Pokemon Type Coverage (Excel Sheet) - NEW! Version 2.2 using December Stats!

What's the highest average Damage you can possibly get?
(without illegal movesets and 999 Special Attack that sort of stuff)
Something like L100 +6 Atk Defense Curled Rollout with a Choice Band Tricked on, on a L1 -6 Delibird/Shedinja. Shedinja for the highest % damage, Delibird for actual damage.

i'm taking about average damage as in percentage

if you try the program
the last box in the excel file is average damage
i'm talking about that one.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
thought i posted here when i stumbled upon this three weeks ago but this may be the single most powerful tool we have in objectively assessing whether a pokemon is uber or ou, it's that good

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I updated this Excel sheet to include Doug's most recent stats, and tweaked a few more things to make it return an even more accurate percentage damage.

So what movesets have the best type coverage?

So far I've gotten as high as 98.79% average damage with a Focus Punch / Overheat / Thunderbolt / HP Ice Magmortar. A Salamence with Outrage, Earthquake, Fire Blast gets 88%. Adamant Choice Band Garchomp gets over 106%.

Head Smash / Earthquake / Fire Punch / Focus Punch Rampardos gets some pretty good coverage

98% good

of course you'll never see that set, but Stone Edge / Earthquake / Fire Punch / Superpower still does 92.4 %

I am asking though what the number actually means. If it is 100% does that mean it OHKO's everyone?

Edit: with choice band it would be 100.97% with the second set, but it tells me I can't put in 706 attack stat so I'm not sure if that's right

This looks really really cool. I am having a problem though. I save as the file and then open it but it gives me a read only file with the stats of all the pokemon. How do I get the file where I can input the pokemon and moves and such?

X-Act

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I updated the Excel sheet yet again today. I had the incorrect usages of Pokemon having two different abilities, which made the average damage slightly higher than how it should have been. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Please redownload again for the latest version. This should finally work correctly.

The latest version also fixes Jaroku's problem.

Just a quick question. When entering in the attack stat, what multipliers do you have to put in when you type the number?

For example, say I wanted to see which did more average damage between Platinum's Dance-Orb Scizor vs. Platinum's Choice Band Scizor? Do I keep the number the same 394 for both or do you input the number for what the attack stat would be after choice band and life orb/ swords dance multipliers?

This looks very cool. For some reason when I download it I can't open it, because I need to know what created it.

Or, even when I double click on the boxes nothing happens... Anybody know a way to fix this?

X-Act

First of all, if the average damage is 100%, it means that it OHKOes everything. Version 1.2 overcalculated the damage resulting in the percentage sometimes exceeding 100%. This has been fixed in version 1.2.1.

Just a quick question. When entering in the attack stat, what multipliers do you have to put in when you type the number?

For example, say I wanted to see which did more average damage between Platinum's Dance-Orb Scizor vs. Platinum's Choice Band Scizor? Do I keep the number the same 394 for both or do you input the number for what the attack stat would be after choice band and life orb/ swords dance multipliers?
If you want Dance-Orb Scizor, you type in Scizor's attack x 2 x 1.3 and then the three attacks. If you want Choice Band Scizor, you type in Scizor's attack x 1.5 and then the four attacks.

Just remember that Dance-orb Scizor would reach that type coverage after one turn of stat-up.

This looks very cool. For some reason when I download it I can't open it, because I need to know what created it.

Or, even when I double click on the boxes nothing happens... Anybody know a way to fix this?
I don't understand. Which Excel version do you have?

I don't know if I even have Excel, but I must since I can at least open it. I think I have 2003, is that too old?

Oh, and thanks.

If you want Dance-Orb Scizor, you type in Scizor's attack x 2 x 1.3 and then the three attacks. If you want Choice Band Scizor, you type in Scizor's attack x 1.5 and then the four attacks.

Just remember that Dance-orb Scizor would reach that type coverage after one turn of stat-up.
Yeah, I know about taking into consideration the prestat-up results too. I was just using that as an example.

Alright so for the Dance Orb even though I am typing in "1024" for the attack stat it still comes up with an entry is invalid. I get the average percentage, but it does not stay up. That supposed to happen? I have Excel 2007 and your most recent verison of this.

That's normal. The Data Validation in those cells only allows whole numbers from 1 to 999 as opposed to just allowing whole numbers greater than 0.

X-Act

Actually I'm going to fix that, since the attack and special attack stats can go way beyond the current maximum allowed by the excel sheet.

X-Act

I have just fixed the maximum attack and special attack allowed in the Excel sheet. Redownload it for the latest version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)