Project PU's 2nd Annual Secret Santa

Hey LzzzR I was your Secret Santa and I got the Regigigas + Gourgeist team you requested. It took a lot of testing so I hope it doesn't disappoint!

Gourgeist-Super @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leech Seed
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis

Regigigas @ Leftovers
Ability: Slow Start
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
- Knock Off
- Return

Pyukumuku @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Block
- Recover
- Toxic
- Soak

Liepard @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Encore
- Copycat
- Substitute
- Knock Off

Silvally-Ghost @ Ghost Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Parting Shot
- Shadow Ball
- Defog
- Thunder Wave

Audino @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Toxic

This was a fairly difficult team to make, but I feel like it actually turned out pretty well. Anyways, its a stall team thats built around weakening the opposing team to support a late game Regigigas sweep (Something that occurs way more often then I first thought). The first mon on the team is Gourgeist, and it works pretty well with Audino to form the defensive backbone of the team. They both help compliment each others strengths and weaknesses and can pretty easily spread status throughout the whole game. Miltank actually forms a better core with Gourgeist (due to thick fat), but I felt like wish support is pretty necessary on this team, so I went with my gut and added Audino. Audino gives some nice wish passes and it can also pull of some clutch heal bells. Regigigas and Silvally in particular really enjoy the support that Audino gives, as it keeps them alive and status-free for much longer. The next mon, Pyukumuku, is also pretty important to the team. A surprising number of people underestimate it and don't realize that it can get block, only thinking it can use soak and toxic. These three moves work incredibly well with each other and can wear down a lot of mons (Ferroseed and Skuntank immediately come to mind). After you block them in, go for soak even if they can be toxiced first. Removing their STAB is usually more important then getting a few extra toxic turns. Pyukumuku really shines versus physical sweepers like Carracosta and Gurdurr, as it ignores their stat boosts via unaware. Just be really careful not to let opposing mons get up a substitute, because that can be really problematic for Pyukumuku and the rest of the team. The next mon on the team is Silvally-Ghost. Its fairly bulky, but can get worn down after a while. Just make sure to keep it healthy via Audino's wish passing and heal bells. Parting shot is really helpful and provides a ton of momentum. Using thunderwave, then parting shot is a particularly nice combo that works really well with Regigigas, allowing it to take more hits and not waste turns on its own thunderwaves. Another good combo is to use parting shot on a predicted switch. Then you can go into Liepard and use copycat to get ANOTHER parting shot and even more momentum. Liepard itself is also a key member of the team. It stops defensive mons in their tracks, and can sometimes use their own moves against them with copycat. Something I like to do is to encore a mon into stealth rocks/spikes, then use copycat to give them their own hazards. Liepard can also encore mons into various setup moves then use copycat to use the setup moves for itself. The final and most important mon on this team is Regigigas, which the whole team was centered around. Max HP can make it really bulky, and max attack makes it hit like a truck when slow start wears off. Knock off and return hit a lot of mons and help Regigigas hit Type: Null and other eviolite users. Silvally's parting shot helps gigas take even more hits, and Audino's wish/heal bell allow it to become a threat even after it had formerly been crippled. However, there are a few notable weaknesses to the team that I discovered when testing it. The first of these weaknesses is that nothing can switch in on a toxic, or absorb toxic spikes, which can sometimes be annoying. The other weakness is substitute, which can make some of your mons useless. Other then that, it plays surprisingly well, and can dish out some real punishment. I hope you enjoy the team; although it isn't top ladder good, it can certainly hold its own.

Fragmented

procrastinating...
is a Pokemon Researcher
Yo Dibs The Dreamer , I'm your santa man. You asked for Pikaspam and I'm here to deliver. I'm not a good teambuilder so forgive me teams are ass.

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Knock Off
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Raichu-Alola @ Aloraichium Z
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic Spikes
- Flamethrower

Silvally-Steel @ Steel Memory
EVs: 252 HP / 196 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Toxic
- Parting Shot

Archeops
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 120 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Pain Split

team variation 1: with raichu being the better special attacker, i decided to go with mixed pikachu. i added weezing to be a check to physical attackers in general and help wear things down for the pikabrothers with t spikes. steelvally was added for hazard control and a switch in to special attackers that aren't fire type :/ archeops is the rocks setter and helps deal with electric types like lanturn that the pikabros struggle to get pass. misdreavus is the spinblocker and stall breaker of sorts cos this team kinda sucks against bulky teams. this team is kind of bad in general lol

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Volt Tackle
- Extreme Speed
- Knock Off
- Grass Knot

Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Archeops
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Atk / 64 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Miltank @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Milk Drink

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

tried to use a more physically oriented pikachu set to surpirse special walls that think they can eat a hit. taunt over t spikes weezing, can't remember why i did it but helps it to beat slower hazard setters/removers and other weezings. changed misdreavus for miltank which can take fire and ice hits better, set hazards and be an overall nuisance. this freed up a slot on archeops, so i gave it defog which helps in a pinch. this made steevally kind of obsolete since its job got split between miltank and archeops. i decided to add gurdurr, which functioned as another switch in to physical attackers, status absorber and secondary win con.

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Ability: Static
Hasty Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Extreme Speed

Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Kingler @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Liquidation
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Crustle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Weak Armor
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

Haunter @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Disable
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 44 Atk / 252 SpA / 212 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Flame Charge
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Earthquake

went for a more offensive approach with this one. hazard stacking crustle is hella cool. sub disable haunter is my favourite set cos it beats mons like hitmonchan and komala which usually only have one way to hit you, although scarf can be used to make up for the lack of speed in this team. magmortar was kind of added just to help deal better with jynx and other offensive fires, and also ferro. dual dance kingler to help break special walls and ground types that halter aloraichu sweep. changed pikachu set back to a specially oriented one since i didn't find knock off utility as useful as something like hp ice which can hit things like alolan tree and fluff cloud

Pikachu @ Light Ball
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Electric Terrain

Raichu-Alola @ Fightinium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Liepard @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Hone Claws
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Gunk Shot

Togedemaru @ Terrain Extender
Jolly Nature
- Zing Zap
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Electric Terrain

Swoobat @ Electric Seed
Ability: Simple
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Roost
- Air Slash

Golurk @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Shadow Punch
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

you already know what it is. it's bad that's what it is.

also i put simple on swoobat, although unaware works as well

happy holidays, although they aren't good teams, i hope you enjoy them nonetheless.

SergioRules

||blimp||
is a Community Contributor

Hey galbia I was your Secret Santa and I have the Choice Band Basculin team you wanted. Honestly, it was kinda difficult because 1) I'm not great at teambuilding and 2) Basculin is kind of a weird mon this gen though Adaptability Liquidation is pretty cool.
Basculin being your requested mon was easy to make. Liquidation is insanely powerful and the chance to lower defense has come in handy a few times turning 3HKOs into 2HKOs, Zen Headbutt helps with Qwilfish, Superpower OHKOs Jynx that try to switch in to a predicted Water move, and Aqua Jet provides strong reliable priority. I felt like adding Magmortar next, as Basculin needed a solid grass type check and Magmortar's Special Attack also helps break through physically based walls that Basculin has trouble getting through. I went back and forth between AV and Fightinium Z but thought AV would be better overall. Now for the third spot I had several different things that I tried ranging from Ferroseed to Exeggutor as a Grass type to complete the FWG core I had going. Eventually, I decided on Ludicolo because it checks Water types well and also provides rain that helps increase Basculin's STAB power. A Waterium Z also helps in situations where you can't risk missing a Hydro Pump. I added Palossand as a rocker and Fighting check since Basculin needs hazards to help wear down its checks and appreciates the Electric immunity. I chose a mixed Scarf Swanna for some surprise factor and fast Defog so it's much harder to be Taunted or KO'd before you get rid of hazards. Finally, I chose Kangaskhan as a strong breaker that also helps in Trick Room matchups with Fake Out. I'm sure there are some improvements to be made here and there, but it's been pretty successful for me so far. Good luck with it!

Basculin @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Aqua Jet
- Zen Headbutt
- Superpower

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Grass

Ludicolo @ Waterium Z
Ability: Swift Swim
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

Palossand @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Compaction
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Shadow Ball
- Earth Power
- Shore Up

Swanna @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hydration
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Liquidation

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Double-Edge

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello user: Akir. I made your team with an Archeops!
passimian.gif
archeops.gif
skuntank.gif
mesprit.gif
palossand.gif
eelektross.gif

So when I saw "something with Archeops", I took that to mean you just wanted a really standard team with something you maybe hadn't used as much as you would've liked. Just a bit of a disclaimer for why this is like, the least crazy/out there team in the thread so far. Anyway, Passimian+Archeops is just lol. This core poops on a lot of things, and that's before you pair it with Skuntank, which does Defog stuff for Archeops and Pursuit stuff for Passimian. Scarf Mesprit is nice because both mons actually like Healing Wish quite a lot. Afterwards I realized if I didn't run some defensive things this was going to become a bad HO, so Sandcastle+Eel patches that up. Pretty much anything you don't switch into too well (Abomasnow, Magmortar, Drampa) gets offensively pressured very hard, and feel free to death fodder Palossand at any point because it's pretty much the only mon here that won't just win some games on its own. I did go with Yache, just because it better fits the overall offensive nature of the team to mess with Jynx and Specsprit. Yeah not much to say here, quite standard stuff. Only reason it took this long was because I wanted to save it for seasonal, where it got used twice in r8 winners. Would've beat Zugubu without some full para and sleep talk roll bs and Arifeen says he would've beat Teddeh if he didn't choke with it late game but replay is hidden so can't confirm that. Anyway, I hope you enjoy. I know it's not out there, but this is probably the most fun I've had using an otherwise incredibly basic team.
Passimian @ Choice Band
Ability: Receiver
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Archeops
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Skuntank @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aftermath
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Defog
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Healing Wish

Palossand @ Yache Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Shadow Ball
- Earth Power
- Shore Up

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain

dibs

double iron bashes
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Merry Christmas LorisMasta17! Here is your Kecleon team!

COLOURFUL CHOICES
Kecleon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Protean
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Shadow Sneak

Frogadier @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Toxic Spikes

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Protect

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Oricorio-Sensu @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Revelation Dance
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Sandslash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
So with all honesty I started with specs protean spam with Kecleon and Frogardier. Turns out special Kecleon is dong, so I went with the typical AV set with fake out as the filler slot. From there I basically made Kangaspikes bulky offense with Kecleon instead of Kangaskhan. Mesprit and Ferroseed made up the hazard stack core, paired with bulky Oricorio-Sensu to be a dedicated spinblocker. Ive been meaning to feature this set for a long time, and it seemed to fit well since the team appreciated a secondary fighting check that wasn't completely dead weight vs Skuntank like Sableye is. Since Sensu still added to the Skunk weakness I used Sandslash over the typical Hitmonchan as my spinner, which also gave the team an electric immunity, knock off support and a bit more speed with choice scarf.

The teams probably not the best but is hella fun and features some interesting sets, perfect for a Christmas present!

Hope you enjoy!

e: forgot to say ty to Fragmented, you went the extra mile with my request and made some cool stuff

Last edited:
GyroNutz Merry Christmas fren. You asked for a team built around togedemaru + swanna.
(why is swanna sprite so big this shit be fucking with my ocd)
we (Pinsir) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge

wish (Passimian) @ Choice Band
Ability: Receiver
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot

you (Mesprit) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

a (Togedemaru) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Zing Zap
- Iron Head
- Toxic

merry (Regirock) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 16 Def / 184 SpD
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

christmas (Swanna) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Keen Eye
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost

So ik i was suppose to build around togedemaru and swanna, but i actually started with a core of pinsir + passimian. Passimian has like 1 switch in being weezing, which pinsir lures in and ohkos with +2 earthquake. I then added 3atks rocks mesprit. I really like this set as it can 2hko shit like ferroseed and it 2hkos standard skuntank which i find really good. also a soft fighting check. I then added togedemaru as speed control, an electric immune, and a check to shit like alolan raichu, jynx and lilligant. I was realizing that this was gonna turn into some shitty HO if i didnt add a defensive backbone so i put regirock as a fire, normal and flying resist. protect scouts stuff like primeape, and weakens magmortars z-focus blast. I then added swanna as a secondary fighting resist. While testing the team i was able to get to the finals of a room tour, and i could have won it if i didnt choke at the end.

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Merry Christmas Sixes_ I am your Secret Santa unfortunately for you

I thought you would want a stall team with your Palossand and Audino so that's what I attempted to do.

palossand.gif
audino.gif
ferroseed-3.gif
lanturn.gif
primeape.gif
musharna.gif

I just went standard Palo and Audi here, so this core so far sets rocks and can wish pass. I wanted to use the strength of having Palo here as being a spinblocker that can set rocks is pretty nice compression so I paired these two with Ferroseed which gives you spikes and also a switch in to Kanga. I added AV Lanturn(my own set cause I like it), which helps with fire and ice-types as well gives you a better check to oricorio its also nice with Audi as it can receive whishes rather nicely. Primeape looks strange on stall, but I feel we really needed a revenge killer in case things like Lilligant or CM oricorio become out of hand, it also makes a nice defog deterrent which synergizes nicely with Palo and Ferroseed. I ended with Musharna as I wanted a win con as well as a secondary fighting check.

From testing this team seems decent, I won a room tour with it if that means anything, it is far from perfect but I am far from a perfect builder so I feel I did pretty well with it. Watch out for Absol it kinda 6-0s :(.

Tool (Palossand) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Earth Power
- Shore Up
- Stealth Rock

Nirvana (Audino) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Rotting Christ (Ferroseed) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Spikes

Misfits (Lanturn) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 132 SpA / 252 SpD / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Marilyn Manson (Primeape) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Seether (Musharna) @ Fairium Z
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam

Names are bands I like, look them up if you don't know some of them :)

Replays:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-679575552

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-679588100

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-679595119

Last edited:
sup Mysterious M , im your secret santa!
Today I bring you the blessing of a Jynx / Silvally core team as per your request.

Jynx @ Normalium Z
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Lovely Kiss
- Ice Beam
- Nasty Plot

Silvally-Steel @ Steel Memory
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower
- Grass Pledge
- Parting Shot

Kabutops @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Swift Swim
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Rapid Spin

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled

Oricorio-Sensu @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Revelation Dance
- Hurricane

Muk @ Choice Band
Ability: Poison Touch
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- Shadow Sneak

So, when I was given this request I sorta struggled to realise what the core was meant to do together but after some more investigation I figured this would be he best way of utilising both pokemon. Jynx with Z-Lovely Kiss and Sub is not only a threatening mid-game breaker, but a fantastic cleaner too. Therefore, my entire outlook on the team will revolve around a jynx win in the late game. So the silvally set I wanted to utilise was the offensive aoa set with freshly buffed grass pledge to add coverage. The idea is that silvally will bait in both fire types and water types that typically wall jynx's mono ice coverage, and do a decent amount of damage to each. obviously vs bulky waters you can hit them with grass pledge for extra weakening, but vs fire types your gonna have to parting shot or settle for flash cannon damage. This is where i added clefairy. As a rocker, it gives any team fantastic role compression since it walls all of the special fire types in a pinch as well as most of the special attacking meta, which is a huge advantage it gives. Paired with the fire weak core of silvally and jynx, this magic guard beast is almost impossible to whittle, so its super good in keeping that entire fire type range in check. Next I added scarf kabutops. I figured this team was a little weak to archeops considering silvally wasnt bulky, jynx has to waste its z-move to outspeed and couldnt check and clefairy gets straight owned. Scarf kabu also gives us a good revenge killer for threats such as carracosta which may decide to shell smash up and an emergency rapid spinner if you couldn't keep them away. So again, huge compression of roles. This really opens up the last 2 slots, since i can sorta pick what i want any of them to do. Here I add subcm oricorio and this is to really punish a fighting type to lock themselves into close combat. since Clefairy is spdef, its important that you can dissaude fighting types from choosing a move which deals a ton of damage. Oricorio also synergises well with the core we are building around since it can settup and be a nuisance to the likes of lanturn / eelektross which the team does well to whittle down into jynx range. I finally add cb muk to give a bit more immediate power which the team lacks but also, and more importantly, a tspikes absorber. it also doubles as an extra fighting check, so its useful in that sense as well.
Overall this team is quite fun, i'd say clefairy is the most replaceable since this team is basically offense+clefairy but I couldn't find anything which filled the void of a rlly good fire resist and rocker since combusken / maggy / pyroar are a real bitch to try checking in 1 slot that isnt as passive as clefairy. So if you were to replace anything I'd probably say that. Its weak to pinsir (z-me first literally wins) and lycanroc so those are things you need to keep kabutops around for. Z-Me first pinsir will make u unhappy tho so just beware and try and overload it with pressure such as rocks and jynx setting up before it can.

cheers!

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey, Sceptistar - Here's your requested Hail team. I made a lot of different versions that I had a lot of fun testing for you, and have posted all of them here (some are clearly better than others, but they're all fun to use on the ladder or in tours). Team concepts based around weather are really hit or miss: either you have a solid match-up from the outset, or your Pokemon run out of steam against bulkier styles of play due to the nature of weather-themed Hyper Offense teams as a whole (assuming you went with traditional Hail, with Slush Rush Beartic). Something to note too, I build Hail a bit differently than others do, in that I generally forget about Pokemon like Walrein and Beartic because I think that Jynx with Blizzard is a much better abuser (whether it's Scarf, LO, or Normalium Z Blizzard). If I'm trying to build viable Semi-stall with Hail, I focus more on the residual damage that Hail provides rather than looking for what I'd call "true abusers," and try instead to add to Hail's damage with other forms of passive damage like Toxic, Leech Seed, stacking entry hazards, Rocky Helmet, etc. a la old TSS (Toxic Sandstorm Spikes) teams from Gen 2 and onward. Anyway, I'm one of a few people in the tier that has a lot of experience with the team archetype, even if it isn't considered the most viable (I know Dibs The Dreamer also has experience building Hail), so I think I built something that you'll like. Merry (belated) Christmas!

HAIL STALL feat. special guest, Walrein

/

Abomasnow @ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 176 HP / 80 SpA / 36 SpD / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Protect
- Blizzard

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb

Carbink @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stone Edge
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast

Sableye @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Safety Goggles
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Defog
- Revelation Dance

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake

OR

Walrein @ Normalium Z
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 232 HP / 16 Def / 216 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defense Curl
- Encore
- Substitute
- Ice Ball

This team's focus is Hail semi-stall with Ice Ball Walrein as your main wincon. Starting off, I used a core of Abomasnow + Walrein: Abomasnow's Snow Warning activates Walrein's Ice Body, and Abomasnow threatens bulky Water-types like Gastrodon for Walrein, while specially defensive Walrein beats most Flying-types for Abomasnow. Walrein's Normalium Z will allow it to increase its Speed with Z Encore (+1) or boost its accuracy (+1) with Z Defense Curl so that Ice Ball's 90% accuracy never lets you down. I modified Abomasnow's standard offensive set quite a bit, by opting for Icy Rock over Abomasnow's usual Life Orb to increase the number of Hail turns from 5 to 8, and by using Leech Seed, Protect, and a bulkier spread. The given Special Attack allows you to still OHKO Gastrodon with Giga Drain, but mostly you'll be clicking Leech Seed and Protect with this until an offensive Water-type like Floatzel is seen. Protect + Leech Seed + Toxic Spikes + Hail is truly a pain, unless you're fighting something like Clefairy, which brings me to my third addition.

Weezing was then added for Toxic Spikes, a Fighting resist to switch into attacks on Abomasnow's and Walrein's behalves, and to pressure Clefairy with Taunt and Poison STAB. The given Speed EVs with Taunt allow it to prevent Carracosta from setting up with Shell Smash. Flamethrower lets it beat Steel-types, especially Ferroseed, Togedemaru, and Alolan Dugtrio. Thunderbolt however is still an option here, as it helps in match-ups against Archeops, Qwilfish, and prevents Oricorio-Sensu from being able to setup via CM or Substitute.

Next, I was looking for a Ghost-type to protect Weezing's Toxic Spikes from being removed by Rapid Spin users, most notably Hitmonchan. I looked at options like Safety Goggles Oricorio-Sensu, which is immune to Hail, Lilligant's Sleep Powder, sets up alongside Quiver Dance users like Lilligant and Bellossom thanks to its ability, Dancer, and it hits Hitmonchan super effectively with Hurricane. However, Oricorio-Sensu cannot actually switch into Hitmonchan, and I wanted to be able to pivot into Psychic-type attacks for Weezing when necessary, so I settled on Sableye. Sableye is incredibly annoying to break, especially when used in tandem with Toxic Spikes, Leech Seed, Hail, and its Rocky Helmet racking up so much residual damage. It also supplies the team with Knock Off support, which is important for keeping up offensive pressure with Hail by removing its foes' Leftovers/Black Sludge.

Now at this point, with Abomasnow, Walrein, Weezing, and Sableye, I was looking terribly weak to Oricorio-Sensu, Pyroar, Magmortar, and Drampa. What covers all of these in one slot? Specially defensive Carbink. I'm using Stone Edge with a Sassy nature here for the sake of hitting AV Magmortar and CM Oricorio-Sensu harder (Power Gem stops breaking Sensu's Substitutes reliably at +2), while not reducing the amount of damage done to Drampa via Moonblast. Carbink is passive and does not fit on offensive styles of play, but it fits perfectly here on this Hail Semi-stall squad. As a side note, Rest is a possible option over Protect, but you'd ideally run Heal Bell / Aromatherapy with that.

For my last slot, I needed entry hazard removal, and a better Lilligant answer since I opted for Sableye over Oricorio-Sensu, so Oricorio-Pom-Pom was a natural choice. Safety Goggles prevents Lilligant's Sleep Powder from working, while protecting it from Hail damage at the same time. Assuming you know Archeops's set and it's lacking Stone Edge, Pom-Pom can easily switch into its Acrobatics or Earthquake for the team. Scout for that first though, before you make that switch from Pom-Pom into Archeops.

At the end of the teambuilding process, I noticed I was fairly weak to Lanturn, Togedemaru, and mixed Carracosta, so I replaced Walrein with Gastrodon. If you do end up making that decision, it's fine to restructure the team a bit from Abomasnow / Walrein / Weezing / Sableye / Carbink / Oricorio-Pom-Pom to Abomasnow / Thunderbolt Weezing / Defog Skuntank / Gastrodon / Oricorio-Sensu with Flyinium Z / Carbink. Even still though, this version with Walrein reached 1500 effortlessly on the ladder and has won against some players who main the tier because I was carried by that core of Sableye + Weezing + Carbink.

replay against Many : https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-680001952

HAIL SEMI-STALL feat. Curse Cradily

Abomasnow @ Icy Rock
EVs: 176 HP / 80 SpA / 36 SpD / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Protect
- Blizzard

Weezing @ Icium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Taunt
- Flamethrower

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Flareon @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 236 SpD / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Superpower
- Flare Blitz

Gabite @ Eviolite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Roar

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Rock Slide

This team is very similar to the one above, however where it starts to differentiate itself is how it protects its entry hazards. The building process started with the same core of Abomasnow and Weezing for that Hail + Toxic Spikes combo, but then Pawniard was added to deter Defog users from removing Toxic Spikes via Defiant, and to check annoying Pokemon to this core (either those that pressure both Abomasnow and Weezing, or those that remove entry hazards: specifically, Skuntank and Oricorio-Sensu). In addition to beating Oricorio-Sensu and Skuntank, Pawniard also provides some protection against Jynx and Haunter, which would otherwise apply a lot of offensive pressure to this team.

With Pawniard, Abomasnow, and Weezing, this configuration was starting to look pretty Fire weak, which prompted me to try specially defensive Flareon. I had seen Rack MC use this quite a bit, and while people don't consider this to be viable, it just puts in a lot of work some games because of its natural special bulk, usable utility slots, and decent coverage. It tanks hits from HP Fire Lilligant, specially offensive Silvally-Steel, Jynx lacking Psyshock, Abomasnow, Pyroar, and even takes a Specs Draco Meteor from Drampa, while smacking them all around with Superpower or Flare Blitz. Gabite is fully crippled by status, and Cradily's Sleep Talk can be unreliable at times, so they both appreciate Flareon's Heal Bell support. Also important to note, Flareon's Adamant uninvested Flare Blitz 2HKOes specially defensive Clefairy, which is immune to all the residual damage this team is aiming to inflict. Flareon is built to creep 252 Spe Modest Drampa; its Superpower OHKOes Drampa with SR up 100% of the time, or 50% of the time without it.

Looking for a sturdier Water resist than Abomasnow, I used specially defensive Cradily to protect Flareon with its Storm Drain. Initially, I was using its standard SR set, but found a Curse set with RestTalk to be far more potent on this team type. Given Toxic Spikes will be down and Fighting- and Ice-types will be mostly accounted for by Weezing and Flareon, Curse RestTalk SpDef Cradily is a great centerpiece and wincon for the team. Taunt and Encore are really the only way to take it down, unless your foe has preserved a Rock resist that is immune to Toxic, like Ferroseed (however, we have Flareon and Flamethrower Weezing for that).

The last slot needed to have a volt stop, a check to grounded Poison-types that could remove Toxic Spikes by switching in, Stealth Rock, an answer to Magmortar, as that busts through Flareon via Earthquake, and so I looked no further than specially defensive Gabite. As a final note, this build is a bit Fighting weak, so I used Icium Z Haze on Weezing to outlast most of those.

replay of LordST using this team vs jklioe in the finals of a room tour: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-672778291

HAIL BALANCE v1 and v2

Abomasnow @ Icy Rock
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Focus Blast
- Blizzard

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Toxic Spikes
- Waterfall

Regirock @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 236 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Rock Slide

Jynx @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Blizzard
- Psyshock
- Lovely Kiss

Palossand @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 32 SpA / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Shadow Ball
- Earth Power
- Shore Up

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Rapid Spin

Abomasnow @ Icy Rock
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Focus Blast
- Blizzard

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Toxic Spikes
- Waterfall

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Atk / 16 Def / 140 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Protect / Rest

Jynx @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Blizzard
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Sableye @ Darkinium Z
Bold Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp

Sandslash @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

These teams started with a different core than the ones above; rather than using Weezing + Abomasnow, which pretty much pigeon-holes you into looking for a solid Magmortar switch-in, I started with Qwilfish as Abomasnow's main partner using this core here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pu-good-cores.3613016/page-2#post-7562618. Qwilfish outspeeds and OHKOes Magmortar with just 8 Atk, SR, and Waterfall. (Don't place the remaining 8 EVs in Defense or I'll fight you :pirate:). If you're using Liquidation over Waterfall, then the 8 EVs don't matter.

0 Atk Qwilfish Waterfall vs. 64 HP / 0 Def Magmortar: 230-272 (74.9 - 88.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
vs
8 Atk Qwilfish Waterfall vs. 64 HP / 0 Def Magmortar: 234-276 (76.2 - 89.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Next, Skuntank needed to be addressed immediately, as it checks Abomasnow and removes Qwilfish's Toxic Spikes by simply switching in, so I decided to use Curse Regirock to pressure and capitalize on Skuntank switches. Curse Regirock is the team's primary wincon, and in addition to Skuntank, it's here to also stop Pokemon like Pyroar, Archeops, Kangaskhan, and more. Regirock is protected from Water-types by Abomasnow and Qwilfish to an extent, and by Jynx's Dry Skin, which can use said moves as setup initiative for a free NP/Z Lovely Kiss. Version two's Regirock has enough Attack to OHKO Pyroar, and is great at stalling over Toxic Spikes with either Rest or Protect.

The following addition is what prompted me to create two different versions. While Qwilfish is effective in addressing most Fighting-types, its Intimidate activates Primeape's Defiant, so I needed a better switch-in for Primeape. On version one, I'm using Palossand to protect Regirock and Abomasnow from Primeape, and on the second team, Sableye. Then, with Palossand as my team's volt stop, I used AV Hitmonchan with Thunder Punch as my option for entry hazard removal. AV Hitmonchan helps out Regirock by sharing the onus of checking Fire-types and other troublesome special attackers (Drampa), and its Thunder Punch is used to pressure Swanna and Qwilfish for the team. On the second version with Sableye as the Primeape switch-in, specially defensive AV Sandslash was able to condense roles and act as the team's volt stop and option for hazard control while checking Poison- and Rock-types like Skuntank and Lycanroc, which I felt was important given I was using Jynx.

Lastly, Jynx is the primary abuser of Hail here with its STAB, 100% accurate Blizzards. On Version 1, Hitmonchan provides some Speed control via Mach Punch, so I chose to use Z Lovely Kiss Jynx over a Choice Scarf there. Both Jynx and Abomasnow are protected from Skuntank, Archeops, Pyroar, Lycanroc, CS Primeape by some mixture of Regirock / Palossand / AV Hitmonchan on version 1, and by Regirock / Sableye / AV Sandslash on version 2. At the very last moment, I realized I didn't have a Z crystal on version 2 (which is okay, teams can function without them in some cases), so I experimented with slots on Regirock (Normalium Z Psych Up, which worked for healing it to back to 100% HP), and CM / Wisp / Recover / Dark Pulse Darkinium Z Sableye, which is also a great option here, so use whichever you prefer.

vs Hax Ruins Pokemon https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-679250965

HAIL OFFENSE.EXE

Abomasnow @ Icy Rock
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Focus Blast
- Blizzard

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Toxic Spikes
- Waterfall

Beartic @ Icium Z
Ability: Slush Rush
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Icicle Crash
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Jynx @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Lovely Kiss

Golem @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Punch

I imagine this is probably the kind of team you were expecting when you thought "Hail," so I went ahead and built this. Beartic didn't seem to do much during tests, especially not in match-ups against hard counters like Qwilfish, but luckily Jynx is there to check that, as well as pivot into Qwilfish's Water type moves. Beartic can be at least somewhat effective with Spikes and SR up, and SD Icium Z Icicle Crash is basically just a nuke for Pokemon that avoid being hit super effectively by Beartic. SD Aqua Jet is really here for Pyroar, Archeops, and Magmortar, which the team can sometimes struggle with. Along this same line of thought, I've chosen Jolly Qwilfish, AV Hitmonchan, EQ Abomasnow, and Protect Golem to help with handling Fire-types here. Golem's Protect is also useful in scouting for Z moves and stalling over Toxic Spikes, while Rock Blast was chosen for breaking through Oricorio-Sensu's and Articuno's Substitutes. Like Qwilfish, I also used Jolly nature for Golem, as that lets it check threats like 252 Spe Adamant Aggron, Mawile, bulky pivot Lanturn, etc. which is helpful for allowing for Jynx to clean up late-game.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-679690563
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-678335849

ABOMASNOW HO

Abomasnow @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Giga Drain
- Blizzard

Qwilfish @ Waterium Z
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Liquidation
- Explosion

Golurk @ Yache Berry
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Kadabra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Counter
- Taunt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- Stone Edge

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

This isn't really built around Hail, rather it's a hyper offensive team built around Abomasnow that concentrates on whittling foes down with Abomasnow's Hail, Qwilfish's and Golurk's entry hazards, and Pawniard's and Abomasnow's priority. Taunt Kadabra, Golurk, and a double Defiant core in Primeape + Pawniard protect entry hazards rather well here by foiling your opponent's attempts at removing entry hazards either via Defog or Rapid Spin. There are several ways to remove Skuntank: Counter Kadabra, Exploding on it with Qwilfish, hitting EQ with Abomasnow on the switch, smacking it with Primeape, and pivoting into it via Pawniard's Steel-typing and using that as setup initiative. Yache Berry was used on Golurk for Hitmonchan and seems a bit more useful than Colbur sometimes to be honest, but Colbur is still a great option for taking a Dark attack from Skuntank, then retaliating with STAB EQ. Rather than using Pawniard's standard EV spread, it is possible to EV for Oricorio-Sensu's +1 SSSS with more Special Defense and HP investment; this would also allow you to check Jynx and Haunter more reliably too, but this is entirely optional.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-679689396

Anyway, hope you enjoy the teams. There are a lot of other Pokemon that are usable on Hail, like bulky Kangaskhan, SpDef Clefairy, Duosion, and a few others that I've tested with, but I think this is fine for now - let me know anytime if you'd like more teams.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas LordST, albeit a late one. Here's your articuno team that you requested.

hitmonchan.png
articuno.png
carracosta.png
mesprit.png
stoutland.png
togedemaru.png

Mystic (Articuno) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Freeze-Dry
- Hurricane

Togekiss + Doduo (Hitmonchan) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch

Oogway (Carracosta) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

Charlie (Togedemaru) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Zing Zap
- Toxic

Mesprit @ Icium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Signal Beam

Gandalf (Stoutland) @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Facade
- Pursuit
- Superpower

So basically, I felt that hazard control was necessary with Articuno, so I slapped Hitmonchan onto the team, who also beats fire types like Pyroar and rock types in virtue of its typing. Defensive Carracosta is a reliable rocker for the team who helps check normal spam. From here, I added Mesprit as a fighting + ground check and a special wallbreaker, Togedemaru as an electric absorber and momentum gainer along with a necessary revenge killer for Jynx, weakened Lilligant and opposing scarfers. Finally, Stoutland was added as a physical wallbreaker that helps beat through otherwise annoying mons like Sableye. There are a few variations you can make to the team of course; I tried it with defensive Mesprit and Shell Smash Carracosta, but anyway I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks to InfernoMonferno for the team he made me, much appreciated

2xTheTap, Here is a team centered around Flyinium-Z Oricorio and Haunter.

Sorry the sprites for Pyukumuku and Oricorio go all wonky so I can't get the sprites :/

Oricrio-Sensu

Haunter

Pyukumuku

Torterra

Armaldo

Raichu-Alola

Oricorio-Sensu @ Flyinium Z
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Revelation Dance
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Pyukumuku @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Soak
- Memento

Haunter @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Synthesis
- Superpower
- Seed Bomb

Raichu-Alola @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

Armaldo @ Assault Vest
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Aqua Jet
- X-Scissor

This is the core I put together. It uses both Flyinium-Z Oricorio Sensu and Gengar. I decided to add Pyukumuku as a third mon because the rest of the core had very little bulk and Pyukumuku solves that nicely. He also is capable of sweeping unprepared teams because of his extreme bulk coupled with Soak Toxic and Recover. Pyukumuku also serves to compliment Oricorio through Memento support. If Pyukumuku is out of recovers or can't stop whatever Pokemon is out it can use Memento to lower the opponents attack enough to ether force a switch or stay in and let Oricorio set up, either way Oricorio gets a free turn of set up with either calm mind and can sweep. Also if Pyukumuku faints but managed to get a soak off on the opponent Haunter can get SE coverage with TBolt.

Toterra has coverage options for the Pokémon who generally threaten Oricorio and Haunter, while Raichu brings some much needed speed to the team in case of faster threats which the team can't handle. Armaldo is fairly bulky, hits like a truck, and has a reasonable defensive typing to handle other misc. threats.

Obviously it's not the best team, but it's a lot of fun and I hope you enjoy it ^_^

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
And finally, sliding in at the very last moment, we have a team from me to pinktidal! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Pawniard_XY.gif
Kecleon_XY.gif
Palossand_SM.gif
Leavanny_XY.gif
passimian.gif
Carracosta_XY.gif

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Kecleon @ Assault Vest
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Sucker Punch

Palossand @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Shadow Ball
- Earth Power
- Shore Up

Leavanny @ Focus Sash
Ability: Overcoat
Naive Nature
- Sticky Web
- Leaf Storm
- X-Scissor
- Knock Off

Passimian @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Carracosta @ White Herb
Ability: Solid Rock
Naughty Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Hydro Pump

So this team was delayed mainly because making the core of Pawniard + Kecleon work was a trip and a half, but after several attempts I have successfully put both on the same team.

For Pawniard I just went for the bog-standard SD set with Eviolite. Knock Off is always great and Pawniard still packs quite the punch this gen. As for Kecleon, I originally had LO on it for some additional power, but after the rest of the team was made I realized that an Assault Vest is actually really handy to have as an option. Speaking of the rest of the team:

First step was to cancel out the huge Fighting weakness the team had right off the bat, so Colbur Palossand was a pretty good fit for the role. Palossand also supplied Stealth Rock and could work as a long-term pivot with its healing and spinblock. After that I tried to think of what context both of the mons would excel in, and after a few tries I found that Sticky Web was the most fun. Leavanny is the only setter I care about, so it makes the team...oh and the extra speed is great too. Passimian was then added for some more muscle, as the CB set is incredibly hard to actually switch in on and the webs means that Passimian outspeeds most of the tier. Deadly combo, truly, especially when Defiant can work to thwart Defog. Last slot goes to Carracosta, because the Normal, Fire, and Flying resist is handy for the rest of the team, and the addition of a solid wincon that massively benefits from Sticky Web and yet more priority means that your opponent will be having just as much fun as you are! WOW!

The team isn't perfect though, as there are threats like Lilligant that require a lot of play to get around and the Fighting weakness is still felt pretty hard. It is a lot of fun though, and that's what the game and the season is all about. Happy laddering!

Last edited:
hi, Robert Alfons, i had you as my secret santa! sorry for being late on this, i suck! you wanted a core of exeggutor-a + togedemaru. here ya go.

so i started with eggy-a, and decided on a standard specs set! this set, as i'm sure u know, is a super powerful wallbreaker that can punch holes through a lot of teams. togedemaru and eggy-a is a great core because of their synergy of types in my opinion, only really missing out on fire-types being covered, but regardless. toge's set is a standard scarf set to give the team a form of speed early on in the building process. i then added a qwilfish initially for entry hazards, but decided on skuntank instead for its ability to defog instead, which helps a lot considering you're going to be switching a lot. skuntank also traps psychic- and ghost-types for mesprit, which i'll get into later. pyroar helps keep entry hazards up, is a generally strong breaker, and loves how eggy-a weakens the opponent enough so it can overpower the opponent later on. mesprit provides stealth rock, healing wish (which is awesome with eggy-a), and a secondary ground-type resistance, which helps a lot. finally, gurdurr is just the general glue and win condition and fits the team incredibly well.

i hope you enjoy the team!!!! i'm sorry it took so long to deliver, i've just been busy! but here it is. better late than never, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)