Propose-a-Game / Request-a-Host Thread

To refresh the idea here is to split the game into teams as well as faction divisions. Everybody knows who is on their team and is part of a group conversation. It is NOC outside of this and the thread. The mafia is thrown a curveball as they are not told the idenitity of all maf members. All the mafia (and the town) have to go on is the fact that their teammates are probably in the same faction. Pretty much got the roles and rules down pact - all I need is some interest

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thinking of hosting some standalone non-mafia games, similar to Genius Game main matches or BassGames. One I currently have in mind is called Safecracker, with very simple rules.

1. Each player that signs up (game has variable size) is given a password to the safe. The first player to correctly PM the host with each player's password unlocks the safe and becomes the winner.
2. Players can perform up to 2 possible actions each cycle out of the following: Investigate, Super Investigate, Misinform, Verify, or Disrupt. Players can double up on the same action or use two different ones.
2a. Investigate: Target a player, learn that player's password.
2b. Super Investigate: Target a player, learn that player's password. This can get the target's real password even if they are Misinforming. This counts as performing two actions.
2c. Misinform: Set a fake password for any players that Investigate you that cycle.
2d. Verify: PM the host with a player and a password, verify if that password is correct.
2e. Disrupt: Target a player, that player's Investigate, Super Investigate, and Verify actions will fail this cycle, unless they were successfully Disrupted the previous cycle.
3. No screenshotting, and other similar standard rules.

I'd like to see how many people are interested in this. If you are potentially interested, like this post.

I have said it before OVER NINE THOUSAND TIMES and I will say it again..

Acid City's Trouble needs 1-2 co-host(s)

PM me so I can show you the most recent version of the game.

UncleSam

Leading this village
zorbees: any chance that game could be run using anon aliases to reduce name-targeting? You could probably include some additional strategic options that would interact with that aspect as well (like an alias check on someone, misinform giving the wrong player or nonsense, and probably some counter to disrupt which might become too op).

Residays I'll help you out PM me a link to the sheet or whatever you have.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Forum Witty: Each player submits some sort of writing prompt to the host. Starting with one picked randomly, each prompt is given a round. A round consists of a 48 hour period to write a story based on the prompt (probably with some sort of word limit), and a period of voting that lasts until each player has voted. Who wrote which story and who voted for who is revealed, and the next round starts.

It's kinda like IRC witty, which is competitive joketelling, except it's competitive storytelling instead and it's played on a forum with longer timeframes.

Hosting this would be super easy, so I'm curious how much interest there is. The formula can also be messed with in a lot of ways to potentially make it more interesting.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
I had drawn up the idea of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door Mafia, as seen in the games listing, (all I had basically done was put together a possible list of role names for each faction), but now I've started to do some more work on it. I've converted it to multi-faction and am working on all of the particulars.

What I want is a co-host who can help mainly with flavor and keeping the game running smoothly once it starts. I'm also interested in interesting role ideas and potentially some input on game balance, but those less so. PM me on IRC, Smogon, or Showdown (in order of preference), or post here if interested.
Bumping this because I had put this game on hold but am ready to put it out soon.

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
Now that forum witty is over, how would you guys like Community Cards Against Humanity? I would need a bunch of cohosts due to my busy schedule and it likely couldn't start until the end of the term but yall would get to submit the black and white cards for a cards against humanity deck and then we would play with it :] not really sure how we would do it but it seems like a really good idea

Now that forum witty is over, how would you guys like Community Cards Against Humanity? I would need a bunch of cohosts due to my busy schedule and it likely couldn't start until the end of the term but yall would get to submit the black and white cards for a cards against humanity deck and then we would play with it :] not really sure how we would do it but it seems like a really good idea
CAH was played here before. If you scroll down, there's a thread for it. But the thread is dead, and it'd be nice to create new games. I'm in.

I would appreciate any Co-Host amount for Siege, since I am the only one and it requires some good activity while my timezone seems to be far from Siege.

Either shoot me a PM or post in the thread, I can use Steam, Skype, Discord and IRC for faster contact.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
looking for a temporary cohost to help me out Tarantino mafia. you'd have zero responsibilities after this sunday (barring extenuating circumstances). PM/message me ASAP, i'd like to get signups posted

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
In a near future I hope be running a POKEMON MYSTERY DUNGEON role playing game using D&D 5E and HEAVY HOMEBREW (e.g. pokemon replacing races, moves mostly replacing weapons). while a lot still has to be figured out, I am posting this to gauge interest. Like this post if you would be interested in playing, contact me anywhere if you have a character concept in mind so me and my cohost can prepare for it.

Gonna be running something on another site first, but I've been thinking about two ideas for the circus:

1) Popcorn-style mafia game
2) Adapting the Chaos variant (Town vs Mafia vs Cult) of Resi's ACT set-up into a proper Multifaction game. Might pull that off by blending ACT with Fire and Ice setup, but I still need to figure out how to adapt the neutrals.

RE: prospect #2 in previous post, thought it over some more.

1 town group
2 separate mafia groups
2 separate cults (ACT version of cult is non-suicide, with a set cap for number of members and a special night action mechanic of recruiting certain roles and killing others)
and
limit all other neutrals to:
SKs
Bounty Hunters (Amnesiac analogue)
Actors (a one-shot SK that then becomes their victim's role/faction)

Definitely gonna run the popcorn first. I've got/am getting some experience with running the ACT setup rn, but I'd like to get more experience before I try to crank the setting up to 11.

Requesting a cohost for the aforementioned Popcorn game, preferably one that has a remarkable difference in time zones (4 or better), to cover the possibility of cycles ending while I'm not available. My time zone is UTC-6.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I fully finished designing a game a bit ago, but I don't think it's very good.

It's called Morality Mafia. Like mission mafia, the team who succeeds at the most missions win. These missions are universal and known by all players:

Patience: One of two enemy teams must fully survive when the game is over to earn this point for your whole team. (Which team needs to survive for which team is publicly known)

Zeal: Lynch one player who has successfully night killed. (there are low kills but they WILL happen)

Chastity: Player must follow all rules. Each player who breaks a rule once loses a point. (any more and they are godkilled)

Kindness: Player must sheet an enemy with a valid updated info sheet (must be YOUR sheet). If there is ONE team sheet, only one player must sheet another. (will likely have a deadline so that people don't do this on the last night) (the host can forcefully sheet a player if they don't want an enemy to win this mission)

Liberality: Must give an enemy player an item. (also will likely have a deadline)

Temperance: Must have 0 items. (counted when game ends or time of death)

Humility: Help an enemy with a mission. Must declare in advance which enemy and which mission, and why your were vital to them succeeding.

Each player in a team can gain an individual virtue point for each virtue.

I've wracked my brain trying to make this better, but Humility sucks for a few reasons. Chastity is a cop-out. Patience might not even be a good mission to try to succeed at. I'd like the missions to reflect their perspective virtue, but I found these harder to come up with than I had hoped. I'm not looking for a cohost, just ideas.

The game is fully designed and would likely change little, but the missions need a rehaul.

Due to both my ISP deciding to disconnect everyone frequently and my modem failing after the constant blackouts I used to get, I urgently need host(s) for the following chat-games (Like forum games but take place in Discord):

https://discord.gg/uxC9fGJ (Strandaxy: Cooperative Survival Roguelike)
https://discord.gg/B4sPqfe (Epidemic: Cooperative Apocalyptic RPG)

You will have access to all information of the game, except for the fact that the session you will host will be separate from mine (This means that you can make your own story or anything else, but not continue my sessions.).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)