Psych Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't think I can offer any specific examples, because it's such a niche move at times that you won't find most standard sets just having it for no reason. So I think you may wanna peep this list here

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
soulgun007 the problem with Psych Up is that it "copies" stats. In singles, this has little effect as instead of using Psych Up you should just use Swords Dance, Shell Smash etc.. If you do not have access to these moves then... just don't use the Pokemon. If you want to play with the opponent when they raise they stats trying to sweep, a much better way of doing this is with Haze or Clear Smog, which just remove all stat changes, positive and negative. Really the two main points I can see with these moves in competition with eachother is that Haze is tauntable, but has many Pokemon who can learn it. Clear Smog can't affect Steel-Type Pokemon (most importantly Mega-Mawile) and not as many Pokemon have it.

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
However though I can see Psych Up having a better application in Double/Triple battles, by allowing a Pokemon to copy boosts from its partner (i.e. Medicham copying a Dragon Dance from Dragonite or something). Can be useful if the Pokemon would be able to sweep if it had access to "this move"

Psych Up sucks, no point bumping a two year old thread about it...
My Claydol:

• Swagger
• Psych Up
• Earthquake
• Cosmic Power / Rock Slide

The Swagger + Psych Up setup is amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)