SPOILERS! Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon News & Discussion MK2 **Official Media Only**

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
EDIT: Erm... this was in the wrong thread. Sorry for spoilers!

Since I fell behind my daily reports and we're just freely discussing things, might as well just mention some stuff I found interesting/amusing the last few days:

Waifu/Slave Rotom Dex: So for a few hours I accidentally turned Rotom Dex into either a waifu or slave, depending on your view. At some point Rotom Dex asked if instead of the Roto-nickname if it could call me "Master". I agreed without thinking and, yeah, Rotom Dex's dialogue doesn't quite sound right when it's constantly referring to the player as its "Master". Thankfully after a few hours it just wanted to go back to using my name.

No Smashing Mallow: While they've slightly redone all the trials, I just couldn't help notice that they removed the part of Mallow's trial where you helped her mix the ingredients. :P

Ditto Five: So, after years of the fandom joking about it, USUM finally confirms it: Ditto can indeed transform into people. Now they can't really speak like a human... though that doesn't stop the police officer you're helping find the "Ditto Five" to go off on a paranoia theory of what if the Ditto could... while unsettling focusing on his partner who was temporarily replaced by one of the Ditto Five... and when you talk to him only talks about how great Ditto are.
BTW, who else caught all members of the Ditto Five and naming them after the trainer classes (or just Olivia) they had turned into? :P

Kantonian Gym: So, the Gym wasn't what I was expecting it to be. It was pretty funny with what they did... especially since I can't help imagine how annoyed my character would be being from Kanto and the "good luck" signature in his room possibly being from Lt. Surge.

Gym Guide: Take the Kantonain Gym Challenge, beat the Gym and you'll be considered a true Kantonain!
Me: ... I'm from Kanto. Vermilion City, Kanto.
Gym Trainer: We didn't know what the pails were about so we filled them with ice and drinks!
Me: ... they're suppose to hide switches to unlock electric barriers preventing you walking up to the Gym Leader.
(All trainers are using different type Pokemon)
Me: And you're all suppose to specialize in one type...
Gym Leader: You won! Here's a replica of the Surge Badge.
Me: ... It's the Thunder Badge...

Team Building: You know, I didn't think building my team would be hard when I picked Popplio to be my Starter, but if you want a balanced team with each Pokemon having a different type it's surprisingly is (at least for me). For one thing didn't realize how many Water-types the game lets you capture early on, also picking a Fire-type was more complicated though that may have been more me and getting unlucky with IVs.
As of right now (going into Sophocles trial) my team is: Primarina, Dusk Lycanroc, Lurantis, Salazzle, Shelgon, & Metang (yes, I'm raising two pseudo-legendaries, my team is already overleveled so I thought what's the harm).

Last edited:
I've got a question about unlockable music.

In Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (ORAS), Ho-Oh and Lugia were version-exclusive legendaries, and you could only unlock the battle theme of the one in your version for use in online battles. Ho-Oh's battle theme could only be unlocked in OR, and Lugia's battle theme could only be unlocked in AS. Is that also the case for USUM?

Does look like you unlock the battle themes.

However as far as I know there's no "unique" themes this time as the battle themes are shared per generation of belonging.

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Does look like you unlock the battle themes.

However as far as I know there's no "unique" themes this time as the battle themes are shared per generation of belonging.
There still is unique themes for some Pokémon, and Ho-Oh and Lugia are one of them. Giratina and Mewtwo also use unique themes despite not being their themes on their first appearance (Giratina use his Platinum one and Mewtwo uses his XY one).

Basically nothing. Some items, a TM (Smack down i believe?) and the same pokemon that were there before.
Lame. What about the roundabout of the Sunne/Moonne where you got Cosmog, that still a thing?
Speaking of which, any way to travel to the alternate dimension where time is offset by 12 hours?

Lame. What about the roundabout of the Sunne/Moonne where you got Cosmog, that still a thing?
Speaking of which, any way to travel to the alternate dimension where time is offset by 12 hours?
Identical pretty much. Get there postgame with the cover lege and you enter the other dimension.
In fact the Cosmog you receive has the Z-crystal for the legendary of the opposing game version.

I caught Solgaleo but the wormhole isn't giving me the option to go the reverse world. Help.

Edit: According to a video I need to wait for night, but some of the comments say it doesn't matter.

Is that every time? Do I need both Lunala and Solgaleo in my party to be free to go to the reverse world whenever I want?
I think the answer to both of these is yes (more confident on the first rather than the second), but I am not 100% sure as I only went to the Reverse World once in order to get Cosmog, so I can't speak from personal experience for these two and online sources are vague.

Sorry for vague answer to this.

Is that every time? Do I need both Lunala and Solgaleo in my party to be free to go to the reverse world whenever I want?
Just tested it. On Ultra Moon, Solgaleo opened the portal at night (irl daytime). I’ve had Dawn Wings Necrozma open the portal at ingame daytime, so unless something funky is up with Necrozma, the answer to your second question is yes.

I wasn't sure where to ask this and got redirected here so sorry if this isn't the thread for it

Could I have a RMT/team mate suggestions for this story line run I'm doing in Sun? My team so far is:

Brionne
Yungoos
Misdreavus
Alola Grimer
Drowzee

Best EV training spots in US, please?
I wasn't sure where to ask this and got redirected here so sorry if this isn't the thread for it

Could I have a RMT/team mate suggestions for this story line run I'm doing in Sun? My team so far is:

Brionne
Yungoos
Misdreavus
Alola Grimer
Drowzee
Misdreavus a Drowzee feel like they'd be a bit redundant together, also Misdreavus can take a long time to evolve if you don't get lucky in pokepelago

Best EV training spots in US, please?

Misdreavus a Drowzee feel like they'd be a bit redundant together, also Misdreavus can take a long time to evolve if you don't get lucky in pokepelago
I have Moon so Misdreavus evolving won't be a problem. I don't mind replacements for story mode, but I want to use Pokemon that people don't normally use.

It's not really much of a deal, but yesterday's trailer revealed that Naganadel's code is UB Stinger.

And there's also another detail... when Naganadel is presented, it's being sent out on a Beast Ball, which is currently illegal lol

It's not really much of a deal, but yesterday's trailer revealed that Naganadel's code is UB Stinger.

And there's also another detail... when Naganadel is presented, it's being sent out on a Beast Ball, which is currently illegal lol
How do you even release this thing one month after the game, for Arceus' sake.

Also, someone tick all the boxes in the ball compatibility sheet, GF has opened the floodgates

I can see a certain Youtuber make a video about the Pokemon Company being hackers for that reason... despite the "Game footage is not final" in the bottom corner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)