Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

So I've been experimenting with a mixed, specially biased set on Sawsbuck. Sawsbuck's power, however, is pretty lackluster at first glance, sporting only 60 base special attack. It makes up for it due to solid (and haxy) stabs, along with a key coverage move: Shadow Ball. Basically the premise of the team is to use special Sawsbuck to lure in and KO SD Bouff and Arbok counters such as Drifblim, Misdreavus, Gourgeist (pretty much ghosts which would also otherwise wall the physical Sawsbuck set). Due to Serene Grace + Nature Power, Sawsbuck has a 40% chance to inflict either paralysis, burn or freeze (!) if used, and its other moves, Shadow Ball and Energy Ball get boosted percentages to lower special defense, which can help KO switch ins. The rest of the team is just to help with synergy and covering the meta, with Politoed covering waters, Golem covering electrics, birds and normals, and Scarf Mr. Mime giving Bouff and Arbok a second chance if need be. Overall not a sample team worthy team, but a really fun and effective one to use on ladder imo

Last edited:

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
A couple of Squad Dumps here with some creative sets and ideas.

Choice Specs Seaking + Monferno Balance

Seaking @ Choice Specs
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Scald

Monferno @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes
- Synthesis

Grumpig @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Mawile @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Baton Pass

Leafeon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Chlorophyll
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- X-Scissor
- Double-Edge

I wanted to try Choice Specs Seaking to see if it could still act as a decent Electric-Type check while luring in some common answers such as Vullaby and Pelipper. Honestly, I feel it does this decently well as I still find it comes in and threatens Electric-Types just as well as the physical sets, but it now also has to worry about proper prediction and getting worn down much faster so it's kind of a double-edged sword, which is why I never really brought this up anywhere, yes it still checks Electric-Types and yes it lures in a handful of different Pokemon, but at the end of the day it just feels very underwhelming outside of that, if there's nothing you wanted to lure in you are just left wishing you used regular Seaking. So building around a lure I wanted to pair Seaking with something that appreciates what it lures in, Monferno felt like a good choice as Pelipper, Vullaby and to an extent, Vibrava and Altaria come in on Seaking not fearing much more than a Knock Off. I decided on defensive Roselia next to add a water resist and a defensive answer to Cacturne as Life Orb Monferno really does not like switching in on it also I knew this team would be hard pressed for powerful wall breakers so I thought Spikes would complement the team well. SubCM Grumpig works as both a sencond win con and an offensive answer to Muk it also goes well with Seaking as it lures in Vullaby and I chose to run Shadow Ball as the coverage moves in the hopes of beating other Grumpig for Monferno. Mawile is was chosen next as it helps patch up some weaknesses to both Muk and Normal-Types it also gives me Stealth Rock, you could run physically defensive but i personally prefer specially defensive to take on things like Regice and Mr. Mime on much better while still checking Normal-Types like Dodrio quite well. Finnaly I end off on Choice Scarf Leafeon as the team was despreate for some speed control. This also helps to check Golem and Shell Smash Huntail which is why it was chosen as my Choice Scarf user.

Tropius Sun Offense

Nicknames are top kek here

Rock Snake (Onix) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Sunny Day
- Stealth Rock

Smelly Flower (Weepinbell) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Solar Beam
- Weather Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

Winter Dear (Sawsbuck-Winter) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Double-Edge
- Horn Leech
- Jump Kick
- Swords Dance

Fire Horsey (Rapidash) @ Charcoal
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Solar Beam
- Drill Run

Lightning Bug (Volbeat) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Sunny Day
- Thunder Wave
- Encore

RAWR DINOSAUR (Tropius) @ Life Orb
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Frustration

I was just sitting in the chat one day when Sun Teams started to be discussed, and this made me want to try one as it has been quite a while since I last have used one. Sun has not been treated very kindly in the metagame shifts of ORAS PU, with the banning of its most potent threat, Victreebell, drops such as Muk and so forth. I just wanted to try and build a decent team so most of this is standard sun so I won't go into as much detail here. I chose Onix as my lead setter as I really enjoy the initial speed it brings. It can be a bit difficult to set both Stealth Rock and Sunny Day but the decently fast Taunt is really what sells Onix for me. Weepinbell is an effective sun abuser with great coverage and nice utility in Sleep Powder, which can help it beat checks such as Audino. Sawsbuck was chosen over Leafeon here mostly for it's dual STAB alowwing it to hit Vullaby and Muk much harder, at some point I do plan on trying Leafeon here as not being weak to Monfernos Mach Punch and greater bulk and power is still quite appealing. Rapidash is both a good check to Fire-Types and decent sun abuser here. The only real non standard thing here is Solar Beam over Morning Sun to hit Golem and things like Prinplup but Morning Sun can work as well so feel free to change that. Volbeat is obviously the second setter, not really much detail needed there. Here is where it gets interesting with Tropius, the reson why I chose Tropius is simply it's access to Earthquake which alows it to lure in Muk. Muk falls to a Leaf Blade plus Earthquake and while it is the slowest and weakest member of the team(outside Volbeat and Onix) It surprising seems to win the most games for me. It is realtivly powerful at +2 it resist two of the most common priority in PU(Aqua Jet and Mach Punch) and has the bulk to set up quite easily on top of all this it is paired with effective wallbreakers in Sawsbuck, Rapidash(with the sun boost), and even Weepinbell with its Sleep Powder support, this is just a Pokemon that honestly surprised me which is why I wanted to share this team.

Replay versus RawMelon

Contrary Servine Balance

*Note: I originally posted this in the Sample Team thread, but Machoker informed me that this thread existed as well. If a mod wants to delete the original post that's fine with me.

So I was looking through the PU sample team thread and saw that there was no team based on Servine. Which is a shame, because while Servine does lack a diverse movepool, with enough support, it can sweep the majority of teams. Even though the ORAS meta is now entering it's own lame duck period, why not contribute (hopefully) just for the sake of it.

What's great is that the team does not fully rely on Servine to win. To balance things up I put in Raichu and Ursaring as plan B options. +2 Raichu puts in a lot of work and covers weaknesses to dark types with Focus Blast, which is why I decided to use it over Zebstrika. It's also a great, fast pivot. Ursaring is an awesome janitor that comes in at the endgame and eliminate foes that at low/medium health, or gets rid of a threat early on in the game.

A combination of Lumineon, Golem, and Misdreavus covers Servine's weaknesses to Ice, Fire, Poison and Flying. Golem is of course well known to counter fire and flying types, and I added some extra attack EV's just for a bit of extra power. Lumineon is great, as it gets rids of hazards, gets offs slow u-turns, and can wall offensive threats and fire off scalds or toxics. Because it is a designated defensive wall, I gave it an Impish nature and added a respectable amount of Defensive EVs, while making sure it doesn't fall behind when it comes to Spdef coverage. Misdreavus, with max Spdef plus its eviolite, can wall special attackers and make sure it doesn't set up, by going for taunt or crippling a mon with Thunder Wave. Heal Bell can be used instead of Taunt, but I put taunt because my main sweeper does not care about getting burned.

And now on to the main star: Servine. Sub is crucial as a well played one ensures that Servine is immune to status and gets an increase in longevity. Synthesis is important as Servine does not have the best bulk, even with an eviolite. I prefer HP Fire over HP Ice because it hits bug type pokemon (Shedninja, I'm talkin' about you)as well as the random Yache Berry Leafeon. Obviously, Leaf Storm takes advantage of Contrary and evolves from a storm to a leaf draco.

Servine @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 76 HP / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Substitute
- Synthesis
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpD / 200 Spe
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt

Golem @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 156 HP / 100 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Sucker Punch

Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Protect

Raichu @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast

Lumineon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 162 Def / 94 SpD
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Scald
- Toxic
- Defog

COMBUSKEN NEEDS LURES

Combusken (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Sky Uppercut
- Rock Slide

Arbok @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb

Leafeon @ Ganlon Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Natural Gift

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Politoed @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric] / Hidden Power [Grass]
- Encore

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I made this team pretty quickly after the drops happened, and this is the result. The idea was to get an SD Combusken sweep facilitated by Speed Boost and a decent coverage move in Rock Slide which nails the birds such as Altaria, Swanna, Pelipper, etc. Rock Slide generally outperformed Thunder Punch during testing. Since this Combusken doesn't have Protect, it's a good idea to use it as a revenge killer on a slower mon, and gain the speed boost on that turn. Combusken is walled by things like Quagsire and Stunfisk, so I wanted something that was also "walled' by the two and Arbok seemed to fit perfectly here. Life Orb AoA is something no one expects, since everyone expects Coil + 3 Atks. You'll notice Seed Bomb is the last move there, and it deals with Quagsire very efficiently. After Quag switches in and takes an EQ, it gets OHKOed by Seed Bomb. (It also OHKOs Golem) With some chip on Stunfisk, Life Orb EQ 2hkos Stunfisk after rocks as well. We needed more lures so Natural Gift Ice Leafeon was chosen here, being able to hit Gabite and Altaria (and Vibrava i guess) super effectively. Team was looking weak to Psychic types and Normal Spam so Metang fit here, with Pursuit here to trap those psychics. Politoed was added for Floatzel check + Duosion check. Needed some speed, so Zeb was an easy fit in the last slot, very self explanatory.

dibs

double iron bashes
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

dibs hazards ft. taunt spam
queen of pu (Roselia) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Poison Point
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes

dont remove hazards (Misdreavus) @ Eviolite
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt

speedy mcbally (Electrode) @ Life Orb
Ability: Soundproof
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Taunt

dont delete layers (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

wow very fasts (Dodrio) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Frustration
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack

best pu monkey (Monferno) @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

this team is outdated with the new drops because quagsire and combusken can poop on the team for free, but i wanted to post the team somewhere because it's felt like my first successful team that's been fun to use and a reliable go to. the team is built around suicide lead roselia, i tested smeargle once it dropped but the offensive option makes it less linear for the opponent to play around. to maintain the hazards i decided to run dual taunters in misdreavus and electrode since the tier is so heavy in viable defoggers. these 2 mons also help immensely against scarf chatot which is generally known to have a strong matchup against hyper offense. to further protect my hazards i added pawniard, which changed from swords dance to stealth rocks just to allow for role compression. i chose dodrio as my scarfer because the team can easily exploit and overload its main checks. it's also the fastest viable scarfer, which helps a huge amount in hyper offense mirror matches. finally to stop myself from losing to cacturne and because it's never bad to run, i added swords dance monferno to give the team more power.

with a few tweaks i guess the team could function again, but i wouldn't really suggest using this now.
i waited too long to propose it as a sample team.

also sorry HJAD for the bad pastebin in your tour game.

Last edited:

LordST

Dormi Bene Duce
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Whiscash Balance

Whiscash @ Life Orb
Ability: Oblivious
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Toxic

Vullaby (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Mawile @ Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 Spe
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Sucker Punch

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Knock Off
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Monferno @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch

Leafeon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge
- Bullet Seed

I made this team for ManOfMany's tour in which Whiscash got a small buff to its stats. However due to SuMo's arrival and excessive johning from pancake, I was never able to use the team outside of tests. I wanted to showcase the team and I've found that it actually works pretty well even without Whiscash's stat boosts. The idea of the team is bait in one of Whiscash's many counters to the standard DD set such as Defensive grass types, Vullaby, or Quagsire and cripple them with Toxic. After that just get rocks up and pivot around with my defensive core until they are worn down to the point where either Monferno, Leafeon, or Whiscash can sweep. Vullaby and Spdef Clefairy make up the defensive backbone of the team. Vullaby can handle grass types that switch in to Whiscash as well as check Monferno for the team. Clefairy checks Gourgeist and Defensive Water types such as Pelipper and Prinplup for Whiscash as well as provide rocks for the team. I'm using Seismic Toss over Moonblast as the team would lose to Ninetales without it. Knock Off can get rid of Eviolites in particular to facilitate sweeps for my offensive mons. Defensive SD Pass Mawile was added as the team was pretty weak to Stoutland and passing +2 to Whiscash sounded like too much fun to pass up. Monferno gives me some wallbreaking capability as well as a Pawniard/Cacturne check. Monferno and Whiscash work particularly well together when facing mons that wall both such as Pelipper and Quagsire as they can weaken each others checks with a well timed toxic or SD. Leafeon was added as my last to give me speed control as well as check Golem which was a big issue for the team.

Last edited:

SergioRules

||blimp||
is a Community Contributor
Meditite+Webs Offense

I made this team a couple months ago but BluBirD252 made this post in the Teambuilding thread so I wanted to put it out there (note: some of the description is going off of his post so the comment on Smeargle may not make too much sense out of context)
I actually made this team before the Quagsire suspect as I was tired of losing to stall and banded Meditite does so much against it. I haven't tested this team as much since the ban, but the main principle still stands. Meditite with web support is extremely scary. I prefer Jolly over Adamant because with Adamant, you only outspeed base 100s after webs but with Jolly, you outspeed everything under base 115s, and banded Meditite is so strong anyway, you don't miss out on too many KOs (if any at all) by running Jolly. I also prefer Leavanny as the web setter as it has much more offensive presence than Smeargle with a decent Knock Off and powerful STAB in Leaf Storm. Monferno is your answer to Pawniard and also is a nice win-con under webs. Misdreavus acts as a spinblocker and is a good lead match up versus Golem to get a quick Taunt off and burn it with willo. Offensive Grumpig is another mon that can abuse Sticky Web support and also is a good answer to scarf mime which the team would otherwise struggle with. Energy Ball was chosen over Focus Blast to better deal with Floatzel and other water types. Avalugg is the team's own spinner and also can handle most physical attackers in the tier that the team can struggle to handle before webs are set. Most other relevant mons are outsped by Meditite after the web drop if it doesn't have a scarf.

The main idea of this team is to check certain fast offensive mons while wearing them down with Stealth Rock and burn damage. Once the bigger faster threats have been weakened and/or KO'd, Leavanny sets up webs and Meditite+Grumpig clean up. Alternatively, you can set up webs immediately and try to play around spins and defogs, but I find the former strategy has much greater success.

Meditite @ Choice Band
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch / Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Blaze
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Foul Play
- Pain Split

Grumpig @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Energy Ball
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

Leavanny @ Focus Sash
Naive Nature
- Sticky Web
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Electroweb

Avalugg @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Avalanche
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Earthquake

EDIT: Original team had a glaring Pawniard weakness that RivalET pointed out to me. Should be fixed with the addition of Monferno and Avalugg>Cryogonal.

Last edited:
Meditite+Webs Offense

I made this team a couple months ago but BluBirD252 made this post in the Teambuilding thread so I wanted to put it out there (note: some of the description is going off of his post so the comment on Smeargle may not make too much sense out of context)
I actually made this team before the Quagsire suspect as I was tired of losing to stall and banded Meditite does so much against it. I haven't tested this team as much since the ban, but the main principle still stands. Meditite with web support is extremely scary. I prefer Jolly over Adamant because with Adamant, you only outspeed base 100s after webs but with Jolly, you outspeed everything under base 115s, and banded Meditite is so strong anyway, you don't miss out on too many KOs (if any at all) by running Jolly. I also prefer Leavanny as the web setter as it has much more offensive presence than Smeargle with a decent Knock Off and powerful STAB in Leaf Storm. Monferno is your answer to Pawniard and also is a nice win-con under webs. Misdreavus acts as a spinblocker and is a good lead match up versus Golem to get a quick Taunt off and burn it with willo. Offensive Grumpig is another mon that can abuse Sticky Web support and also is a good answer to scarf mime which the team would otherwise struggle with. Energy Ball was chosen over Focus Blast to better deal with Floatzel and other water types. Avalugg is the team's own spinner and also can handle most physical attackers in the tier that the team can struggle to handle before webs are set. Most other relevant mons are outsped by Meditite after the web drop if it doesn't have a scarf.

The main idea of this team is to check certain fast offensive mons while wearing them down with Stealth Rock and burn damage. Once the bigger faster threats have been weakened and/or KO'd, Leavanny sets up webs and Meditite+Grumpig clean up. Alternatively, you can set up webs immediately and try to play around spins and defogs, but I find the former strategy has much greater success.

Meditite @ Choice Band
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch / Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Blaze
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Foul Play
- Pain Split

Grumpig @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Energy Ball
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

Leavanny @ Focus Sash
Naive Nature
- Sticky Web
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Electroweb

Avalugg @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Avalanche
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Earthquake

EDIT: Original team had a glaring Pawniard weakness that RivalET pointed out to me. Should be fixed with the addition of Monferno and Avalugg>Cryogonal.
If only monferno wasn't pressured so much defensively for servine + pawniard. :/
extremely sweet team btw.
Too bad oras pu is kind of a deadish tier.
Appreciate it. :D

Big post incoming.

ORAS has been fun and it's the meta where I developed the most haxing abilities skill, creativity and expertise. I thought I'd share with you some of my better teams which has performed rather well in private testing, but simply never have been showed off because I don't have the time to join / participate in tournaments. These are very Slowbroth-esque teams; as I've built more and more teams, it always seems like I follow some sort of pattern that results in a familiar build and/or playstyle. From balance to offense to type spam to speedcritpass, I hope you enjoy these masterpieces.

KlangTales Balanced Offense

Importable

I first began this team with the idea of Magnet Rise Klang way back around Muk Probo meta, simply because it took advantage of Probopass as well as the ubiquity of ground types such as Golem. I knew that mons such as Monferno, Prinplup, Gourgeist, bulky resists or walls could take on Klang rather well, so I knew I needed to add a strong and fast offensive core that could weaken these checks. A simple Fire Water Grass core was formed unintentionally with Floatzel, Leafeon and Ninetales, being some of the best mons in PU of their respective typing. Floatzel wears down bulky waters, Leafeon weakens bulky grasses, Ninetales can sweep or break with the aid of Nasty Plot, Passho Berry and Psyshock which can help vs the likes of Monferno and some other SpDef walls. Passho Berry can help vs fast waters like Floatzel which can be somewhat of a pain to deal with. (Also, I did have Choice Band Leafeon originally, but the team couldnt solely rely on Floatzel on speed control imo. Adjust the item at your leisure.) Lastly I wanted to patch up a Rotom-F weakness, lack of rocks, lack of physical wall which made me vulnerable to things like Bouffalant, Stoutland, Ursaring and Monferno, so Vullaby and SpDef Clefairy were added lastly to glue the team together.

Mightyena Balance

Importable

This team is centered around a few things. SD Pass Mawile to Mightyena (or Scarf Leafeon) to sweep vs more offensive teams, or defensive Calm Mind Beheeyem to break more balanced teams. In all honesty, even though Mightyena is performing at an all time low in terms of meta effectiveness, it actually can catch a lot of builds lately off guard due to a lack of Gourgeist, Tangela, Stunfisk, etc. Alongside Mightyena is Beheeyem, which a lot of players might deduce it could be Nasty Plot, or Specs, or Calm Mind; point being it's quite hard to figure out what set it is from team preview. Phys Def Colbur Beheeyem actually checks/lures a lot of offensive mons that try to revenge kill it such as Leafeon, Cacturne, Pawniard. Beheeym is pretty important to the team, as it weakens steel checks to Mightyena, such as Mawile and Klang. SpDef Clefairy is added for a catch all to special attackers and as a reliable rocker against common defoggers. Leafeon checks Grounds and is the revenge killer of the team. Rotom-Fan checks Pawniard, Monferno and Cacturne if Beheeyem can't do its job. Phys Def Mawile with SD and Sucker Punch can act as a sweeper of its own, or pass to an physical teammate for sweeping.

CB Gabite Offense (plus a bronzor)

Importable

I wanted to go with something outside the box with this one; use some mons together in uncommon ways that still help each other out. I went with an offensive core of Choice Band Gabite + Life Orb Basculin which can break or dent a lot of balanced cores. Basculin can weaken bulky grasses for Gabite, and Gabite can weaken bulky waters like Pelipper and Lumineon for Basculin. The core also has priority which can be a big help vs offense. At this point I went sort of meme-y and decided to go with Scarfed Stoutland due to the surprise factor and because of the fact that it cleans vs offense rather nicely once normal resists and bulky walls are gone. I didn't go with Jolly mainly because of the fact that Adamant still outspeeds Zebstrika which is the main thing I was worried about facing. SD Monferno was added as a set up sweeper which can check Leafeon and Pawniard which can get out of hand if they start setting up. It's also an effective late game cleaner its own right. Bronzor was added because .. I felt like it? I'm probably guilty of adding Bronzor to many teams that it really shouldnt be on, but regardless it was nice as a check to Mr. Mime, Dodrio, Golem. Physically Defensive RestTalk Politoed is also sort of meme-y, but it was nice as a Floatzel and Monferno answer that didn't get worn down so quickly unlike Lumineon. Definitely a fun team, really screams Slowbroth imo.

Electric Spam

Importable

Here's another one of my out of the box teams, featuring Luxray (who uses this thing outside of low ladder lol) and Raichu (where has this thing gone). Basically the idea of this team is to keep spamming electric attacks until the opponent's electric check can't handle the offensive pressure. Most electric checks on teams are things like Chinchou, Golem, Zebstrika or Stunfisk which can be broken through by Life Orb Luxray, Nasty Plot Raichu and cleaned by Rotom-Frost. Jolly Luxray is preferred due to outspeeding Stoutland, and Life Orb is because being locked into an electric attack sucks. Guts also helps vs things like Gourgeist-Super. Leafeon was added as a ground check and sweeper. Youll see SD+Baton Pass because passing a +2 boost into Luxray is no joke and plus I didnt feel like running Synth or Double Edge anyway. Grumpig was added in tandem to check fires and ices that threaten Leafeon such as Monferno and opposing Rotom. Taunt prevents many walls from recovering such as Clefairy and other sweepers from setting up. Gabite is the pseudo-electric immunity, Pawniard check and rocker which seemed to fit this offensive team well.

Psychic Spam HO

Importable

Another really creative team imo; this is pretty much just Smeargle laying down Sticky Web and Stealth Rock early game, putting something to sleep and then either dying or saved later for Lunar Dance (a better Healing Wish) if need be. Floatzel is really important to this team as many defoggers will want to defog and if you can double switch into Floatzel on their switch to a defogger, you can prevent them from doing so with the use of Taunt. Floatzel also beats pretty much every spinner (Armaldo, Cryogonal, Torkoal so those dont really matter). Once you've prevented the defog or spin, the psychics can start breaking. Specs Beheeyem nukes slow balance builds provided you predict somewhat decently, and NP Mime further aids the team vs bulkier teams that the team otherwise wouldnt be able to break through. It is also the team's Chatot answer. Modest Scarf Kadabra rounds out the team for surprise purposes (since many may assume Mr. Mime to be the designated scarfer) and as the strongest psychic scarfer in the tier. Modest was chosen for the power; Modest Kadabra speed ties with Chatot, but Chatot isn't a problem anyway since I have Mr. Mime. DD Altaria does really well vs a weakened offense team with hazards up, and appreciates bulky stuff getting weakened by the psychic trio for a late game sweep. It also checks Leafeon, Monferno and Ninjask which can give the team problems otherwise.

(make sure you watch out for sucker punch users. keep altaria healthy for things like cacturne and pawniard.)

Water Spam

Importable

My final type spam team, I wanted to feature 2 underused water types in PU being Kingler and Simipour. Both are scary wallbreakers that threaten teams that rely on Lumineon or another iffy water check, as once one check is weakened, the waters can just run through a team, usually. Agility Kingler gives the team to sweep offensive teams late game with the speed boost, or can simply click 130 attack Life Orb boosted attacks in the mid game. Simipour also breaks down teams in tandem with Kingler. Water Spam needs electric and grass answers, so the first answer is one you're probably familiar with if you've read this far being SpDef Clefairy, as it checks pretty much every electric type. It's paired with Band Golem which serves as an electric immunity, normal resist and wallbreaker. The grass answer of the team is AV Bouff which prevents grasses like Leafeon or Jumpluff from autowinning. Scarf Mr. Mime was the last mon due to the fact that the water members often overextend themselves during the battle and can be injured considerably. Healing Wish can bring them back healthy to continue powering through the opponent's team. It's also a great late game cleaner if Kingler can't finish the job. The team's Monferno answer is checking it offensively, or switching into a predicted Close Combat with Mr. Mime. Make sure you play around Monferno properly and don't let it set up if you can.

CritFezant Speedpass Offense

Importable

Immediately on this team you see an Unfezant, so you know things are about to get serious. The team's inspiration came from False.'s core of Focus Energy Combusken passed into Octillery since Sniper boosed critical hit attacks pretty much kill everything. I wanted to also include some Slowbroth innovation, so I figured mixed Unfezant with crit moves seem fun as well. The spread actually is from Solar Flare , where he used it in ZU iirc. Here, the speed EVs allow Unfezant to outspeed Monferno without any speedboosts, max attack adamant for ridiculous power, and the rest in special attack to help out Air Cutter and Hidden Power Ground (which hits bulky grasses and steels/rocks, respectively. Night Slash also hits ghosts). Leafeon was needed as a necessary anti Golem lead as it otherwise just EQed everything to oblivion from turn 1. SD + Speed passed into Leafeon makes it a worthy speedpass (or critpass) recipient as well. Zebstrika was added for speed control, as I didn't want the team to auto lose to Floatzel. SpDef Clefairy with Healing Wish makes an appearance as I wanted rocks and a hwish user in the last slot to heal up Combusken when it got too low, and Mr. Mime didn't have rocks, so yeah. This team is meme-y as hell, but ridiculously fun at the same time.

-----

AV Furfrou Balance

Importable

So I decided to make standard balance with a Furfrou slapped on for shits and giggles. As you can see, this team shares 3 of the same mons as the Mightyena team, in Clefairy, Rotom and Leafeon, but who cares. The Furfrou set is even more shits and giggles because it's AV Furfrou, which sounds bad, but actually is a nice fast offensive tank (a weaker but faster Bouffalant, if you will). I added SpDef Clefairy because I love this thing, Rotom-Fan to check Pawniard and Monferno, and when in doubt, just add Leafeon+Grumpig+Golem to a team, so that's what I did. Leafeon checks grounds and sweeps, Grumpig revenge kills and Tricks bulky walls, Golem wallbreaks. Doesn't get any more basic balance than that. The Furfrou set is funny because it has Rock Smash for things like Pawniard and Probopass. The 50% chance to lower Defense is funny too because it can beat certain defensive mons 1v1 like Vibrava and Clefairy that it otherwise wouldn't be able to beat.

Arbok Balance

Importable

Built this team with one of the more rowdy room regulars (won't say who), and I like it, but there's not much creativity here so it doesnt deserve to be out of the hide box. Arbok hates ghosts and grounds, so Stoutland helps Arbok break through it by checking Golem, Misdreavus, Drifblim, etc. Defensive Altaria covers Monferno and Leafeon and is good in conjunction with Bronzor. Calm Mind Clefairy was nice as an alternate wincon (and is not spdef omg). Floatzel helps revenge kill things and is solid overall.

Encore Chatot Balance

or

Importable

Wanted to use Encore Chatot because it seemed annoying to certain styles of teams that relied on status moves or set up moves. It was originally Encore + NP, but Silk Scarf Boomburst into things that are forced in hurts pretty much any mon not named Audino or Clefairy. Mr. Mime with HW and Baton Pass was nice for momentum, as it can pivot its way into Probopass to trap certain Steels that may want to switch in. Probo was of course paired with Muk and you know what that does. Lumineon checks grounds, waters and Monferno and was more or less a lazy addition. A grass in the last slot was mandatory, so I tried both Simisage and Leafeon, and while Simisage had Nasty Plot to sweep occasionally, more often than not, Leafeon's immediate bulk and power was much more needed.

Hope you enjoyed this longwinded post of some of my more interesting ORAS teams! Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

TJ

Banned deucer.
is the Smogon Tour Season 34 Championis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Munch Krok Balance

munchlax.gif krokorok.gif pelipper.gif golem.png leafeon.gif grumpig.gif

Munchlax @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Body Slam

Krokorok @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Scald
- U-turn

Golem @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 224 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Leafeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Leaf Guard
Jolly Nature
- Heal Bell
- Synthesis
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off

Grumpig @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

This team was built by Slowbroth and I. First, we added Munchlax because we thought it would be cool for squad dump. Next, we added CB Krok to help pursuit trap Ghost-types for Munchlax. The core felt weak to fighting-types so we added Pelipper as our fighting resist, defogger and physically defensive water. Then we wanted a Grass check, so we added Leafeon because it gave us offensive presence as well as healbell support incase Krok got burned or if Munch needed to wake up. Scarf Grumpig was added because we wanted some speed, and we wanted to catch Pokemon like Stoutland and Monferno off guard. Lastly, we added tank Golem because of its great role compression and to better deal with Zebstrika.

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
GEN 7 Speculation: Silvally-Fighting & Fantom GOD SQUAD

Silvally-Fighting @ Fighting Memory
Ability: RKS System
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Crunch
- Swords Dance
- Parting Shot

Rotom-Fan @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash
- Pain Split

Stunfisk (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Grumpig @ Leftovers
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Audino @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Encore

Tsareena @ Leftovers
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- High Jump Kick
- Synthesis
- Trop Kick

I built this masterpiece around Silvally-Fighting and Rotom-Fan as they both form a delightful Switch-Shot core (I am making it up). Not only do they form a good core but they also have fairly decent type Synergy as well, making them terrific partners. Stunfisk is the next pokemon of choice as it works as a Defensive wall that can tank an assortment of Physical attacks. Stunfisk also comes with the ability Static and access to the move Stealth Rock which is one of its main selling points to this team. Grumpig was added next to cover for the 2 Ice weaknesses I had already accumulated on my team. Calm Mind coupled with Substitute makes Grumpig an exceptional mid game sweeper that can set up on fodder. This team needs a Wish passer to remain healthy and Audino fits this role perfectly acting as a pivot for Special Attacking moves. I left hazard control for last because I didn't want it to clutter up my team building. I decided on Tsareena as the perfect option for the job because let's be honest she can force some switches. The one downside is another Ice weakness which isn't that big of a problem with Grumpig and Audino. When choosing a lead I almost always just default to Silvally as it makes a terrific scout with Parting Shot. All together this team fares quite well out in the field as I have been able to pick up a few finals wins in tournaments. I hope you find this team to be a lot of fun Enjoy!!!

I am also Totally open to suggestions!

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sushi

This team was built for a couple of reasons, first off it uses mons that I wanted to try out or just plain like, but more importantly it was built to test out Choice Band Kingler, as it was a set I was looking into just to see how effective it can be as an immediate wallbreaker. Having some success in roomtours with this team and also the fact that it's stupid fun to play with made me(as well as others) feel it should be squad dumped. The core of choice here is Kingler + Huntail as Kingler brings in a lot of Huntails checks such as Lumineon, Politoed and Prinplup, Prinplup being the only Pokemon out of the 3 that does not risk the 2HKO(after rocks)

252+ Atk Choice Band Kingler Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Politoed: 219-258 (57.1 - 67.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Kingler Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 248+ Def Lumineon: 151-178 (44.1 - 52%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Kingler Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Prinplup: 107-127 (32.2 - 38.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock(this means Prinplup can only switch in a single time before it is in range of Kinglers other moves as well as weakening it for the Shell Smashing wincon of your choice, which in most cases will be Huntail)

Kingler has problems with bulky Grass-Types, your Tangelas and Gourgeists for example, but with physical bias mixed Huntail you often times don't need to worry too much about them as Huntail does not need a large amount of damage on them to put them into OHKO range of Ice Beam in fact without any Special Defense investment Tangela always gets the OHKO and Gourgeist is looking at almost a 70% chance(after rocks) so this just means they only need to switch in on any of Kinglers moves to put them in range. Seaking is here to help check the Electric-Types that are coming in to revenge kill your Kingler, it was chosen over other electric checks as it also is a switch-in to the likes of Rotom-F which otherwise plague the core, Chinchou could be used here as well as it also checks Rotom-F while also giving you slow momentum for Kingler, however leaves it more suspectable to Trick whereas Seaking doesn't mind as much and you really want to be limiting the amount of predictions you need to make versus Rotom-F. Zebstika is sorta like the glue Pokemon here helping cover some obvious weaknesses to Grass-Types like Jumpluff(which otherwise just kind of wins as the team is rather slow for being offensive) it also gives a revenge killer for things like Floatzel which is nice as this team is overwhelmed by Water-Types rather quickly. Here's where the team gets fun, I wanted a normal resist but also wanted another wincon, I happened to land on Crustle and it just stuck as the other possible Pokemon I considered(or tested) just did not fit super well with the rest of the team.(klang is kinda nice but I'm just not a big Fan of klang, you should consider it though as it gives you Psychic resist which the team lacks, but at the same times makes you even weaker to Monferno) And Custap golem is my last Pokemon as i knew in some match-ups I would want a suicide lead but at the same time Golem can be useful through out the game sometimes as it is another check to electric and normal types and I feel the Weakness Policy set is only used to the most effect in the early game whereas you can chose to save your Custap as long as you need to, being able to get around faster threats if the need arrives.

Kingler @ Choice Band
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Huntail @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Veil
Naughty Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Waterfall
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Beam
- Shell Smash

Seaking @ Leftovers
EVs: 112 HP / 200 Atk / 124 SpD / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Facade

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Crustle @ White Herb
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Shell Smash

Golem @ Custap Berry
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
is a Contributor to Smogon
Singin' In The Rain Hyper Offense
relicanth sprite.png golduck sprite.jpg gorebyss sprite.png volbeat sprite.png armaldo sprite.png beartic.png

Relic Song (Relicanth) @ Damp Rock
Jolly Nature
- Rain Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Waterfall/Toxic
- Head Smash

Got Any Grapes? (Golduck) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Synchronoise

Songs of the Abyss (Gorebyss) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass] / Hidden Power [Electric]

Beats by Dre (Volbeat) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
Relaxed Nature
- Rain Dance
- Thunder Wave
- Encore
- U-turn

Hey, Armadillo (Armaldo) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake/Swords Dance/Rapid Spin
- Aqua Jet
- X-Scissor/Knock Off
- Stone Edge

I am a Gummy Bear (Beartic) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Icicle Crash
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Knowing that I wanted to build a Rain Team, I needed a Pokemon that can both reliably setup Rain Dance and Stealth Rock in the lead position. Relicanth fit the bill as it has Sturdy to guarantee 1 or the other. Head Smash is used for the most damage output and can kill yourself in recoil if after being brought down to Sturdy if your opponent tries to stall out turns of Rain. As for the 4th move, Waterfall is STAB and hits harder than any other move Relicanth gets access to under Rain, whereas Toxic nails walls such as Audino, Regice, and Gourgeist that this team could have trouble beating otherwise.

Golduck was chosen for the first sweeper for the team. Hydro Pump is STAB, Ice Beam hits Grass-types, and Focus Blast hits certain Steel and Dark-Types harder than Hydro Pump. Synchronoise hits all Water-Types for base 120 damage which the same as a SE Hidden Power.

Gorebyss is like Golduck except its a little slower, and a little stronger. Surf and Ice Beam are STAB and coverage respectfully, Hidden Power Grass hits as many opposing Water-Types for Super Effective Damage as possible, although Hidden Power Electric can be ran to nail Pelipper. Shell Smash is to break through passive walls.

Volbeat is the secondary Rain-summoner. With Prankster, it can outpace Floatzel's Taunt, which otherwise could ruin Relicanth from setting up Rain Dance at all. Thunder Wave paralyzes opposing Swift Swim Pokemon while U-Turn makes a Slow Pivot to a teammate. Encore locks the opponent into Status moves or resisted moves.

This team was in dire need of Physical Swift Swim abusers that weren't Water-Type. Armaldo and Beartic were chosen due to their high Physical Attack stats, Priority Aqua Jet, access to Swords Dance, and powerful STABs.

Synchronoise--> Hidden Power Grass (Damn Quagsire)
Life Orb on Gorebyss --> Life Orb/White Herb
Life Orb on Armaldo--> Life Orb/Rockinium-Z
Life Orb on Beartic--> Life Orb/Fightinium-Z

While ORAS PU has not been kind to Weather-teams, their absence on the ladder can make them viable due to their unpredictability. Teams once prepared to take on Offense, Defense, and Stall now has to carefully choose which Pokemon to fodder off as they carefully count the number of turns Rain is up, unprepared for Weather-based teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: gz
Spikes Cacturne HO

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
Rash Nature
- Spikes
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sucker Punch

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Return
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Beam

Monferno @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch

Mawile @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Play Rough
- Baton Pass

Dodrio @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Early Bird
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

As the title suggests it, this team is based on Spikes Cacturne, which can add pressure on the opponent by setting up Spikes on a switch-in. The purpose of this team is to basically take advantage of Entry Hazards, priority moves and momentum to handle the oppo's team with fast Pokémons.
Cacturne sets up Spikes, threatens fast and frail Pokémons with Sucker Punch. Zebstrika was added to get rid of Defoggers and can act as a fast Water Check thanks to its Electric STAB. Floatzel checks Ground type, can RK other mons thanks to its priority and also takes care of Monferno which could be dangerous for my team. Monferno handles Dark type and Normal type as well and adds more momentum thanks to U-turn. Mawile acts as a Normal Resist, but also as a Leafeon check. Its primary role is to set up rocks, cripple Stallers with Toxic and essentially to Baton Pass after taking a hit. Baton Pass is really useful on Mawile since it allows it to proceed to a slow switch-in and takes damage instead of the rest of my team, which is quite frail. Finally Dodrio was added to RK other Scarf such as Scarf Mime or Scarf Leafeon and also to remove Psychic type and Eviolite thanks to its access to Knock Off / Pursuit.

A big thanks to Slowbroth for its help on this team ! o/

LordST

Dormi Bene Duce
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
These are just a few of the speculation PU teams i made for the tour that I figured I would share.

Comfey + Trapinch Balance

Comfey @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
Timid Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Fire] , Hidden Power [Ground] , Hidden Power [Fighting]

Leafeon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge
- Synthesis

Trapinch @ Eviolite
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Lumineon @ Leftovers
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Defog

Mawile @ Leftovers
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 Spe
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Baton Pass
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance / Taunt

Rapidash @ Firium Z / Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

The idea of this team is to trap a bunch of Comfey's checks such as Steels, Poisons, and Fires with Trapinch and weaken or kill them so Comfey can sweep late game with priority Draining Kiss. Taunt is fun on Comfey as it lets it setup on passive mons that could otherwise cripple it with status. The Hidden Power is mostly down to preference but i like Fire for doing big damage to Ferroseed which is a steel that Trapinch can't really trap. Lumineon was added for its usual roll compression and slow U-turn works well with trapping random things. Mawile is my normal resist of choice as I was also quite weak to offensive grasses such as Tsareena, Leafeon, and Jumpluff. Swords Dance Pass can be used to make Rapidash a scary wallbreaker or let Leafeon sweep late game easily but Taunt is also something I tried to help vs Clefairy and Duosion. Rapidash helps check Cacturne, Pawniard, and opposing Comfey. Firium Z is used because i couldn't really fit any other z moves on the team anywhere. However if you would like a bit more longevity Leftovers can be used here. Scarf Leafeon is my last just cause im a bit Golem weak and revenging other slower scarfers is always a good asset. Synthesis>Baton Pass because of BP clause. This team is quite fun but a bit matchup reliant as it really struggles vs powerful slow breakers such as Beheeyem or Crabominable.

Dragon Silvally + Banded Aggron Offense

Silvally-Dragon @ Dragon Memory
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ground] , Metal Sound , Sleep Talk
- Parting Shot

Aggron @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Head Smash
- Fire Punch
- Superpower

Lumineon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Defog
- Toxic

Monferno @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Water] , Hidden Power [Grass]

Leafeon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge
- Baton Pass

This team is some nice VoltShotPassTurn Offense that aims to get Banded Aggron in to nuke everything. Dragon Silvally has a lot of trouble with special walls and fairies which it can Parting Shot on to bring Aggron in. I haven't really found a good option for Silvally's last moveslot. HP ground hits Probo hard, Sleep Talk can let it absorb sleep, and Metal Sound can force some switches but is a bit situational. I didn't really feel Flash Cannon was necessary here as I want to be clicking Parting Shot most of the time on fairies anyways. Aggron kills almost everything with its incredibly powerful dual stab and coverage. Fire Punch hits Bronzor and Metang hard while Superpower hits Air Ballon Probopass and Aggron hardest. Aggron also functions as a normal resist to stop choice locked normals namely Stoutland. Lumineon was added because im addicted to putting it on my teams. The core needed support vs water types and also appreciated the pseudo Monferno check. Slow Uturn also lets Aggron come in safe and nuke shit some more. i wanted Monferno as a Cacturne/Pawniard check and I eventually made it rocks Ferno as i was having trouble fitting rocks elsewhere on the team. Zebstrika functions as the teams electric "resist" and to just provide the nice speed control that Zeb is known for. HP water is great for crippling Golem as well as hitting Camerupt but i realized i was incredibly Quagsire weak so HP grass can also work. Scarf Leafeon is added as my RKer and ground resist because im also addicted to making teams with scarf Leafeon.

Mudsdale + Articuno Stall

Mudsdale @ Leftovers
Ability: Stamina
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Articuno @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Substitute

Bronzor @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spd
Bold Nature
- Psywave
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Rest

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Defog
- Roost

Slowpoke @ Eviolite
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave

Miltank @ Leftovers
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Heal Bell
- Curse
- Milk Drink

So heres a stall team thats not so standard and could probably be more optimized than it is but I'm proud of it nonetheless. Mudsdale Articuno forms a great defensive core. Mudsdale can handle electric, rock, and fire type moves aimed at Cuno while Cuno can take on and sub up on passive grass and water types that Mudsdale invites in. Bronzor is added as the dedicated normal check, AlolaSlash answer, and a check to rock types Mudsdale can't handle like Banded Golem and Relicanth. Vullaby serves to check Leafeon and Jumpluff a bit better than Cuno, provide Defog support, and pseudo check Zangoose(this thing is stupid broken ban pls). Slowpoke is my dedicated Crabominable switch while also checking a bunch of useful things like Banded Float, Monferno, etc. Scrappy Curse Miltank is my last mon. Cow is a great bulky wincon that functions like a more frail CroMuk that has zero immunities to its spammable STAB. It's also the teams cleric and can help vs weakish special attackers as well. Overall the team works pretty well and has solid answers to the majority of the threats in this meta. Zangoose is the teams biggest problem but i couldn't seem to fit Gourg or Mawile anywhere on the team without making it weak to other major threats so I left it as is. The best way to play against Goose is choose which is least valuable: Slowpoke, Vullaby, or Bronzor. Each can eat at least 1 hit from Goose and weaken it to the point where it will die to toxic soon. However playing against it with Healing Wish support or letting it SD is basically an auto loss so yea¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Waterium Z Simipour Hyper Offense

This team is a collaboration with PokemonmasterTj so s/o.

Electrode @ Life Orb
Ability: Aftermath
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

Golem @ Weakness Policy
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch

Tsareena
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Trop Kick
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn

Simipour @ Waterium Z
Ability: Torrent
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Rain Dance
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Monferno @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Soundproof
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Healing Wish
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

Z Rain Dance is a really fun and dangerous option on Simipour giving it a boosted Hydro Pump for 5 turns and +1 speed. This makes it a great late game cleaner assuming you hit. To help break and bulky water types for Simi, I added Taunt Electrode and AoA Tsareena to put pressure on water types that would otherwise stop a sweep. Taunt Electrode particularly helps vs bulky things like Muk and Miltank that can stomach a hit from Simi. Aftermath is used since I have Soundproof Mime to check Boomburst spam. Acrobatics on Tsareena is great as it gives it good neutral coverage for the likes of Muk, Oricorios, Jumpluff, and Gourgeist. Both of these mons have access to VoltTurn which helps to maintain crucial momentum on such an offensive team. WP Golem is the rocker of choice as it provides good role compression as a Fire, Electric, Normal, and Flying Check while maintaining good offensive pressure. Monferno is good glue for the team as it can check a bunch of threats to the team like Zangoose, Offensive grasses, and Pawniard. Uturn forms a three mon VoltTurn core which is great for getting Simipour in safe. Scarf Mime is added as my last mon to help check Monferno a bit and provide HW support.

Z Dig Leafeon Balance

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Superpower
- Facade
- Crunch

Vibrava @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Muk @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 236 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Poison Jab
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Mawile @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Baton Pass
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic / Taunt / Swords Dance

Oricorio-Sensu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dancer
Timid Nature
- Revelation Dance
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Air Slash / Hidden Power [Fighting]

Leafeon @ Groundium Z
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Dig
- Swords Dance

This is one of my favorite sets utilizing z moves. Z Dig Leafeon is a great way of letting it get past some of its common checks. Here's a few calcs to show what it can do:
+1 252 Atk Leafeon Dig (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mawile: 372-438 (122.3 - 144%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Leafeon Dig (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Monferno: 348-410 (129.3 - 152.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Leafeon Dig (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Muk: 394-464 (95.1 - 112%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Leafeon Dig (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Aggron: 368-436 (130.9 - 155.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Leafeon forms a nice core with Banded Stout as Leafeon can eliminate Mawile for Stout and they can both overwhelm the rest of their shared checks such as Gourg, Tangela, Vullaby, etc. Vibrava is added for slow Uturn, defog support, and a switch in for Fires and scary rock/ground types like Golem and Mudsdale. CroMuk helps to patch up the weakness to HP Ice Electric types and other threats such as Articuno and special Floatzel. Mawile gives me a great normal and grass check that I needed. Oricorio Sensu is the RKer of choice as it dodges Zangoose's Quick Attack, Monferno's Mach Punch and is just in general a dangerous scarfer with its dual STAB. Air Slash can be used in the last slot while HP Fighting can be used to hit Pawniard which is pretty much the only thing that resists both of Oricorio's STABS. This team was one of my favorites and I used it multiple times thorughout the tour. When using it beware of letting Crabominable in on Vibrava or Muk as the team struggles a lot vs it.

Silvally Electric + Crabominable Spikes Stack

Silvally-Electric @ Electric Memory
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Parting Shot
- Flamethrower

Crabominable @ Choice Band
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Hammer
- Earthquake
- Toxic / Sleep Talk

Oricorio-Sensu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dancer
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Revelation Dance
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Gabite @ Eviolite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Atk / 100 Def / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Dragon Claw

Purugly @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Silvally Electric is a neat partner for Crabominable as it can Parting Shot on normal electric immunities that would normally absorb a volt switch This allows Crabominable to come in much easier on the likes of CroMuk, Audino, slow ground, Spdef Clef, etc. and dish out powerful attacks. Flamethrower on Silvally to help check Rotom-Frost. Crab is running max speed to outspeed Adamant Golem and things that creep for Golem as well as potentially speed tie other Crabs. Earthquake hits Mareanie and thats pretty much it. Toxic cripples Frillish and Slowpoke(lol). Sleep Talk can be run in the last slot for absorbing sleep if you think Toxic is useless which it pretty much is. Ferroseed is here for its great role compression in checking Normals, Psychics, and Waters while also providing Spikes support for the offensive mons. Oricorio-Sensu is the spinblocker, RKer, and an offensive check to normals, mostly Zangoose. Gabite is my rock setter of choose as it was the one mon that can keep up offensive pressure, be an electric immunity, and check Monferno/Rapidash/Pawniard. Purugly provides some more needed speed control, a Knock Off user, and Defog deterrent.(Free Primeape!)

Gen7 Sand Offense

Hippopotas @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Stoutland @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Crunch
- Facade
- Superpower

Dugtrio-Alola @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Force
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Lumineon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Defog

Comfey @ Leftovers
Ability: Triage
EVs: 148 HP / 252 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Taunt

Rotom-Frost @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Pain Split
- Substitute

Sand got a cool addition in this speculation meta in Alolan Dugtrio. Sand Force and Choice Band let it put a lot of pressure on typical SandDoge checks like Gourg, Vullaby, and Mawile. Adamant Nature on Duggy is used to hit as hard as possible to make sweeping with Stout easier. Mixed defenses Hippo lets it check electric types as well as other threats to the offensive sand core like Monferno and Pawniard. SubSplit Rotom is added to provide a switch for the bulky grasses duggy and Stout have trouble with. If it can get a sub up on these mons and start breaking it will make Stouts job a lot easier late game. Lumineon patches up the water weakness and provides great support with slow uturn and defog. TBH i forgot why i placed bulky Comfey on this team but its so good so I'll just assume it synergies well somehow.

Hope you liked these squads! I had a lot of fun making them and playing in the tour.

Last edited:
oras aint dead yet

Tentacool with swim moves

Gabite @ Eviolite
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Tentacool @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 80 SpD / 176 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

Articuno @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Hurricane
- Substitute
- Roost

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Ursaring @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Frustration
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Bulk Up

What you see here is a team built around a mon that sees absolutely no use (except one game in LTPL), Tentacool. I decided to use this since people in the PU room have been asking about random bad mons and as a meme I've been building with said bad mon and seeing if they'd have any success. Surprisingly, Tentacool isn't that horrible. I decided to build to its strengths by building a team that is designed to keep hazards such as tspikes and rocks up, while taking advantage of eliminating the enemy's hazards. My favorite bulky offense core in this meta is Gabite+Pawniard for the duo's ability to pressure common balance mons such as Golem, Bronzor, Muk, Probopass, Chinchou, Vibrava, Leafeon, Muk, Monferno and the list goes on. Pawn's ability to pressure defoggers for Tentacool setting tspikes also helped them synergize especially well. Once that core was developed I added SubRoost Articuno for a few reasons. First of all, it pairs well with tentacool with tspikes wearing the opposition down with subroost and pressure stalling while rapid spin helps keep rocks away which is Tentacool's #1 priority. Also Articuno forces typical balance teams to play in pretty typical ways such as forcing them into going to Bronzor, Metang or Probo which allows Pursuit Pawn to pressure 2 of the 3 while Gabite and Tentacool can handle Probo easily. Zeb gives the team a form of speed control and additional electric check (don't really wanna play 5050s with Gabite). Decided to round off the team with Teddeh's spdef Ursaring which is an amazing balance breaker in this passive meta. Ursaring weakens steel types so that Articuno can usaully win in the late game and vice-versa. Overall this is just a fun team, nothing too serious and of course it has its obvious weaknesses such as CB Golem and Stout but these can be played around once you scout out the set and eliminate them at just about any cost. Enjoy!

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ban Combusken, preserve Baton Pass
624.png
419.png
303.png
035.png
334.png
026.png

This is the team I spammed the most with various iterations during the tour, it's almost entirely cool sets and BP to Float is a ton of fun. The team starts with BP Mawile+Float as a core that provides a strong wincon and super fun blanket check, Float is pretty straightforward as a receiver that probably isn't being outsped by anything but Mawile's set is weird. Rather than fitting SR on it, Taunt is an amazing way to catch a ton of bulky mons off guard from Bronzor to Clefairy. It also lets Mawile put in some work vs defensive teams without even needing to pass, despite the lack of investment it's not hard to get up a couple of boosts while preventing any recovery. Pawniard pairs pretty well with the two by just crippling a lot of stuff with Knock Off, normally forcing Probopass to weaken itself on Pawniard rather than Mawile, acting as a secondary receiver, etc. Alt+Clefairy supports Mawile as a defensive core, but at that point it was pretty obvious that Golem (especially CB) was a huge threat. Rather than investing in a Grass type, I decided that most of the team checks Golem and making Clefairy a Grass Knot lure set would be enough. The set vs Stevy was meant to showcase that but instead I got crit and it showcased how the team can be pressured by very fast offenses so oops. Anyway basic SpD SR Clef and then offensive Altaria, I have no clue what the last move is supposed to be but I tried out all of those and Roar, Haze, and HP Water were my favorites so just fiddle with it I guess. Raichu rounds out the team as a Volt immunity, extra strong offensive breaker because I've now swung too far the other way from not adapting to the rise of stall, and speed control option. The team plays pretty differently depending on the matchup, but you'll generally find that at least one mon puts in a good amount of work and one combo forms a strong wincon, which was definitely my favorite part about messing with this because there's generally a clear path forward.
Pawniard @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Floatzel @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Frustration
- Ice Punch
- Switcheroo

Mawile @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Taunt
- Iron Head

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Grass Knot
- Stealth Rock

Altaria @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Toxic / Haze / Roar / Tailwind / Hidden Power [Water] look idk man

Raichu @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Encore

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Trevenant @ Choice Band
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Monferno @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- U-turn

Grumpig @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 84 HP / 252 SpA / 172 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Blizzard
- Trick

Lumineon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Toxic
- U-turn

Golem @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Toxic

I forgot to post this team back when I made it a few months back, so doing it now before my short term memory kicks in again as one of my last teams for Gen 6 PU. Ever since Trevenant dropped, I've trying to make it work, but essentially this was the best I can make of it while basically saying to myself "All I did was put Trevenant over Leafeon" to me at least. Anyway the prinicple remains the same as the objective is to use momentum to allow Banded trevenant to get as many free switchins as possible between U-Turn Monferno and Lumineon + Scarf Rotom-Frost to break things down. T-Wave Grumpig gives the team needed speed control and standard Tank Golem is standard. There are no setup mons here (arguably could be SD Monferno over U-turn), but the team functions pretty well nonetheless and I hope you enjoy the team.

more teams for squad dump! these are the teams that I've built as oras has winded down even further, and i've tried to branch out even more and make some even more creative / quirky teams. i dont care about keeping these a secret anymore, and they should be shared with anyone nonetheless imo. no they are not the most consistent or best teams but this is squad dump so it shouldnt have to be. i will try to make this one more concise and more quick hopefully though

Encore Chatot Normal Spam Offense

pastebin

basically all this team does is use Chatot to sort of surprise opponents with a non-choiced set, and when you can encore the opponent into a status move, they will most definitely switch, which means you can nuke with silk scarf boomburst or u-turn pivot out into ursa to get to quick feet boost, or pivot into dusknoir to pursuit trap things like mime and toxic other things like tangela and gourgeist. golem helps with more physical offense presence, and prinplup helps vs monferno, floatzel, pawniard, and sets up rocks which gives nice role compression on a team like this. scarf rapidash was the last mon as i needed a fast scarfer that checks grasses that had some sort of synergy. most opponents will probably assume a scarfed chatot and a non choiced rapidash, so use this to your advantage.

CB Gabite Offense v.2

pastebin

my last cb gabite team actually wasnt so good, looking back on it. this one's a big improvement, and an actual offensive threat this time. cb gabite is a nice wallbreaker which helps out sd ninjask, breaking down bulky steels, rocks and some physically defensive checks. pursuit pawniard helps out gabite's struggle with bronzor. the two do form a nice core and breaks down a lot of balance cores. all of this helps out sd ninjask late game when it comes time to sweep as its steel, rock, fairy, flying type checks have mostly been weakened. prinplup helps vs waters and fires that the team may struggle against. it also sets up stealth rock so mawile doesnt have to. mawile is an sd pass variant, which the team can really abuse, as it can pass into 4 different mons. spdef muk was the last mon to blanket check special attackers from rotom-f to roselia to even things like lumineon. the team does still struggle w/ electrics tho since gabite is the elec immune, as well as golem, so make sure you play around those carefully.

Frogadier Toxic Spikes HO

pastebin

having used this team in the In Memory tour, and seen success with it at other times, it'd be dumb not to dump this team here. tspikes frog is a nice fast lead that quickly sets up tspikes, has taunt and scald and even can u-turn out as a lead. not much more you can really ask for there. protean can be nice sometimes vs grass types that try to ohko you but then you turn into a poison type and resist their attack. (jolly) golem was added as electric check, normal check, sr, basic stuff. ninetales was passho as well as hp ice, to help the match up vs floatzel and altaria, respectively -- passho can help ninetales tank a water hit and retaliate back with energy ball, while hp ice helps break altaria which helps out the (scarf) leafeon a ton. zeb and grumpig were sort of afterthoughts and seemed like nice glue, power and speed. grumpig also helps vs rotom-f which can be a slight annoyance. basically the premise of the team is to set up tspikes to weaken any potential defensive walls, set up on said walls, power through them and clean with your fast cleaners. of course, this doesn't always work out this way due to matchup, but overall if you play well, this team can net you a couple wins.

SubSplit Rotom-F Offense

pastebin

also another offensive team, and also yet another one with the golem and prinplup, you may start finding these builds predictable and uninventive. however, you'll be pleased to find that that isn't really true. firstly we have subsplit rotom which is a mon that demolishes unprepared offensive balance-y teams that don't have good speed control. as subsplit rotom breaks down the opposing team, as does nasty plot ninetales with hp ground this time, to help with probopass and monferno which are a bit more annoying for this team, you'll probably be able to find set up opportunities with sd pawn and late game cleaning opportunities with scarf mime. of course, hwish mime is always an asset to offensive teams that need a threat healthy again. fire blast golem helps lure tangela or gourgeist for pawniard, althought you also have rotom and ninetales for those as well. prinplup is just the dedicated rocks setter, defogger and role compressor that i enjoy using.

Gorebyss + BEM SpeedPass

pastebin

here's something that i really like using, gorebyss speedpass. my goal for this team was just to use powerful af breakers that thrived on the speed that combusken provided. +2 speed coupled with +2 spa and another +2 speed meant that gorebyss was now finally faster than scarf rotom after setting up, and can ohko or 2hko pretty much everything in the tier. it honestly just sweeps a lot of teams with entry hazards up. second recipient is defensive nasty plot beheeyem which is also incredibly hard hitting, and bulky and semifast at the same time. finally scarf rampardos, which doesnt even need the speed boost sometimes, can be a nice powerful hard hitting revenge killer. clefairy + tangela, the meme core, rounds out the team by blanket checking physical attacker and special attackers. they also each have knock off which can help when the team vs. eviolite mons.

SemiTR SpikeStack

pastebin

this team really isnt anything serious; it's meant to be more of a lighthearted attempted at a counterteam during the In Memory tour. the basic idea is that upon first look it sort of looks like a normal spikes stack fast HO team, but actually is a disguised trick room team with guts ursaring, and TR setters in dusknoir and beheeyem. after setting up spikes, endeavoring and doing the usual venipede shenanigans, proceed to pressure around with monferno (which is the rocks setter of the team) and zeb, then soon you can pivot into dusknoir, set up TR, get off a memento, give ursaring a free SD, break stuff, trick room ends, zeb and monferno pressure even more, then beheeyem can win late game with a TR of its own. hopefully you give this team a try cuz it's actually rly fun to use.

Shocking Webs

pastebin

if you ever wanted a nice webs team to use if you know if you're gonna face opposing hard offense, this could be it. thte team is pretty self explanatory tbh. with webs, most offensive pokemon on offensive teams like floatzel and stoutland are checked by mons that now outspeed them, and things like scarf rotom have to play 50 50s with zeb / ferno, and things like sash kadabra can be real nuisance vs frail hard hitters. furthermore, pawniard which normally threatens webs team with an automatic defiant boost, does not threaten this team very much due to there simply existing a monferno and wisp rotom-fan. with the ability to pivot around with rotom-fan and zebstrika, kingler and monferno get great set up opportunities; they thrive under webs and can weaken each others counters like altaria, lumineon and leafeon. sheer force ice beam helps with the altaria, and sd monferno is as good of a threat as it has always been. the two work quite well together. no this team does not have rocks, yes this team is quite meme-y, no this team does not have a normal resist, yes this team does better than you'd expect. however don't expect to win with this team against every matchup

Avalugg SemiStall

pastebin

if this team looks familiar, then you are right; it takes arguably the most annoying defensive core of AltZorMuk coupled with Avalugg to ideally win in a semistall matchup. i shouldnt have to explain the team but in short basically wall the shit out of things and set up rocks and keep walling until you chip them down and win the long game. avalugg checks most physical attackers that bronzor can't handle, and muk blanket checks special attackers and is the team's wincon. altaria helps with healing status, checking pawn and ferno, and being great glue. grumpig helps with offensive presence and as another ice check. subcm helps break down things that the stall core may struggle against, like beheeyem or combusken or something. electrode helps with switching into boomburst, being speed control, etc etc. this team is really weak to misdreavus so watch out for that.

L U R E S

pastebin

hate muk? hate vibrava? love luring? then this is the team for you. i wanted to get really meme-y and tbh the team really isn't too bad as it has good offensive and defensive synergy. the premise of the team is that if your opponent has a vibrava, you'd try to get them on a double switch. when they stay in, you OHKO it with golem's natural gift ice. and boom, their monferno check is now gone. also if the opp has a muk, then try to get some chip on it w/ stealth rocks and voltturn, get up a hone claws with simisage and OHKO it with a +1 natural gift ground. now cm clef and scarf rotom can do their thing. lumineon is basically there to glue things together by checking waters and fires as well as cacturne to an extent.

Glaceon Toxic Spikes Balance

pastebin

heres another fun team if you tend to struggle vs Altaria + Bronzor builds. glaceon is a mon that is rarely seen, and if it's seen it only really runs specs to sort of pressure opposing teams; problem is it's quite slow, weak to rocks, and prediction reliant. i didn't like the sound of using a wallbreaker with those qualities. so i tried a sub work up set (like sub calm mind without the spdef boost), and it actually did quite well. basically the team relies on good defensive synergy, toxic spikes, and set up sweepers to power through a game. so the glaceon set is designed to take lumineon scalds, outspeed +speed cac / lumi, and still have good power and good neutral coverage with ice beam and shadow ball which hits altaria and bronzor respectively. as glaceon attempts to try set up and break down a team, toxic spikes support helps it a ton. additionally rapid spin support from tentacool helps both glaceon and altaria from taking rocks damage. this set is by RawMelon with a slight twist, as it has Rest which is supported by heal bell altaria. defensive mawile helped check normals and muk is muk. scarf leafeon helps round out the team and actually performs the best on this team out of all the teams i've built so far with a scarf leafeon.

Normal Spam Balance

pastebin

sort of a lazy build but the team works quite well so w/e. basically the team uses resttalk sd bouff to weaken or 1v1 normal checks like mawile, metang, bronzor, probopass, defensive golem, lots of stuff really ... which only helps dodrio in the end. the two have nice synergy offensively but defensively spdef bouff can take electric or ice type hits that dodrio doesnt like. cb golem helps wallbreak and soften up opposing teams. it's also a nice twave check to things like clef. the rest of the team is just standard balance with a twist. looking at the team you might think monferno can really just chip prinplup down and sweep later on, except for the fact that prinplup is defog resttalk with heal bell clef helping with getting rid of sleep on bouff and prinp. the sr setter of the team is mawile, and is also an sd passer which can benefit dodrio really nicely in the late game as it sweeps with the choice scarf and +2 or +4 atks boosts. i had tried spdef bu ursaring over spdef bouff before this version of the team but found the team too weak to servine, so bouff was an effective and useful replacement.

Hope you enjoy the teams!

Last edited:

I felt like stall was a pretty underrated play style, so I decided to build around it!

Audino @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Encore

Dusclops @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SpD
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Altaria @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Haze
- Heal Bell
- Roost

Torkoal @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

Golem @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 224 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Tangela @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis

Audino, Altaria, and Dusclops make up the core of the team, basically they're able to wall out majority of the meta while offering utility to the team. Audino is fairly standard, encore helps with thing like NP Beheyem or CM Duosion. Haze on Altaria is my personal move of choice because it helps me deal with a lot of faster set up mons that Audino can't deal with such as NP Ninetails or BU Ursaring. Dusclops acts as generic glue that covers everything from Floatzel in rain to every single Muk set.
The last half of the team aids to cover up the weaknesses of the first half. Torkoal is there to help deal with SD Mawile and Leafeon as well as be a spinner for the team to help deal with Spike Stack. Golem is there as a generic electric immunity as well as a wall to Dodrio who otherwise would run over the team. The last slot I chose Tangela who, thanks to his bulk, is able to act as a physically defensive generic wall for things like CB Golem or Stoutland.

The team has no real set win condition other then to out stall the other team and whittle them down, so be prepared to play the grind game if you chose to pick up this team!

An offensive team featuring TR Inkay, a useless but extremely cute squid. :3
Inkay @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Psycho Cut

Mawile @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Destiny Bond
- Taunt

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Beam
- Low Kick
- Aqua Jet

Rapidash @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Drill Run
- Baton Pass

Beheeyem @ Leftovers
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Recover
- Thunderbolt

• Inkay will almost never sweep, but it knocks off Eviolites from physical walls such as Vullaby or Tangela, which will usually be switching in to wall Inkay. Floatzel then has an easier time cleaning.
• Mawile can tank bug and fairy attacks for Inkay and appreciates Trick Room when facing faster teams. Mawile's set is a classic SD attacker and it has enough speed EVs to outpace adamant Golem (outside of Trick Room).
• Misdreavus is a lead that can prevent the opponent from setting up SR with Taunt or threaten a burn on their Golem. Destiny Bond allows it to take down some slower attackers (for example Monferno or Luxray).
• Floatzel is a revenge killer and can work as a late game cleaner. Ice Punch was replaced with Low Kick because Lapras was being a bitch and I almost always used Ice Beam anyways (it hits Leafeon, Tangela, Gourgeist and Vullaby harder).
• Choice Scarf Rapidash provides speed control and is the only thing that outspeeds Scarf Rotom-F, which is quite threatening because there's no electric resist on the team.
• Nasty Plot Beheeyem helps beating stall, physical walls and Muk. If Inkay dies and there's a few turns of Trick Room left, Beheeyem can make use of it.

"Steel Spam" BO
Klang @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Altaria @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse

Lumineon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- U-turn
- Toxic

Metang @ Eviolite
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball

Monferno @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
- U-turn

I use this team in room tours on my alt "god is on my side" quite often, so if you visit the chat room frequently you might've seen it already.

• Muk and Stoutland are everywhere right now so steel type Pokemon are really good imo, so I decided to build a team around Klang. Used the good old classic RestTalk set. It usually works as a win condition.
• Altaria has a flawless defensive synergy with Klang, she counters most Monferno sets and basically can switch in on any attack Klang is weak to. And vice versa Klang can tank any attack Altaria is weak to.
• Lumineon is the hazard remover. Besides being one of the best Defoggers in the tier he also resists fire and ice type attacks that can trouble the main core.
• Metang is the Rocker. He can lure in Probopass and kill it with Earthquake, which is nice because Probopass usually stops Klang's sweep.
• NP Misdreavus breaks down walls and punches holes in teams early in game so Klang is able to set up and win in the end game. Misdreavus can anti lead opposing hazard setters and taunt them, too.
• And last but not least is Choice Scarf Monferno as my speed control and revenge killer. Picked Monferno over other scarfers because it can threaten and possibly kill opposing steel Pokemon that could wall Klang.

Last edited:
Fuck Dual Stab

Float (Floatzel) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Leafy (Leafeon) @ Kebia Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Double-Edge
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade

Fabulous (Rapidash) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Drill Run
- Wild Charge
- Megahorn

cryolat (Cryogonal) @ Never-Melt Ice
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Freeze-Dry
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off

Voltlyfe (Zebstrika) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rock Head (Rampardos) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Polish
- Head Smash
- Earthquake

Explanation
So this team is mostly based around an offensive GFW-core of Taunt, SpA Floatzel, SD Leafeon, and scarf Rapidash.
Floatzel is a nice fast attacker that can take advantage of passive walls and setup sweepers like the cancer Bronzor + Altaria cores you see everywhere these days.
Kebia SD Leafeon is a setup sweeper and Knock Off abuser, that reduces the weak matchup vs Muk.
Scarf Rapidash is the outspeeds basically anything this meta can throw at it, it has enough power where it can either Ohko, 2hko or 3hko anything but defensive Altaria and it forces 50/50's against fire like WoW.
Cryogonal helps this team's matchup vs spike stack, Knock Off is nice to cripple Cryo's switchins like evio Monferno and lefties Grumpig.
Zebby provides some voltturn and can force 50/50's vs electrics
Rampardos is a cool Lead, updated the set a lil' bit to deal w/ stuff. Mostly RPolish>Surf and EQ>Super Power. Surf just instant as useful when Golem can be spdef too which just isn't OHKO'd
112 SpA Mold Breaker Rampardos Surf vs. 252 HP / 224+ SpD Golem: 208-248 (57.1 - 68.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Mold Breaker Rampardos Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Golem: 208-246 (57.1 - 67.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Yes, PArdos can't beat defensive, but there's leafeon, float and cryo in the back to deal w/ golem anyways. Rock Polish can take opposing teams by surprise as nothing really wants to take Head Smash + Earthquake. Eq > SP to hit bronzor and EdgeQuake is just better coverage in general, air Ballon probo just isn't common enough to justify having better coverage anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)