Resource PU Simple Question, Simple Answers Thread

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Would I rather use Sawsbuck or Shiftree on a PU sunny day team?
Both have their uses on sun teams. Sawsbuck is able to be a powerful breaker with Swords Dance in conjunction with Z-Double Edge, whilst Shiftry is able to do the same but slightly less powerful and unable to break things like Weezing. Shiftry is able to however run both a mixed and Defog set to break physical walls and alleviate hazards if needed. Personally I do actually prefer Shiftry for the Knock Off support and the Sucker Punch support.

Both have their uses on sun teams. Sawsbuck is able to be a powerful breaker with Swords Dance in conjunction with Z-Double Edge, whilst Shiftry is able to do the same but slightly less powerful and unable to break things like Weezing. Shiftry is able to however run both a mixed and Defog set to break physical walls and alleviate hazards if needed. Personally I do actually prefer Shiftry for the Knock Off support and the Sucker Punch support.
So is Sawsbuck always run like this? Or can you run it with a choiced item aswell?

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So is Sawsbuck always run like this? Or can you run it with a choiced item aswell?
Choiced items are generally ill advised on weather teams, and even outside of weather Sawsbuck wants to change its limited coverage and have access to Swords dance and/or Normalium Z.

I wouldn't say Sawsbuck had limited coverage. Grass, Normal, Fighting is only resisted by Oricorio Sensu, Gourgeist, and Trevenant, and the former can still be OHKOd by Horn Leech after Rocks at +2.

Are there any attacks that make a SuMo bred Kecleon even somewhat viable? I've been running an ORAS tutored one with great success, but I like being able to breed Protean onto a Safari Ball Kecleon. Just wondering if there's any way to make this work?

yogi

I did not succumb...
Are there any attacks that make a SuMo bred Kecleon even somewhat viable? I've been running an ORAS tutored one with great success, but I like being able to breed Protean onto a Safari Ball Kecleon. Just wondering if there's any way to make this work?
Hi!

Unfortunately Kecleon isn't very viable in the current metagame. Lacklustre speed and inability to break a lot of the common metagame titans means it struggles to find a way onto most competitive teams. I do believe that both the Rocker and Mixed sets are somewhat viable however, but again they are rather niche.

yogi

I did not succumb...
are there any interesting users of Z-Celebrate/Hold Hands/whatever that boosts 5 stats at the same time?
Currently I don't believe so. Charizard was the most notable user of these kinds of z moves and so was Malamar, however they were banned. There aren't that many other users that I can think that truly shine. Gourgeist regular is able to use Z Trick-or-Treat to somewhat okay consistency but not having access to a good ghost STAB hinders it, Glaceon can use Z Hold hands but struggles due to its typing and inability to use Stored Power alongside it; Eevee is probably the only other notable one with its access to Extreme EvoBoost. Trevenant is also able to use Z Forests Curse, but struggles due to not even hitting base 110 speed even at plus one.

TJ

Banned deucer.
is the Smogon Tour Season 34 Championis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
are there any interesting users of Z-Celebrate/Hold Hands/whatever that boosts 5 stats at the same time?
Not really, the only viable Z-Celebrate user we had was Charizard and thats banned now so rip. Ig Gourg-large but thats it really. Glaceon is another Z-Celebrate user but its mediocre because its still really slow after +1

yogi

I did not succumb...
I'd also like to mention that both Silk Scarf and Flame Plate are an option if you want longevity for Pyroar, which is usually better for breaking stall in the long run as they cannot rely on switching to wear you down.

Hi! I'm new to the tier and trying to build some effective teams that work in the metagame but I'm a little stumped on a few things. Is balance a successful team style to build with, and if so what are some important threats that I should be aware of when building?

Thank you for your time.

yogi

I did not succumb...
Hi! I'm new to the tier and trying to build some effective teams that work in the metagame but I'm a little stumped on a few things. Is balance a successful team style to build with, and if so what are some important threats that I should be aware of when building?

Thank you for your time.
Hey bud! Welcome to PU n_n

Yes currently balance is a good archetype thanks to strong defensive pivots and the meta not being too offensive.

We have plenty of resources to help you get into PU and building if you need help such as the Sample Teams thread and Good Cores thread that'll hopefully help you with any building troubles, if you get stuck you're also free to ask for help in the PU room on PS!

When building I'd recommend checking both the Viability Rankings and the PU Resources thread!

Hope you enjoy your stay! n_n

Is there a list of the completed PU analyses on-site somewhere? Most C&Cs have a "completed" section in their reservation indices, but PU doesn't for some reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)