Project PS! Importable Movesets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

The Little Cup Importable Moveset Project

(This project is now dead- find LC movesets here)

With SuMo just arriving, it will take a little bit of time for official Smogon analyses to go up. In the meantime, users looking to get into Seventh Generation LC for the first time may want to have the ability to copy and paste sets. In this thread, the community can share PS! Importables for movesets they have been using. Through this project, the hope is to provide movesets to help teambuilding in the current metagame, and eventually provide a basis for the on-site analyses. Movesets for all Pokemon will be accepted, but the priority at the moment is new SuMo Pokemon.

Rules​
  1. Please only post sets that you have actually tried. The metagame is super new, so you don't need extensive testing, but please don't post random things that you just think might work.
  2. Please don't deliberately bad sets.
  3. Please don't post sets that are identical to ORAS sets.
  4. Provide a brief description of your set. I'm not asking for an essay, or a full analysis, but please explain what your set does.
I'll edit this with a full list of sets I want in a few days. For now, feel free to post anything you discover! I'll be updating the OP with your sets.

---

Abra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Level: 5
EVs: 240 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock / HP Fighting
- Psych Up

Focus Sash + Magic Guard is still the same "OH SHIT" stop to sweepers without multi hit moves. Psychic is stab and Dazzling gleam is needed just to hit dark types (especially Scraggy right now). Psych Up + Psyshock is a reaction to the Metagame. If Cutifly manages to get QuiverPass off or CM Gothita gets up +6 you have a hope to beat them while normal Abra just loses. It's also really good against SS sweepers like Omanyte and Tirtouga (watch out for AJ). HP Fighting is always an option if your team is weak to Pawniard. --fitzy72
Buneary @ Normalium Z
Ability: Limber
EVs: 228 Atk / 4 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Splash
- Return
- Baton Pass
- Encore / Jump Kick

Again, this isn't amazing, but it's fun. Z-Splash means +3 attack, so Buneary can hit hard. When it comes against a Rock/Steel/Ghost type, it can just pass the boosts on thanks to it's naturally high speed. Good paired with Scarf attackers like Pawniard and Mienfoo. Encore just helps with set-up opportunities. Jump Kick could be used there instead to beat the Rock and Steel mons, but I like Encore for setting up. --Rowan
Cubchoo @ Eviolite/Berry Juice
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 82 HP / 176 Atk / 126 SpAtk / 126 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Superpower/Power-Up Punch
- Play Rough
- Surf

This would be your physical sweeper on a hail team because of its large speed stat (think approx. Aipom fast) and pretty good attack stat. As for the moves, Ice Punch is obligatory STAB, either Fighting type move is for Steel and Rock coverage, Play Rough is for the likes of Mienfoo, and Surf is for Fire types and Mudbray. An ideal teammate would be Aurora Veil Snow Warning A-Vulpix (Obviously. Either that, or Snover). --Schmedly
Cutiefly @ Eviolite/Berry Juice
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Def / 76 SpA / 36 SpD / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Quiver Dance
- Roost/Psychic
- Baton Pass

This set's function is to pass Quiver Dance's boosts to a special sweeper, like Porygon, Magnemite or Salandit, as examples, and it's also difficult to pressure it, becoming one of the best Baton Passers that we have now. Its EV spread takes advantage of its Speed tier 19 to setup, 116 EVs in Defense to resist overall some physical attacks, knowing that it already has some extra special bulk after a Quiver Dance, 36 HP for reach an odd number (21), and remaining EVs on SpA for hit a little bit. It can bring Eviolite or Berry Juice, depending on the team. Quiver Dance gives Cutiefly a +1 boost in SpA, SpD and Speed, Moonblast is a reliable STAB attack which can deal a great damage to Fighting-types, and Baton Pass, to pass the aforementioned boosts. If you think that your team is weak to Poison-types like Croagunk, Gastly and Salandit, you can slash Psychic over Roost, to have coverage against them, along with Berry Juice to have a way to recover. Roost is used as a good recovery, along with the Eviolite, to get some bulk. --Altariel von Sweep
Dewpider @ Eviolite
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 212 HP / 100 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Lunge
- Scald
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Allot of people might get mad seeing it has no attack investment but having no investment still allows Scald to reliably 3HKO any pokemon resistant or not.
Lunge makes physical attackers even more afraid of this mon as it drops the opponents physical attack. It also allows you to beat CM Goth 1v1. Scald Burns and very slowly chips damage while you try to recover up. The typing isn't great but it's good enough to not be prone to Trappers making it more reliable as a Rest-Talker. The insane ability Water Bubble doubles damage for water attacks and gives you an extra layer of fire resistance. Making this pokemon have a nice assortment of mons to wall reliably. This might be the second best Rest-Talk user we have obtained this gen bar Mudbray. --@rhydonphillip

Dewpider (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 212 HP / 36 Atk / 100 Def / 20 SpD / 140 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Leech Life
- Liquidation

I've been getting into LC this gen and one of the mons that i've playing around a lot with is dewpider because it has a super cool abiliy + typing combo. Its generally pretty fat (23/21/21 bulk w/ evio) and its typing lets it do all sorts of things like being one of the best all around Mudbray switch ins in the tier (max attack rock slide does like 34 and all of its coverage moves / STAB do negligible damage), shutting down most variants of hail, as well as being able to switch pretty well into most of the fighters in the tier (although losing evio sucks, i've found that's just how the tier rolls). double water coverage seems redundant but scald is just used to fish for burns / still hit hard as shit (you reliably 3HKO timburr / 2HKO a multitudewhile still outspeeding while it does nothing to you) and liquidation is just because physical water coverage is still good even w/ a -atk nature and you still do fun things like 3HKO cm goth (im not really sure what to put in that last slot tbh maybe mirror coat who knows). 11 speed to tie w/ mudbray + the clusterfuck of mons that seem to approach that tier, forgive me if the spreads not 100% optimal, i'm still getting the hang of ev-ing.

i know its not really a meta-defining mon like all the other ones people have been talking about but i think it has its place in the metagame and its a cool little glue mon to try out --Evan. (evs by slurmz)
Dwebble @ Eviolite
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Atk / 156 Def / 156 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rock Blast
- Knock Off

This was floating around towards the end of ORAS as an alternative to Omanyte, but I think that with the new metagame and mechanics, it's no longer an alternative but rather the best at what it does. Firstly, Flying- and Fire-type resistances aren't as important anymore, so Omanyte's defensive niche is lessened; Rufflet, Doduo, and Pikipek all carry coverage moves that annihilate Omanyte, and the presence of Mudbray and Mareanie means Ponyta is less prevalent. On the other hand, Dwebble's neutrality to Fighting means it's a guaranteed to switch into birds at least once, and its neutrality to Fighting, Grass, and Ground lets it avoid being counter-led by Scarf Gothita and Scarf Mienfoo, both of which are on the rise, as well as Diglett. The hazards metagame itself doesn't seem to have changed much, except that Stealth Rock is more important than ever now that it almost completely shuts down Fletchling, and Drilbur could become a bit less prominent now that it is forced to stack weaknesses with both Mudbray and Diglett (although it has a different niche so that might not be the case). One mechanics change that benefits both Dwebble and Omanyte is the buff to Weak Armor; at +2, they can outspeed up to 18 Speed Choice Scarf users, granting them even more opportunities to get multiple layers up. --Corporal Levi
Asmuth (Geodude-Alola) (M) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Galvanize
EVs: 240 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide
- Volt Switch

+ Great Coverage
+ Return is weaker than Double-Edge but you dont lose HP for using it
+ Return is weaker than SelfDestruct/Explosion but you dont lose your Geodude for using it
+ Slow VS to a sweeper yas
- You see this typing tho?
- Seriously this is bad but it has a few cute things to it --Jac
Grimer-Alola @ Eviolite
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 116 HP / 240 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Gunk Shot/Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Explosion/Shadow Sneak/Fire Blast

Since no one has done this guy yet here's a set that I've been experimenting with. This thing is actually one of the few decent alola forms usable in lc. Poison/Dark is an interesting typing giving it a sole weakness to ground but also lets it resist the stabs of the pokemon it wants to pursuit trap (abra, gastly, pumpkaboo, etc.) EV's are simple, you just want to maximize your bulk with particular interest towards special defense since the pokemon you want to check/trap are ussually special attackers. Max attack adamant allows you to hit hard as possible since alolan grimer's attack is actually really good. with the bulk a lo abra dazzling gleam has 0 chance to 2hko after you rocks. Moveset is also pretty standard. Pursuit to eliminate ghosts and psychics for your team, gunk or pjab for your poison stab, knock off because its one of the things grimer has over stunky and just a good move in lc and the last slot is pretty much filler. I like explosion because even a non stab explosion does a good amount of damage, Shadow Sneak gives you some form of priority even tho its weak as hell since its non stab and fire blast if you really want a way to hit pawniard. If you do run Fire Bast then change the nature to brave and move the 36 evs from def to sp. attack. The perks of this over stunky is more bulk, knock off, and higher attack at the cost of speed and defog and sucker punch --innovamania
Klink @ Berry Juice
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Return
- Wild Charge

with shift gear & gear grind legal on klink now i had some fun playing with it and came up w/ this moveset & evs. gear grind is great for breaking through sashs and being a strong stab in general, return is great for hitting chinchou and good neutral coverage that doesnt miss, and wild charge hitting other bulky waters & steel types for the most damage. berry juice gives it more opportunities to set up from my experience & clear body is the only really viable ability. the ev spread maximizes attack, 116 speed allows it to hit 22 speed evs which just outspeed scarf goth after shift gear, but more evs can be put in there if you wanna speed tie w/ things like scarf rufflet & pawn, but i feel like 22 is fine. --rozes (the cutest LCer)
Mareanie @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 HP / 100 Def / 12 SpA / 180 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes / Recover
- Sludge Bomb / Venoshock / Recover
- Haze

Hates trappers, especially Gothita, which can directly switch into it, but it's still worth using on some teams because of how it blanket checks three huge types in Fairy, Fighting, and Fire, all the while supporting the team with Toxic Spikes and potentially getting off sick burns with Scald; a Regenerator mon with such good defensive typing is as effective as we thought it would be. Haze messes around with Baton Pass chains if you can avoid Gothita, as well as ensuring that Scraggy doesn't sweep. I'm not sure about the EV spread but it doesn't look to have a lot of other options; right now it hits 24 HP for a Regenerator number, 14 Def/14 SpD for Eviolite numbers, and 12 SpA and Modest since 12 SpA does make a difference over 11 SpA. --Corporal Levi

Toxxix (Mareanie) @ Eviolite
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Venoshock / Sludge Wave
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes / Haze

+ CUTE but rip no sprite yet
+ 14/14 defenses arent bad and get the job done
+ Regen + 50% recovery is gdlk
+ Venoshock ensures it's not getting fucked with but is inconstant if the enemy has a cleric or you aint poisonin shit run some trappers yall
- No answers for Gunk like shit it's stuck vs Gunk
- Trapped --Jac
Meowth-Alola @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Technician
EVs: 36 HP / 200 SpA / 40 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Parting Shot
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Taunt

Wanted to try out meowth alola form, and this is the best I came up with. It's kinda cool as a fast attacker, and fast parting shot user. Taunt means cutiefly can't set up on you, and makes it a decent anti-lead. Darkinium-Z + Parting Shot works as Parting Shot and heals the switch in, which makes it really cool late game.

Because of it's speed, and typing it can check doduo, pawniard, CM goth which makes it okay in the current state of the metagame. --Rowan
Sylvia (Morelull) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Def / 76 SpA / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Strength Sap
- Thunder Wave / Moonblast

+ 16/16 defenses
+ Resistances: Dark, Electric, Fighting, Grass, Ground, Water cute as fuck
+ Double "Powder" makes it really feel like a mushroom and Twave while being less accurate nails Overcoat mons and Grass-types
- SLOW
- WEAK TO SO MUCH AHH double weakness to Poison really hurts --Jac
Mudbray @ Eviolite
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 156 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This isn't creative, but it's really good at being annoying. 25/14/14 bulk is ridiculous on it, and as Stamina boosts your defense higher it gets absurd. Knock Off users are 2HKOed and most of what would be good to hit Mudbray with aren't keen on switch in. It's so far only godly versus unprepared teams, but even prepared teams don't do that well against it unless they have a Staryu or something reliable. Nothing but immunities + pumpkaboo really take EQ well. Even without speed investment it hits 11 speed, which is lovely for hitting Trace Pory twice before it can recover (this is a solid counter to it) allowing for Mudbray to handle a weakened Pory. The solid bulk + rest makes it essentially a blanket check to all physical sweepers. --Fiend

Mudbray @ Berry Juice
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Heavy Slam

No one else is posting it so I will lol. Mudbray uses its natural bulk and its ability, Stamina, to tank most shots and Berry Juice allows you to heal back to full once you get chipped down below 50%. Earthquake and Rock Slide give you edgequake coverage which is very good, Close Combat hits things like Munchlax, Porygon, and Ferroseed super hard, and Heavy Slam deals with fairy types. It doesn't have the longevity of the RestTalk set, but having coverage can be better at times. --Sam-testings

Mudbray @ Berry Juice
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Bulldoze

my take on mudbray has been more offensive than most's. bulldoze + rocks + eq kills staryu i think, which is why it hops onto the set - same w foo, etc. cc for ferros and others eq and rock slide for reasons of edgequake. can throw heavy slam somewhere if u must. --Shrug
Munchlax @ Berry Juice
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 76 Atk / 196 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recycle
- Return / Body Slam
- Earthquake / Curse / Pursuit / Fire Punch
- Whirlwind

This is one of the better Cutiefly answers imo. Most other switchins either have trouble against important Baton Pass recipients or fall to boosted LO coverage moves. Munchlax effortlessly wins 1v1s against pretty much any Cutiefly variant, and can phaze it if it tries to Baton Pass (though it does struggle against Cutiefly Baton Passing to Lileep or Natu). It's also a great answer to Baton Pass chains, Z-Conversion Porygon, and of course, all the Special attackers it usually checks. The EVs let it survive Scarf Doduo's Jump Kick from full health and LO Salandit's +2 Sludge Wave after Stealth Rock. I like Return over Body Slam to deal enough damage to reliably outstall Roost on bulky Cutiefly in case it's the last mon instead of relying on full para from Body Slam, and usually run Earthquake to hit Steel-types and Salandit harder, but I imagine the other coverage moves work fine as well. --Corporal Levi
Numel @ Eviolite
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 196 HP / 116 Def / 156 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Lava Plume
- Yawn

might as well post this guy that me and Imanalt came up with. he is a great role compressor in the current meta; it is able to check electrics (bar chou obv), set rocks, and checks cutiefly (via yawn). synergizes with mareanie + pory quite well. likes a wish passer such as spritzee --slurmz
Pikipek @ Berry Juice
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 4 Def / 36 SpD / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drill Peck
- Bullet Seed
- Brick Break
- Tailwind

Basically you attempt to get tailwind up safely, and once you do, you have near perfect coverage against possible threats and outspeed even most scarfed things. 15 speed without tailwind means sometimes its better to just attack, especially on predictions. Or if you think you are going down, might as well tailwind to help your teammates. EVs for 18 attack, 21 HP. --Flyteofheart
Porygon @ Normalium Z
Ability:Download
EVs: 40 Def / 80 SpA / 160 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tri Attack
- Psychic
- Conversion

I have been using this set a good bit and it works very well for me as a sweeper. This set takes advantage of Z-Move conversion which adds +1 to every stat. Psychic is used to hit fighting types, tri attack for stab, and hp fighting for pawniards. The evs are made so that once at +1 all the stats are even and the speed is made so you outspeed every unboosted pokemon (you hit 21 speed) and download makes you hopefully get another +1 in special attack. You can set this up on special attackers who dont want to take a hit from pory. --ItzViper482
Pumpkaboo-Small @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 4 HP / 228 Atk / 36 Def / 4 SpA / 228 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Fire Blast / Rock Slide
- Shadow Sneak / Shadow Ball
- Trick-or-Treat

Might look bad at first but I can assure you it's something to not underestimate. Having a decent amout of active pokemon in the metagame to set up on like Ground Types or Rock types this mon can get up a Z-powered Trick-or-Treat, turn the opponant in a dual or triple type with Ghost making Shadow Sneak less pathetic then it currently is and boosting all stats by +1. You hit 25 Att, 17 SpA and 21 Speed allowing you to pose a threat. Fire blast hits Pawniard/Ferroseed for a 2HKO/1HKO respectively. Shadow Sneak/Ball either give decently powerfull priority or a strong coverage option even if it's just from 17 spA. --rhydonphilip
Pumpkaboo-Super @ Eviolite
EVs: 204 HP / 196 Def / 4 SpA / 76 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fire Blast
- Synthesis

I think that special Pumpkaboo-Super might become the standard since it actually beats Mudbray, otherwise Bullet Seed gives Mudbray a million Stamina and Mudbray stalls Pumpkaboo out with RestTalk. Fire Blast is a nice coverage move for Pawniard and Ferroseed, though they already don't appreciate Will-O-Wisp. I have a physically defensive EV spread right now because I just really don't like Mudbray but the usual specially defensive EV spread should work fine as well.
Rattata-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 228 Atk / 76 Def / 180 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch / Crunch
- Crunch / Pursuit
- Return
- Flame Wheel / U-turn / Crunch

Idk what you people have been sleeping on but this thing isn't as bad as it's Kanto brother. Having acces to Hustle it can do heavy amouts of damage with what ever move it uses. Normal-Dark isn't a bad type combo, infact it allowes return to 2HKO any answere to either of the 2 types with the single exception of Pawniard who resists both. Fairy type/Fight Types are 2HKO/1HKO'd by Return, Rock/Steel types are hit very hard by Crunch/Sucker and if rocks are up they are offen 1HKO'd. Pursuit is a nice option if the opponant thinks he can switch out for free. Flame Wheel can 1HKO Ferroseed and 2HKO on Pawniard. U-turn is momentum. Now the main issue I have with it is reliability as any move even Pursuit/U-turn are a gamble to hit thanks to hustles 80% accuracy curse.
But with LO, 17 Speed and this much attack, I am willing to take that gamble Team Rockett Game Corner style. --rhydonphilip
Rowlett @ Eviolite / Berry Juice
Ability: Long Reach
EVs: 172 HP / 236 Atk / 36 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Leaf Blade / Baton Pass
- Roost / Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance

This cute little own might suprise you if you still have thoughts of it's ''horrible'' typing. Having acces to Swords Dance, usefull offensive typing that only loses to Pawniard/Magnemite, reliable recovery to pair with it's good enough defences and to top it all off acces to Baton Pass. This pokemon isn't the easiest mon to use as it's type does have issues as well as a lack in speed. But don't let that get you down, look at Rowlett's cute face and you will instantly have confidence again to sweep the opponant. Long Reach is a nice ability, it makes you immune to Flame Body/Iron Barbs. --rhydonphilip
Rufflet (M) @ Choice Scarf
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Frustration
- U-turn / Aerial Ace / Shadow Claw / Tailwind
- Superpower

the new king is here. rufflet has become so much more spammable with its new acquisition in brave bird, almost doubling its power. set is well known just a nifty addition in bb. aace can be used over uturn for accuracy sake. shadow claw was an idea by Heysup that allows it to be able to nail honedge yet brave bird 3hkoes after rocks so its not really a big deal. tailwind is a sick thing for offense (but so is uturn ig) so that can work too i suppose --rssp1
Salandit @ Life Orb
EVs: 84 Atk / 192 SpA / 220 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 3 HP / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Flame Charge

This Pokémon can be very dissapointing at first sight, due to its weakness to trappers, but it can be a good choice for offensive teams. Salandit runs 3 IVs in HP for get 19 HP and minimize the Life Orb's recoil. Its EV spread allows it to hit hard on both sides, and it runs a Hasty nature to take advantage of the Attack. Flamethrower and Sludge Wave as principal STABs, can deal a frightening damage to some Pokémon. HP Ground deals against mirror match-ups, and Flame Charge helps to beat trappers and Cutiefly on the switch, receiving a +1 Speed boost to outspeed them and sweep in order. --Altariel von Sweep
Sandshrew-Alola @ Life Orb
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin / Swords Dance / Shadow Claw --Berks with help from Coconut

Sandshrew-Alola @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Icicle Spear / Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash / Iron Head / Thief

Aside from Snow Slush shenanigans, Snowshrew works effectively as a Choice Scarf user. Drilbur overshadows Sandshrew in this role, but Snowshrew's fancy Ice/Steel-typing gives it a unique advantage: STAB Ice moves. Pumpkaboo cannot stand up against the threat of STAB Icicle Crash or Icicle Spear. Snowshrew is also immune to Toxic Spikes, which in the blooming metagame with Mareanie is a significant boon. Earthquake hits Chinchou, Pawniard and Fire-types. Iron Head is for secondary STAB. Thief hits Frillish if you really don't like spinblockers and is overall useful in a metagame where Knock Off is prevalent. Icicle Crash is sometimes better over Icicle Spear because you really don't want to Icicle Spear a Mudbray. Snowshrew will be slower than most other Choice Scarf users and cannot deal with most Fighting-types, especially Timburr. --Dracoyoshi8
Scraggy @ Eviolite / Berry Juice
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 36 HP / 156 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab / Head Smash / Drain Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Dragon Dance

Definitely one of the scariest sweepers to face at the moment because of how Fletchling and Cottonee no longer shut it down, but I don't think it's broken just yet. It plays similarly to last gen but a stronger yet frailer metagame may mean that Drain Punch isn't as necessary. Poison Jab lets it always beat standard Cottonee after it has set up now that it's immune to Prankster Encore, Head Smash gets around Fire-types and bulky Vullaby, and both hit Cutiefly hard, though Poison Jab doesn't OHKO bulky variants of Cutiefly even after a boost. Berry Juice didn't see much use last gen but if you're not running Drain Punch, turning some 2HKOs into 3HKOs can be helpful at the cost of some 2HKOs becoming OHKOs as well. --Corporal Levi
Stufful @ Berry Juice
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Atk / 196 Def / 116 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Brick Break
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

This Pokémon can fit very well on balance teams, which they require Stufful's ability to be a sponge for physical hits. The EV spread allows Stufful to reach 25 HP, which it's pretty good, 196 EVs in Def and 116 EVs in SpD give it a bulk of 14/14, and the remaining EVs in Atk to have a bit of power. Due to its lack of recovery, it brings a Berry Juice, which is important to keep it alive. Bulk Up helps to get some extra bulk, Brick Break as a decent STAB move, and Earthquake and Rock Slide for coverage. --Altariel von Sweep
Spinarak @ Eviolite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Toxic Thread
- Megahorn
- Sucker Punch / Poison Jab

Recently I've been using a ton of webs to support a lot of the Hyper-Offensive mons on my teams. I chose Spinarak because of the new Toxic Thread move that it has. Basically, it lowers the speed stat of the opponent and gives them a poison. Coupling this with webs gives Spinarak the opportunity to set webs on the next turn, or gives it the option to go for a powerful STAB Megahorn. Spinarak's natural bulk, coupled with an Eviolite, allows it to reliably set webs and could activate Swarm, which greatly increases the power of it's Megahorn. The last move is generally a filler, Sucker Punch is really nice for priority, but with all of the fairies running around lately, running Poison Jab is a solid option as well. --Coconut
Vullaby @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 SpA / 196 Spe
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird
- Heat Wave
- U-turn

Nasty Plot Vullaby could be really cool with the buff to Weak Armor and nerf to Fletchling, but I haven't tested it out much. Scarf Vullaby is pretty nice at the moment because it can revenge-kill Scraggy on top of its usual perks of being fairly difficult to switch into and being relatively bulky for a Scarf user, though it has to choose between cleanly OHKOing Scraggy using a + Attack nature or actually outspeeding +1 Scraggy to begin with using a + Speed nature, so + Speed is probably better. --Corporal Levi
Shirayuki (Vulpix-Alola) (F) @ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 200 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Moonblast
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard

OO: Aurora Veil, Encore, Substitute + Disable (coming soon), Hex (also coming soon bc im trash)

+ PERFECT COVERAGE
+ STAB prio tho
? TECHNICALLY IT HAS LESS WEAKNESSES THAN SNOVER AND AMAURA BUT WE CANT REALLY ACCEPT THAT POINT CAN WE??
- Doesnt have cute resistances like Snover or Amaura
- 17 speed is so ahhh frustrating --Jac

Vulpix-Alola (F) @ Light Clay
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 76 HP / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast
- Ice Shard / Encore

Vulpix is so horribad as a special attacker and it's so lackluster as a hail mon too compared to snover, so the most ideal use of this qt is to work as a aurora veil supporter. Light clay adds more turns to Aurora Veil and it still lasts after Hail finishes! Blizzard is bad because you need icy rock and because it means you have to run both ice stabs, freeze dry is usually does the job well alone. Reason I put Ice shard in was because of all these abras but if you hate cutiefly and such you can put in encore too (but you'll never get to use it anyways). Vulpix is so adorable ~ --Pikasohn
Yungoos @ Berry Juice
Ability: Stakeout
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 176 Def
Jolly Nature
- Yawn
- Pursuit
- Thief
- Return

As with most Stakeout sets that were floating around the Yungoos/Gumshoos thread, this requires some prediction skills, but it would typically pay off. The idea is to Yawn a Pokemon and then force the opponent to choose between a monstrously strong Pursuit or having one of their team temporarily crippled. Return is for STAB, and Thief is for grabbing an Eviolite after you use your berry juice alá Snubbull. In addition, most of the checks to this set (Pawniard, Mienfoo, etc.) are countered by Stamina Mudbray. This seems like a solid set to me. --Schmedly

Last edited:

Coconut

W
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
LC Leader

Spinarak @ Eviolite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Toxic Thread
- Megahorn
- Sucker Punch / Poison Jab

Recently I've been using a ton of webs to support a lot of the Hyper-Offensive mons on my teams. I chose Spinarak because of the new Toxic Thread move that it has. Basically, it lowers the speed stat of the opponent and gives them a poison. Coupling this with webs gives Spinarak the opportunity to set webs on the next turn, or gives it the option to go for a powerful STAB Megahorn. Spinarak's natural bulk, coupled with an Eviolite, allows it to reliably set webs and could activate Swarm, which greatly increases the power of it's Megahorn. The last move is generally a filler, Sucker Punch is really nice for priority, but with all of the fairies running around lately, running Poison Jab is a solid option as well.

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Some things I've been messing around with:

Munchlax @ Berry Juice
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 76 Atk / 196 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recycle
- Return / Body Slam
- Earthquake / Curse / Pursuit / Fire Punch
- Whirlwind

This is one of the better Cutiefly answers imo. Most other switchins either have trouble against important Baton Pass recipients or fall to boosted LO coverage moves. Munchlax effortlessly wins 1v1s against pretty much any Cutiefly variant, and can phaze it if it tries to Baton Pass (though it does struggle against Cutiefly Baton Passing to Lileep or Natu). It's also a great answer to Baton Pass chains, Z-Conversion Porygon, and of course, all the Special attackers it usually checks. The EVs let it survive Scarf Doduo's Jump Kick from full health and LO Salandit's +2 Sludge Wave after Stealth Rock. I like Return over Body Slam to deal enough damage to reliably outstall Roost on bulky Cutiefly in case it's the last mon instead of relying on full para from Body Slam, and usually run Earthquake to hit Steel-types and Salandit harder, but I imagine the other coverage moves work fine as well.

Dwebble @ Eviolite
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Atk / 156 Def / 156 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rock Blast
- Knock Off

This was floating around towards the end of ORAS as an alternative to Omanyte, but I think that with the new metagame and mechanics, it's no longer an alternative but rather the best at what it does. Firstly, Flying- and Fire-type resistances aren't as important anymore, so Omanyte's defensive niche is lessened; Rufflet, Doduo, and Pikipek all carry coverage moves that annihilate Omanyte, and the presence of Mudbray and Mareanie means Ponyta is less prevalent. On the other hand, Dwebble's neutrality to Fighting means it's a guaranteed to switch into birds at least once, and its neutrality to Fighting, Grass, and Ground lets it avoid being counter-led by Scarf Gothita and Scarf Mienfoo, both of which are on the rise, as well as Diglett. The hazards metagame itself doesn't seem to have changed much, except that Stealth Rock is more important than ever now that it almost completely shuts down Fletchling, and Drilbur could become a bit less prominent now that it is forced to stack weaknesses with both Mudbray and Diglett (although it has a different niche so that might not be the case). One mechanics change that benefits both Dwebble and Omanyte is the buff to Weak Armor; at +2, they can outspeed up to 18 Speed Choice Scarf users, granting them even more opportunities to get multiple layers up.

Scraggy @ Eviolite / Berry Juice
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 36 HP / 156 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab / Head Smash / Drain Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Dragon Dance

Definitely one of the scariest sweepers to face at the moment because of how Fletchling and Cottonee no longer shut it down, but I don't think it's broken just yet. It plays similarly to last gen but a stronger yet frailer metagame may mean that Drain Punch isn't as necessary. Poison Jab lets it always beat standard Cottonee after it has set up now that it's immune to Prankster Encore, Head Smash gets around Fire-types and bulky Vullaby, and both hit Cutiefly hard, though Poison Jab doesn't OHKO bulky variants of Cutiefly even after a boost. Berry Juice didn't see much use last gen but if you're not running Drain Punch, turning some 2HKOs into 3HKOs can be helpful at the cost of some 2HKOs becoming OHKOs as well.

Vullaby @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 SpA / 196 Spe
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird
- Heat Wave
- U-turn

Nasty Plot Vullaby could be really cool with the buff to Weak Armor and nerf to Fletchling, but I haven't tested it out much. Scarf Vullaby is pretty nice at the moment because it can revenge-kill Scraggy on top of its usual perks of being fairly difficult to switch into and being relatively bulky for a Scarf user, though it has to choose between cleanly OHKOing Scraggy using a + Attack nature or actually outspeeding +1 Scraggy to begin with using a + Speed nature, so + Speed is probably better.

Mareanie @ Eviolite
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes / Recover
- Sludge Bomb / Venoshock / Recover
- Haze

Hates trappers, especially Gothita, which can directly switch into it, but it's still worth using on some teams because of how it blanket checks three huge types in Fairy, Fighting, and Fire, all the while supporting the team with Toxic Spikes and potentially getting off sick burns with Scald; a Regenerator mon with such good defensive typing is as effective as we thought it would be. Haze messes around with Baton Pass chains if you can avoid Gothita, as well as ensuring that Scraggy doesn't sweep. I'm not sure about the EV spread but it doesn't look to have a lot of other options; right now it hits 24 HP for a Regenerator number, 14 Def/14 SpD for Eviolite numbers, and 12 SpA and Modest since 12 SpA does make a difference over 11 SpA.

Pumpkaboo-Super @ Eviolite
EVs: 204 HP / 196 Def / 4 SpA / 76 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fire Blast
- Synthesis

I think that special Pumpkaboo-Super might become the standard since it actually beats Mudbray, otherwise Bullet Seed gives Mudbray a million Stamina and Mudbray stalls Pumpkaboo out with RestTalk. Fire Blast is a nice coverage move for Pawniard and Ferroseed, though they already don't appreciate Will-O-Wisp. I have a physically defensive EV spread right now because I just really don't like Mudbray but the usual specially defensive EV spread should work fine as well.

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LC Leader
Mudbray @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This isn't creative, but it's really good at being annoying. 25/14/14 bulk is ridiculous on it, and as Stamina boosts your defense higher it gets absurd. Knock Off users are 2HKOed and most of what would be good to hit Mudbray with aren't keen on switch in. It's so far only godly versus unprepared teams, but even prepared teams don't do that well against it unless they have a Staryu or something reliable. Nothing but immunities + pumpkaboo really take EQ well. Even without speed investment it hits 11 speed, which is lovely for hitting Trace Pory twice before it can recover (this is a solid counter to it) allowing for Mudbray to handle a weakened Pory. The solid bulk + rest makes it essentially a blanket check to all physical sweepers.

Porygon @ Normalium Z
Ability:Download
EVs: 40 Def / 80 SpA / 160 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tri Attack
- Psychic
- Conversion

I have been using this set a good bit and it works very well for me as a sweeper. This set takes advantage of Z-Move conversion which adds +1 to every stat. Psychic is used to hit fighting types, tri attack for stab, and hp fighting for pawniards. The evs are made so that once at +1 all the stats are even and the speed is made so you outspeed every unboosted pokemon (you hit 21 speed) and download makes you hopefully get another +1 in special attack. You can set this up on special attackers who dont want to take a hit from pory.

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
Mudbray @ Berry Juice
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Heavy Slam

No one else is posting it so I will lol. Mudbray uses its natural bulk and its ability, Stamina, to tank most shots and Berry Juice allows you to heal back to full once you get chipped down below 50%. Earthquake and Rock Slide give you edgequake coverage which is very good, Close Combat hits things like Munchlax, Porygon, and Ferroseed super hard, and Heavy Slam deals with fairy types. It doesn't have the longevity of the RestTalk set, but having coverage can be better at times.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Meowth-Alola @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Technician
EVs: 36 HP / 200 SpA / 40 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Parting Shot
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt

Wanted to try out meowth alola form, and this is the best I came up with. It's kinda cool as a fast attacker, and fast parting shot user. Taunt means cutiefly can't set up on you, and makes it a decent anti-lead. Darkinium-Z + Parting Shot works as Parting Shot and heals the switch in, which makes it really cool late game.

Because of it's speed, and typing it can check doduo, pawniard, CM goth which makes it okay in the current state of the metagame.

Buneary @ Normalium Z
Ability: Limber
EVs: 228 Atk / 4 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Splash
- Return
- Baton Pass
- Encore / Jump Kick

Again, this isn't amazing, but it's fun. Z-Splash means +3 attack, so Buneary can hit hard. When it comes against a Rock/Steel/Ghost type, it can just pass the boosts on thanks to it's naturally high speed. Good paired with Scarf attackers like Pawniard and Mienfoo. Encore just helps with set-up opportunities. Jump Kick could be used there instead to beat the Rock and Steel mons, but I like Encore for setting up.

Last edited:

Altariel von Sweep

They Who Laugh Last
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Messing around with Stufful and Salandit, I made good sets for them.

Stufful @ Berry Juice
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Atk / 196 Def / 116 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Brick Break
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

This Pokémon can fit very well on balance teams, which they require Stufful's ability to be a sponge for physical hits. The EV spread allows Stufful to reach 25 HP, which it's pretty good, 196 EVs in Def and 116 EVs in SpD give it a bulk of 14/14, and the remaining EVs in Atk to have a bit of power. Due to its lack of recovery, it brings a Berry Juice, which is important to keep it alive. Bulk Up helps to get some extra bulk, Brick Break as a decent STAB move, and Earthquake and Rock Slide for coverage.

Salandit @ Life Orb
EVs: 84 Atk / 192 SpA / 220 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 3 HP / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Flame Charge

This Pokémon can be very dissapointing at first sight, due to its weakness to trappers, but it can be a good choice for offensive teams. Salandit runs 3 IVs in HP for get 19 HP and minimize the Life Orb's recoil. Its EV spread allows it to hit hard on both sides, and it runs a Hasty nature to take advantage of the Attack. Flamethrower and Sludge Wave as principal STABs, can deal a frightening damage to some Pokémon. HP Ground deals against mirror match-ups, and Flame Charge helps to beat trappers and Cutiefly on the switch, receiving a +1 Speed boost to outspeed them and sweep in order.

Last edited:
Some Yungoos sets that might be of use:

Stakeout Set
Yungoos @ Berry Juice
Ability: Stakeout
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 82 Def
Jolly Nature
- Yawn
- Pursuit
- Thief
- Return

As with most Stakeout sets that were floating around the Yungoos/Gumshoos thread, this requires some prediction skills, but it would typically pay off. The idea is to Yawn a Pokemon and then force the opponent to choose between a monstrously strong Pursuit or having one of their team temporarily crippled. Return is for STAB, and Thief is for grabbing an Eviolite after you use your berry juice alá Snubbull. In addition, most of the checks to this set (Pawniard, Mienfoo, etc.) are countered by Stamina Mudbray. This seems like a solid set to me.

Strong Jaw Set
Yungoos @ Berry Juice
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 176 HP / 176 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hyper Fang
- Crunch
- U-Turn
- Super Fang/Thief

This would be an Adaptability set, but I thought that pseudo-STAB on a move that's neutral vs. Steel-types was better than a boosted Return. Hyper Fang is power, U-Turn is for getting out of sticky situations (curse you, shallow moveset!), and the last slot is for either efficient health reduction with Super Fang or replacing your Berry Juice with Thief.

Last edited:

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Updated through the bottom and added the following sets from the metagame thread:
hiya

im bad but i still had some fun thanks to mad0ka rhydonphilip and PD for testin with me

Sylvia (Morelull) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Def / 76 SpA / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Strength Sap
- Thunder Wave / Moonblast

+ 16/16 defenses
+ Resistances: Dark, Electric, Fighting, Grass, Ground, Water cute as fuck
+ Double "Powder" makes it really feel like a mushroom and Twave while being less accurate nails Overcoat mons and Grass-types
- SLOW
- WEAK TO SO MUCH AHH double weakness to Poison really hurts

Asmuth (Geodude-Alola) (M) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Galvanize
EVs: 240 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide
- Volt Switch

+ Great Coverage
+ Return is weaker than Double-Edge but you dont lose HP for using it
+ Return is weaker than SelfDestruct/Explosion but you dont lose your Geodude for using it
+ Slow VS to a sweeper yas
- You see this typing tho?
- Seriously this is bad but it has a few cute things to it

Shirayuki (Vulpix-Alola) (F) @ Icy Rock
EVs: 200 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Moonblast
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard

OO: Aurora Veil, Encore, Substitute + Disable (coming soon), Hex (also coming soon bc im trash)

+ PERFECT COVERAGE
+ STAB prio tho
? TECHNICALLY IT HAS LESS WEAKNESSES THAN SNOVER AND AMAURA BUT WE CANT REALLY ACCEPT THAT POINT CAN WE??
- Doesnt have cute resistances like Snover or Amaura
- 17 speed is so ahhh frustrating

Toxxix (Mareanie) @ Eviolite
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Venoshock / Sludge Wave
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes / Haze

+ CUTE but rip no sprite yet
+ 14/14 defenses arent bad and get the job done
+ Regen + 50% recovery is gdlk
+ Venoshock ensures it's not getting fucked with but is inconstant if the enemy has a cleric or you aint poisonin shit run some trappers yall
- No answers for Gunk like shit it's stuck vs Gunk
- Trapped
The one thing I didn't add is Schmedly's second set. Can you explain how Yungoos outclasses other physical attackers without stakeout?

Thanks for sharing sets guys!

The one thing I didn't add is Schmedly's second set. Can you explain how Yungoos outclasses other physical attackers without stakeout?

Thanks for sharing sets guys!
Fair enough. Yungoos' role as a pseudo-trapper is rather niche, but at least it does it well.

Also, how about an Alolan Grimer set while I'm here?

Grimer @ Eviolite
EVs: 176 HP / 176 Atk / 252 Def
Brave Nature
- Payback
- Curse
- Poison Jab/Gunk Shot
- Shadow Sneak

There's a slight gimmick with this set of Brave Nature + Curse to almost ensure a Payback boost, which can be dicey. However, I particularly like this set because:
1. Stat boosts
2. Sneaky Nature preplanning
3. Priority to offset the fact that you will be slow as all getup
As for the moves, either Gunk Shot or Poison Jab for STAB, and everything else was just explained. Also, Mudbray is an ideal teammate because A-Grimer eats Grass type moves, and Mudbray stops Pawniard from walling A-Grimer.

If gimmicks aren't your thing, though...

Grimer @ Eviolite
EVs : 176 HP / 176 Atk / 88 Def / 52 SpAtk / 16 SpDef
Lonely Nature
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot/Poison Jab
- Fire Blast
- Clear Smog/Memento

Knock Off and either Poison move of your choice are self-explanatory. Fire Blast is to Steel switch-ins, and the last slot is either Clear Smog to annoy setup sweepers (and Mudbray) or Memento to let something else in safely once A-Grimer is on its last legs.
NOTE: The SpAtk EVs might need to be adjusted to ensure a KO on Pawniard (or something close enough to easily revenge kill).

Last edited:
Pikipek Set
Pikipek @ Berry Juice
Adamant Nature
- Drill Peck
- Bullet Seed
- Brick Break
- Tailwind

Basically you attempt to get tailwind up safely, and once you do, you have near perfect coverage against possible threats and outspeed even most scarfed things. 15 speed without tailwind means sometimes its better to just attack, especially on predictions. Or if you think you are going down, might as well tailwind to help your teammates. EVs for 18 attack, 21 HP.

Last edited:
Pikipek Set
Pikipek @ Berry Juice
Adamant Nature
- Drill Peck
- Bullet Seed
- Brick Break
- Tailwind

Basically you attempt to get tailwind up safely, and once you do, you have near perfect coverage against possible threats and outspeed even most scarfed things. 15 speed without tailwind means sometimes its better to just attack, especially on predictions. Or if you think you are going down, might as well tailwind to help your teammates. EVs for 18 attack, 21 HP.
Maybe an offensive Pikipek set could run Fury Attack > Tailwind. But that's just an idea ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Altariel von Sweep

They Who Laugh Last
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Incredible that anyone hasn't done Cutiefly yet. Well, I'll leave a set that worked for me:

Cutiefly @ Eviolite/Berry Juice
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Def / 76 SpA / 36 SpD / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Quiver Dance
- Roost/Psychic
- Baton Pass

This set's function is to pass Quiver Dance's boosts to a special sweeper, like Porygon, Magnemite or Salandit, as examples, and it's also difficult to pressure it, becoming one of the best Baton Passers that we have now. Its EV spread takes advantage of its Speed tier 19 to setup, 116 EVs in Defense to resist overall some physical attacks, knowing that it already has some extra special bulk after a Quiver Dance, 36 HP for reach an odd number (21), and remaining EVs on SpA for hit a little bit. It can bring Eviolite or Berry Juice, depending on the team. Quiver Dance gives Cutiefly a +1 boost in SpA, SpD and Speed, Moonblast is a reliable STAB attack which can deal a great damage to Fighting-types, and Baton Pass, to pass the aforementioned boosts. If you think that your team is weak to Poison-types like Croagunk, Gastly and Salandit, you can slash Psychic over Roost, to have coverage against them, along with Berry Juice to have a way to recover. Roost is used as a good recovery, along with the Eviolite, to get some bulk.

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Let's talk about how cute the ability Slush Rush sounds

Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance / Rapid Spin

to be completely honest, Snowshrew doesn't really have much in the way of coverage. ya gotta run dual STAB, ya gotta run EQ for coverage on steels and Mareanie and other things like that, and ya gotta have Shadow Claw for your Pumpkaboos, i guess. (e: i guessed wrong.) the fourth move is pretty open, you can slash (heh) SD, Sub, Rapid Spin or even Aurora Veil if it works the way i think it does (can only be activated in hail and persists for five turns even if hail is gone after?) if it doesn't work that way drop the option for pure snowy damage

Last edited:
Let's talk about how cute the ability Slush Rush sounds

Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

to be completely honest, Snowshrew doesn't really have much in the way of coverage. ya gotta run dual STAB, ya gotta run EQ for coverage on steels and Mareanie and other things like that, and ya gotta have Shadow Claw for your Pumpkaboos, i guess. the fourth move is pretty open, you can slash (heh) SD, Sub, or even Aurora Veil if it works the way i think it does (can only be activated in hail and persists for five turns even if hail is gone after?) if it doesn't work that way drop the option for pure snowy damage
236+ Atk Life Orb Sandshrew Icicle Crash vs. 204 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 18-26 (72 - 104%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
(18, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 26)

236+ Atk Life Orb Sandshrew Shadow Claw vs. 204 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 13-16 (52 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage
(13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 16)

I don't think shadow claw is necessary for pumpkaboo. I'd say SD/Sub/maybe aurora veil is best in the third slot

Coconut

W
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
LC Leader
236+ Atk Life Orb Sandshrew Icicle Crash vs. 204 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 18-26 (72 - 104%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
(18, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 26)

236+ Atk Life Orb Sandshrew Shadow Claw vs. 204 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 13-16 (52 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage
(13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 16)

I don't think shadow claw is necessary for pumpkaboo. I'd say SD/Sub/maybe aurora veil is best in the third slot
Or just Rapid Spin...but what do I know.

Litten @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Taunt / Will-O-Wisp
- U-turn

Offensive Pivot with a great speed of 19 i think this set can work on different style of team

innovamania

WEESNAWW
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Credits to http://maplebranchwing.deviantart.com/ for the art

Grimer-Alola @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Gunk Shot/Poison Jab
- Knock Off

Since no one has done this guy yet here's a set that I've been experimenting with. This thing is actually one of the few decent alola forms usable in lc. Poison/Dark is an interesting typing giving it a sole weakness to ground but also lets it resist the stabs of the pokemon it wants to pursuit trap (abra, gastly, pumpkaboo, etc.) EV's are simple, you just want to maximize your bulk with particular interest towards special defense since the pokemon you want to check/trap are ussually special attackers. Max attack adamant allows you to hit hard as possible since alolan grimer's attack is actually really good. with the bulk a lo abra dazzling gleam has 0 chance to 2hko after you rocks. Moveset is also pretty standard. Pursuit to eliminate ghosts and psychics for your team, gunk or pjab for your poison stab, knock off because its one of the things grimer has over stunky and just a good move in lc and the last slot is pretty much filler. I like explosion because even a non stab explosion does a good amount of damage, Shadow Sneak gives you some form of priority even tho its weak as hell since its non stab and fire blast if you really want a way to hit pawniard. If you do run Fire Bast then change the nature to brave and move the 36 evs from def to sp. attack. The perks of this over stunky is more bulk, knock off, and higher attack at the cost of speed and defog and sucker punch

Last edited:
I already prepaired a nice assortment of sets for this generation so i will fill-up what hasn't been said yet.

Rowlett @ Eviolite / Berry Juice
Ability: Long Reach
EVs: 172 HP / 236 Atk / 36 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Leaf Blade / Baton Pass
- Roost / Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance

This cute little own might suprise you if you still have thoughts of it's ''horrible'' typing. Having acces to Swords Dance, usefull offensive typing that only loses to Pawniard/Magnemite, reliable recovery to pair with it's good enough defences and to top it all off acces to Baton Pass. This pokemon isn't the easiest mon to use as it's type does have issues as well as a lack in speed. But don't let that get you down, look at Rowlett's cute face and you will instantly have confidence again to sweep the opponant. Long Reach is a nice ability, it makes you immune to Flame Body/Iron Barbs.

Pumpkaboo-Small @ Ghostium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 228 Atk / 36 Def / 4 SpA / 228 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Fire Blast / Rock Slide
- Shadow Sneak / Shadow Ball
- Trick-or-Treat

Might look bad at first but I can assure you it's something to not underestimate. Having a decent amout of active pokemon in the metagame to set up on like Ground Types or Rock types this mon can get up a Z-powered Trick-or-Treat, turn the opponant in a dual or triple type with Ghost making Shadow Sneak less pathetic then it currently is and boosting all stats by +1. You hit 25 Att, 17 SpA and 21 Speed allowing you to pose a threat. Fire blast hits Pawniard/Ferroseed for a 2HKO/1HKO respectively. Shadow Sneak/Ball either give decently powerfull priority or a strong coverage option even if it's just from 17 spA.

Rattata-Alola @ Life Orb
EVs: 228 Atk / 76 Def / 180 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch / Crunch
- Crunch / Pursuit
- Return
- Revenge / U-turn / Crunch

Idk what you people have been sleeping on but this thing isn't as bad as it's Kanto brother. Having acces to Hustle it can do heavy amouts of damage with what ever move it uses. Normal-Dark isn't a bad type combo, infact it allowes return to 2HKO any answere to either of the 2 types with the single exception of Pawniard who resists both. Fairy type/Fight Types are 2HKO/1HKO'd by Return, Rock/Steel types are hit very hard by Crunch/Sucker and if rocks are up they are offen 1HKO'd. Pursuit is a nice option if the opponant thinks he can switch out for free. Revenge can 1HKO Pawniard but lacks on the 2HKO vs Ferroseed. U-turn is momentum. Now the main issue I have with it is reliability as any move even Pursuit/U-turn are a gamble to hit thanks to hustles 80% accuracy curse. But with LO, 17 Speed and this much attack, I am willing to take that gamble Team Rockett Game Corner style.

Sandygast @ Eviolite
Ability: Water Compaction
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Def / 236 SpA / 76 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge
- Shore Up

Not too bad offensively having very nice coverage with just Ghost + Ground, sadly this can't hit Flying/Normal or hit Flying/Dark for any good damage.
Stone Edge allowes you to 2HKO even Defensive Vullaby(If Stealth Rocks are up) so it's suitable coverage. As last some suggested Rock Polish. it's too slow for that so shore up, a new recovery move, is the best remaining option. Shore up allowes it to outclass Golett, be more durable as a bulky attacker and wall a select few pokemon.

Dewpider @ Eviolite
EVs: 212 HP / 100 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Lunge
- Scald
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Allot of people might get mad seeing it has no attack investment but having no investment still allows Scald to reliably 3HKO any pokemon resistant or not.
Lunge makes physical attackers even more afraid of this mon as it drops the opponents physical attack. It also allows you to beat CM Goth 1v1. Scald Burns and very slowly chips damage while you try to recover up. The typing isn't great but it's good enough to not be prone to Trappers making it more reliable as a Rest-Talker. The insane ability Water Bubble doubles damage for water attacks and gives you an extra layer of fire resistance. Making this pokemon have a nice assortment of mons to wall reliably. This might be the second best Rest-Talk user we have obtained this gen bar Mudbray.

And finally because I am already posting too many sets:
Wimpod @ Berry Juice / Eviolite
Ability: Wimp Out
EVs: 156 HP / 116 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leech Life
- Scald
- Spikes
- Taunt

Wimpod fills a compairable role as Venipede as an offensive spike setter but has the usefull Wimp out ability to gain momentum. Pair it with a Trapper and you can reliably ensure hazards as well as support for a large assortment of pokemon that want this support.
Taunt makes you able to prevent being set up bait, Scald can Burn + hit sturdy broken mons. Leech Life atleast has some damage output but is still weak.
Berry Juice increases durability overall where as Eviolite increases durability vs Knock Off mons. Not a good mon, but it has a use.

Edit notice for Nineage
I had to change Flame Wheel to Revenge on Rattata-Alola so I also sighly changed it's description. Sorry for the inconvenience I went under the assumption it learned this rather strange move like it's Kanto varient.
I drop Sandygast/Wimpod, even in there description I explained the mons aren't all that good even with the set that I assume to be there best utility.

Last edited:

Grimer-Alola @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Gunk Shot/Poison Jab
- Knock Off

Since no one has done this guy yet here's a set that I've been experimenting with. This thing is actually one of the few decent alola forms usable in lc. Poison/Dark is an interesting typing giving it a sole weakness to ground but also lets it resist the stabs of the pokemon it wants to pursuit trap (abra, gastly, pumpkaboo, etc.) EV's are simple, you just want to maximize your bulk with particular interest towards special defense since the pokemon you want to check/trap are ussually special attackers. Max attack adamant allows you to hit hard as possible since alolan grimer's attack is actually really good. with the bulk a lo abra dazzling gleam has 0 chance to 2hko after you rocks. Moveset is also pretty standard. Pursuit to eliminate ghosts and psychics for your team, gunk or pjab for your poison stab, knock off because its one of the things grimer has over stunky and just a good move in lc and the last slot is pretty much filler. I like explosion because even a non stab explosion does a good amount of damage, Shadow Sneak gives you some form of priority even tho its weak as hell since its non stab and fire blast if you really want a way to hit pawniard. If you do run Fire Bast then change the nature to brave and move the 36 evs from def to sp. attack. The perks of this over stunky is more bulk, knock off, and higher attack at the cost of speed and defog and sucker punch
Hate to whine, but I did it too :)

I just realized something: what is a Pokemon that convention has deemed unviable despite its wide movepool? CUBCHOO. And with Slush Rush being a thing now...

Cubchoo @ Eviolite/Berry Juice
EVs: 82 HP / 176 Atk / 126 SpAtk / 126 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Superpower/Power-Up Punch
- Play Rough
- Surf

This would be your physical sweeper on a hail team because of its large speed stat (think approx. Aipom fast) and pretty good attack stat. As for the moves, Ice Punch is obligatory STAB, either Fighting type move is for Steel and Rock coverage, Play Rough is for the likes of Mienfoo, and Surf is for Fire types and Mudbray. An ideal teammate would be Aurora Veil Snow Warning A-Vulpix (Obviously. Either that, or Snover).

Or maybe A-Sandshrew is way better. I just want to see Cubchoo used.

Grimer-Alola @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Gunk Shot/Poison Jab
- Knock Off

Great set but I think your EVs are a little messed up.
You've got 44 unnecessary EVs in Attack, which can instead be put straight into Special Attack for the sake of those running Fire Blast.
This then means you can keep the 36 Defense EVs whether you're running Fire Blast or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)