Resource Post-OMPL V thread

Approved by Chloe
This thread is meant to give some closure to OMPL. Below, there will be a full list of team records (note that no activity wins or coinflips are counted), complete with some more subjective analysis from yours truly, and I encourage anyone to look at Chloe. and Laxpras's posts in the OMPL Discussion thread for further statistics. (I'm pretty sure there are others I'm forgetting as well.)

The central purpose of the thread, however, is for players who participated this year to post their sets and teams. I will keep track of them in a sets archive in the post below. Happy posting!

Records and Analysis

By Team

Chloe. (3-2), Quantum Tesseract (2-3), Megazard (2-3), Eien (0-1), TheBurgerKing99 (2-3), Bushtush (2-1), nyan kat (0-0), iLlama (0-2), and MiyoKa (1-1)

E4 Flint (4-1), Laxpras (7-0), Fardin (2-5), 1 True Lycan (2-1), Mark_K (2-4), draegn (1-0), Leru (2-3), The Ruins of Alpha (3-2)

Racool (3-2), morogrim (3-3), Official Fissure (1-4), Pepa120 (0-1), HunterStorm (3-2), InfernapeTropius11 (6-0), DBW (1-0), terrors (1-2), Salvation (2-0), The Official Glyx (1-3)

jrm115 (0-0), PurpleGatorade (1-2), Roseybear, GL Volkner (0-3), Sabella (3-1), darksylvion (2-1), HNBL (0-1), Yuga42 (0-2), ihhca (2-3), soulgazer (0-0), fsk (1-1), Shiba (0-0), Chazm (1-3), rozes (1-2)

GmU pokeboss9 (2-0), Catalystic (2-2), Clearly (0-1), motherlove (1-2), Funbot28 (1-2), DonnotheFirst, Lax (2-1), Bluxio (1-0), aki0s (0-1), Zephyr Dragon Lord (1-2), yoman5 (1-1), Dr. Phd. BJ (1-1), HeadsILoseTailsYouWin (0-1), Illusio (0-0), sin(pi) (0-1)

Thimo (4-1), Jrdn (3-2), jasprose (3-2), aesf (1-1), wishes (2-1), Akashi (1-3), Vid (0-0), Wanka (1-3), The Trap God (2-0), magsyy (0-0)

By Wins (sort of)

Laxpras (7-0)
InfernapeTropius11 (6-0)
GmU pokeboss9 (2-0)
Salvation (2-0)
The Trap God (2-0)
Bluxio (1-0)
DBW (1-0)
draegn (1-0)

E4 Flint (4-1)
Thimo (4-1)
Sabella (3-1)
Chloe. (3-2)
HunterStorm (3-2)
jasprose (3-2)
Jrdn (3-2)
Racool (3-2)
The Ruins of Alpha (3-2)
1 True Lycan (2-1)
Bushtush (2-1)
darksylvion (2-1)
Lax (2-1)
wishes (2-1)

GL Volkner (0-3)
iLlama (0-2)
Yuga42 (0-2)
aki0s (0-1)
Clearly (0-1)
Eien (0-1)
HeadsILoseTailsYouWin (0-1)
HNBL (0-1)
Pepa120 (0-1)
sin(pi) (0-1)

Fardin (2-5)
Official Fissure (1-4)
Mark_K (2-4)
Akashi (1-3)
Chazm (1-3)
The Official Glyx (1-3)
Wanka (1-3)
ihhca (2-3)
Leru (2-3)
Megazard (2-3)
Quantum Tesseract (2-3)
TheBurgerKing99 (2-3)
Funbot28 (1-2)
motherlove (1-2)
PurpleGatorade (1-2)
rozes (1-2)
Zephyr Dragon Lord (1-2)

morogrim (3-3)
Catalystic (2-2)
aesf (1-1)
fsk (1-1)
MiyoKa (1-1)
yoman5 (1-1)

DonnoTheFirst
Illusio
jrm115
magsyy
nyan kat
Shiba
soulgazer
Vid

Best Players

Laxpras outdid himself, as his revenge tour after being drafted for a meager sum of money resulted in a season featuring the most wins in a season in OMPL history without a single loss along the way, leading to a 7-0 record. He was undoubtedly the MVP for the second year in a row.

It's also worth noting that his 13-game winning streak puts him in a tie with Knight of Cydonia for the best run ever in OMPL — KoC won five games in OMPL II, then six in OMPL III, then his first two in IV, for a total of 13 of his own... before losing his next four games (and winning the championship anyway. He is still the most successful player in terms of championships, with three victories, in OMPL history). One more win for Laxpras would give him the record, though it's unclear as to whether he (or anyone involved, really) will participate next year. And can he avoid a slump like KoC's?

The clear runner-up is InfernapeTropius11, who was rather unheralded after going 1-2 last year in BH, but silenced the doubters by equaling Laxpras's 6-0 performance from last year, this time in a different metagame: Mix and Mega.

As far as honorable mentions are concerned, corrupt leader E4 Flint added on to his career OMPL record and has now won seven of his last eight matches, in addition to his first championship. Thimo emerged from the highly competitive AG player field with only a single loss and is very much the player to beat in that metagame currently.

Managers

The Immortal was clearly the most successful manager this year. He quietly produced a championship-winning draft by boldly betting on a supposedly rusty Laxpras, a move that paid great dividends. Laxpras and Flint formed a core that gave the team a guaranteed two wins almost every week. While three other starters in Mark_K, Leru, and Fardin combined for twelve losses each, The Ruins of Alpha was a surprising success and certainly picked up the slack, particularly in the early weeks. draegn also served as good support for Flint, and Lycan had a couple of key wins.

While Ransei assembled an incredibly talented team once again and did all he could to motivate the squad, together with ScarfWynaut, it wasn't nearly as dominant as last year's throughout the early going, and ultimately didn't have quite enough depth to claim victory. It also lacked consistency, as players like Official Fissure who were expected to be cornerstones of the team underperformed.

I feel compelled to recognize the Unfezants here for their excellent managerial performance. After being virtual laughingstocks of the OM community for their inability to pick a name, they emerged with perhaps the most talented draft on paper, and ended up with as many players with winning records as the Blisseys, featuring savvy pickups in Thimo and jasprose. Jrdn was predictably solid, while wishes and The Trap God exceeded expectations. Unfortunately, a lack of depth due to one inactive and one banned player contributed to their inability to string wins together, as did a late-season Kois surge.

While other managers were mired in mediocrity (my Aegiblades spent lots of, perhaps too much, money during the auction, then underperformed in actual games, particularly in the middle of the season; the Mimikyus and Kois used double-digit numbers of players and yet only produced one combined player with three wins or more), those teams proved themselves worthy of particular commendation.

Thanks for reading, and I hope this post was useful. If you played in OMPL, start posting your sets!

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
I'll post something else later when I finish reading this but something interesting (and that makes sense) is that both finalists had 5 players with positive w/l records. To put that in perspective the aegiblades, kois, and mimikyus had only 2. The unfezants actually had 5 players of their own with a positive w/l records, but possibly what gave the two finalists the edge was the presence of a "guaranteed win", meaning laxpras in aaa (7-0) and myself in mnm (6-0) that basically put their team up 1-0 every week from the start. So does this mean the best drafting strategy is not to get a bunch of really good, but maybe only second to fourth best players in that OM (like the aegiblades did with people like chloe, qt, megazard, and halliday) but instead get 2 players that are the BEST at their oms (e.g. flint + laxpras, me + racool/fissure combo) and fill in the rest with simply really solid players? Seems like it, as the third best team this ompl (unfezants) did essentially the same thing (with jrdn + thimo). Something to think about for whoever is managing next year :P
disclaimer: plz don't take offense or think i'm trying to toot my own horn as they say as that is not the intended purpose of this post, this post was trying to simply be an objective analysis of what seemed to be the most successful managing strategy

Fardin

Tournament Banned
even tho my record was shit this ompl, i believe my teams are still quite good so imma post a few real quick + a couple that i built for leru and mark k

AG
Balance --> https://pastebin.com/WvTr4z93
Balance --> https://pastebin.com/ZTG8DVW1
Balance --> https://pastebin.com/7uxc4sgJ
Stall --> https://pastebin.com/ZHLE9H48
Semi-Stall --> https://pastebin.com/RpdfEbEW

Sketch
Balance --> https://pastebin.com/WWXm2kdq
Bulky Offence --> https://pastebin.com/wzvGSBap
Stall --> https://pastebin.com/5GsT1fWk

MnM
Stall --> https://pastebin.com/WrvjMYCm
Stall --> https://pastebin.com/97ysUHBT
Balance --> https://pastebin.com/24DvPhy6

Enjoy

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
To me sketch is the kind of meta that lives and dies on the creativity of the sets and strats people come up with. Since this is mostly conditional on the sketched move, I'm just gonna dump a whole lot of very cool sets here that I hope inspires other people to try stuff (cuz hope's all we got to breathe life into sketch atm). Otherwise kinda low effort due to amount of stuff I wanted to share, sorry.
Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- U-turn

Ok so Zyg is always gonna be the type of mon that invites very predictable switchins. I've seen people use random strong coverage moves to hit a few of Fini/Bro/Growth/Lando/Ferro/etc like Gunk Shot, but I figured why not just pivot into something stupid? Basically bring this in on, idk, Heatran, U-Turn on the immediate Slowbro, go to Mega Heracross or Mega Medicham or Gengar or whatever strong breaker you want to use, and wreck somebody's shit.

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe (or more likely some speed here)
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

If you're running Mawile and another Espeeder or just aren't feeling Espeed, V-Create hits like a truck and lets you bop Celesteela/Tangrowth without needing to boost. Based on my experienced, I'd imagine that other strong coverage moves like Fusion Bolt are also pretty solid.

Celebi @ Grassium Z
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Leaf Storm
- Earth Power
- Searing Shot / ...

This mon is excellent, offensive rocker with amazing Speed tier, strong nuke move without wasting your sketch, and the ability to check Rain and Sand at once is like a dream come true. Searign Shot was preferred on my team for Celest/Ferro, but I've done / ... because if you were willing to get walled by those there's a ton of interesting things to play around with. NP, BP (over earth power ig), parting shot, memento, Tspikes/Spikes, other support things I can't think of off the top of my head... it's really just a stellar mon. Bulkier sets are probably aight too. Super underrated mon, Racool's bulky QD set also helped prove that.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Hydro Pump
- Freeze-Dry
- Secret Sword

Freeze Dry is the coverage move that hits Fini/Bro/Tang all at once. Otherwise Keldeo would probably be worthless thanks to losing hard to the 3 most popular bulky pivot mons, but this makes it a real threat imo.

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

More of just an underrated mon that I've finally seen people coming around to, it just hits so damn hard that it's really just not even remotely fair.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shore Up
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald

The grossest thing I've ever invented. Try it with or without Tspikes, it doesn't really matter. I also think it's almost always better than Vincune with Quiver Dance (someone brought that, maybe ihhca), but that set's also shown some promise. Cune has a ton going for it, I'm glad it's now been discovered as a major threat.

Espeon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Quick Attack

Best anti-lead for offense in the meta as long as Greninja keeps running Taunt and not Shadow Sneak.

Gengar @ Life Orb / Ghostium Z
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Secret Sword / Fire Blast
- Substitute

Damn I wish there was a really mon that could hit Fini/Ferro/Tran/Bro/Celest/Growth/Mew/Lando/Clef/Chansey all in one slot while also having solid defensive typing and being immune to Espeed. OH WAIT
as a side note, scarf is probably pretty damn good too.

Last edited:

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
Hi I post teams :-)

Week 1 - PurpleGatorade

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-601837380
When I was preparing for Purple I think my general thought was he's either bringing something offensive or some Ho-Oh balance. So generally I didn't need to worry about bringing a more offensive stallbreaker Ray or some other stallbreaker but I packed SD Groudon to help with the Balance matchup and to ensure Xerneas and Kyogre didn't get break through, even though it was unlikely Purple would bring either. I find since Marshadow's release, it's easier to get away with running Defensive Yveltal as an EKiller check. It also helps ease the Marshadow matchup. Scarf Ray fit incredibly well here as it ensures Marshadow is kept in check when used in tandem with the aforementioned Yveltal. It also eases offensive matchup by preventing CM Steel/Ground from sweeping. Toxic helps neutralise the Support Arceus / Lugia switchins, as they're Rayquaza's most common "checks". Since I was safe against Marsh I could afford to run Sub EKiller and CM Steelceus, two mons that people don't really have proper answers for anymore bar Marsh because they assume they're bad, but they are both amazing for Offense, both worked here. Initially I had stronger Groudon answers in SD Recover Groundceus but opted against it for Eleceus, given the matchup. It allowed less pressure from Ho-Oh. Initially I had Earth Power over Defog on that, but the curveball Webs matchup scared me so I slotted it on just in case. I like this team but I feel like it's too weak to CM Groundceus, even though it can sack Yveltal and deal with it.

Week 2 - Fardin

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-604460900
Honestly, this was my second biggest mistake of the whole tournament. In the time leading up to the match with Fardin I had built twenty solid teams, but the day before the match I tested briefly with Quantum. The team I planned to use, which would've had great matchup against Fardin's team lost to Quantum, which made me lost confidence in it, while this team 6-0d him or something silly. If you can tell from the match I obviously misplayed horrendously; however, this team made the matchup virtually unwinnable regardless. I might as well describe how I made this team. I was bored so I took Hunter's Dual Zygarde Balance sample and modified it immensely. At one point I had a Electrium Z Tapu Koko on the team which was decent I guess. I wanted Defensive Yveltal again because I don't like relying on Zyg/Cele to check DD Ray but in hindsight that would've been a better idea, especially because Fardin would only bring Choice Ray anyway. The nicknames are because Fardin hates CNN with a passion and I hoped to get a cheap advantage by distracting him, but unfortunately he didn't pay attention. My mindset wasn't too great going into this round but I thought I'd learned from my mistakes. Turns out I only made them worse the following round.

Week 3, Game 2 - HunterStorm

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-608562875
I'm only posting this one because looking at the other two makes me cry. May I just state this team wasn't initially meant to be in a 2-2-1-1 formation, but it turned out that way so I decided to make the other two teams in that style too. That wasn't my error in the round though. My issue was running innovative crap when I could've simply run standard stuff and won the round. I was happy with this team though, I worked for a while on it. It started as a Hex team with Gengar and Giratina-O with Thunder Wave on each Arceus, one Ho-Oh and PDon, but generally I thought it wasn't necessary in the end, and opted for a more reliable Balance with dual Arc and Ray as a breaker. There's an obvious reason I enjoyed this team but it honestly was quite solid. Defensive TWave Ho-Oh plus offensive LO prevented Rockceus from harming this team whatsoever, especially with the CM Defog Steelceus in the back. SpDef PDon obviously helped lessen the Ogre weakness when paired with LO Ray. I ran Mixed because I expected some Zyg crap and I think it turned out fine. Dual Defog was necessary because of the reliance on Ho-Oh this team had. Fairy helped with Zyg, Marsh, etc etc. Good team, nice team. If I played Hunter in a bo1 instead of watching Dunkirk and delaying the match in exchange for playing bo3, perhaps I would've won that round.

Week 4 - Thimo

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-612533136
You're gonna hate me for saying this but Thimo is the only player I didn't prepare for. As in, I already had this team in my builder long before OMPL had commenced. My thoughts were I generally do better when I go for a reliable team than when I try desperately to cteam someone who brings the most convoluted and unusual teams. This clearly isn't the most reliable standard team but it's something. I had Lum Berry Defog EKiller because he loves Smeargle Webs, I had SD Steelceus to throw him off, Banded Ray + Scarf Jira to impair Stall or provide support to provide HWish support to Ray and give it a second wind. Zekrom breaks a lot of standard stuff atm due to its rarity. Red Card Don is an amazing underrated lead, and should honestly be used more. The team could definitely be less weak to Support Groundceus.

Week 5 - Catalystic

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-615562568
I built this five minutes before the Cata match. I tested with Thimo once and he said put Giga Impact on the Arc. That is all there is to this team. (I guess I should explain Scarf Xern allows me not to lose to Marsh if webs are removed, I have an irrational fear of losing with Webs HO if webs are removed o they set their own webs so I generally run Scarf Xern a lot to ease this pressure).

Shoutouts
Peef Rimgar & Uselesscrab - thank you for giving me this opportunity. i felt really bad when you spent so much on me, especially when i didn't go as well as i expected to. but regardless you have no idea how much i appreciate the fact you were willing to put that much trust in me. i'm sorry for not doing better =(
Megazard & Thimo - for helping with testing, giving me ideas and encouraging me to pull through in the latter stages of the tour.
TheBurgerKing99 - you're pretty cool, i'm quite glad i got to know you tbh
Quantum Tesseract - even tho a lot of people are annoyed by you and your comments, deep down you're a very chill & good person and i can't help but respect that
Other Aegiblades - i enjoyed playing alongside y'all and even tho we didnt really chat much you all seem cool
InfernapeTropius11 - thanks for repping council in a not shit way lol
Laxpras - why couldnt i be ur daughter and inherit ur aaa skills (sry if thats weird)
Racool - thanks for your many words of encouragement throughout the tour and for also being vera cool =)!
GL Volkner - you're the best and unfortunately you had an unlucky run this year. can't wait to see you go 7-0 next year tho
wishes - amazing run and it wasnt even stabmons, you're too good :D
Ransei - thanks for bidding 18.5k on me
E4 Flint - for being cool
HunterStorm, Fardin, PurpleGatorade, Catalystic & Thimo - thanks for providing me with fun matches and i have to shoutout thimo twice bc he shouted me out twice

Additionally, grats to TI and the Blissey's for winning this season! You all definitely proved me wrong despite my initial concerns with the Blisseys' draft. Drampa exceeded everyone's expectations, so kudos to him too.
Also many thanks to ante for hosting, you were great and I couldn't imagine a better host :D

Overall a very enjoyable OMPL, can't wait for next year!

Funbot28

Banned deucer.

So with this OMPL coming to a close, with it being the first time I actually partake in it and not just cheer from the sidelines, I must say that it has been a splendid and interesting experience to say the least. I usually dislike joining team tournaments due to the added pressure it always seem to bring to me which skews up my performance later on, but I felt I was better able to manage it this time around. It also felt really nice helping my other teammates out for their games in order to be collectively successful. While we probably had the least expected chances to win this year, I really appreciated to be part of the Mimikyus and had a blast being involved through all of this for the past 5 weeks. Sucks that I couldn't have the winning record I hoped to acheive for, but still im just glad that I got to battle against some of the best OM players atm. Will drop some squads that I had used / wanted to use building up for the tourney:

============================
Week 2: Mix and Mega vs Jeran

This already had been a team that I started to build even before OMPL drafting began, since Marshadow had just been released and I wanted to build a team that capitalizes on the new broken threat the tier was introduced to. I originally had Zapdos and Pidgeotite Gengar over Skarmory and Mega Gengar respectably, but knowing how found Jeran was in using cleric Blissey and Support Groundceus, I decided to swap out those mons with Defog Skarm (which also acts as a check to new threats like Altarianite Entei and even SD Groundceus which had started to gain some traction. I also brought Perish Song Gengar since I knew Jeran was not the type of player to prep for it by running Shadow Ball Blissey, basically giving me a free kill against it while also helping Marshadow clean up late game by removing stuff like Arceus-Fairy. Rest of the team is pretty standard but capitalizes on my favorite playestyle to use (ie: a hybrid between Bulky Offense and Balance), since it covers the most threats as possible while still applying offensive pressure through Bulk Up Marshadow and SD Primal Groudon. Im glad that I was at least able to take one game off of the self-proclaimed "free-wins" player himself, who knows, maybe the "lucky and bad" factor didn't pay off for me this time.

Week 3: Mix and Mega vs ChazmicSupanova

This week, I had decided to go back to my traditional routes and wanted to bring some full stall to hopefully cheese a win. I asked Fardin to pass me a squad that apparently "nothing can break through" and added a few of my own changes to it in order to better prep for CS's teamstyle. Going into the game I had been pretty confident in my choice and had thought that I would be able to at least pull off some success with the team. However, as soon as I saw my opponent pull out a Absolite Tail Glow + Toxic Xurkitree (literally a set that I cannot think of any other reason then to CT Shed Stall), I knew that game had already been over from preview. My heart was broken since all that momentum that I wanted to carry over from W2 had suddenly just been halted all at once. Im still a bit sketched out upon how exactly my opponent had been able to totally counterbuild me knowing that I had never really used Shed Stall even on the ladder before, but nonetheless I took the L and moved on with the week, trying to encourage my teammates to hopefully achieve the level of success that I was not able to reach for.

Week 3: Balanced Hackmons vs Morogrim

This week I had finally been asked to play the metagame that I was most comfortable with in BH. This slightly boosted my confidence that week after the disaster from the previous one, but I still knew that I was going up against another great BH player in Moro. At first I had wanted to bring and try out my new BH stall postthe Gengarite ban, but ultimately decided to switch things up knowing that moro would potentially prep for it, and I didn't want to get CTed again. I asked good friend and chillest BH builder Mlove for some help crafting a MMY spam squad in hopes to cheese a win since broken mons do that and we came up with the amazing offensive core of PsySurge MMY + Contrary MMY + PH Mega Tyranitar, a core that can completely shut down the majority of defensive cores in the metagame on its own. This was backed up by another great sweeper that I personally love using in Unburden Kartana, while Registeel and FC Primal Kyogre form the solid backbone of the team, blanket checking as most threats as they can on their own. Unfortunately, my head was not all in it that day since I had just come back from a long shift from work and had just been stuck in like 3 hours of traffic, but it had been the only day where my opponent could have played so I respected our original scheduling and went on with the match. This came with some drawbacks as I had forgot to change my Primal Kyogre's ability from Unaware to Fur Coat (although Moro pointed out afterwards that it didn't really change much at the end), and I generally played really poorly against the Shell Smash Primal Groudon which ended up 6-0ing the team afterwards (since I even had Prankster Regi which I could have just spamed Haze on anyways and sweep afterwards with Contrary MMY).

Going through a second 6-0 was definitely hard on me and was at this point where I had felt that my merits as a player may have not been what they were expected to be by others. However, after some helpful encouragement from some peeps on PS (you know who you are), I was able to look at this experience from a different angle by taking it as a means to better push myself to strengthen my skills as a player, which I hopefully will be able to achieve come next OMPL.

Week 4: Almost Any Ability Bluxio vs Illama (game never happened)

This is a team that I had built before the season started just in case I had ever been picked to play AAA. It turned up to never be the case as I gave my position to Bluxio and wanted to him to try out this new Aurora Veil HO team that had brought me great success on the ladder. Unfortunately the game was never played, but I still wanted to share a team that I personally believe would have been very successful.

===========================

Thank you Pikachuun and OM room for deciding to draft me, definitely had a great time partaking in this event. Also s/o's to antemortem for hosting alongside teammates motherlove, aki0s, and even GmU pokeboss9 for being the BH god that he is and giving us some wins.

MIMIKYUS FOR LIFE BITCHES

Here are the teams I made or reworked after fardin building them:

Week 1: vs ZDL http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmega-600265778 here's the replay because I deleted the team for obvious reasons.
Week 2: vs QT https://pastebin.com/Ri96ffjP Slightly reworked from fardin's team
Week 3: vs Jeran https://pastebin.com/tDe4ikaD
Week 4: vs Chazm g1: w2 team; g2 & g3: https://pastebin.com/rerLp4Zi Slightly modified from fardin's team
Week 5: vs IT11 https://pastebin.com/Ym5azYj3
Finals: vs IT11 https://pastebin.com/nU04VNnL Fardin's major rework from my team

Other Teams for anyone who cares:
https://pastebin.com/f4nqBK6Z Team I initially built to play QT in Week 2.
https://pastebin.com/PqzVQ3vB Team I initially built to play IT11 in Finals.

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Okay, now that OMPL has ended, even though I generally don't do s/o and stuff but I am drunk af and feel l like hugging someone, so here we go.
First of all, not going to lie, even though I have been associated with OM Community only over last few months , still OMPL has been a really satisfying experience because I warmed up so well with so many of you. Even to an extent, me being a doubles main, I haven't touched DOU in last 2 months. I got to know plenty of cool people and obviously Kois had their share of drama which was pretty fun too. I wish we could have done better but still really appreciate being picked by the Kois and hope I was able to perform at least somewhat well.

Team Dump
Sketchmons : http://pokepast.es/80fbeeb69b570f6f : TR Rhyp + Zard Y Offense and growth Kyu-B for stall. Defensive core of Quagsire and Tangrowth and a Scarfer in Kartana.

http://pokepast.es/ff610e2bbd4bcf64 : A team I was building for last week, if I was needed to play. Never got to use it but improved it later on.
HO build using Mega Beedrill and Volt Switch specs lele. Followed up with rain with tg Kingdra which is just devastating at +3. 1hkoing Chansey post rocks and ferro easily. Again rounded up with my favourite Scarf Kartana and Belly-Speed lax for Trick Room.

AAA : http://pokepast.es/be905402d0a990ab : Slightly updated version of HO I used vs Goatpras. Unfortunately ruined the match with me being stupid and forgetting to change my Magearna's ability. Anyways another HO with Knock Off Mega Zam + Magnet Pull to trap and allow Mega Zam to clean house. SG Flash Fire Mag also benefits from Zyagrde trapping stuff and puts up a ton of work. Buzzwole is just another hitter luring stuff like Fini and Zapdos, while Scarf Adapt Lati revenges stuff for the team and Mold Breaker Entei again helps Magearna and helps a ton against HO destroyers like SS Minior.

http://pokepast.es/2c28c15a749688a5 : Final weeks team originally meant for aesf, eventually faced off against jeran. Balance team featuring anti-meta mon in Water Absorb + Gravity Lando, beating common defensive pivots in fini, skarm, Zygarde and the under- rated Specs Magearna hurts everything and making a solid immunity core with lando. Defensive core of unaware mew and defensive tg manaphy s/o Racool . Supported by ever reliant Victini and levitate Metagross for Mamoswine. Probly one of my most solid teams from OMPL.

Shout-outs
First to Kois people,
EV : Not gonna lie, I was initially not so hyped for getting drafted by Kois because out of all managers I knew you the least. But man, that changed fast. You are low key amazing, kept the spirit of discord high and even though we weren't playing that well, personally I never experienced any pressure from your side. Not to say, those Bulbasaur stoned jokes!! It was super nice to have you at my side. Seaking forever.

ihhca : It was fun testing and building with you week after week.

GL Volkner : Fuck sakes, I am getting used to this nick. You are literally on every s/o lol, and deservingly so because you are super nice and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You were pretty unlucky this year but ye p sure, it'll be the other way around next one.

Chazm : You tried real hard dude, but unfortunately the results don't show that. Don't let that bog you down.

HNBL : As I said my second favorite Indian :)

Yuga42 : Never really interacted with you much but I loved the fact that you use weird ass teams :D.
Also, to the rest of the Kois , it was really cool to be in same team with you guys irrespective of results.
Lemme puke

Okay back
Now, non Kois :

Jrdn :My main man, the Canadian tinder God and love machine. Super cool dude to talk to and tbh half of my teams wouldn't even be viable without testing with you. I am going to stop so that I don't make our next conversation weird.

Other AAA people Laxpras : Proud that GOAT is in AAA council.(Fuck other councils)
motherlove : Lowkey one of the best OM players and slightly gay
aesf : You are great just don't john :(

Chloe. : Cute user, watch me win AG seasonals.

DEG : There is only one person I like more than myself, it's not you but I still likey :)

Racool : Again thankfully got to know you better throughout the OMPL period. Good user.

aki0s : Again really cool user, come to PS more nerd !!

Ransei : Probly the best user on all of smogon :}. Fuck haters .

Uselesscrab : Getting predictions right is over-rated. Nice Cubchoo :]

The Ruins of Alpha : Biggest surprise of OMPL, gratz on superb run man

Also ye grats to the Blisseys for winning this tour and thanks antemortem for making this tour really enjoyable overall. It was fun people :).

Last edited:
MnM:
W2 vs IT11

This team was my favorite that I built. It's based around SD Z-Giga Impact Kartana (that's right, no mega stone). This lures and OHKOs almost every defensive check to Pinsirite Genesect after SR. U-Turn Manaphy and Mandibuzz provide an easy way in for Kartana against things like Blissey or Arceus-Ground. Defensive Arceus-Ground and SpD Groudon-Primal round out the defensive core to check fairies and electric types that Mandibuzz can't really handle. Unfortunately I misplayed Kartana in the game, so I didn't actually get to show it off.
+2 252+ Atk Kartana Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Venusaurite Zapdos: 379-446 (98.9 - 116.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Kartana Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Sablenite Zapdos: 358-422 (93.4 - 110.1%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Kartana Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Arceus: 393-463 (88.5 - 104.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Kartana Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 132+ Def Arceus: 428-504 (96.3 - 113.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Kartana Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Groudon-Primal: 405-477 (100.4 - 118.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Kartana Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Groudon-Primal: 316-372 (78.4 - 92.3%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Kartana Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sablenite Mandibuzz: 323-381 (76.1 - 89.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Kartana Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 604-711 (84.5 - 99.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Sketch:
W1 vs MegaZard

A fairly straight forward rain team. SD Mega Swampert is the major threat on the team. Superpower is chosen over Ice Punch because +2 Ice Punch doesn't actually KO Tangrowth, while Superpower beats Kartana and Ferrothorn. Araquanid is mostly a matchup call against TR, since there was a significant chance that MegaZard was going to bring it. Greninja is a spike stack lure for Fairies and Grass types that like to switch into it. Lele is there to beat ExtremeSpeeders offensively, and Celesteela is there to glue the team and beat sand and ExtremeSpeed Defensively. I had a pretty good matchup in this game, and it wasn't too hard to get Swampert to sweep. #ThatsNotASketchMove

W3 vs Dr. PhD. BJ

Final Gambit Spam with Hone Claws + Hypnosis KyuB. I didn't build as much of this team, so I don't have as much to say about it. It's offense, with Nihilego as the lead, KyuB and Azumarill as wallbreakers, Lopunny and Victini as revenge killers/cleaners, and Mimikyu as the sweeper. I misplayed the end of the game with Mimikyu and then got punished by a Scald 50/50 for it. Oh well.

W4 vs Drampa's Grandpa

I brought pretty mindless webs + threatspam HO this week, because Drampa makes plays that I don't understand at all, so I wanted to dictate the pace of the match to not get caught off. I brought Moongeist Serperior, Z-Conversion + Shadow Ball Porygon-Z, SD ESpeed Mawile, Bolt Strike Scarf Tapu Koko, QD Necrozma, and Sleep Powder Galvantula. Luckily, I got some luck early on with Galvantula, but Porygon-Z was not going to be stopped after KyuB was asleep unless I got crit.

W5 vs jrdn

So uh, I got completely blown out at team preview, but I still think this team is pretty solid. Mega Aggron is a super good pokemon that I haven't seen used before. It counters SD Landorus (!!!), with minimal defensive investment. I think after having a second look at the calcs, I would EV to tank at least +2 All Out Pummeling or V-Create from Kartana, especially since I have Mew to at least check Lele. My strategy was to setup TSpikes and win with QD Vincune. Unfortunately neither of these things were possible unless I burned Slowbro early, which didn't happen. Sand and koko gave me more speed and power. I would probably adjust the second half of the team before the first half.
0 Atk Aggron-Mega Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 316-372 (99 - 116.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Aggron-Mega Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 248-292 (59 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Aggron-Mega Fire Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kartana: 228-272 (88 - 105%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Aggron-Mega Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 196-232 (55.6 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Aggron-Mega Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 368-436 (113.9 - 134.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk Aggron-Mega Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Marowak-Alola: 178-210 (68.1 - 80.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 16+ Def Filter Aggron-Mega: 126-150 (36.6 - 43.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 16+ Def Filter Aggron-Mega: 130-154 (37.7 - 44.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO\
252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 16+ Def Filter Aggron-Mega: 126-150 (36.6 - 43.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Kartana V-create vs. 252 HP / 16+ Def Filter Aggron-Mega: 162-192 (47 - 55.8%) -- 76.2% chance to 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Kartana All-Out Pummeling (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 16+ Def Filter Aggron-Mega: 315-372 (91.5 - 108.1%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Tapu Bulu All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 16+ Def Filter Aggron-Mega: 267-315 (77.6 - 91.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
+4 252+ Atk Mimikyu Never-Ending Nightmare (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 16+ Def Aggron-Mega: 313-370 (90.9 - 107.5%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 240 SpD Aggron-Mega in Psychic Terrain: 153-180 (44.4 - 52.3%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO

W1 - vs Quantum Tesseract:
https://pastebin.com/egCa3Ymy
Possibly one of my favourite teams, bar my Lunala bulky offense that I used to top the ladder and get the first posting rights in the Skymin suspect. Minimum speed Magearna allows it to pivot out of Blisseys who don't run minimum speed (seriously you should smh). Marshadow is a SubToxic variant which can hit supportceus and cripple it. Groudon-Primal would be your standard substitute + SD set if it didn't have the curse of luring every single Grass Knot crit there is to the table. Could have gone 2-2 if that didn't happen, but eh, hax is hax. Mandibuzz was the check to Marshadow, but now that I think about it, Arceus-Fairy would be much better in that slot as it provides easier defogging and the ability to OHKO Lucarionite Marshadow (a common thing before Metagrossite was revealed to be the superior variant.) Rayquaza is the star of the team - a resistance to the overused Golisopod and a mixed wallbreaker in one. Had Surf over Extreme Speed for some reason. Genesect gave momentum and mainly was the run-off check to Marshadow, as well as a revenge killer.

Week 2 I had a team for but I don't think it's worth posting as it might not have been as effective as I may have first considered.

W3 - "vs" Funbot28:
https://pastebin.com/EJLKai42
Thank geerat/darksylvion for the legendary Xurkitree set that net me the only W in the tour. TL;DR pivot out of Blissey matchups with Magearna, set up with Xurkitree to lure Shedinja, click Toxic and win.

Week 4 was just a tiltfest. Possibly made the WORST play in the match and that screwed me out of another potential 2-2. Gyara got crit though, so that sucked. I guess I crit the Zapdos though, so fair's fair.

W5 - vs The Trap God:
https://pastebin.com/zTXrn1Y7
Didn't really know what I expected from one of the best Ubers players I know - but I know one thing and that was his team got 6-0'd by the Magearna set I created a few days later. I'm impatient - probably could have won the match, but I doubt the MU was good anyway, due to Ditto being able to 3HKO my Kyogre-Primal.

Laxpras

One small yeet for man, one giant yeet for mankind
OMPL Teamdump and ~Drama News~
Going to post all the teams I used, a description of any interesting mons or strategies/what I was thinking. Not going to bother explaining things like what Magearna does. Within my descriptions for each team you'll see more and more suspicious activity, and I'll address this at the end. Sorry I'm too lazy for sprites, just open replay/importable for the mons.

Week 1: W vs Lax http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7almostanyability-602041208
Special Lucario Lure
Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Desolate Land
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Flash Cannon
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Toxic

Zygarde @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Protect
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Tail

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Lucario (M) @ Steelium Z
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Vacuum Wave

Buzzwole @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch
- Toxic
- Roost

The idea here was to have a threatening physical attacker (Terrakion), a physical set-up sweeper (Zygarde), and then a lure to assist both of them. Lucario works perfectly, as it is typically a physical attacker that will lure things like Buzzwole, and proceed to win with special moves. As you can see in the replay, Lax fell right into the trap and it was a pretty easy win. Heatran was a stallbreaker, and Buzz/Zapdos made my typical phys/spd defensive backbone.

Week 2: W vs iLlama http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7almostanyability-605075696
Balance Breaker
imas (Terrakion) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Toxic

please (Zygarde) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Thousand Arrows
- Core Enforcer

stop (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Trick
- U-turn

using (Mew) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- U-turn

unaware (Mandibuzz) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Foul Play
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

manaphy ffs (Tyranitar) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

E4 Flint and Fardin told me iLlama would bring balance, so I built a team that would have a great matchup. Unfortunately, iLlama did not bring balance, but instead broad HO that ruined my team. :thinking: I managed to pull out the win with some game-saving plays, a crit on Zygarde, and his general lack of a check for Victini. BandTerrakion destroys balance, mixed Zygarde does the same, though I later came up with an even better set (see later weeks). Unaware Mandibuzz stops almost all setup, regenvest tar and mew are obvious things etc etc it’s a standard me team.

(imas please stop using unaware manaphy ffs)

Week 3: W vs aesf
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7almostanyability-115659
Sun
Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Tinted Lens
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Final Gambit
- U-turn

Hoopa-Unbound @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
Lonely Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Fire Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Dark Pulse

Uxie @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Reflect
- U-turn

Zapdos @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Typhlosion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Extrasensory
- Solar Beam

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch
- Bullet Punch

To be honest, this team is insanely good (now banned, replaced Hoopa-U with Alolan Marowak if you wanna try it). It was built to get an easy dub vs Jrdn , but he was scared so aesf had to catch the L instead. Scarf Tinted Tini is dumb, and plain broked in sun. Hoopa-U with Fire Punch, Gunk Shot, and x2 speed now beats all its typical checks. Levi Metagross was for rock polish Lando and my general ground weakness. Typhlosion was used instead of Heatran to otuspeed scarf Terrakion. Uxie has the bulk and rocks necessary to not lose to Minior. Aesf is a good friend and a great AAA player he just unfortunately caught this team designed for jrdn and he didn’t really have a great answer to Sun.

Week 4: W vs geerat
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7almostanyability-610575669

Unleashing My New Great Creation
Victini @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Final Gambit
- U-turn

Minior @ Focus Sash
Ability: Dazzling
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Shell Smash
- Acrobatics
- Power Gem
- Earthquake

Zygarde @ Dragonium Z
Naughty Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor

Magearna @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch

Mew @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Nihilego @ Focus Sash
Ability: Water Absorb
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This ~might~ be my best team of Gen7, I think it’s near unstoppable if you play well.
Anyway, I won this game after Turn 1 to be honest, Nihilego is a legend. Sorry, geerat, that you had to be the first one to catch my new Zygarde set. Though, it wasn’t too important in this battle. I didn’t even reveal how good it was, allowing me to save it for finals, where it also wasn’t important because Glyx apparently thought it was a good idea to bring a team with no Zygarde check despite me consistently using it. :thinking:. Anyway, Adapt Zyg is already one of the best mons in the meta, but now it meets Adapt Z-Draco, a way to beat Buzzwole, Hippowdon, and other would be checks. This mon has no legitimate checks imotbh. It’s my new creation and it’s the goat. Zygarde was paired with Minior as I hoped for Zygarde to remove any defensive wall for Minior to win the game (note: this worked). Tinted Lens Bandtini was similarly there to remove would-be Minior checks, like Tapu Fini. Aside from that, Mew + Magearna made my typical def backbone, while Nihilego provided me Stealth Rocks, a water answer, a Calm Mind answer, and a Volcarona answer. It was a great find, luckily I chose HP Ice which put an immediate hole in geerat’s team.

Week 5: W vs Official Fissure
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7almostanyability-615972352
Steelium Lucario + Golisopod
Lucario (M) @ Steelium Z
Ability: Aerilate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail

Golisopod (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Aqua Jet

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Snorlax @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 108 HP / 168 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Protect
- Curse
- Facade
- Flamethrower

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Weavile (F) @ Life Orb
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

This team was pretty dope to be honest, one of my favs from this gen. Steelium Aerilate Lucario was a pretty fun idea that wins vs a lot of teams. It’s typical SD Lucario with –Atespeed, however, Aerilate beats buzzwole, and +2 Z-Iron Tail OHKOs Tapu Fini. Thus, this is Atespeed Lucario that OHKOs the two most common Atespeed Lucario checks :~). Snorlax is Snorlax, but with Flamethrower because OF had Doublade in all his replays. NOTE: Yawn is the best 4th move on Snorlax. Trust me. After Lucario lures physical walls, Triage Golisopod is there to sweep. This should have been a really easy win, but I forgot Future Sight goes through protect (what a busted move), but I still pulled out the W without too much of a heart-attack (I did slightly freak out and maybe let out a little breath irl after Future Sight killed Lax, which was gunna 6-0). When I showed Flint this team on Discord, he noted that I had absolutely no answer for Mega Alakazam and my only answer to Victini was to sack something and have Weavile Rkill it. I said fuckit and kept the team as is, expecting OF not to have either of those mons. He had both. :thinking:.

Finals: W vs Glyx (1) http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7almostanyability-617300348
Electric Terrain
Xurkitree @ Electrium Z
Ability: Surge Surfer
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mew @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 72 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Beam
- Defog
- U-turn

Buzzwole @ Life Orb
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Leech Life
- Superpower
- Ice Punch

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Quick Attack
- U-turn

Cobalion @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Galvanize
Naive Nature
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This team is insanely good, really good matchup vs. everything. Everything is pretty straightforward so not much to go into. Cobalion was chosen as a Triage check, rock setter, who had pivot, that's the only thing that may surprise ppl i guess. Moldy Tini was for Volt Absorb mons also.
Anyways, this is where things got more fishy. Glyx decided to bring Grassy Terrain Mew, a very random and very specific ct to Electric Terrain (she still somehow claimed I had matchup advantage but that's another matter). I pulled out the win despite Grassy Terrain and an Ice Beam freeze. More details later on.

Finals Tiebreaker: W vs Glyx (2) http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7almostanyability-623281067
Psychic Terrain Balanced Offense
Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Magearna @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch

Zygarde @ Dragonium Z
Naughty Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor

Latios @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Dragon Pulse
- Psychic

Mew @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Tapu Koko @ Choice Band
Ability: Pixilate
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Wild Charge
- Quick Attack
- U-turn

I was done playing around, and just built an overpowered team that was guaranteed to win against whatever random things Glyx decided to bring. Worked pretty easily, she didn't have an answer for anything and it was a 6-0 until Lightningrod Togekiss came. Specs Tinted Latios does not have a check bar Dark types, Terrak was my check in case she brought offense, Koko hits hard, and I brought my GOAT Zygarde creation. The replay isn't very good because her team was honestly as bad as I could imagine in an OMPL game, but this team is very hard to beat in general. I prob sound salty hear but I've heard glyx did a decent amount of shittalking before both games, and after both games she had lots of excuses for everything.. Oh yeah and there's this part:

Re: The Rat
Alright so here we go.
Week 1: Nothing fishy.
Week 2: It was put in Discord that iLlama would 100% bring balance, he bought HO. This was most likely pure chance, nothing fishy.
Week 3: Had easy matchup, nothing fishy.
Week 4: Another fairly easy game, no worries man.
Ok so 4 weeks in clearly everything is fine, this is a pointless post so stop reading here.
lol
Week 5: It was put in Discord that I have no answer for 1. Victini, unless I can Pursuit trap, or 2. Mega Alakazam, which I truly had no answer for idk why OF let me kill it. Turns out OF brought both mons. Now either one of the mons would have been no surprise, but bringing specifically the 2 mons that we discussed beat my team is at least a cause to think. What exacerbates the problem is that, why would you stack 2 fast offensive Psychic mons together, that's just poor teambuilding. Which is possible, or he had a decent idea that these 2 mons would work for some reason.
Finals: Yeah, so Grassy Terrain Mew. A few things about this:
1. It completely stops Electric Terrain, my team was shit if I couldn't keep Electric Terrain on the field. Don't really know how I won this game but whatever.
2. It makes no sense. Mew has no benefit from Grassy Terrain. It's not EQ weak, doesn't need recovery, she had no other mons to take advantage of it. She had a bulky terrain setter with recovery, interesting.
3. She claimed it was her Mamoswine check. a: I have never brought Mamoswine. b: It is not a Mamoswine check, Icicle Crash + Ice Shard is a KO.

So just from the pure existence, and complete lack of need, for Grassy Terrain, I start to question if she had a little heads up. She clearly did not have the whole team, or she would have brought a stronger CT, this just put a thought in my mind though.

Finals Tiebreaker: Boy, this is where it gets interesting.
So I had some questions about the previous matchup, but I didn't think tooooo much of it, until I started getting some messages from 2 others about how an individual would prefer to see Glyx win. So, I played a little game. I put in our Discord that I was going to bring rain. I sold it too, I said why each mon was specifically designed to beat Glyx. I told Flint and TI my plan in Discord PMs, this isn't made up.

I did this to see if she had some weird team (ie grassy terrain mew) to CT rain.. and... well
Here is the Rain team I brought:
Zapdos @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Relaxed Nature
- Thunder
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Manaphy @ Waterium Z
Ability: Motor Drive
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Knock Off

Xurkitree @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Thunder
- Dazzling Gleam
- Energy Ball

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Magnet Pull
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch

Rotom-Wash @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch

Oh man. Okay. So let's compare what's going on here.
Mon 1: Zapdos. Hard walled by Lightningrod Togekiss
Mon 2: Volcanion. Hard walled by Storm Drain --> Mega Charizard Y + Chansey
Mon 3: Manaphy. Walled by Chansey and her Storm Drain --> Mega Charizard Y (I shit you not she truly brought storm drain --> drought lmao)
Mon 4: Xurkitree. Hard walled by Lightningrod Togekiss (she really brought this too)
Mon 5: Rotom-W. Walled by her entire team but that's not too surprising
Mon 6: Magnet Pull --> Mega Medicham. Hard walled by Primordial Sea Mew.

Ok so taking a step back. She has a perfect answer for literally all 6 pokemon on my team. She literally brought Storm Drain --> Mega Charizard Y and Lightningrod Togekiss. Now I get some matchups could be bad, but she literally flat out stopped all 6 of my mons (this is not a bad Rain team, either, try it out). Now, she straight up said that Storm Drain --> Mega Charizard Y was her rain check. This is interesting, not bc of "no shit it is", but because, of her choice for a rain check instead of:
Desolate Land Heatran, which is:
1. The absolute perfect Rain check. It straight up beats everything you can imagine
2. Flat out better than Zard Y, which also makes no sense on her defensive team in the first place.

So, if she wanted a Rain check, why would she not bring this mon that does a better job, fits her team better, and is fills more roles anyway. Well, she either just built poorly, or, she was aware that I had Magnet Pull Medicham to beat Desolate Land Heatran.

Moving away from that, Lightningrod Togekiss is another clear Rain CT, but further: Grassy Terrain Scarf Leaf Storm Rotom Mow Just randomly another mon that has SE Boosted STAB against a whole rain team, and pivot. Moreso, she brought a PERMANENT WEATHER SETTER. If I brought Rain against this team, she probably would 6-0 with each mon above 75% in health, it would have been absurd.

So, before our battle started, I looked at her team and just laughed. I knew I easily won. Her team is absolutely ran through by any common meta threat, this was the easiest battle in the 2 OMPLs i've played. Latios, Zygarde, and Terrakion all won by themselves. After the battle, once I saw all the abilities, it became very worrisome to me what was occurring. It seems as though I played her and an alleged rat and tricked them without them knowing, but maybe not.

There is no concrete proof. That needs to be said. I have no proof, she has the benefit of the doubt.

However, 1 of 3 things happened.
1. Glyx was told I was bringing Electric Terrain to the finals. She countered this with Grassy Terrain Mew, assuming she'd win. She did not, however. So in tiebreaker, it was taken a step further to make sure she could win, and she straight up had my team, and made a pure hard counter to every single one of my mons.
2. The same as above, but in addition, OF was also made alert of the two mons that were discussed in Discord that beat my team. Ironically they're on the same team.
3. None of that happened. This was all coincidence. Glyx truly thought Grassy Terrain Mew was a Mamoswine check (it's still not). Her tiebreaker team was really just that bad, not because it was designed to beat 1 specific team, but because she just built poorly. She went against her tendency to CT top meta threats and things that players commonly bring, and ignored things like Zygarde, which I have consistently brought all of OMPL. OF decided to stack 2 fast Psychic Mons despite my tendency to bring Steel types and FF.

So, idk which of the three it is. I have no proof in any direction, just some string of events that make me think a certain way.

Note 1: People are publicly accusing Fardin, stop. While I do love good banter, there is no proof Fardin did anything. If there was a rat, it could have been anyone in the Discord, including Fardin, though.
Note 2: If anyone is really interested enough to respond, prob do it in the OMPL discussion thread? This thread does not need to be cluttered more with this. I did it here so you could see the teambuilding... interesting situations... in one place. I may reply to responses if I feel the need to, PMs are prob better though.

Last edited:

Fissure

Cotton Candy Thighs
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to put everything into one hide tag cause yeah

Simple sand offense. Special shuca ttar cause it worked last OMPL. steelium z exca for power. mega steelix cause fat and sand force is kinda cool ig. tapu koko cause i couldnt think of a sixth mon. fini for hazard control. Serperior for balance.
Other option: https://pokepast.es/5b473ea71eaf8c0e

Not gonna lie, just used the team cause of the buzzwole set. assault vest bro cause i've never used it before and wanted to test it out. kartana for wall breaking. Mega venu cause i wanted some bulk on the team. marowak for priority. celesteela for hazard control.

Tail glow gren. priority spam in marowak and mawile. zygarde was some weird groundium z set. fini for hazard control. tangrowth cause i wanted a fwg core.
Other option: https://pokepast.es/ed8547620952f4d6

weird webs offense. rockium terrakion for power. double dance porygon-z. firium z mimikyu to ensure those ohko on certain mons. galvantula for sticky web. fightinium z dd kartana. fightinium z lele for focus miss. yes this was quad-z offense.
Other options: https://pokepast.es/0ac06401bb4dffc2 or https://pokepast.es/5fed9781234b5363 or https://pokepast.es/cddf8cc5d106db1a or https://pokepast.es/aa0985cb5a5f1fc9 or https://pokepast.es/687f94430a2e78e7

The only set that mattered. "That shit goes through protect."

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Future Sight

Week 3 weird web woffense

ModestMamoswine (Mamoswine) @ Life Orb
EVs: 228 Atk / 28 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

TimidTapuKoko (Tapu Koko) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 248 SpA / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt

SeriousShuckle (Shuckle) @ Mental Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sticky Web
- Encore
- Gastro Acid
- Stealth Rock

TimidTapuBulu (Tapu Bulu) @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

ZygadamantZygarde (Zygarde) @ Psychium Z
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Coil
- Zen Headbutt

GentleGenesect (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
Lonely Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Explosion

(L) lost to sun, 1 fire resist rip

None of the sets here are very conventional -- Mamoswine can 2HKO buzzwole with ice beam, koko is an amazing pivot and cleaner, bulu is a good pivot/sweeper/wallbreaker, zygarde can sweep and lure buzzwole and stuff, and genesect is a safety net for everything basically

28 SpA Mamo 2HKOs buzzwole, 8 SpD Koko lives 1 boomburst from noivern after rocks, 224 Spe Bulu outspeeds Zapdos (I think), 152 Spe Zygarde lets you outspeed Koko with webs up, and I use lonely scarf genesect because explosion damage matters

The team has really good synergy but struggles against fire types so watch out for those, my only real way of killing entei for example is luring it with scarf explosion genesect. Other than that it has an amazing wallbreaker (mamoswine), check for basically everything relevant, and lots of speed control (tons of priority and speed so broken noivern doesn't mess me up). Webs really help me break down everything.

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Balanced Hackmons Collab ft. Dragon Lord draegn (Full Video) (HD) (True E4KHD1080P) (Explicit) (Remix)

E4 Flint OfficialVEVO​
Despite only having the second best record of our team in the OMPL, I still feel that our album collab was p successful, so I've released all the tracks for you all here for free! Congratulations.

I'm gonna post all my teams, maybe some sets that I wanted to use but didn't make it/draegn convincing me not to use them, and some high level teambuilding/reasoning/preparation notes. Teams are linked via images.

Week1: Anna Says Hi http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-602711804
  • High level idea: Wanted to build a team that could defeat generic BO. I kinda figured Anna would not bring Stall because as described by self-proclaimed Adrian protegee:

Klang : bringing stall vs Flint would be suicidal

I had full confidence in beating her stall no matter what team I brought.

• Key Features:
    • needed check for M2y, frequently used
    • needed way to defeat any and every kind of Ogre, versatile offensive and defensive mon, frequently used
      • These two points combined to form Groudon
    • My usual sets would likely be covered. So I wanted to make a powerful lure set, probably with the new (at the time) hip thing which was Stake. Although some lesser sets have been used including Stakeout Zygarde, I stuck with my key and most favorite mon, megaray, which I also expected her to prepare for (since I use it very freely; my sample team in the bh thread has two..)
      • the mixed Stakeout Raymega was born. But the problem was that it can sometimes be stalled out by slow pivot. So I created the ultimate and supreme combo, Beak Blast Megaray, which always has the Stakeout buff and catches slow pivot
    • I expected some kind of setup with Judgment as a safe option. For this I ran unaware Giratina and draegn advised me that Griseous actually hits very hard which is a bonus for her usual walls. being able to deal near 50% witha defensive mon on an opposing Giratina/M2y is great news. Earth Plate chansey was my "last-ditch" check just in case I needed it, since I expected it to be Koff'd soon anyway (very prevalent in her teams) and I only would need it to scout (and if stall, eviolite would not be needed at all)
    • Draegn puts a lot of faith in non-prankster Registeels so I took his advise and put in Levitate Regi to improof the megaray and we were good to go
    • The other popular meta trend at this time was Gengarite which seemed to be a popular choice in most of her teams, whether the perish encore trap, or the ice beam trap. It was important to be prepared and thus pretty much any mon on my team can at the very last have a fighting chance against it, if not neutralize it completely (Beak would dissuade it coming in after a slow pivot, added Shed Shell on registeel, which was also gonna be a great lure for pursuit trap Gyara etc)
  • End Result: I was p happy with this team and we did p well in the actual game which was almost perfect with our predictions, probably the only time that this happened in the entire tour to this extent. I hope Anna was ok.

Week2: TheBurgerKing99/Halliday http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-606204563
  • High Level: Tbh there' sa reason this says v2. I made huge wholesale changes near the actual match because I had received a few new replays of TBK trying some other things so I changed a lot of the original team to better handle these threats, the key one being extreme HO. My goal was to try and tackle defensive to balanced teams, as well as the odd HO if it made an appearance. As seen from the previous game with Kartana, we had expected some unconventional set, and though we expected him not to use the same Kartana set again, we tried to put in some safeguards for it. The key disappointment was that a lot of what we predicted for the team, we put in safeguards for, but by some cosmic coincidence, we just got pretty bad MU
  • I had not used Specs megaray in a while, and it seemed solid to not provide any switch ins for any walls or stakeout mons to be able to come in on
  • Scarf Chan helped protect against HO or some weird Stakeout if needed
  • I put in Yveltal because I knew I had had the odd weakness to Gengar, and Gengar usage was decently used in TBK's teams, including the use of Sludge Wave
  • After extensive tests, especially with sugarhigh, I had faced this Xerneas that he used that I decided to adapt to my team to fill a last slot. TBK's strategy against PH setup seemed to be Core, and I noticed that he didn't use Spectral as much as Topsy w/ Unaware. This would theoretically be able to stop/stall that out
  • End Result: As I mentioned, we were supremely unlucky in that most of my predictions were correct, but they ended up with him running the single best team to face ours. His unconventional choice was a non-standard Stakeout Gengar, probably the only kind the Yveltal could not stop, and the single best counter to our specs Megaray in Sand Tyranitar with Pursuit. I also made a misplay by going to Xern before going to Megaray in the end, and my plan for using Xern against his topsy Unaware Dino (which I had predicted) also failed since I was pretty unlucky in my sleep rolls (I think it was a couple 1 turn sleeps, and then a miss entirely) and I was unfortunately 6-0'd. Oh well, I guess karma was served when TBK faced Jasp later on and lost to a perfect MU (Shed) and unfortunate sleep rolls off of Lovely Kiss (3 turn from Gengar) leading to being 0-6'd.The biggest disappointment was that our initial team would've probably done much much better against this team that TBK used, as it had double set up Groudon. I will take the blame entirely for making the last minute changes that primarily led to the defeat
  • TBK mentioned he was high during our game and because his Dino was as woke as he must've been, I have made the appropriate song choice, also reflecting how I have No Malice for the somewhat hax, since I shouldn't have changed teams on such short notice. Fortunately, our team was already 5-0 so the game that I lost ended up being also the only one where my win was not needed in the rest of the tour

Week3: Jasprose http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-609598699
  • High Level: Jasp had been stealing hearts with his bulky offense and mixed Groudon one-shotting Giratina's which me and draegn wanted to avoid, but also expected facing, maybe with a facelift. I figured he'd run something similar but different for example Magic Guard or something like TBK had used in my previous game and from there we decided to build something for his downfall. We made a special lure Groudon set for his counter which was often FC arc, a mon that would not be able to withstand a strong special Groudon. It was then that Draegn made the speed boost standalone don set and though I made the moveset, the credit belongs with him alone, since I was pretty skeptical about it. Ultimately it proved to be the key factor in deciding the game
  • In the version I played with, I actually swapped out Chansey for PH Giratina and swapped around rocks, defogger, topsy and general anti-sleep presence in case there was a PH setup with sleep, as was becoming the latest trend in the meta at the time
  • I wanted to try a remixed "Doom Dialga" with M2y to keep pressure on the field and potentially allow the don to set up if I need to, and another setup sweeper would be great. Unfortunately he ran the same Unaware instead of a different dark type set so it didn't pan out, but it still kept the pressure up as needed
  • Our check was originally to use the same Arc as Jasp himself, but after facing Klang, I decided to switch to an Ogre variant that he used as it also allowed me to have rocks, and a Normalize check. Things mightve been easier if I kept his set with Ice Beam though but oh well

• End result: Switching out Chansey made it pretty easy to clear his only wall for our Don since he felt he didn't need it and basically paved the way for the win. Luckily, I didn't make any misplays this time. The game had been billed as a "master vs protegee" kinda thing as a result of Jasp's impressive rise in the BH landscape in his quest to become The Best Around

Week4: GL Volkner http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-612927196
  • High Level: Didn't really know what to expect of VD. I know he wanted to prove himself to me and he had a few bh members on his team. I assumed he may just play safe with the odd surprise here or there as was his usual playstyle so I just strung together whatever I could. This week was also the least amount of time I had had to prepare in the tour as a result of various factors and resulted in (imo) one of my most shoddily put together teams
  • because of this, this team mostly has repeats of older sets with some slight changes, such as using a set normally used in Psychic Surge but as a Stakeout user M2y, a mixed super set up Groudon that can beat almost all the FC (FC Chan, FC Zyg, FC giratina, FC Arceus, FC audino) and also a check for prio, and some generic setup/nuke insurance mons in double prankster Giratina and Registeel. In the final edition, and almost 10minutes before the game, I decided to gut out the APS don and put in a Water Absorb don because I decided on a gut feel that I don't think I'd see prio as much as I would see a scald user (as has been typical from his teams before) and that would instantly destroy any chance of setting up at any time. This paid off since he ended up not running prio at all, and had a Scald Arceus with Unaware/FC
  • End Result: I nearly lost since in my shoddiness I killed the mon that was my Yveltal improof and Vd could've won but he became overconfident. I managed to make some good plays at the end and secure the win
  • This team can be used now, just by replacing Stakeout with Psychic Surge, and keeping most of the rest absolutely the same
  • His desire to prove himself to me, and his not so secret adoration (as evidenced in his post match shoutout) makes this song a good fit

Week 5: morogrim ft draegn http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-616243901

(team not linked since I haven't asked draegn about it, he can link if he wants)
  • In a change, I decided to swap draegn in for morogrim for several reasons, including draegn also wanting to play moro himself. I thought it'd be fitting for him to play my former partner and also his former tutor to which he responded:
  • As far as I knew moro, i expected him to run some mixed setup set that was probably also a nuke at +0 as evidenced by almost all of his previous games, and that he ran solid and safe defensive cores so we decided to use some safe and tested cores. Something that we had noticed was that his ph checks usually included Core mons, and Topsy Giratina (as his Gigas answer) so draegn opted to reuse the Xerneas since it would be unexpected (till that point we had reused no single set, including imposter, completely). I gave him my defensive cores I used over the years and he adapted them to the gyarados, and the combination of these two won the game
  • End Result: draegn made some great plays and netted the win. I couldn't believe that moro would run rain especially one that was pretty similar to sugarhigh (whom we had both tested against). Sorry moro, but not that sorry about draegn proving to be just as good a BH partner :p
    Draegn is also a much better user of Xern than me since he is great at Sleep even in tests against me

Finals: morogrim http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-620731725

• High Level: I didn't know what moro would bring and I learned from my mystake about bringing too much of a specialized team when I faced badlighter in a previous final, so I decided to just make a "bestof" team with sets that I am comfortable in, and some key changes to just overpower anything he could put forward
  • There was only one loss for me in the previous 8 games, and I was sure not to lose to a gengar again. I added yveltal which proved to be key to defeating his Marshadow, but also made Kyogre check it. This time I added Ice Beam to not regret it from the game against Jasp, and sure enough, in this scenario, spectral thief would've been the much better option
  • At this time, I had been playing a lot of Gen 5 BH again with sugar and the others so I felt like going retro and using the destructive force of Regigigas. We had already seen how moro's prep for sleep was also kinda low so we gambled on running that again, with draegn suggesting this set after much discussion on what final set to use
  • As part of this retro gen 5 gameplay, and on draegn's key suggestion, we decided to run Entrainment. I also had been losing to Xerneas constantly during our tests, so we decided to swap out Core which would also be most likely unprepared for. And sure enough, it proved pivotal though I did not realize it, with a good answer to Conversion Kyogre
  • We didn't get to use this Primal Don, but it seemed like it would've destroyed the entire team. This was an idea I had developed from a backup Sun team we had prepared and we modified it for use here. The improof being FF aegi, which would also be a decent answer to some sets moro has used in the past
  • End Result: This was a pretty solid team but ultimately Regigigas was all that was needed to power through. Moro i think got caught up in preferring creativity over functionality which also helped

Rejected set ideas
OI knew I'd need a proper BH partner after having moro who proved to be a great foil. BH is such a vast and diverse meta to build a single game for, so having a partner is key. Here are just some of the sets that we made and rejected, often for good reason. This is a small sample of all the sets that we made (and a small sample, there were many many). That's part of the great fun of BH

• Pixilate Shed w/ Baneful Bunker, Pursuit, Feint, Endeavor; really wanted to use this, defeated so many teams in tests, but draegn felt it was too gimmicky
  • Contrary Groudon with Plate
  • Speed Boost Raymega (suggested by draegn): ultimately this got replaced with Groudon
  • Refrigerate M2x with Smash, Stored Power/Power Trip, Espeed; not exactly a meme set since I had used this before but we decided against it against moro
  • Normalize Gengar-Mega w/ Skill Swap, Perish Song, Judgment, Thousand Waves; rejected by draegn J:
  • Adaptiblity Garchomp Mega: I wanted to use this against moro just for old times, but ultimately rejected due to repeated coverage with don
  • Pixilate Mewtwo Mega Y
  • Contrary Stored M2x
  • Contrary Groudon: similar to Jasprose's against us but rejected due to subpar improofs that we couldn't risk
  • Conversion PH Kyogre Primal: ironically we were gonna use this earlier on, but rejected
  • several No Guard mons
  • Speed Boost Kyurem Black: similar to Groudon but rejected due to weakness to Core, SR etc
  • APS Kyurem Black: rejected cause no good improof to the set we wanted
  • SF Groudon with Sacred/Seed Flare: I rejected this, cause I thought moro's set was actually better, and we didn't want to just copy him

And that's it
--------------
Shoutouts
I'm not really good at doing this so bear with me

draegn: the key member to my BH success this season. He kept me in check, and was greatly involved. I am glad that he also got the chance to prove himself before he had to leave for a while. Almost all of our teams were a good mixture of my and his teambuilding strategies and I think worked really well. Together we went 5-1, the best record of any BH memebr in this ompl, and also let me win continue my streak to have 7/8 wins. If I had kept the initial team you helped me build, we might've gone undefeated as well

All of my opponents: providing great challenges for us. I am not trying to sound vain/arrogant but a lot of our games were pretty close, much more than I expected and I had to bust out every trick I had to get my wins

The Immortal: putting together the team, taking my advice this year for picking Larpas, and in general being a great manager. Many people think you were really invasive but I think you had a pretty hands off approach and let us do our thing. I hope I was able to be worth the money you shelled out for me and I enjoyed playing the second-in-command for the team. Together we finally were able to get the title that I had so missed the past few years after getting close every time. We were aligned in most of our beliefs and strategies especially in letting our performance speak for us, instead of making big talk , invite undue pressure and then flop horrendously

Leru The Ruins of Alpha 1 True Lycan Mark_K Fardin I mentioned the team and you guys were the best that we could've asked for, a great bunch of nice people, smart players and great teambuilders. Drampa laid down the foundation, winning key battles, MarkK showed his prowess, and almost ruined """THEBEST""" if not for a crit (which you got revenge for right after the ompl anyway), fardin showed his worth in helping everyone as well as he could've, 1 True Lycan, only you could beat Steel with Poison, Larpas is the GoatKing of OMPL and knowing we could rely on you helped us a lot even if I had to tell you not to use the shit Yawn Snorlax and convince you, and ofc Leru for pulling through on a meta you just began. You all are the greatest and I hope I was able to be a helpful part of your team and help you without being overbearing as best as I could. If I don't play OMPL again, I can now look back and see the win I was finally able to get and it'll all be because of you all

testing friends:
@DG9 also for the finals song since I don't actually know music despite this post being music themed
sugarhigh also fun playing gen 5 BH again
Klang also that week 1 comment, I'm glad you came around to the truth

GL Volkner thx for making PS and OMPL a pleasant experience not just for me but for everyone you were in contact with. You also supported me all the time and I'm sure you are much better than you think, despite you attributing everything to my support

Ransei and the Jolteons being a good sport and great finalist to face

highlighter for fleeing from me, making me the undisputed best OMPL BH pick

everyone else in the OMPL for making it a fun experience. This will definitely be one to rememeber and a great one for me to finally win. There were some realy exciting matchups, some fun games and sometimes great banta. Thanks all. Despite the best efforts of our community, we showed that the OMPL is still something important and has a enough prestige to mean something when it's won

and most of all, the music crew of Batman VS Superman. I always put this on for every game that I won, and didn't put it on vs TBK, and I think it's no coincidence.

miscellaneous:
Kris
See you next season, (maybe) lul

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Infestation
- Perish Song

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Frustration
- Close Combat

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Spectral Thief
- Play Rough

Garchomp @ Choice Band
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Tapu Fini @ Waterium Z
Ability: Misty Surge
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Oblivion Wing

HO that I made originally just for personal use but ended up giving to a couple people for OMPL, whether it was used I'm not sure. The idea of this team is pretty much to just dismantle every balance and defensive core that I could think of being used in Sketchmons. Shuckle puts enough pressure on opposing teams to force in hazard removal mons, stallbreakers, and setup threats before they can be fully taken advantage of. Infestation + PSong was to make it as annoying of a lead as possible and potentially take out some of the aforementioned role-specific Pokemon without much trouble. Pretty Standard ESpeed MPinsir for the team's main late-game sweeper with Hyper Cutter to avoid Intimidate drops from Lando-I and Mawile. Next I tossed on Mimikyu with Spectral Thief to act as an all around setup check as well as a secondary late-game sweeper option. The coup de grâce of this team is Band Chomp with Thousand Arrows which can 1v6 just about anything you will run across with Web support, 2HKOing every common defensive core that I could think of, outside of hard resists to TArrows. Pokemon that do check Band Chomp can also be dealt with swiftly with either MPinsir or Thundurus. Tapu Fini is a pretty underutilized setup sweeper that I think I saw being used once, well after I came up with the set. It pairs extremely well with Band Chomp as a switch-in to basically any Pokemon that could threaten it offensively and being able to setup a Quiver Dance on threats like BB Gren, Zygarde, etc. I went with Waterium Z since Sketch seems to be filled with Water weak and neutral mons and teams generally not carrying a water resist that can threaten Fini. For the last Pokemon I decided to toss on Thundurus with Oblivion Wing so that Pokemon like Tangrowth or Sunsteel Kartana didn't just stomp this team with decent support. I gave it Taunt for being a soft check to setup mons that it couldn't OHKO/2HKO as well as to wall stall mons that want to status, clear hazards, and heal up. NP Tbolt + Oblivion Wing can break almost anything as well so that's pretty nice.

Persian-Alola @ Focus Sash
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hypnosis
- Parting Shot
- Foul Play
- Taunt

Genesect @ Choice Band
Hasty Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Explosion

Landorus @ Groundium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Frustration
- Earthquake

Magearna @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Roost
- Defog

This was mostly a team I built because I thought it would be fun to use and I wanted to trick people with the sets for some of the mons, which in testing worked beautifully. Based this team around a pseudo VoltTurn core with Alolan Persian PShot + Tinted Gene's U-turn. I really wanted to toy with No Guard Sleep + PShot for pretty much free setup against Offensive and Balanced teams. Megazard had originally suggested using Tinted Gene so I figured it could pair well for pivoting with APersian and make my opponent instinctively think my Magearna is the standard Regen AV with Volt to complete the VoltTurn core. Like my physical Thundurus set that I used previously, I decided to use DD Landorus as another bait and being fast enough to outpace common threats that double speed through weather/terrain after one Rock Polish. After one SD it also beats just about every defensive core bar Flying Unaware mons like Mandi and Zap. Magearna I made Sheer Force LO so that it could get the maximum amount of damage out of the double dance BoltBeam build I gave it as well as adding on to the illusion of it being Regen AV at first encounter. The last two mons I tossed on to act as respective checks to things I find annoying to play against in AAA like Adapt spam, Zygarde and/or Lando-I being on every other team, and bulky setup mons.

Thundurus (M) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Thrash
- Wild Charge
- U-turn

Used this set against Laxpras and had originally considered using a Z Wild Charge Bulk Up variant. A great wallbreaker for beating just about every common defensive core in AAA bar multiple Intimidate mons. Band Aerilate Thrash is incredibly spammable with only hard walls to Flying STAB like Defensive Zapdos being able to switch in safely.

Lapras @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Block
- Perish Song
- Substitute

I never figured out a good way to build around this set and since most people were spamming Offense and Adaptability I decided to stray away from using this set. Block to PSong and stalling with SubTect can pretty much net a free KO.

Last edited:

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I may have not been a player, but that does not mean I don't have teams to distribute.

I have two teams to give away. I built both of them, but don't make these teams a first priority to use. I may not be the best teambuilder but I want to showcase. I've tested these teams out and have decided that they've done well enough for me to post them here.

Team A: The team Pepa120 used.

As you have probably guessed, this was the team I had given for Pepa120 to use during his week 4 match against GmU Pokeboss9.

This team was made to mow down everything with raw power. Nothing more, nothing less. This team consisted of no stat boosting setup moves in order to give inexperienced players an easier time using this team as they wouldn't have to face situations as complex as if they were to abuse set up moves.

Kyogre: I had given Kyogre a mostly generic set. Origin Pulse for your typical every day STAB, Thunder to destroy Baton Pass teams and get cheesy paralyzes, and Ice Beam to deal with Mega Ray switchins. The only exception to its generic set was the addition of Water Spout, which I had decided to put so that pepa could launch out a surprising 150 bp STAB rain-boosted Water-type attack whenever he needed.

Arceus-Fairy: I had also given Arceus-Fairy a generic set. I've given it both Defog and Stealth Rock since they were mostly essential for every metagame. I added Arceus-Fairy on this team mainly because the team needed a Defog user. It also has the recovery it needs to manage helping out to clear hazards. Judgment simply gets rid of Rayquaza-Mega, Yveltal, and Marshadow. You may notice on the importable that Arceus-Fairy having a strange EV spread. I gave the thing max GmU just in case GmU had brought any odd surprises and because pepa could abuse its fairy-type Judgment attack as I suspected he'd rather be doing against many of the Pokemon GmU Pokeboss9 used.

Rayquaza-Mega: This was made to sweep sweep sweep no matter what. It's Adamant Nature with a Choice Band, 180 base Attack and a 120 BP Flying STAB attack you could spam with almost no backfire. It speaks for itself. Rayquaza-Mega also has coverage moves in order to hit certain Pokemon harder or faster. Those coverage moves are V-Create, which deals with Steel-type walls, Waterfall, which deals with Primal Groudon and Heatran, and finally, Extreme Speed, which lets Rayquaza outspeed the Pokemon that don't use priority.

Yveltal: Yveltal was placed into the team only to deal with sweepers that boost in attack and nothing else. I noticed the team was weak to setup so I had decided to add this in. Yveltal's signature move Foul Play severely punishes anyone who dares to set up in front of Yveltal or before Yveltal gets switched in. Yveltal was only meant to be for physical attackers. Yveltal also has Roost, Sucker Punch, and Taunt. Taunt was meant to cancel out the power of any slower Pokemon that planned to use status moves, Roost healed Yveltal up in a jiffy, and Sucker Punch ensured Yveltal's chances of launching a strong attack before the opponent without priority could do so.

Xerneas: When it comes to raw power, there are only a selective few that could do more than Choice Specs Xerneas. I didn't bother to give Geomancy in fear of it being misused in battle so instead, I had given it four attack moves. Moonblast was given as its best STAB move to do as much as well, this. Grass Knot was given in order for it to do more damage to heavyweight Pokemon that resisted Moonblast such as Primal Groudon. Psyshock was given in case GmU brought Pokemon such as Ho-Oh and Blissey in order to do higher amounts of damage to the ones more physically weak than specially. Finally, HP Fire was given in order for it to fight off those pesky Steel-types (Ferrothorn, Scizor, Ferrothorn, Ferrothorn, and Genesect) that are at least x4 weak to Fire.

Arceus-Poison: Arceus-Poison was a special case. It was only made to deal with Xerneas if it were to have set up and I had told pepa to use it only when Xerneas or any other special attacking setup user on the battlefield. It has everything to deal with Xerneas and more. Psych Up was there to copy the stat boosts the opponent had especially after setting up Geomancy or Calm Mind, Judgment was of course made for Arceus to get rid of fairies, Earth Power was given to it for it to take care of Primal Groudon if it ever were to get sent out, especially if boosts were to have been previously copied on to Arceus, and Recover well, speaks for itself.

Team B: It's called Mindless for a reason!

This team was built for the same intention as the team above it, but taken just a couple steps further.

This team has generally nothing to do with any of the OMPL matches but as I mentioned in this post, this was the monochoice team I wish I had given for pepa120 to use instead. It was built after his match against GmU Pokeboss9. The purpose of this team is literally just to use it. Barely think about what you are doing, choose the most logical move to spam, and just have fun. The only thing you should question is why on planet Earth this team could work

Rayquaza-Mega: I can imagine it being incredibly hard to make the most mindless team possible without adding in Mega Rayquaza. Like the Mega Rayquaza in Team A, this one also has a Choice Band equipped. However, it doesn't have the exact same movepool nor the same nature. It was given Jolly so that it could speed creep other Mega Rayquaza in the time of destruction. Like always, it has Dragon Ascent which helps it do massive damage to everything that fails to resist Flying-type. Like in Team A, it was also given V-Create and Extreme Speed for proper coverage and priority against the Pokemon that could normally outspeed or could wall Mega Rayquaza itself. The only difference in its movepool is the fact that it has Earthquake instead of Waterfall. Earthquake helps deal with both Primal Groudon and Heatran just as much, but it also helps deal with other steel-types that don't need for you to risk using V-Miss (I mean V-Create) in order to KO. The only real disadvantage of running Earthquake over Waterfall is that you can't ensure an OHKO on Primal Groudon with Earthquake as much as you could with Waterfall, but its benefits sure do exceed its downsides.

Arceus: Choice Band Arceus was placed into this team mainly to abuse +2 priority Extreme Speed against every Pokemon that fails to resist Normal-type. It also carries Frustration just to deal extra damage if the user is fairly confident that their opponent's Pokemon are slower. Some may ask why Frustration is a better option than Return and the only reason is because of Ditto. When people place Ditto on their teams, it's not often that they would change the amount of happiness from 255 to 0. As a result, Arceus could have a chance to gain the upper hand and Ditto users would be frustrated only to have 1BP on their Frustration move. For Pokemon that do resist Extreme Speed, they might think they could have an advantage but Arceus has something else to say about it. The Arceus on this team also has Earthquake and Shadow Claw. Earthquake is made to do super effective damage to the Rock-type and Steel-type Pokemon that resist Arceus's STAB Extreme Speed and Frustration. Shadow Claw is the other coverage move this Arceus has. It helps it do super effective damage against the Ghost-type Pokemon that are actually immune to its STAB Normal-type attacks.

Xerneas: Like the Xerneas in Team A, this one also has Choice Specs. It has almost the same EVs as the one in Team A and slightly higher IVs due to it not carrying Hidden Power this time. The Xerneas's movepool is a lot different in this team. Regardless of this, it still has Moonblast. Moonblast is the foundation of Xerneas. If it doesn't carry Moonblast, it's not an Xerneas. This is Xerneas's main STAB move that it uses often to throw opponents away with a great deal of damage done. It also has the chance of lowering the Special Attack of the opponent. When Xerneas is not spamming Moonblast it's either using a recovery move or one of its coverage moves. In this case, Xerneas has 3 coverage moves to choose from. This Xerneas has Focus Blast, which helps it deal with Steel and Normal-type Pokemon such as Arceus-Steel and Blissey. When attacking Blissey with it, be sure the Blissey is at an adequate amount of health. It can still wall Focus Blast if placed under the right conditions. Thunder helps it deal with Ho-Oh, a Pokemon who could wall Xerneas's Moonblast almost better than any other Pokemon. Thunder helps to break Ho-Oh's health bar and half and maybe even give it a chance of paralyzing it. Finally, Psychic is generally used to deal with Poison-type Pokemon. Because coverage moves such as Focus Blast and Thunder are already strong against many of the physical threats Xerneas has to handle, such as Blissey and Ho-Oh, Xerneas could just feel free to relax and use the strongest special Psychic-type move it has.

Yveltal: This Yveltal is drastically different that the one in Team A. It's carrying Choice Specs and 4 different attack moves along with max Special Attack and Speed EVs. This time, instead of Foul Play taking the spotlight as its main move, we got Dark Pulse. Dark Pulse when powered by Yveltal's Dark Aura and Choice Specs is capable of dealing a massive amount of damage and even having the capability of 2HKOing most of the metagame. As the cherry on top of this devastating move, Dark Pulse also has a 20% chance of flinching so if you actually do 2HKO, you have a chance to do it without your Yveltal being touched. Yveltal's secondary STAB move is Oblivion Wing. While weaker, it also regenerates a whopping 75% of the damage it had done to the opponent back into its HP bar. Focus Blast and Heat Wave are coverage moves that help Yveltal deal with Steel and Dark-type Pokemon. Heat Wave alone can ward off Ferrothorn and Celesteela, who are typically threats to the metagame. However, Yveltal could do the same to Celesteela with Dark Pulse. Focus Blast helps do more damage against Steel-type Pokemon than Heat Wave and is super effective to the Rock-type Pokemon Yveltal is weak to.

Mewtwo: It once never showed mercy back then in the gen 1 ages, and it still doesn't show any mercy now. Mewtwo is a devastating powerhouse with loads of coverage move it could utilize for the team. As you could expect from a monochoice team, I had no choice other than to give it Choice Specs. Choice Specs Mewtwo plows through Pokemon like a lawnmower and it's not slowing down any day! This Mewtwo has 1 STAB move and 3 coverage moves it could utilize. The STAB move it has is Psystrike, which is Mewtwo's signature move. The move can be used to tear through any opponent who isn't resisted or immune to Psychic-type. Its other three moves help it deal against generic threats. Focus Blast helps Mewtwo deal against the Dark and Steel-type Pokemon that take on Mewtwo's Psystrike with ease, Ice Beam helps it take care of Flying-types that could threaten it otherwise such as Yveltal and Mega Rayquaza, and Grass Knot helps it deal with heavy Pokemon such as Primal Groudon easier.

Groudon: Groudon when seen my many players could easily be seen as the laughing stock of this team. Who's gonna be an offensive Groudon without a Red Orb? This Groudon is! Why can't it choose between two Ground-type moves? Because one has accuracy over power and vice versa. Why is there a regular Groudon in a Generation 7 team? Because it has to run a Choice Band... Groudon can be seen as an overwhelming threat when underestimated as it carries both Precipice Blades and Earthquake along with two coverage moves that may come in handy on certain occasions. This Groudon has Earthquake generally because if a Choice Band Groudon were to have the opportunity to do so much damage without missing, it would happily take that opportunity and destroy the Pokemon that are weak to it while at the same time, doing an efficient amount to the Pokemon that don't resist Ground-type. Precipice Blades was also added due to the lack of good coverage Choice Band Groudon could utilize. Precipice Blades can do more damage overall than Earthquake but at the cost of there being a chance of it missing. While I did say Choice Band Groudon had a lack of good coverage, this particular one does have two coverage moves. It has Stone Edge for Flying-types such as Mega Rayquaza and it has Iron Head to chip off a great deal of damage from Fairy-types such as Xerneas and Arceus-Fairy.

Beware, I never intended to build around any certain Pokemon in these teams so there's nothing that brings these Pokemon into synergy. Instead they just do whatever they can by themselves. As for the second team, you just have to know when to switch in and predict what move your opponent would throw out next.​

Last edited:
since everyone else is doing team dumps, I figured I might as well do one too! (also idk much about smogon formatting so this might look weird) (also i somehow lost the team I used vs flint but will maybe try to find it/remake it) (also I left out teams that I made but didnt end up using)
None!*

=== [gen7balancedhackmons] vs fsk ===

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Psystrike
- Volt Switch
- Moongeist Beam

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Earth Plate
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Judgment
- Leaf Storm
- Moongeist Beam

Yveltal @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Revelation Dance
- Milk Drink
- U-turn
- Spectral Thief

Kartana @ Choice Band
Ability: Stakeout
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike

Swampert-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Shore Up
- U-turn
- Thousand Arrows
- Defog

Registeel @ Safety Goggles
Sassy Nature
- Shore Up
- Destiny Bond
- Haze
- U-turn

=== [gen7balancedhackmons] vs moro and aki0s ===

Rayquaza-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Tail Glow
- Oblivion Wing
- Moongeist Beam

Groudon-Primal @ Groundium Z
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Thousand Arrows
- Fleur Cannon
- U-turn

Arceus @ Safety Goggles
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Core Enforcer
- U-turn
- Defog

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
Relaxed Nature
- Fake Out
- Whirlwind
- Recover
- Metal Burst

Gyarados-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Sassy Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up
- U-turn

Celesteela @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Primordial Sea
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Milk Drink

=== [gen7balancedhackmons] vs halliday ===

>:) (Gengar-Mega) @ Spooky Plate
Timid Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Judgment
- Sludge Wave
- Quiver Dance

:^ (Kartana) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike

:s (Swampert-Mega) @ Safety Goggles
Relaxed Nature
- Shore Up
- U-turn
- Thousand Arrows
- Defog

?_? (Shedinja) @ Protective Pads
Ability: Sturdy
Brave Nature
- Endeavor
- Soak
- U-turn
- Extreme Speed

:) (Audino-Mega) @ Rocky Helmet
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Milk Drink
- Spectral Thief

:l (Registeel) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Haze
- Encore
- Milk Drink
- U-turn

Will maybe edit in shoutouts later!

*=except maybe the team vs flint

My OMPL V battle perspective;

Balanced Hackmons
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-607751933

This match was after the Gengarnite ban, I decided to recycle one of my teams which became invalid.
Originally it had 2 Regigigas + 2 M-Diancle + Gengar + Chansey.

I kept the 2 M-Diancle, the best partner was obvious P-Don.
1 P-Don is unpredictable enough, against 2 you play blindfolded.
M-Ray was added as defensive backup, Chansey stayed.

Psychlogical aspects;
I was facing GL Volkner, he showed too much respect in his posts so i thought he will bring something defensive.
Stakeout was considered next ban, so the classic stall teams were at a rise.
The likelihood of facing water types was low since GL Volkner lost round one to Kartana.
Unlike Elint he was not a know MMY player either.

Diancie-Mega @ Focus Sash
Rash Nature
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass
- Boomburst
- Sunsteel Strike

Diancie-Mega @ Focus Sash
Brave Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Sunsteel Strike
- Rapid Spin

Groudon-Primal @ Air Baloon
Ability: Refrigerate
Brave Nature
- Shell Smash
- V-create
- Boomburst
- Earth Power

Groudon-Primal @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Soundproof
Adamant Nature
- Heart Swap
- V-create
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute

Rayquaza-Mega @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Soundproof
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Boomburst
- Earth Power
- Substitute

Chansey @ Lucky Punch
Ability: Imposter
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Infestation
- Whirlwind
- Perish Song

I did a mistake with the 2nd P-Dons speed, it was meant to underspeed the first.

Anti Imposter mechanics;
Im 1: 1 Sash, 3 check, 4 strong check, 5 soft check, 6 counterpass
Im 2: 1 outspeeds, 2 Sash, 3 strong check, 4 strong check, 6 check
im 3: 1 counterboosts, 3 Balloon, 4 Berry, 5 soft check
Im 4: 3 outspeeds, 4 Berry, 5 soft check
Im 5: 5 self proof
Im 6: 6 trade

The match itself;
I saw nothing blue on screen so i knew im in a very good position.
His Giratina turned out to be the worst set i could have faced, but he totally misused it.

Anything Goes 1
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-610367393

I did not sigh in for AG, so i was surprised to play.
People wanted to see me vs Pepa120, and i knew i was pressured here.
I won againt GL Volkner, new in AG and Pepa got probably coached.

I have build my only AG team two weeks before.
Half the team checks M-Ray and the other half checks Xerneas.
Catalystic offered help, i ignored, the 3 low ladder matches i did felt good enough.

Psychlogical aspects;
My biggest mystery was Pepas skill level. I found no replays and hes unique.
I was in lead Gen 1-7 OU Tour a day ago but lost both Gen 6 and 7 OU.
AG is similar, i was a bit worried information could have leaked out.

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 120 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Toxic

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Arceus @ Sky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 40 HP / 36 Def / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Roar
- Recover

Arceus @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 40 HP / 180 SpA / 36 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Earth Power
- Recover

Manaphy @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Heart Swap
- Heal Bell
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Ingrain

Scald would be better on Manaphy.

The match itself;
My teammatchup was good, but he got some hax.
Nevertheless he got baited into staying on a Calm Minder. Easy win.

Despite the predictions and result i was actually the underdog.

AG 2

The match against Chloe got canceled for me.
"Excuse me miss" Flint would say.

The team stays archived.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)