Pokkén Tournament

My little brother mains machamp and always beats my sister - she mains lucario and always beats me- I main gardevoir and I always beat my little brother. It's like we're grass, water, fire types respectively - that is, until beating the last league with Mewtwo convinced me to switch to maining him.
Now I am the superior sibling

Serebii just mentioned that Darkrai's going to appear in the Japanese Arcade version along with them bringing the game having everything from the Wii U version now. Hopefully, we'll get the DLC soon for the Wii U version

Serebii just mentioned that Darkrai's going to appear in the Japanese Arcade version along with them bringing the game having everything from the Wii U version now. Hopefully, we'll get the DLC soon for the Wii U version
No doubt we will. This is getting exciting...!

Also, Darkrai's a Technique Pokémon

And also this:-

It also introduced a new mode for the arcade game called Mission Panel where you achieve certain mission objectives within a period of time to unlock various boosts and updates. A lot of new clothing items have been added to the arcade version, too.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Darkrai does look to be a Technique character. It's gimmick seems to be based on creating illusion doubles of itself, teleportation, and general manipulation of darkness (creating shockwaves, projectiles, and traps). A lot of its attacks also look to stun, such as illusion doubles that explode and an aerial attack.
Entry animation is what you'd expect for Darkrai, it rises from the shadows, at first hidden in a shadow cloud with its visible eye glowing. Victory animation is more darkness manipulation, creating what I can best describe as four darkness tendril batches.
And its Burst Mode takes you to a nightmare dimension filled with odd looking portraits and dark tendrils. Darkrai creates more portraits behind it and Darkrai-like hands reach out of them and grab the opponent Pokemon. Darkrai then becomes a darkness monster, gather the entire dimension into an orb around the opponent Pokemon (who's being pummeled by the hands), and then crushes it. Darkrai be like "Welcome to my nightmare, now SUFFER".
As for design Darkrai looks like Darkrai, guess there's really nothing they could do with its design as its just a mass of darkness.
Overall it looks great!

Let's see, that's 1... 2.. 5 mentions of "darkness" not counting variations of Darkrai's name.

Also I got confused when they started to show Garchomp, Braixen, and Shadow Mewtwo but then I remembered these were for the arcades that didn't have them yet.

Also, with Darkrai's addition the character roster now looks like this:

Hmm... What interesting placement...

Pokken Tournament hates me, but by adding Darkrai, it must be liking me more :P

Sorry Sceptile, you're being replaced cos Darkrai's dope af and he is definitely being my main.

Let's be honest, Pokken fighters come from popularity (and probably staff favorites). Cresselia isn't that popular and I guess not a favorite of the staff. At least its in as a Support Pokemon.
Think about it for a moment as to how cresselia is played more as a support. INVGC, in most instances, he just backs up her team with support movesets, not really sweep.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Think about it for a moment as to how cresselia is played more as a support. INVGC, in most instances, he just backs up her team with support movesets, not really sweep.
Meh, Suicune is also meant to be played as a wall with some support potential (Tailwind, Rain Dance, Mist, Reflect) but it's a playable fighter (who oddly focused on Ice-type and aurora moves instead of water; it only Water move is Hydro Pump). I feel after Suicune and Chandelure they can make any Pokemon into a fighter, but as I said popularity and I suspect also staff favorites top the candidate list.

Are you guessing/joking that what it'll be or are you saying I'm slow... which I'm not as this was just announced and hasn't been mentioned here yet.
Joking, more likely than not. Megas cannot inherently be player characters directly.

Slowbro, on the other hand...

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Slowbro would be pretty hilarious now that I think about. Mega Slowbro kind of came to my mind since I feel like they are going to throw us something really weird. I just thought that it would be funny to see it hop around and spin into opponents like a top.

Alternatively they could reveal a sun and moon Pokemon like Alohan Marowak or Snorlax (snorlium z)

Just some speculation.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I'm also thinking a Gen VII Pokemon, but more along the lines of Magearna or Tapu Koko (maybe even Zygarde or an Ultra Beast like UB-02 Absorption?).

Alolan Marowak would be interesting, Snorlax is always a solid choice (especially if its Burst is Pulverizing Pancake).

With this being on an eve of a new announcement maybe a Pokemon in the announcement might be appearing? I'd say Litten's final evo but in recent years they kept the final evo secret until the game was released. I hate to bring up a specter but, if form changing Z-Moves are a thing, maybe Greninja (still odd for it to be in SSB but not Pokken, like I can understand excluding Jigglypuff (even though non-fully evolved Pokemon are allowed to fight) but Greninja is very popular and its a ninja) with Burst being Z-Greninja?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Ash-Greninja was just revealed, making me think that adding Greninja is more likely now.

THEN AGAIN, Pokken is not connected to the main series so there was nothing holding them back to adding Ash-Greninja in the first place. Pokemon Shuffle had added Ash-Greninja way before any of this.

But Scizor or Empoleon would be cool. Would like Empoleon out of the two, we need both a Water and Sinnoh starter representative (you'd think Infernape would be in but I guess they didn't want to add in too many Fighting-types (or Fire Starters). Also it's not from Gen I, doesn't have a Mega, and no pop idol appeal).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)