Resource USUM PU Teambuilding Lab - Request teams here! (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, i'd like to see a team with this Shiftry set which i think it's really interesting for the roles it can cover:

Shiftry @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
- Rock Slide
- Defog

Marowak @ Life Orb
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Thunder Punch

So since Marowak became kinda viable (since it recently became D in the VR) I might as well wanted to give it a shot but I can't find any good teammates to go with Marowak. and I also wanted to try it new move Curse which IMO is better than Swords Dance. Earthquake is for STAB and it is a powerful move. and Iron Head and Thunder Punch are for type coverage for ice and Water. Grass-types can be a problem so it will be nice if a fire type will be on the team.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Marowak @ Life Orb
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Thunder Punch

So since Marowak became kinda viable (since it recently became D in the VR) I might as well wanted to give it a shot but I can't find any good teammates to go with Marowak. and I also wanted to try it new move Curse which IMO is better than Swords Dance. Earthquake is for STAB and it is a powerful move. and Iron Head and Thunder Punch are for type coverage for ice and Water. Grass-types can be a problem so it will be nice if a fire type will be on the team.
Since I'm reasonably certain someone else will respond to this if I don't- we'll do a marowak team but definitely not with this set. I don't know if you've heard of Thick Club before, but it doubles Marowak's attack stat and is the only viable item to run. Curse is also ridiculously subpar, there's no reason to run it so you could replace a good set with Curse if you prefer but I don't think we're going to be making the team with that in mind. Ditto goes for the coverage moves, they're just not good Also, unless I'm crazy, Marowak's been ranked the entire time. Like it's terrible and Trick Room is the only really rankable niche (although we can just make a regular team with Marowak), but this definitely isn't a recent mon. Sorry, I don't want to critique submissions since it's totally fine to not know exactly what you want or what a mon does when you post, but I wanted to clear up some things before 3 people respond about life orb marowak

I would like to request a team built around two terrifying mons that if played properly can wreck any team archetype, Substitute Jynx and BD Zangoose. I have experimented with both on my own but haven't really been able to put together solid team support. I would prefer to stay away from hyper offense... My preferred playstyle is standard offense. Thanks in advance!

Jynx @ Leftovers
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Lovely Kiss
- Nasty Plot
- Ice Beam

Zangoose @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

Last edited:

LordST

Dormi Bene Duce
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Hi GoldenTorkoal I finished up your team with a lot of help from 2xTheTap :

Shiftry @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
- Explosion
- Tailwind

Palossand @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Compaction
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Shore Up
- Shadow Ball

Mesprit @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Lycanroc @ Lycanium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Accelerock
- Fire Fang

Altaria @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 240 HP / 92 SpD / 176 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Toxic
- Roost
- Flamethrower

Togedemaru @ Leftovers
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 240 HP / 140 SpD / 128 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- Encore
- Spiky Shield

We went through a lot of different concepts for this build, ranging from Hyper Offense to more Balanced builds like this one, but this version was what eventually came from hours of testing. Firstly, we decided to change the Shiftry moveset a bit. Rock Slide is pretty niche and rarely gets clicked so Explosion is used instead as a catch all nuke and momentum grab. Defog was also replaced for Tailwind. While Defog is an interesting option on Scarf Shiftry, it just isn't really needed with Defog Altaria on the team and Tailwind was a nice support option for facilitating Mesprit and Lycanroc sweeps. The main draw of Scarf Shiftry is the suprise factor as most people expect a standard LO or Z move set, so try to use it to surprise stuff that think they can outspeed like a weakened Swanna, Archeops, Jynx etc. Palossand was the first partner as it provides good role compression and decent type synergy with Shiftry, taking on fighting types for Shiftry while Shiftry can come in on predicted ghost, water, or grass moves for Palo. Those two mons are quite weak to Fire types like Magmortar and Grass types like Lilligant so Spdef Altaria was added to cover these weaknesses and provide Defog support. 176 Speed outpaces Max Speed neutral natured Abomasnow which can be hit by Alts Flamethrower for an OHKO after rocks damage and a bit of chip depending on Abomas nature. You may not find this much speed necessary tho, so you can try running 96 speed instead to outrun Adamant Pawniard if you'd like. The rest of the EVs are dumped into HP and Spdef so Alt can take on what it needs to as best as it can. The team needed another fighting resist and some breaking power, so Specs Mesprit was added. HP Fire is used to pressure Ferroseed which can give the team trouble while Ice Beam provides strong neutral coverage vs Dark types like Skuntank. Use U-turn when predicting a special wall coming in like Clefairy or Type: Null or just to scout. Z Move Lycanroc was added next as a setup wincon and a way of revenging Jynx and Archeops if those mons' respective checks are worn down too much. Fire Fang is used here to again keep the pressure up on Ferroseed. The team lacked a solid Psychic resist, Oricorio resist, Ice resist, and Z Hyper Beam Lilligant resist. Spdef Togedemaru plugs up all of these holes quite nicely. Iron Head hits Ice types, Toxic wears down switch ins like Palossand and Gastrodon, Encore helps check CM Mesprit and Musharna better, and Spiky Shield helps maintain longevity and scout choice locked mons like Scarf Primeape. 128 speed with a Timid nature outspeeds max speed base 80s like Mesprit and Shiftry.

Some threats to look out for when using this team:

Offensive Dark types can be threatening since the resist is a Shiftry. They can get free kills if they manage to get in safely vs Palossand, Mesprit locked into Psychic, or Altaria. Try to keep pressure up on these by U-turning or Ice Beaming and never clicking Psychic while they are still alive. Remember that Shiftry can always revenge them with Explosion or Leaf Blade if they are weak enough in the case of Absol or Ret. Togedemaru can also outspeed all of them bar Jolly Skuntank, and can roughly 2hko with Iron Head or chip them with Spiky Shield. Lycanroc can also chew unboosted suckers and OHKO back with Splintered Stormshards. The main objective is to never let them get to +2 without being in range of Accelrock.

These are scary for the same reason as the Dark types, but less so because they don't have access to priority. A well-played ghost, LO or Z move Haunter in particular, can get a few kills vs this team if you aren't careful. LO Shadow Ball easily 2hkos Togedemaru and almost 2hkos Alt. That might make Alt a decent check in theory, but when you consider rocks might be up, Sludge Bomb poison, and Shadow Ball spdef drops, it makes the matchup shaky at best. Scarf variants of each are quite easy to handle since Alt and Toge can more easily take them on. When facing LO or z move variants you can always revenge them pretty easily with Shiftry or Lycanroc. Shiftry in particular can surprise them well if they assume a normal set and Sub predicting Sucker, only to be outsped and die to Knock Off.

Hope you enjoy the team I had a good time building it!

Last edited:
I would like a hyper offense team built around this Absol set:

Absol @ Life Orb
Ability: Super Luck
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Psycho Cut
- Night Slash

Absol's ability, Super Luck, increases its critical hit rate by 1, which allows it to break through walls more easily with Night Slash and Psycho Cut. For example, after a SD and rocks, it scores guaranteed OHKOs on both Weezing and Ferrothorn, assuming a critical hit. Sucker Punch helps it deal with offense and remedies its subpar speed to an extent.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Before anything else, our bad. This one got buried in the USUM changes harder than any other request (I think, if yours has been left this long please let us know). But, it's finally here, so yay.

Liepard @ Black Glasses
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Encore
- Copycat

Hello I'm new to this meta and I would like to request a team around one of my pet mons as one of the starting points. Spikes offense would probably be the archetype that's in my comfort zone, but a balance squad would be just fine too. As far as offense goes, I have an affinity for type spam teams, but it's not necessary to go out of your way to satisfy that. For balance I would prefer to have a PDF core included somewhere. Thanks in advance :)
liepard.gif
archeops.gif
eelektross.gif
qwilfish.gif
passimian.gif
mesprit.gif

Liepard @ Black Glasses
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Encore
- Dark Pulse
- Copycat

Archeops
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge / U-Turn
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Roost

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Poison Jab / Destiny Bond

Passimian @ Choice Band
Ability: Receiver
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Mesprit @ Icium Z
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Lemme just say right up front that Liepard is a really disappointing Pokemon and it was further experimenting with it by making this team that led me to nominate it to move down on the viability rankings. It's not unusable, but it's the most annoying part of the team and I can't shake the idea that this but with something like, say, Lycanroc over Liepard (with replacing Archeops) would just be better. Liepard just doesn't have enough defensive utility to justify its place on most teams, which is why I've leaned really hard into it being the Speed control here. Liepard basically replaces the use of a Choice Scarf user, allowing the team to hit other criteria instead. Archeops is a cool partner because the few things it fails to break pretty much all die to Liepard (like Palossand). Edge can lure Eelektross for Liepard and remove annoying opposing Archeops, but otherwise U-Turn for pivoting is just generally nice. It also goes well with Eelektross, which is a fun mon that gets momentum and annoys like, every single specially defensive thing that stops Liepard in its tracks like AV Hitmonchan and Clefairy. Qwilfish provides the Spikes that you sorta kinda requested and is 2/3s of a Fighting resist that chips away at them with Rocky Helmet for Liepard. Passimian provides even more punishment on random specially bulky mons because why not and is the other 1/3 of a Fighting resist. Mesprit was the last mon because secondary Fighting resist and awesome way to lure Skuntank and make sure it's way too weak to be stopping a Liepard sweep. Overall I had a lot of fun playing this team regardless of Liepard just because it forces you to be really offensive. My biggest issue was random scarfers on certain builds i.e. normally Scarf Primeape is manageable but when paired with all the right things it becomes a pain, but nothing that can't be worked around by just playing ur balls off with Liepard. Oh, and 2xthetap also suggested an even more offensive version with Golurk over Mesprit and Scarf Primeape over Passimian and maybe 1 or 2 other minor changes, I'm not as much of a fan because then Liepard feels even more unnecessary, but it's an option. Anyway, hope you enjoy this one.

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Xiao Po

Raticate-Alola @ Normalium Z
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Double-Edge
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Musharna @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain

Altaria @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic
- Flamethrower

Hey there, here is your A-Raticate team. I decided to change your set to SD Normalium Z since A-Raticate isbest suited as a breaker than a supprot mon and the team itself is designed to wear down A-Raticate's checks to clean late game. First thing that was added was Musharna to handle Fighting-types for A-Raticate and also helps in being a backup wincon too with Calm Mind. Colbur berry is here to better check Dark-types like Skuntank. My initial plan was to combine Raticate with spike stack, but it didn't go that well, so I decided instead to go for a more balanced approach. First thing was Metang which is the Stealth Rocker as well as our check to Jynx and non-EQ variants of Abomasnow and Pursuit is here to trap Jynx if something else on the team is put to sleep as Jynx can't 2HKO Metang with it's STAB unless it is also packing Focus Blast. Next thing that was added here was a VoltTurn core consisting of Scarf Primeape and AV Eelektross which aids in breaking down Raticate's checks while also providing it momentum. Lastly, the team was looking weak to Magmortar and Pyroar, so Altaria was added for a Fire check and a defogger as the team had no hazard removal and was looking weak to Toxic Spikes. Some thing to beware of when using this team for one is definetly A-Exeggutor as if Eelektross gets weakened, it can just run through the team under Trick Room which also explains why HP Ice is on Eelektross as it can easily 2HKO it and put it in range of A-Raticate's Sucker Punch afterwards if Trick Room is up. Enjoy the team!

Hey! i want a team based around this mon
Carracosta:

Carracosta @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
Pd:If you can, an balance/offensive stealth rock teamset

Last edited:

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I would like a hyper offense team built around this Absol set:

Absol @ Life Orb
Ability: Super Luck
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Psycho Cut
- Night Slash

Absol's ability, Super Luck, increases its critical hit rate by 1, which allows it to break through walls more easily with Night Slash and Psycho Cut. For example, after a SD and rocks, it scores guaranteed OHKOs on both Weezing and Ferrothorn, assuming a critical hit. Sucker Punch helps it deal with offense and remedies its subpar speed to an extent.
While this set does look like fun, Super Luck just isn't a good ability. With this set you're missing out on the utility that Knock Off provides while also struggling with Rock-types due to the loss of Superpower. While it does mean you have a slightly less favourable match-up versus Weezing, you're able to remove it's item which can cripple it for the rest of the match. We're happy to do it with the standard set however.

Hey! i want a team based around these 2 mons
Girafarig:

Girafarig@ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
And
Carracosta:

Carracosta @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
Read the OP, no unranked Pokémon. We're happy to do the request if you change Girafarig.

On the subject of viability, I've decided to change the rules about requesting a core. You may request one Pokémon that is C- or above and one that is B- or above. This is not up for debate, so if you don't follow this the core will be rejected!

Spreadsheet is also updated!

Read the OP, no unranked Pokémon. We're happy to do the request if you change Girafarig.

On the subject of viability, I've decided to change the rules about requesting a core. You may request one Pokémon that is C- or above and one that is B- or above. This is not up for debate, so if you don't follow this the core will be rejected!

already changed it.
Is it ok?

Last edited:
I'd like request a team built around the Normal spam core of Zangoose and the unexpected but still good, sap sipper Miltank.

Miltank @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 Atk /252 Spe /4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch/Ice Punch
- Milk Drink

Zangoose @ Sitrus Berry
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

---
I've had success with this Normal Spam core in previous generations and wanted to try it out with the new BD Zangoose set. I'd like the team to be a bulky offense or balanced with a solid defensive core.

Last edited:
Back again with an interesting, but hopefully not rejected request in Dragon Dance Altaria.

Puff the Dragon (Altaria) @ Groundium Z/Dragonium Z
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 SpDef
Moves: Dragon Dance
Roost
Outrage/Dragon Claw
Earthquake

Dragon Dance Altaria as a sweeper is obviously outclassed by a lot of things, but I figured it would still work. Can change the set as needed, but would still like it to be a set up mon. Placed with Hazard Stack or just plain balance would be nice. My usual account name in-game is Moo the Panda if anybody needs to message me. Thanks in advance!

Hi all!

I'm just returning from a long hiatus (try 4-5 years), and SUPER excited that PU is an official tier now. I've built a couple workable teams so far, but none have truly been "climbing" quality, so I figured I'd come to y'all for a good team to help get me to the higher ranks. I seem to have an aversion to using mainstream/meta mons, and end up w/more than one C or lower tier on the team (one works super well if you build around it, but two...eh).

Anyways, as far as I can tell, an offensive Torterra hasn't had a request yet! I always enjoyed using a fast Band set in Gen 5 because it caught people off-guard (both the speed and power), but I have no idea if that's still a good idea with the speed tiers in this gen, or if I should just use bulky. I'm also open to a Rock Polish Set (sampled both below). As far as style goes, I tend to be an offensive or balanced player (offense would lead itself to my greatest success). I'd prefer the team include a Rock Polish set over Band, but I undersand Band might be more workable.

My old CB set:

Torterra @ Choice Band
Ability: Overgrow
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail

Potential Rock Polish set:
Torterra @ Rockium Z
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish

I gave it enough speed to outspeed Specs Zebstrika after a Rock Polish, though going Adamant makes it vulnerable to Mr. Mime, Passimian (probably not a big deal b/c of physical bulk), +1 Lili, and Scarf Mesprit. Maybe I should consider running LO on it with Jolly max speed? I dunno, feel free to suggest something different. I'm a bit attached to the Rockium, since relying on a Stone Edge hit for a sweep NEVER feels good.

Anyways, I've talked too long already - thanks in advance for the team and any insights you want to share about the process about building around him!

dibs

double iron bashes
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi friends, this is my thread now!

I've updated the archive on the OP, and we're currently at 24 teams which is neat!

While this set does look like fun, Super Luck just isn't a good ability. With this set you're missing out on the utility that Knock Off provides while also struggling with Rock-types due to the loss of Superpower. While it does mean you have a slightly less favourable match-up versus Weezing, you're able to remove it's item which can cripple it for the rest of the match. We're happy to do it with the standard set however.

I am fine with the team being done with the standard set. Thanks in advance!

Leafeon @ Normalium Z
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

I would like to request a Sun team with this set. I am a big fan of the Weather Architype and it would be awesome if i could use Sun in PU

Komala @ Choice Band
Ability: Comatose
Adamant Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Last Resort

komala.png
This is kinda a surprise. Komala can attack with Sleep Talk while it's awake. Well, not THAT awake, because of Comatose. It makes him the only pkmn capable of bieng a Last-Banded. I wanted to use this idea and want to watch it in the Meta cause it'd make this amazing pkmn grow some ranks.

Komala @ Choice Band
Ability: Comatose
Adamant Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Last Resort

View attachment 93892
This is kinda a surprise. Komala can attack with Sleep Talk while it's awake. Well, not THAT awake, because of Comatose. It makes him the only pkmn capable of bieng a Last-Banded. I wanted to use this idea and want to watch it in the Meta cause it'd make this amazing pkmn grow some ranks.
While its damage output is really high with last resort, seeing that Komala is using last resort already makes the player think you have two moves, so he can just switch in his ghost/steel type. I think steel/ghost coverage on a choice band set is a lot better overall than this set.

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Graceclaw

Torterra @ Rockium Z
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Earthquake

Regirock @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Atk / 16 Def / 136 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Skuntank @ Black Glasses
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 108 SpD / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Pain Split
- Sludge Bomb

Jynx @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Trick

Hey there here is your Torterra team. Starting with your set, I kept the EVs the same just to maximize Torterra's damage output. Next I needed something to deal with mons that wall Torterra, mainly bulky Grass-types and physically defensive Pokemon like Weezing, so Magmortar was added for that reason as well as being a switchin to stuff like Lilligant's Sleep Powder. Next was Regirock which provides Stealth Rock and a Normal and Flying check while wearing down bulkier mons for Torterra with Toxic. Next was Skuntank as it provides a Psychic check, priority with Sucker Punch, defog support, and a Toxic Spikes absorber all in one. Afterwards, I wanted to have a Fighting-check as Primeape was becoming problematic. Initially I had Qwilfish for hazard stack with Torterra, but Intimidate would activate Defiant on Primeape and I also had no Ground Immunity as the only resist was Torterra, so I decided to go with Weezing mainly since it is a Fighting resist and is immune to Ground attacks. Rocky Helmet gets important chip damage off on Primeape looking to U-Turn out of Weezing switching in and Pain Split just to try to keep Weezing healthy. Lastly, the team was looking slow, so I decided to go with Scarf Jynx as it can help with +1 Lilligant and revenge kill it with Ice Beam. Jynx also acts as a soft Water check to things like Carracosta's Aqua Jet as the team had no Water resists and Trick helps with things like Type: Null. Enjoy the team!

I'd like a team centered around our jolly green(?) abominable snowman just in time for Christmas:

Abomasnow @ Life Orb / Grassium Z
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

The SD variant as you can see. Any playstyle goes. Item doesn't matter too much either.

LordST

Dormi Bene Duce
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
LST has been working double time for the holidays so buckle up kiddos

Priru

Carracosta @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Protect

Roselia @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpD
Calm Nature
- Synthesis
- Spikes
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain

Altaria @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Toxic
- Defog

Togedemaru @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Encore / Zing Zap
- Toxic
- U-turn

Musharna @ Fairium Z
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Defensive Carracosta + Roselia + Spdef Altaria is a great balance core that covers a fair amount of the meta. Costa is a solid rocker(heh), Normal resist, and Archeops resist. Scald and Knock help cripple switch ins while Protect helps you maintain longevity via Leftovers and helps scout against choice locked mons like Primeape. Roselia forms a neat hazard stacking core with Costa, checking a lot of things that can give Costa trouble like Lanturn, Lurantis, and Ferroseed(hence HP Fire) while Costa can blanket check a lot of Physical Attackers that threaten Rose like Skuntank and Archeops. Altaria rounds out the core by providing hazard removal, quite a solid Fire check, and a soft fighting resist. Flamethrower threatens Ferroseed and other steels while Toxic is your main source of wearing down mons. I chose Togedemaru as the next partner since an Ice and Psychic resist were desperately needed. The Offensive Pivot set gives the team a bit of offensive presence while still checking all the mons its supposed to like Mesprit, Abomasnow, Oricorio, etc. Iron Head hits the Ice and Fairy types it needs to check, Toxic wears down switch ins, and Uturn nabs momentum on forced switches. Encore can be used as the last slot to help break fat teams and specifically check Musharna + Type Null better, but Zing Zap is also an option that allows you to hit Swanna and Qwilfish which can give the team a bit of trouble depending on their set as well as check Sensu a bit better. For the next slot, I really wanted something that could break fatter teams but could also function as a catch all fighting type check since Altaria struggles a lot with most of PUs fights. Fairium Musharna fit the bill and rounded out the team's defensive synergy well. I chose Primeape as the revenge killer since Lilligant could prove to be problematic depending on its set and I wanted a reliable way of revenging Dark types. The team lacks a whole lot of offensive presence so it plays a bit like winning through attrition. Don't get impatient and slowly win by getting your hazards up and slowly wearing down the other team with Toxic until you can win with either a Musharna sweep or a Primeape sweep.

Buckeyekmh20

Jynx @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Lovely Kiss
- Nasty Plot
- Ice Beam

Zangoose @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes / Thunderbolt
- Memento
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower

Regirock @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 236 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Oricorio-Sensu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dancer
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Revelation Dance
- Defog

Skuntank @ Assault Vest
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 168 SpD / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab

This was an interesting build since Jynx and BD Zang are two of the most dangerous setup sweepers in the tier, but offer very little defensive synergy. Because of this I decided a Bulky-ish Offense build would be best. First off, for most of the time testing this i was using the Z Lovely Kiss set on Jynx, but I ultimately decided Sub Jynx would work better here since it can get past priority users like Kangaskhan and Skuntank that would otherwise prematurely end Normalium Jynx and BD Zang's sweeps. If you want to go with the standard Normalium set it still works fine and gives a more potent breaker overall, I did a lot of experimenting with it I encourage the same from you. For the first partner I decided i wanted a good way of dealing with fighting types that really threaten the offensive core a lot and I was also looking for a good Memento user so i decided on Fast Weezing. Memento is quite unexpected on Weezing and is a great method for getting in Jynx and Zangoose in for easy setup. Sludge Bomb is main stab while Flamethrower is there to threaten Steel types like Ferroseed, Dugtrio-A, and Metang. the last slot is also up for experiment. Toxic Spikes can help you win with your psuedo defensive core but don't do a whole lot to wear down Jynx and Zangoose's checks. It can also cripple yourself by not giving Jynx targets to sleep since they are already poisoned. Thunderbolt helps you surprise Qwilfish, Archeops, and the particularly threatening Swanna. 180 Speed lets you outspeed things that creep for neutral natured base 50s as well as the base 50s themselves such as Aggron. Spdef Regirock was added to form a decent defensive core with Weezing. Regirock takes on Fire types and other random special attackers that threaten Weezing like Oricorio. Chople Berry is used to live Magmortar's Z Focus Blast and kill back with EQ or Edge. Scarf Sensu was added as a secondary fighting and normal resist and to check Lilligant. I went with Defog in the last slot since I didn't really get a lot of value out of other options like Toxic in tests + getting rid of hazards can come in clutch in random situations. For my last slot I wanted a Psychic resist and some more counterplay for fast ghosts so I went with Assault Vest Skuntank. AV Skunk does a great job at trapping Sensu and Haunter so Zangoose can more easily sweep. It also helps pressure random bulky things that could potentially give the team trouble such as Clef and Lurantis. The spead is a 2xTheTap special that outspeeds neutral natured Abmasnow and allows you to take a Z Hurricane from +1 Sensu. This team will reward you if you play aggressively and get your setup mons in on favorable matchups. Make sure to use the non-standard sets to your advantage and play assuming your opponent expects standard sets. I had a lot of fun building this using some fun sets I hope you enjoy it!

Last edited:
LST has been working double time for the holidays so buckle up kiddos

Priru

Carracosta @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Protect

Roselia @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpD
Calm Nature
- Synthesis
- Spikes
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain

Altaria @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Toxic
- Defog

Togedemaru @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Encore / Zing Zap
- Toxic
- U-turn

Musharna @ Fairium Z
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Defensive Carracosta + Roselia + Spdef Altaria is a great balance core that covers a fair amount of the meta. Costa is a solid rocker(heh), Normal resist, and Archeops resist. Scald and Knock help cripple switch ins while Protect helps you maintain longevity via Leftovers and helps scout against choice locked mons like Primeape. Roselia forms a neat hazard stacking core with Costa, checking a lot of things that can give Costa trouble like Lanturn, Lurantis, and Ferroseed(hence HP Fire) while Costa can blanket check a lot of Physical Attackers that threaten Rose like Skuntank and Archeops. Altaria rounds out the core by providing hazard removal, quite a solid Fire check, and a soft fighting resist. Flamethrower threatens Ferroseed and other steels while Toxic is your main source of wearing down mons. I chose Togedemaru as the next partner since an Ice and Psychic resist were desperately needed. The Offensive Pivot set gives the team a bit of offensive presence while still checking all the mons its supposed to like Mesprit, Abomasnow, Oricorio, etc. Iron Head hits the Ice and Fairy types it needs to check, Toxic wears down switch ins, and Uturn nabs momentum on forced switches. Encore can be used as the last slot to help break fat teams and specifically check Musharna + Type Null better, but Zing Zap is also an option that allows you to hit Swanna and Qwilfish which can give the team a bit of trouble depending on their set as well as check Sensu a bit better. For the next slot, I really wanted something that could break fatter teams but could also function as a catch all fighting type check since Altaria struggles a lot with most of PUs fights. Fairium Musharna fit the bill and rounded out the team's defensive synergy well. I chose Primeape as the revenge killer since Lilligant could prove to be problematic depending on its set and I wanted a reliable way of revenging Dark types. The team lacks a whole lot of offensive presence so it plays a bit like winning through attrition. Don't get impatient and slowly win by getting your hazards up and slowly wearing down the other team with Toxic until you can win with either a Musharna sweep or a Primeape sweep.
thx dude this looks like gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)