SPOILERS! Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon News & Discussion MK2 **Official Media Only**

The game is already developed, the license is owned by them, and as scheduling goes, how do you forget to put up a teaser trailer or why would you put up an outdated trailer???
Given it's 10 days until Christmas and Pokémon's a popular game, I really wouldn't doubt the strategy of marketing the game having entirely new Pokémon and forms right now.
Also, it's not like they forgot; this makes perfect sense and is actually pretty awesome to me. Keep secret that you have some entirely new 'mon in the game so that it's a much bigger surprise for players, and then a month later officially reveal them when the internet's talking about them and everyone knows. This is more just to get out the official art and clarify information while also keeping the games hot for Christmas. The outdated footage of Naganadel being in a Beast Ball is odd - unless there's a future event or update planned at some point - but aside from that everything else here makes sense. If anything, bravo to Game Freak on this marketing move.

Given it's 10 days until Christmas and Pokémon's a popular game, I really wouldn't doubt the strategy of marketing the game having entirely new Pokémon and forms right now.
Also, it's not like they forgot; this makes perfect sense and is actually pretty awesome to me. Keep secret that you have some entirely new 'mon in the game so that it's a much bigger surprise for players, and then a month later officially reveal them when the internet's talking about them and everyone knows. This is more just to get out the official art and clarify information while also keeping the games hot for Christmas. The outdated footage of Naganadel being in a Beast Ball is odd - unless there's a future event or update planned at some point - but aside from that everything else here makes sense. If anything, bravo to Game Freak on this marketing move.
Yes, releasing a trailer before Christmas makes sense. Releasing an obvious teaser trailer a month after release does not.

Just give me my darn shiny Tapus and HA G7 starters Game Freak, I'll forget this happened. Quid pro quo and all that.

Wait, why isn't Poipole in a Beast Ball when given to us?
I guess it's because Poipole is choosing to join, and thus happily hops into an ordinary Poke Ball? Still, it would have been more fitting if were in a Beast Ball since it's based on the Ultra Recon Squad's technology, but that's probably something that can be tossed around in the mysteries and conspiracies thread.

I guarantee the process was probably just:
-lets put negandal in the trailer
-ok i'll generate one up for some footage
-its an ultra beast, i'll put it in a beast ball

Certainly much more understandable than that time they showcased Diancie using power gem. Or that time they showcased Diancie as a shiny.

3 words.

Dragon Dance Salamence
Fairy Wind Gardevoir
Especially notable since in XY the ralts line had no fairy type move at all until level 85/Move Relearner Gardevoir or you used the dazzling gleam TM. Even in ORAS they get Disarming Voice & Draining Kiss, not Fairy Wind

Also numerous accounts throughout the series of staged battles that are close-to-but-not-quite legal. SM & USUM loved fighting wild level 60+ gigaliths in particular

It's been a while, guys, but the keywords are back!

41. Totem Stickers: Can you find them? Captain Ilima and the others hid Totem Stickers all over Alola! Depending on how many you get, you can receive totem-sized Pokemon in return. Some are hidden pretty well, can you find them all?
42. Ball-throwing: Full-strength? Standing still? The playable character throws Poke Balls at full strength, but the Ultra Recon Squad casually throws them standing still.
43. Ultra Beast Evolution: Poipole evolves... into Naganadel! Until now, Ultra Beasts have been known to not evolve. Naganadel can release strong poisons from its stinger.
44. Wedding[: Celebrate the Pikachu wedding! Celebrate a wedding with the kids at Hano Beach Resort! Wait, the bride and groom are... Even a kiss scene? (related: this scene uses a pun where the Japanese call kisses ちゅ as an onomatopoeia, pronounced "chu", which is the last syllable in Pikachu and what they say when they kiss).
45. Necrozma: Unknown Form: Ultra Necrozma! More powerful than other legendaries? Via Ultra Burst, Necrozma becomes Ultra Necrozma!
46. Guzma's Manliness: Unmatched passion! He is loved by his grunts because of his passion.
47. Workers: Different occupations! Chefs, teachers, bellboys, etc are all over Alola! Even just supporters (i.e. those who heal you, if that's even an occupation...)
48. Slowpoke Man: Talk to the girl who is afraid of Dewpiders in Malie Garden and, wait, a Slowpoke man appears! Who is he exactly..?
49. Poke Refresh: Be friendly with your Pokemon! Take good care of them after battles to improve your friendship!
50. Ditto: Ditto transforming into humans..? Go to the Konikoni City Police Station and hear about the rumour that Ditto are transforming into humans! Check for yourself!

Yeah, it would have been great if slowpoke slowly walked out in the last part.

Anyways anyone else found the hiding places of Pukyumukyu, Pikachu and Slowpoke? I found them on Pikachu Valley and on Lusamine collection.

Is there any other place you get to see them since they seem to be an Easter egg.

Clouds

False Pretenses
is a Forum Moderatoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Does anyone know the odds of the Mimikyu appearing in the RV in Pikachu Valley? I've yet to have it happen, but have heard many have triggered the event. Guessing it's completely odds-based, as a couple people mentioned they saw Mimikyu within the first 10 tries to 'enter the RV'.

These little mini-events that have been added in USUM are actually the best, Ditto Five was pretty fun as well. Cheers to GF for adding those.

I got a few questions regarding ultra wormhole
1. How do I get to the reverse world? I either have bad luck or I'm doing something really wrong
2. How does SRing work for UBs? I read that a poke's stats are determined as soon as you step onto the ground in a wormhole, so does that mean I have to save before the wormhole to reset them?

1. How do I get to the reverse world? I either have bad luck or I'm doing something really wrong
2. How does SRing work for UBs? I read that a poke's stats are determined as soon as you step onto the ground in a wormhole, so does that mean I have to save before the wormhole to reset them?
Well, on number one it's the same with SM, you need either Solgaleo or Lunala and the right time to pass it. And it doesn't require going for the warp ride, but rather a choice like going to Ultra Megalopolis.

Uh, that information is incorrect. Non-legendary/UB Pokemon's shiny-ness is determined upon landing in a world, but at no time are any Pokemon's stats determined until you start the battle with them. By all means, save when you enter the world just before challenging the UB. (you may want to just catch the first ones in each of their worlds so that future visits will have one waiting for you at the end. The UBs are all one per visit while legendary Pokemon will no longer appear after they're caught)

Uh, that information is incorrect. Non-legendary/UB Pokemon's shiny-ness is determined upon landing in a world, but at no time are any Pokemon's stats determined until you start the battle with them. By all means, save when you enter the world just before challenging the UB. (you may want to just catch the first ones in each of their worlds so that future visits will have one waiting for you at the end. The UBs are all one per visit while legendary Pokemon will no longer appear after they're caught)
But this does mean that if you want a shiny UB, you gotta reset before the wormhole each time? If so then this is gonna suck

But this does mean that if you want a shiny UB, you gotta reset before the wormhole each time? If so then this is gonna suck
No, UBs work like the legendary Pokemon in that their shiny-ness is determined when battle starts, (like in OR/AS with anything not Deoxys or the weather trio) not the moment you land upon their world. If you want a shiny Guzzlord, save in the Ultra Ruin before pressing A next to it, for example.

Just to be clear, Ultra Wormhole sucks and you need to bring as many Synchronizers as you can get away with, right?
Well, there's no way to know what legendary Pokemon you'll find on the other side of the rarest Ultra Wormholes until you actually land, so having multiple Pokemon with Synchronize may save some time. Or, you know, save before jumping in and soft reset if the world you land in doesn't have the legendary you're currently after.

Clouds

False Pretenses
is a Forum Moderatoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Just to be clear, Ultra Wormhole sucks and you need to bring as many Synchronizers as you can get away with, right?
Each color wormhole has a set amount of legendaries that can appear, ranging from 5-7 different ones I believe, so really just soft resetting before jumping in is fine, it shouldn't take too long for you to find the desired legendary. Just make sure you enter Tier 4 holes (the ones that form a flower-sort of shape, along with 2 rings), because those will 100% of the time contain legendaries and it often only takes me 2-3 tries to find the one I'm after.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)