Pokemon: The New First Gen (Submissions for new Pokemon Over, Except costumes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Honestly, were it not for my outrage I wouldn't remember myself, that's how forgettable Carbbori is.
I agreed with the fact that Carbbari had lacked of real niches or at least gimmick to make it standout. Even the concept in general doesn't make sense enough for me.

I could use the carbon concept as a pollution legendary Pokémon to make contrast with a Pokémon that could represent nature (or at least to contrast Celebi, a Pixie who got associated with not only time, but also nature at some extent), but this is the decision of you folks in here.

I will wait if this concept would then make more sense or if it should be completely reworked.

Last edited:
What is Carbbori again?
As we were talking about on the discord server, it's time to replace some legendaries that most people don't like. So...
Name: Carbbori
Name justification: Carbon + boring (oil and gas)
Type 1: Rock
Type 2:
Ability:
Flare Boost
Hidden Ability: Victory Star
Stats: 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100 (600)
Moves: Accelerock, Rock Blast, Rock Slide, Rock Throw, Rollout, Stealth Rock, Rock Polish, Stone Edge, Smack Down, Sandstorm, Ancient Power, Power Gem, Night Slash, Dark Pulse, Thief, Assurance, Knock Off, Beat Up, Tackle, Splash, Overheat, Flamethrower, Ember, Fire Spin, Flame Wheel, Flame Charge, Fire Lash, Disarming Voice, Sweet Kiss, Charm, Baby-Doll Eyes, Earthquake, Underground Trap, Rocky Terrain, Baton Pass, Mud Slap, Magnitude, Dig, Bulldoze, Earth Power, Toxic Spikes, False Swipe, Poison Gas, Muddy Water, Octazooka, Haze, Minimize, Harden, Sharpen, Flail, Trick Room, Safeguard, Hidden Power, Protect, Substitute, Rest, Sleep Talk, Return, Frustration
New Moves: * Bottom Black Pit - Rock type, special, 80 BP, 15 PP, 95% acc.
Deals dual Rock/Dark type damage, lowers speed by one.
** Bottom Black Spill - Dark type, status, - BP, 20 PP, 80% acc, priority +1.
Covers the target in oil that explodes if the target uses a Fire-type move. Gives Infected status.

Other Notes: The game's mythical pixie, even though we have many legendaries there still isn't one with 100 stats all around. Based on Texas coal and oil since the game takes place in southern US. Victory Star is a reference to Texaco. Since Machinalibur, our other mythical legendary, is based on a what-if male-Magearna, I had in mind Diancie when making Carbbori. Imagine it as a male, rough and black Diancie. Carbbori also has another mythical's ability, Victini, so it's full of references. (((Will probably replace Florashine)))
Competitive Use: Versatile attacker. Use Victory Star when in need of a physical attacker because of Stone Edge, use Flare Boost with a Flame Orb when in need of a special attacker, use Dark Aura when in need of a mixed attacker or utility (boosted Knock Off and boosts ally in doubles).

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
While we are at it, I got more ideas involving the Aqua Hat costume, for the Goomy Line.
Coral Goomy
Costume Required
: Aqua Hat
Type 1: Water
Type 2: Rock
Ability 1: Sap Sipper
Ability 2: Shift Swim
Hidden Ability: Competitive
45 HP, 40 Atk, 55 Def, 65 Spa, 55 Spd, 60 Spe, 320 BST
New Moves
: Hydro Pump, Scald, Surf, Swim Up (Boost Special Attack and Speed by one stage), Gemstone Absorb (Rock-type, Special Move, 100 BP, 95 Acc., heal user's HP by 50% damage done to it's target.)
Concept/general Design: A bluer Goomy with gemstones grown on its forehead and its back. Their "antennas" are longer and have a blue spot. This is in addition of wearing the Aqua Hat.
Other Notes/Competitive Use: AKA How to make a genuinely good Water/Rock Sweeping Pokémon. Kabutops and Carracosta were known to do that but not good enough in OU does to low Special Defense and crippled by Grass moves. The Aqua Goomy line will be the very first Water/Rock-type to be a Pseudo-Legendary and this one will be more Special Attack oriented than others. You can also put a Toxic Orb on it and boost its Defense and Special Defense, and you got Gemstone Absorb to keep it alive. More details on Aqua Goodra.

Coral Sliggoo
Costume Required
68 HP, 55 Atk, 78 Def, 93 Spa, 83 Spd, 80 Spe, 472 BST
New Moves
: Hydro Pump, Scald, Surf, Swim Up (Boost Special Attack and Speed by one stage), Gemstone Absorb (Rock-type, Special Move, 100 BP, 95 Acc., heal user's HP by 50% damage done to it's target.)
Concept/general Design: Same as Coral Goomy, but started to develop a shell-like rock that is covered in corals and sapphires. Its former shell-like tail had been unrolled to make place.
Other Notes/Competitive Use: It is surely overshadowed by Coral Goodra in many ways, does to lack of access for items does to having to hold the Aqua Hat, otherwise it might be fairly bulky. At least you cannot get a Goodra without evolving it from Sliggoo.

Coral Goodra
Costume Required
95 HP, 100 Atk, 95 Def, 120 Spa, 100 Spd, 110 Spe, 620 BST
New Moves
Concept/general Design: Same as Coral Goomy and Coral Sliggoo, but this time, its shell-like rock become notably thinner, but had longer corals and more sapphires. Its gemstones are also multi-colored.
Other Notes/Competitive Use: This one is to give Goodra a new playstyle; fast Special Sweeper unlike Kabutops and Carracosta, with a better Special Defense (not that great, but still makes Coral Goodra bulky with 95 / 95 / 100). If you don't think you could protect it enough with Ice-Moves from Grass Pokémon, then Sap Sipper will remove its biggest weakness despite its Attack only slightly weaker. Or use Competitive if you foresee a Pokémon with Intimidate and punish Landorus-T in the face.

More to come later. If this line (or at least Coral Goodra) could be overpowered, please warn me.

EDIT: Gotten rid of the signature ability by Competitive.

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
I agreed with the fact that Carbbari had lacked of real niches or at least gimmick to make it standout. Even the concept in general doesn't make sense enough for me.

I could use the carbon concept as a pollution legendary Pokémon to make contrast with a Pokémon that could represent nature (or at least to contrast Celebi, a Pixie who got associated with not only time, but also nature at some extent), but this is the decision of you folks in here.

I will wait if this concept would then make more sense or if it should be completely reworked.
No. We need an ancient pixie, pollution is too modern.

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
This was necessary. I'm very surprised nobody has come up with this yet...
God Tier Koffing
Costume Required: Stall Shield
Type 1: Steel
Type 2: Fairy
Ability 1: Regenerator
Ability 2: Levitate
Hidden Ability: Huge Power
100 HP, 60 Atk, 110 Def, 5 Spa, 80 Spd, 5 Spe, 360 BST
New Moves: Recover, Moonblast, Flash Cannon, Play Rough, Iron Head, King's Shield.
Concept/general Design: Koffing will turn silver and have a much more shiny look to it. It will no longer expel gas, but will instead have Aegislash's shield, Clefable's "wings" and some Mega Rayquaza design aspect that I haven't come up with yet.
Other Notes/Competitive Use: God Tier Koffing is going to be a very defensive Pokemon with an amazing typing and access to various defensive moves like Taunt, Will-O-Wisp, Recover and King's Shield. However, unlike other walls, it's not going to fall to Taunt like other defensive Pokemon, since its uninvested base 60 Attack hits 138 and its invested attack stat is about 169. In theory, it could run an attacking set, but other than Gyro Ball, Play Rough and Return, it gets no good Physical moves at all, so it would most likely prefer to run Defensive sets.

Also, thanks to Cookie Butter for helping me come up with the design, abilities etc.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Samtendo09 I really like your submissions but could you use existing abilities (either from the main games or from previous submissions). We can't give a new signature ability to every other new Pokemon, y'know what I mean? For example Super Strength, I know it's supposed to be a buffed version of Guts, but I think just giving it Guts is fine.

machinalibur is more ancient than carbbori was tbh

and if its 100 all around without a gimmick again i will initiate self-harm
Carbon =/= pollution... Coal is literally just rocks made from ancient trees.

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Samtendo09 I really like your submissions but could you use existing abilities (either from the main games or from previous submissions). We can't give a new signature ability to every other new Pokemon, y'know what I mean? For example Super Strength, I know it's supposed to be a buffed version of Guts, but I think just giving it Guts is fine.

Carbon =/= pollution... Coal is literally just rocks made from ancient trees.
Yup, I changed the Abilities with only official Abilities. Aqua Hariyama line will get Technician, Guts and Drizzle, while Coral Goodra line will get Sap Sipper, Shift Swim and Competitive.

Okay, the Ability choice is quite dangerous, but this is to make up for not being able to hold items does to Costume.

Good thing that Item Clause exists preventing two Aqua Hats from being used, otherwise a team with both Aqua Hariyama and Coral Goodra (especially in Doubles) would be a pain to get through, especially in a Rain team.

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Yup, I changed the Abilitis with only official Abilities. Aqua Hariyama line will get Technician, Guts and Drizzle, while Coral Goodra line will get Sap Sipper, Shift Swim and Competitive.

Okay, the Ability choice is quite dangerous, but this is to make up for not being able to hold items does to Costume.
Cool. You can also use other abilities we've come up with before. I can't really point you to a list with all of them since there isn't one, but some of them are here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...CPWTso7bFZNpAGX4F7wuHBPQY/edit#gid=1945922128
I think some of those will be removed by the way, there are over 50 in that list and like I said that's not even all of them.
Also, if it's a very special case, you can come up with your own abilities. Just give them to multiple Pokemon lines, that would be good.

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Cool. You can also use other abilities we've come up with before. I can't really point you to a list with all of them since there isn't one, but some of them are here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...CPWTso7bFZNpAGX4F7wuHBPQY/edit#gid=1945922128
I think some of those will be removed by the way, there are over 50 in that list and like I said that's not even all of them.
Also, if it's a very special case, you can come up with your own abilities. Just give them to multiple Pokemon lines, that would be good.
I stick with the Abilities for the Aqua Hats wearers, but I see that it might not be updated soon if the maker of the doc haven't comeback yet.

Although I have a new one Ability; Strong Arms, in which boost the user's Attack, Defense and Special Defense by 1.3x if affected by any Statuses and not hindered by Burn. Given to Machamp line (replaces Steadfast), Swampert line (replaces Damp, as a second Ability not an Hidden Ability for a starter would not be fair), Sawk (replaces Inner Focus), Sudowoodo itself (replaces Rattled) and Hitmonchan (replaces Keen Eye).

Yup, I changed the Abilities with only official Abilities. Aqua Hariyama line will get Technician, Guts and Drizzle, while Coral Goodra line will get Sap Sipper, Shift Swim and Competitive.

Good thing that Item Clause exists preventing two Aqua Hats from being used, otherwise a team with both Aqua Hariyama and Coral Goodra (especially in Doubles) would be a pain to get through, especially in a Rain team.
i would disagree, because custom abilities and moves are what sets the mod's mons apart from mods that don't allow them. Even if you aren't going to give brand new ones, at least use ones that are already in the mod

Item clause does not exist. Doesn't really matter too much IMO, it's not really that bad.

Question for Jerrytkrot : Can moves granted by costumes only be used while in that costume?

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Exploudit Hey, can ya remove some of the Aurulong forms? We have 14 freaking legendary Dragons lol.
Note: We have 4 of Dark, Fire, Ghost and Steel, I'd suggest removing those, but ultimately it's up to you. Also please don't remove Normal since it's the only Normal type legendary we have.

Exploudit Hey, can ya remove some of the Aurulong forms? We have 14 freaking legendary Dragons lol.
Note: We have 4 of Dark, Fire, Ghost and Steel, I'd suggest removing those, but ultimately it's up to you. Also please don't remove Normal since it's the only Normal type legendary we have.
Yeh, I know we have too many of them, but they all have their flavor reasonings, I originally made them to be inspired by the 9 sons of the Dragon from the Chinese mythology (I had completely forgetting this was US based when I was doing them, but we do see Pokemon like the Regi Trio, which are inspired by the Hebrew Mythology on a Japan based Region, as well as Nordic Mythology Legendaries on France and Hawaii so I don't think a Chinese Legendary on an US based region is that big of a stretch) Anyways, since each of them has a lore meaning, removing some and leaving others would feel pretty awkward to me, but if that the Pet Mod prefers, that's up to you guys. Personally I'd be happy if we could keep them, but if you guys want some of them gone I'm completely fine :)

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Yeh, I know we have too many of them, but they all have their flavor reasonings, I originally made them to be inspired by the 9 sons of the Dragon from the Chinese mythology (I had completely forgetting this was US based when I was doing them, but we do see Pokemon like the Regi Trio, which are inspired by the Hebrew Mythology on a Japan based Region, as well as Nordic Mythology Legendaries on France and Hawaii so I don't think a Chinese Legendary on an US based region is that big of a stretch) Anyways, since each of them has a lore meaning, removing some and leaving others would feel pretty awkward to me, but if that the Pet Mod prefers, that's up to you guys. Personally I'd be happy if we could keep them, but if you guys want some of them gone I'm completely fine :)
Ahhhhh. I thought it was based on the Chinese horoscope and you only did 9 out of 12 or something lol. I think we can keep them all then.

Going to suggest to zerobreaker000 a possible type change for the Science Dragons.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
cracks knuckles
Introducing our ancient legendary. Thanks to Sereg, Jin, The Cruelest and Ludicrousity on the Discord server for the help.
So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, ROMALON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF UBERS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE METAGAME.
And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

Romalon (Whore of Babylon + Rome)
Type: Dark/Poison
Ability: Charming Touch
Hidden Ability: Intimidate
Stats: 115, 105, 80, 85, 100, 95; (total: 580)

Mounted Romalon
Type:
Ground/Poison
Ability: Beast Boost
Stats: 95, 135, 105, 110, 140, 95; (total: 680)

Moves: Attract, Revelation Dance, Teeter Dance, Swords Dance, Petal Dance, Fiery Dance, Triple Kick, Tickle, Constrict, Pound, Beat Up, Arm Thrust, Tail Slap, Dual Chop, Power Gem, Venom Drench, Cross Poison, Belch, Will-o-Wisp, Baby-Doll Eyes, Memento, Slack Off, Hone Claws, Confuse Ray, Assurance, Fake Tears, Feint Attack, Pay Day, Knock Off, Nasty Plot, Power Trip, Lovely Kiss, Disarming Voice, Draining Kiss, Thief, Snarl, Snatch, Torment, Taunt, Embargo, Amnesia, Substitute, Protect, Hidden Power, Rest, Sleep Talk, Toxic, Sweet Strike(submitted previously), Drunken Style*

Moves (Mounted Only): Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Dragon Tail, Earthquake, Bulldoze, Magnitude, Bone Rush, Fissure, Sand Tomb, Rock Tomb, Iron Head, Power Split, Clear Smog, Psywave, Light Screen, Reflect, Headbutt, Megahorn, Venoshock, Toxic Spikes, Mirror Coat, Wonder Room, Trick Room, Head Smash, Horn Drill, Horn Attack, Horn Leech, Stealth Rock, Seven-Mountain Beast Strike

*New Move:
Drunken Style
Type: Poison (Physical)
Power: 100
Accuracy: 100%
Effect: Attacks for two to three turns. Poisons the user.
Other Pokémon who get it: Costume Igglybuff and Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff, Spinda, Pangoro, Bounsour and Tsaracid, Gulpin and Swalot and Goobblob, Shroomish and Breloom and Breloom-Harmo, Serprise and Lamiasma, Gligar (egg move), Zangoose (egg move)

*New Legendary Signature Move (Mounted Only):
Seven-Mountain Beast Strike
Type: Ground (Physical)
Power: 15
Accuracy: 90%
Effect: Hits 7 times. Deals super-effective damage against Dragons.
Other Pokémon who get it: None obviously.

Competitive Use: Where do I even begin? I'll just list sets.
Power Trip Sweeper
Romalon @ Leftovers
Ability: Charming Touch / Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Power Trip
- Slack Off
- Cross Poison

Confusehax
Romalon @ Leftovers
Ability: Charming Touch
Jolly Nature
- Triple Kick / Beat Up / Arm Thrust / Tail Slap
- Lovely Kiss
- Slack Off
- Teeter Dance / Taunt / Knock Off

Special Sweeper
Romalon @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Nasty Plot
- Revelation Dance
- Sweet Strike / Power Gem

Physically Defensive
Romalon @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-o-Wisp / Lovely Kiss / Toxic
- Slack Off
- Knock Off
- Toxic Spikes

Status Shuffler
Romalon-Mounted @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-o-Wisp / Toxic / Lovely Kiss
- Slack Off
- Dragon Tail
- Taunt

Physical Sweeper
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Seven-Mountain Beast Strike
- Substitute / Slack Off
- Rock Tomb / Head Smash

Choice Band
Romalon-Mounted @ Choice Band
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Head Smash / Megahorn
- Drunken Style
- Horn Leech / Megahorn / Memento

Defensive Support
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off / Will-o-Wisp / Trick Room
- Toxic Spikes

Stallbreaker
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Knock Off

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Spirox-Modern-Mega (wow that's long)
Name Justification: I think I already did that with the first one
Type 1: Steel
Type 2: Ghost
Ability: Box In.
76, 121, 151, 121, 151, 80, 700 BST.
Concept/general Design: It's just going to be much, much bigger and much beefier than regular Spirox. Its spring no longer will wrap around its entire waist because of how big it is. Its box will seem very small next to it. Other than that, the only really big design elements I have going for it are a giant star on its chest and a much more grim-looking face than his normal "laughing" sort of look.
Other Notes/Competitive Use: I dunno, this thing really could go either way between a wall and a bulky attacker. I don't really know how to make a 650+ BST mon not ubers without gimping it like Kyurem-Black or Regigigas. If this does end up being in ubers though, it'll be a wall for sure, since 121 in both offensive stats isn't anything amazing in Ubers (from what i'd expect, at least).

Spirox-Ancient-Mega (wow that's also long)
Type 1: Grass
Type 2: Ghost
Ability: Box In.
76, 141, 121, 141, 121, 100, 700 BST.
Concept/general Design: Same as the other except the woodchips in its body are now much more spread out and it has a giant one going right through his chest where the star would be on the other one.
Other Notes/Competitive Use: I really don't like turning this from a jack-of-all-trades 'mon to an offensive mon because that ruins the two megas being parallel (Modern gains 25 in all stats but speed and Ancient gains 35 in Atk/SpAtk, 15 in Def/SpDef) but I really can't see it working in Ubers without this extra power. Now, it'll work as an attacker with a little bit of bulk and a decent speed tier to boot.

I don't know much about Ubers at all, so some of this may be wrong. I don't really want to have to gimp my Mega and there's really no other way of making it usable in OU than that, so I'm just gonna put it to Ubers.

EDIT: Yeah I'm not sure if it's okay that I have a Mega for a multiple form mon, but four of the five people who saw it loved it, while the other was more worried about the sprite. I may post it here later, but I have a thing or two to change about it

Last edited:

Mega Spinda

Normal/Psychic
A - Mental Madness (doubles the power of Psychic-type moves if the user is confused)[Also given to Psyduck and Golduck replacing Damp]

HP - 60
Atk - 30 (-30)
Def - 90 (+30)
SpA - 130 (+70)
SpD - 90 (+30)
Spe - 60
BST - 460 (+100)

New Moves - Slack Off, Rapid Spin, Zen Headbutt, Psyshock, Dazzling Gleam, Headache (boosts SpA by two stages and SpD by one stage but confuses the user; also given to Psyduck and Golduck)
Design - Every dot throughout its body gains a purpler coloring and a smaller spiral
Competitive - Mega Spinda is a terrifying Wallbreaker, thanks to Headache giving it a +2 SpA and a double of power to its Psychic-type moves, at the cost of confusing Spinda. Essentially, Spinda has tons of raw power. Even with its Wallbreking potential, Spinda is still frail and slow, so it needs some support to work properly. Good thing it gets Trick Room, but even then, it needs a turn to set it up... Also, it has no real way to address Steel-types, Dark-types are covered by Dazzling Gleam.

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Uhh I don't see any SpA variant Guts Pokemon in this Metagame. So yeah. Use it for that.
Why I'm replying to a 2 month old post, I do not know, but there actually is a Special Guts variant that I made for my Harmo Shinx line.
Harmonian Shinx, Luxio and Luxray
Electric/Fairy (Shinx and Luxio), Electric/Dark (Luxray
1A
- Rivalry
2A - Dazzling (Shinx, Luxio)
HA - *Has no name as of now* (Special Guts) (While statused, special attack gains 50% boost) (Shinx, Luxio)
2A - Physical Plunder (Uses opponents attack stat for physical attacks.) (Luxray)
HA - Athenian (increases Special Attack to 1.5x) (Luxray)

Stats:
HP
- 65 - 80 - 90
Atk - 20 - 60 - 75
Def - 44 - 59 - 109
SpA - 65 - 85 - 80
SpD - 44 - 59 - 109
Spe - 25 - 40 - 60
BST - 263 - 363 - 523

Design - Similar to regular Shinx and Luxio, however, the baby blue is now a bright pink. Luxio also smiles instead of frowning. The Yellow on Luxray's legs turns a blood red, and the blue changes to a royal purple. the grey turns black.
Notable Moves - Moonblast, Dark Pulse, Discharge, X-ray*, Earth Power, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Poison Jab, Sucker Punch, Sludge Wave, Volt Switch
Competitve Analysis - A very strong pokemon when used correctly. With 80 base special attack AND and ability that increases it by 1.5x, this Pokemon is sure to dish out some damage, and with 90/109/109 bulk, it can soak it up aswell. Physical Plunder allows it to run mixed sets without any points into attack aswell.

Name: X-Ray
Type: Electric
Classification: Special
Base Power: 70
Accuracy: 100
Power Points: 15 (24 Max)
Effect: 30% Chance to Badly Poison
Target: 1 Opponent
still need a name for it though :P

Perhaps Valiant/Valiance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)