Sports Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

It wasn't all bad. It was mostly bad, but there were some moments:
Aero Star almost killing himself after he jumped from the rafters.

I like the Wagner Jr. and Psycho Clown match. The visage of the blood dripping off Psycho Clown's mask's tongue is a great visual of that match.

Hate Enzo all you want but he was right when he said he brought the Cruiserweight division back to relevance. The Crusierweight division now gets more attention (viewers & ratings) just because Enzo's there.

Pretty much mic skills > ring skills for relevance.
From WOL:

The top ten most-watched shows on the WWE Network this past week were: 1. No Mercy; 2. Raw Talk after No Mercy; 3. NXT on 9/20; 4. SummerSlam 2017; 5. Trail Blayzer (documentary on Alundra Blayze) 6. No Mercy pregame show; 7. Bobby Heenan Collection; 8. Storytime season two episode one; 9. WrestleMania 2017; 10. This Week in the WWE.
205 Live was 11th this past week, which was the show built around the Enzo and Neville face-to-face. It barely beat the 9/13 episode of NXT which would be in the period after the 9/20 episode had already aired.

From WOL:

The top ten most-watched shows on the WWE Network this past week were: 1. No Mercy; 2. Raw Talk after No Mercy; 3. NXT on 9/20; 4. SummerSlam 2017; 5. Trail Blayzer (documentary on Alundra Blayze) 6. No Mercy pregame show; 7. Bobby Heenan Collection; 8. Storytime season two episode one; 9. WrestleMania 2017; 10. This Week in the WWE.
205 Live was 11th this past week, which was the show built around the Enzo and Neville face-to-face. It barely beat the 9/13 episode of NXT which would be in the period after the 9/20 episode had already aired.
Low ratings but still more ratings than when Amore wasn't on the CW division. Also, the live crowds are now reacting to cruiserweight segments on Raw instead of the dead silence the cruiserweights always get. See: Enzo Amore's title celebration.

Not saying that Amore's the best cruiserweight (in-ring wise he's very far from that). I'm just saying that he's more charismatic than the rest of the division. And that's probably why WWE gave the title to him. Because he gets a reaction.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I was actually a touch nicer to No Mercy than Bergs:

(Preshow) Apollo Crews vs Elias [**1/4]
Intercontinental Championship: The Miz (c) vs Jason Jordan [**3/4]
Finn Balor vs Bray Wyatt [***]
RAW Tag Team Championship: Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins vs Sheamus & Cesaro [***3/4]
RAW Women's Championship: Alexa Bliss (c) vs Bayley vs Sasha Banks vs Nia Jax vs Emma [***1/2]
Roman Reigns vs John Cena [**3/4]
Cruiserweight Championship: Neville (c) vs Enzo [steaming pile of ass]
Universal Championship: Brock Lesnar (c) vs Braun Strowman [**]

While the ratings would have you think I enjoyed the show, I was overall left unsatisfied. Two very good matches and another fine one. Unfortunately the slow start and cliff jump after the mid-card just fucked me up.

At least Hell in a Cell is guaranteed to have one good match.

Conni

katharsis
This thread is pretty outdated so I'll post my personal opinions on how good I think the matches were in WWE PPVs from Hell In A Cell to Survivor Series, also Clash of Champs pretty close by so I might post about that in due time.

Hell In A Cell
  1. (P): Shelton Benjamin and Chad Gable vs. The Hype Bros (Mojo Rawley and Zack Ryder) - 1¾ stars
  2. The Usos (Jey Uso and Jimmy Uso) vs. The New Day (Big E and Xavier Woods) - 3½ stars
  3. Randy Orton vs. Rusev - 2 stars
  4. AJ Styles vs. Baron Corbin vs. Tye Dillinger - 2¾ stars
  5. Charlotte Flair (dq) vs. Natalya - 1½ stars
  6. Jinder Mahal vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - 1½ stars
  7. Bobby Roode vs. Dolph Ziggler - 2½ stars
  8. Shane McMahon vs. Kevin Owens - 3 stars
Overall: Good, although it didn't meet my standards

TLC: Tables, Ladders, and Chairs
  1. (P): Sasha Banks vs. Alicia Fox - 1½ stars
  2. Asuka vs. Emma - 2½ stars
  3. Cedric Alexander and Rich Swann vs. Gentleman Jack Gallagher and The Brian Kendrick - 1¾ stars
  4. Alexa Bliss vs. Mickie James - 2½ stars
  5. Enzo Amore vs. Kalisto - 1¾ stars
  6. Finn Bálor vs. AJ Styles - 3¾ stars
  7. Jason Jordan vs. Elias - 1 star
  8. Kurt Angle, Dean Ambrose, and Seth Rollins vs. The Miz, Braun Strowman, Kane, Cesaro and Sheamus - 3¾ stars

Overall: Needed more TLC matches or at least seperate table matches, chair matches, or ladder matches but good.

NXT TakeOver: War Games
  1. Ruby Riot vs. Sonya Deville - 2 stars
  2. Pete Dunne vs. Johnny Gargano - 2¾ stars
  3. Lars Sullivan vs. Kassius Ohno - 2 stars
  4. Aleister Black vs. The Velveteen Dream - 3¼ stars
  5. Ember Moon vs. Kairi Sane vs. Nikki Cross vs. Peyton Royce - 3 stars
  6. Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Drew McIntyre - 2½ stars
  7. The Undisputed Era (Adam Cole, Bobby Fish, and Kyle O'Reilly) vs. Authors of Pain (Akam and Rezar) and Roderick Strong vs. Sanity (Erick Young, Alexander Wolf, and Killian Dain - 4¼ stars

Overall: Pretty awesome, especially the main event, NXT TakeOver: War Games in my opinion was better than Survivor Series in most aspects... but not all.

Survivor Series
  1. (P): Elias vs. Matt Hardy - 1¼ stars
  2. (P:) Enzo Amore vs. Kalisto - 1¾ stars
  3. (P:) Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn vs. Breezango (Fandango and Tyler Breeze) - 1¾ stars
  4. The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, and Seth Rollins) vs. The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston, and Xavier Woods) - 3¼ stars
  5. Team Raw (Alicia Fox, Sasha Banks, Bayley, Asuka, and Nia Jax) vs. Team SmackDown (Becky Lynch, Naomi, Carmella, Natalya, and Tamina) (with Lana) - 2¼ stars
  6. Baron Corbin vs. The Miz - 2 stars
  7. The Usos (Jey Uso and Jimmy Uso) defeated Cesaro and Sheamus - 2½ stars
  8. Charlotte Flair vs. Alexa Bliss - 2½ stars
  9. Brock Lesnar vs. AJ Styles - 4 stars
  10. Team Raw (Kurt Angle, Braun Strowman, Finn Bálor, Samoa Joe, and Triple H) vs. Team SmackDown (Shane McMahon, Randy Orton, Bobby Roode, Shinsuke Nakamura, and John Cena) - 3½ stars
Overall: Great, some matches were rather bland / disappointing or not up to expectations, some were very great, especially match 9.

Let me know what you think of my ratings or what you thought of the matches of these pay-per views, I'm pretty curious to what you guys think.
Looking forward to Clash Of Champions and sooner.. Wrestle Kingdom 12!.

Also yeah surprise return for me... kind of
most likely not going to post about competitive Pokemon or anything of the sort for now and for a long time, however I'll stick around in the social parts of the forums but this probably doesn't matter since I'm long gone past relevance now ;)

TheEaterOfBergs

Pro Wrestling is the Best in the World.
Since this thread hasn't been touched in awhile I figured I would try something new and go back and watch some old PPVs and post my ratings of them here every once in awhile, So after randomizing my pick of what PPV I would start with I ended up with Backlash 2007. So here are my Ratings for each match and some of my thoughts.

Backlash 2007.jpg

World Tag Team Championship Match: The Hardy Boyz (c) vs. Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch - **¾
A fun match between both teams, Crowd was Hot for the Hardyz for most of the match.

Womens Championship Match: Melina (c) vs. Mickie James - **
Good athleticism from both Women in an overall decent match.

United States Championship Match: Chris Benoit (c) vs. MVP - ***¾
A really good match between Benoit and MVP, Some good technical wrestling and some hard hitting moves from both men.

ECW Championship Handicap Match: Mr. McMahon, Shane McMahon and Umaga vs. Bobby Lashley (c) - *
An ok match thats only really known for it's ending, Some decent action when Lashley and Umaga are in the ring but other than that it's not very good. Worst match of the night imo.

World Heavyweight Championship Last Man Standing Match: The Undertaker (c) vs. Batista - ***½
A hard hitting and brutal match and if it wasn't for the ending it would be rated a little higher.

WWE Championship Fatal 4-Way Match: John Cena (c) vs. Randy Orton vs. Edge vs. Shawn Michaels - ****
A really good 4-Way match with all 4 men putting in work especially in the last half of the match.

I'd say overall Backlash 2007 was a really solid PPV with the only real blemish being the Handicap Match. Every other match was good to great with the 4-Way and the US Title matches being the best of the bunch. Definitely 2 matches you should check out if you have the time.

Last edited:

Conni

katharsis
Predictions For Wrestlemania 34

This is a pretty lengthy post by the way so read with caution

Will do some predictions for the dontaku tours and other stuff as well so stay tuned for that if you're interested. Btw I'm not including the battle royales because those are usually rather hard to predict and also they're not really that popular either.

Cedric Alexander vs. Mustafa Ali: Cedric I think was originally planned to take the title of Enzo at the royal rumble but we guess we all know what happened there so I guess the tournament was another chance for cedric to prove himself once again that he can still become the #1 contender and finally take the title he was supposed to get a few months ago. Other than that, Cedric is really good in the ring and he has the fan's support despite lacking some charisma, but I really believe he'll improve on that once he becomes champion.

Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar (c): Ok, this is probably the most easy to predict since we all know how Vince thinks of the big dog. Lesnar's title run is over a year now and it seems sensible with all that pushing and foreshadowing the Reigns will be the man to put Lesnar down. Also Lesnar might or already have signed with UFC so he would most likely lose the title in that case unless something we didn't think of happens. I'm not happy or unhappy about this prediction but I guess a lot of people feel the same way.

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. AJ Styles (c) : Shinsuke Nakamura is very deserving of a push considering his skill in the ring and his popularity and presence in Japan. Styles vs. Nakamura happened at Wrestle Kingdom 10 and that was very very good, so if WWE can somehow recreate that then it would be very amazing and the King of Strong Style can finally show WWE's audience that he's not just some wrestler from Japan and that he has the ability to compete with the best of the best. Some say he's not ready, but a push like this would elevate people's trust in him and then the audience would hopefully understand how great Nakamura is.

Finn Bálor vs. The Miz (c) vs. Seth Rollins: Finn Bálor's Universal Championship reign was cut short, and he had a chance to get his rematch but failed, and then he found his way here. Finn is a great performer with great acrobatic ability and the croud loves him as seen in his entrances and moves. People say WWE is wasting Finn but now he can finally get his chance to win his second championship. Rollins may get grand slam if he wins here but I think he's already had a good title run, but Finn doesn't so it would be a good idea to have him win and finally have an adequate title run. If Miz retains, it could cause a singles storyline but then the fact that he is a few days away from breaking the longest overall reigning IC Champ won't be incorporated into a storyline, which if it is, it would be more interesting. Bálor deserves this so I think he'll win it.

Randy Orton (c) vs. Bobby Roode vs. Jinder Mahal vs. Rusev: Even though I think Bobby Roode's run was cut a little too short, I think that Orton's should suffer the same fate as, yes Roode may be more deserving of a US Champ than the already WWE veteran Orton, but I believe that they can incorporate interesting storylines with Orton's US run, and a loss at WrestleMania will make some people think Orton isn't as good as before, which may be true, but we don't want that to happen, and so does WWE. Orton still has a lot of potential to elevate newer talent, so by retaining at WresteMania and having an adequate run will allow the next US champ to have a career elevation, especially if they're new to WWE or in need of it. I'll bet Roode will probably be agian in the US title picture very soon in the future.

Asuka vs. Charlotte Flair (c): Asuka is predicted to have her undefeated streak end at next year's Wrestlemania or a tad bit earlier, but I don't see it ending at WrestleMania 34. Her NXT Women's run was very good and she was liked as a heel champion in NXT. Her streak may have ended good things such as Alexa and Braun which must remain canon, but I believe she still deserves the championship because she's ok with the crowd and her in ring abilities are worthy of watching. Maybe becoming champion again could also elevate her WWE image, it just takes time to be more used to Asuka and her winning streak could be interesting once she's champion with Carmella lingering around. Btw I don't think she's gonna cash-in at Wrestlemania, if she does she'll probably fail, I'm calling it.

Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Nia Jax: I think Jax will lose here because indeed she is deserving of a title run, but er in-ring is mainly featured on bochamania and usually criticized, I don't think its very good either. Her recent character shift from a monster heel to a sensitive face(ish) hurt by alexa's insults seems to be making her look emotionally weak, and thats not how people should think of Jax. I think Bliss will retain her to cement her as a commendable women's champion who doesn't just talk, but also proves it in the ring, and by beating her she could even use it to boast or heelish image. Bliss's reign may be long, but it would be interesting if it kept on going as Bliss makes herself looks like a more threatening champion than just being a champion clinging on to their belt and others for dear life. Its a nice heelish persona, but may be something like this can elevate her character even more.

Cesaro and Sheamus (c) vs. Braun Strowman (and ???): Even though Braun Strowman is being heavily pushed right now and the fans absolutely like him and his big sweaty hands. It's rather unlikely Braun Strowman could capture the titles but it all depends on his mystery partners. The Woken Hardyz are most likely going to wrestle who ever is raw tag team champion at the Greatest Royal Rumble but I don't think strowman and his partner would do it because Braun stands out more as a singles wrestler as a guy who just ploughs through everything. I can't imagine a person who would have good chemistry with Braun right now as a team, and it'll probably be used to elevate Cesaro and Sheamus and then elevate the team that'll take the titles even further.

The Bludgeon Brothers vs. The Usos (c) vs. The New Day: Luke Harper and Erick Rowan, the characterless Wyatt family boys who people didn't care about are now repackaged into chaotic hammer wielding powerhouses. They still may have no character, but that may indeed be their character. Mute powerhouses who like to destroy and injure, which sounds pretty badass to me. Their past characters may stain their current popularity, but by winning the titles they can redeem themselves as wrestlers people should actually care about and fill in for their blandness in character with their in ring terror and hammers.

Kurt Angle and Ronda Rousey vs. Triple H and Stephanie McMahon: Ronda Rousey's debut match and the 2018 feud between Angle and HHH finally brought to light in a match. Ever since Angle made his in-ring occasional return at TLC 2017, fans been wanting to see him fight The Rock or HHH one more time and now its here, only that its a mixed mag team with the additional hype of Ronda Rousey added. With Ronda and Kurt's popularity and progress in the story in context of the Authority, it'll be most likely they'll win and be able to establish Rousey as a top tier WWE star who's worthy of her position and Angle as someone who's still got it.

Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn vs. Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon: Obviously KO and SZ won't lose their WWE careers so they'll have to win. But thats not my only reason. This win be a good example of a feud where the bad guys actually won nicely, and silenced their critics. Of course they'll probably pin Shane McMahon to protect Daniel Bryan's potential return hype, which is also an interesting factor in this match. The heelish antics of the Yep Movement against the popularity of the Yes Movement and the SmackDown Live Authority would be a very interesting match.

Also of course if you didn't notice a lot of these Wrestlemania matches are actually very similar or mirroring each other, this may spark some backlash in the chats, but overall I think this is a very interesting and worthy card and totally worth it. Now the hard part is where to fit in a bathroom break? Have fun watching Wrestlemania, in 4 days!

Let me know if you agree or disagree with my predictions, I'd love to hear yours!

Last edited:
So like Conni I'm gonna do my own predictions for the Dontaku tours so here we go. Note: I'm only covering the title matches.
Road To Wrestling Dontaku (April 23rd): Los Ingobernables De Japon(BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi) vs Suzuki-gun(El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru) (c) - This match is for the IWGP Jr. Tag Titles. It should be a good match in comparison to the 3 ways as BUSHI & Hiromu will get more shine as well as Suzuki-gun being able to do their own thing. However, this match isn't necessarily easy to predict because as much as I want BUSHI & Hiromu to win, Best of The Super Juniors is right around the corner pretty much and I would peg Hiromu as an early favorite to win the tournament. So with that I would say El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru retain the titles.

Road To Wrestling Dontaku (April 24th): David Finlay vs "Switchblade" Jay White (c) - Ah the classic feud of David Finlay & Jay White. David Finlay has been lost in the shuffle within the past year due to not getting an excursion leaving him to be limited in terms of opportunities such as being put in undercard tag team matches and getting put in a makeshift team with Katsuya Kitamura in World Tag League. As for Jay White, his year was a polar opposite to Finlay's as he had a breakout match against Will Ospreay at ROH last year and would soon go on to return to NJPW as Switchblade after Tanahashi's match with Ibushi at Power Struggle. People would call Switchblade's return after Power Struggle underwhelming and I can't blame them. Sure he took the US title off Omega for the whole BC storyline to kick into full throttle but in terms of match quality, he lacks that breakout match in New Japan that can get him on the map. This could be the match to do it as these two were Young Lion rivals. This match is a bit easier to predict on paper since Finlay will probably be a filler defense for Jay White which makes me say "Switchblade" Jay White retains the title using the Blade Runner.

Road To Wrestling Dontaku (April 27th): Hirooki Goto (c) vs Juice Robinson - This is for the NEVER Openweight Championship and just so happens to be a rematch from last year's New Beginning in Sapporo show. That encounter is where Goto managed to get the best of Juice and retained his title back then. Since then, Goto has had to go through Minoru Suzuki whom he lost the title to on this same tour last year but only recently regained the title from Suzuki in a Hair vs Hair match. Juice has improved through leaps & bounds over the past year with one of his notable points being a terrific match with Kenny Omega in Kobe last year for the US title and also had a very strong showing in the New Japan Cup this year making the semi-finals before losing to Tanahashi. I'd say Juice has quite a lot of momentum right now and putting the championship on him would probably be the best move because otherwise he has nothing to do and in addition, Goto hasn't really done much with the belt and he doesn't need it. This is where I predict that Juice Robinson defeats Hirooki Goto to win the NEVER Openweight Championship using Pulp Friction.

Wrestling Hinokuni (April 29th): Killer Elite Squad(Davey Boy Smith Jr & Lance Archer) vs LIJ(EVIL & SANADA) (c) - A Wrestle Kingdom rematch here where LIJ managed to beat KES for the belts. This LIJ reign has been a bit slow in my eyes but that's more because EVIL got injured and hasn't really been able to do anything to help defend the titles. SANADA on the other hand, managed to get a solid semi-finals run in New Japan Cup like Juice this year until he fell to the Submission Master Zack Sabre Jr in his run of destruction. KES haven't done anything of note really since Wrestle Kingdom(unless you count Lance Archer spitting water at people and making children cry.) This could honestly go either way but I'm leaning towards EVIL & SANADA retaining the tag titles.

Minoru Suzuki (c) vs Tetsuya Naito: This is for the Intercontinental Championship also on the same show as the latter tag title match. This has been built to interestingly well but is too soon for these two to be clashing over the belt. If anything this should've been the Dominion match if Naito isn't going to fight Okada or Tanahashi but here we are. Suzuki had a horrible NEVER Openweight Championship reign last year and I'd put that on heavy Suzuki-gun interference(COUGH COUGH IIZUKA) but really has kicked it up a notch this year since and has put on classics with Goto, Tanahashi & Makabe respectively. Naito on the other hand has really lost some of his momentum since WK12 losing to Okada. Going from Okada to Taichi and then to a round 1 elimination from the New Japan Cup to Zack Sabre Jr. This is one of the trickiest matches to call because neither man should lose because first of all Suzuki is having a fantastic run with the IC title and it should continue since we had Naito destroy the IC title. But Naito shouldn't lose more momentum from his WK loss either. I'm gonna go with what I think NJPW will do because I think it's too soon for Naito to get the IC belt back to destroy it again and say Minoru Suzuki retains the IWGP Intercontinental Championship using the Gotch Style Piledriver.

Wrestling Dontaku Day 1 (May 3rd): Bad Luck Fale & Guerillas of Destiny(Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) (c) vs Marty Scurll & The Young Bucks - This has an intrigue factor to it due to it being Bullet Club vs Bullet Club and gives an unusual fuel to a NEVER 6 Man Tag Title match. I feel this might be easy to call but I'm gonna say Marty Scurll & The Young Bucks win the 6 man tag titles.

Wrestling Dontaku Day 2 (May 4th): KUSHIDA vs Will Ospreay (c) - This is for the Jr. Heavyweight title. Ospreay/KUSHIDA VI I believe which should be an absolute banger. Ospreay has stated he's laid the demons of Hiromu & Scurll to rest but needed to challenge KUSHIDA to prove that he can lay the demon of his nemesis to rest. Which way this will go I think is Ospreay retaining the title with the Oscutter but who knows if KUSHIDA will win the belt and possibly give us a Hiromu/KUSHIDA IV at Dominion.

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Kazuchika Okada (c) - The big match that everyone will end up talking about for the historic 12th record breaking defense of Okada. Tanahashi is the one in the way of that as he wants to make sure Okada isn't the one to break his record. This dates all the way back to New Beginning in 2012 where Okada stopped Tanahashi from making his 12th consecutive defense and now the roles are reversed but the question is. Can Tanahashi do what Okada did to him? My answer to that is I very much doubt it as I feel this is the time to cement Okada as the true ace properly. So as much as it dreads me to say it(I'm getting sick of this title reign) I think Kazuchika Okada retains using the Rainmaker.

And there culminates my Dontaku tour predictions. Thanks for reading if you did and I may decide to start rating matches and putting them on here as well as possibly doing more predictions.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Goddamn what a takeover, incredible night

6 man ladder match - 4.75 stars
moon vs bazsler - 3 stars
tag match - 3.25 stars
black vs almas - 4 stars
ciampa vs gargano - 5 stars

TheEaterOfBergs

Pro Wrestling is the Best in the World.
So now that we're almost done with April and heading into the month of May I decided to do another classic PPV review and this time I ended up with Judgment Day 2005, So here are my Ratings for each match and what I think of each match.

SFqmimm.jpg

WWE Tag Team Championship Match: MNM (c) vs. Charlie Haas and Hardcore Holly - **½
I honestly didn't even know that Charlie and Holly were a tag team at one point so I found that pretty interesting. But as far as the match is concerned It was better then I thought it would be, The crowd was really into Haas and Holly so that made this match a little more enjoyable in that respect.

Carlito w/ Matt Morgan vs. Big Show - *¼
An ok match, One thing I did like is the crowds reaction to Big Show delivering his signature Hand slaps to the chest of Carlito. Other than that the only real highlight is Matt Morgan hitting Big Show with an F5.

Cruiserweight Championship Match: Paul London (c) vs. Chavo Guerrero - ***¼
A really good match between the two, Some good heel work from Chavo and some great athleticism from Paul London. Definitely a match to watch in my opinion.

Kurt Angle vs. Booker - ***¾
This was the result of the storyline where Angle was acting like a pervert and wanted to sleep with Sharmelle to get into Bookers head.... yeah... this was an actual storyline. Anyways, This was a pretty physical match between the two, The action does pick up near the end but the one gripe I have with the match is the ending kinda comes out of nowhere. Other than that this Match is pretty good.

United States Championship Match: Orlando Jordan (c) vs. Heidenreich - ¾*
I did not realize Heindenreich stuck around this long, I thought he was gone by the start of 2005 but I guess I was wrong, Anyways that aside this match was pretty meh, Easily the worst match of the night imo and I'm surprised Heidenreich stuck around past this point. Oh and by the way... HEI-DEN-REICH!

Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio - ****
Out of all the matches on the card this one was the one I was most excited for and it lived up to my expectations, Even with the way it ended I was loving every second of it. Eddie was so good around this time and I wish he was still with us cause he was an awesome wrestler and had a great personality. A Hard hitting match with an equally hard hitting ending, These two told a great story and put on a heck of a match.

WWE Championship I Quit Match: John Cena (c) vs. JBL - ****¼
A brutal and bloody brawl, This match is not for those who hate blood because there is alot of it in this match. JBL really knows how to play the role of the asshole heel while Cena was really over with the crowd during this match. Some hard hitting spots these two really put it all on the line. A Must watch if you're a fan of either man I'd say this was the match of the night imo.

Overall this PPV was pretty good, Aside from the US Title match and Show vs. Carlito all the other matches were good to great.
You should definitely check out the Main event and Mysterio/Guerrero if you get a chance too. Those were the 2 best matches of the night.
Now so far I've gotten rather lucky with my first 2 PPV Reviews but next up I figured why not do a WCW PPV from 1999 to balance things out a bit.
So next time I will be reviewing WCW The Great American Bash 1999 because why the hell not.

Last edited:
Hello folks it's Incog here and as I stated in my dontaku predictions post there may be some reviews in the future on the way but fear not! As here today I'm doing a review for a PPV like bergs. This time around it's New Year's Revolution 2006(I'll most likely be reviewing 2006 PPVs first) where we have an Elimination Chamber main event. I'm gonna post my review & thoughts upon each match as well as ratings.

NYR 2006.jpg

Edge w/ Lita vs Ric Flair (c) WWE Intercontinental Championship - ***¼
This match was quite a fun opening match surprisingly as the crowd were quite hot to open the show. We had the typical Flair chop spots and also Edge working very well as a fantastic heel even Lita played off her heel heat well and it felt good when Flair locked in the Figure Four on her feeling like some comeuppance for Flair. The finish was quite good with Edge using the briefcase to pretty much kill Flair and Flair sold it well.

Mickie James vs Trish Stratus (c) WWE Women's Championship - **¾
This match was actually quite fun to watch as these two had good chemistry and produced a watchable match even though the story wasn't exactly the best story in the world. They had some good spots one of which was James hitting Stratusfaction and soaking up the reaction so Trish kicked out which was good. Fun match.

Gregory Helms vs Jerry "The King" Lawler - *
This was the worst match on the show at this point. Jerry Lawler doesn't exactly interest me in the ring with how old he is and Gregory Helms didn't exactly entertain me either. The story going in was Jerry insulted Helms with his previous gimmick: The Hurricane and Helms took offense to it so wanted to settle things with Lawler leading to this match. I didn't enjoy this and it's not like I had high expectations anyway for this match so I was glad when it was over.

Big Show vs Triple H - ***½
Well colour me surprised here this was a great match and a really underrated one at that as well in my opinion. Big Show's selling in this match really got me on board and interested into this match especially with the story of his hand being broken from the Sledgehammer attack multiple weeks ago during the contract signing and Big Show killing a steel chair & announce monitor(which funnily enough caused the announce table to break as HHH was dodging the attacks) with his cast. HHH was wary to start the match due to the cast and it made for a fun dynamic when Show smashed his hand against the post. HHH's assault on that hand was very interesting and brutal and another notable spot was Show smashing the Sledgehammer in half and selling his broken hand. Really good match and match of the night up to this point.

Shelton Benjamin w/ Momma vs Viscera - ¼*
Dreadful match with the only purpose of it being to snap Shelton's recent losing streak and begin to push him again.

Ashley vs Candice Michelle vs Maria vs Torrie Wilson vs Victoria Gauntlet Bra & Panties Match - N/R
These type of matches I have no idea how to rate them and good god I looked away the minute Moolah & Mae Young came on the screen. Thankfully once they left, the match ended quite abruptly with Ashley winning and she stripped down afterwards too.

Carlito vs Chris Masters vs John Cena (c) vs Kane vs Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michaels Elimination Chamber WWE Championship - ***¾
This was a good chamber match but not in the league of the best Elimination Chamber matches. The alliance of Chris Masters & Carlito was a really good story going into the match up and was very well established in the match. Kurt, Shawn & Cena really carried the load here whilst Kane did his thing when he came out last and was booked very well. Overall a good chamber match but could've been better had I reckon Kurt been in there a bit longer(though for the time he had in there Kurt looked like a beast dominating the match.)
After this, Edge came out and cashed in his MITB contract which is a fantastic touch and really established him as the ultimate opportunist.

Overall the PPV wasn't too bad but wasn't too good either. More of an in the middle PPV. If there is anything you should watch, watch the Chamber & Big Show vs Triple H. I believe my next review will be Royal Rumble 2006 but who knows. That's all for this review folks and I'll see you next time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)