Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

What's the drop rate for PSBs in main stages? I swear I haven't gotten a single Skarmory drop in ten attempts at the stage.
I've farmed Skarmory to SL3 working on 4. The rate people claim is 25%/12.5%/6.25% or something, and the first one at least seems accurate to my rates.

You should have seen some, but then it sounds like my luck with Lurantis PSB, which supposedly has the same rate.

I've farmed Skarmory to SL3 working on 4. The rate people claim is 25%/12.5%/6.25% or something, and the first one at least seems accurate to my rates.

You should have seen some, but then it sounds like my luck with Lurantis PSB, which supposedly has the same rate.
I'm only at SL2 from my grinding a while ago, taking a break from Vanillish now that I got it to SL4.

On another note, I love how R&G works somewhat well in my first Mega TTar run in the Primarina competition for a 140k score, but is then absolute trash in subsequent runs when I think I can get a better score due to better experience.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

It's 25/3.125/1.5625 for Skarmory, or 1/4, 1/32, 1/64 in fraction form. 25/12.5/6.25 is the drop rate for Lurantis however.

Got my T1 spot for Primarina booked with 188,912. Used Tyranitar, Shaymin, and Tangrowth. Basically keep Primarina asleep and spam Sleep Combo to kingdom come. Highlights was the last two turns where I got a Mo3 Sleep Charm, then a Sleep Combo-boosted last turn which went on for 180 matches in part to good skyfall RNG and good tapping. Saved me hard. Sixth try, second with sleep strats. Nice to show GS that they cannot decide the best teams for us like they have been trying to of late.

Anyone have any tips for using Mega TTar? I'm not the best at it but I don't think I'm bad enough (or for my luck to be so) that I constantly end up with support Pokemon in alternate squares after really short combos (less than 20). Also doesn't help that I seem to always start with only Mo3 Sleep Charms and Mo4 failing more often than not mid-game (I get that its activation rate even at SL5 is abysmal, but still).

Anyone have any tips for using Mega TTar? I'm not the best at it but I don't think I'm bad enough (or for my luck to be so) that I constantly end up with support Pokemon in alternate squares after really short combos (less than 20). Also doesn't help that I seem to always start with only Mo3 Sleep Charms and Mo4 failing more often than not mid-game (I get that its activation rate even at SL5 is abysmal, but still).
I used this guide on the Shuffle Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonShuffle/comments/5ckk2r/short_course_on_how_to_use_mttar/
They also have guides on how to for example use other megas and the best mons to spend items (SB, MSU, RML) on.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
New Content
Original Cap Pikachu for free
Some Items for Main Stages
New Main Stages (Mega Sharpedo)
New Expert Stages (Serperior)
New Raise Max Level and Skill Swapper Targets
Hoenn Cap Pikachu Great Challenge

Returning Content
Tornadus-Therian Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Landorus-Therian Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)

Future Content
Shiny Gyarados Safari, with Magikarp Costume and Gyarados Costume Pikachu (Drops Exp. Boosters)
Arceus Ultra Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Gyarados Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Sinnoh Cap Pikachu Great Challenge
Shiny Gyarados Costume Pikachu Great Challenge

Main/Expert Stage Pokémon
Cascoon: Base 40 Bug-type w/ Swarm.
Remoraid: Base 50 Water-type w/ Daunt.
Timburr: PSB Farmable.
Dustox: Base 50 Poison-type w/ Cross Attack+.
Gurdurr: PSB Farmable.
Spinda: PSB Farmable.
Dwebble: Base 50 Rock-type w/ Swap.
Conkeldurr: PSB Farmable.
Leafeon: PSB Farmable.
Crustle: Base 60 Rock-type w/ Rock Shot.
Carvanha: PSB Farmable.
Vulpix: PSB Farmable.
Snivy: Base 50 Grass-type w/ Absorb.
Basculin-R: Base 60 Water-type w/ Hitting Streak+.
Larvesta: PSB Farmable.
Ninetales: PSB Farmable.
Servine: Base 60 Grass-type w/ Counterattack+.
Sharpedo: PSB Farmable.
Volcarona: PSB Farmable.
Mega Sharpedo: Retired Competition Mega.
---
Serperior: Base 70 Grass-type w/ Relentless.

Event Pokémon
Original Cap Pikachu: Base 60 Electric-type w/ Stabilise+.
Hoenn Cap Pikachu: Base 60 Electric-type w/ Rock Shot.
Sinnoh Cap Pikachu: Base 60 Electric-type w/ Block Shot. Can take up to five Raise Max Levels, gets Hyper Bolt by Skill Swapper.
Magikarp Costume Pikachu: Base 50 Electric-type w/ Swap++. Can take up to five Raise Max Levels.
Gyarados Costume Pikachu: Base 50 Electric-type w/ Power of 5+. Can take up to five Raise Max Levels.
Shiny Gyarados Costume Pikachu: Base 50 Electric-type w/ L-Boost. Can take up to five Raise Max Levels.

New Raise Max Level Targets
Original Cap Pikachu: 5
Hoenn Cap Pikachu: 5
Lugia Costume Pikachu: 5
Ho-Oh Costume Pikachu: 5
Pichu: 10
Raichu: 5
Winking Raichu: 5
Ampharos: 5
Oricorio-PomPom: 3
Luxio: 10
Luxray: 10
Mamoswine: 5
Froslass: 5
Vanilluxe: 5
Vulpix-Alola: 10
Carbink: 5
Sudowoodo: 5
Hitmonlee: 5
Hitmonchan: 5
Latias: 5
Latios: 5
Rayquaza: 5
Zygarde-10%: 5
Goomy: 5
Dragonair: 5
Dragonite: 10
Druddigon: 10
Altaria: 10
Bagon: 5
Shelgon: 5
Reshiram: 5
Zekrom: 5
Tornadus-Therian: 3
Thundurus-Therian: 3
Landorus-Therian: 3
Regirock: 5
Regice: 5
Registeel: 5
Ho-Oh: 5
Arceus: 5
Meloetta-Pirouette: 5
Shiny Magikarp: 10
Weedle: 5
Wurmple: 10

New Skill Swapper Targets
Original Cap Pikachu: Hyper Bolt
Hoenn Cap Pikachu: Hyper Bolt
Ho-Oh Costume Pikachu: Pyre
Pichu: Daunt
Raichu: Lightning
Luxio: Mega Boost++
Luxray: Cross Attack+
Mamoswine: Risk-Taker
Froslass: Block Smash+
Vanilluxe: Shot Out
Walrein: Last-Ditch Effort
Carbink: Rock Combo
Sudowoodo: Flash Mob
Hitmonlee: Shot Out
Hitmonchan: Paralyse / Freeze / Burn
Latias: Hitting Streak+
Latios: Hitting Streak+
Rayquaza: Shot Out
Zygarde-Complete: Last-Ditch Effort
Goomy: Flash Mob
Goodra: Unity Power
Dragonair: Flash Mob
Altaria: Nosedive
Bagon: Flash Mob
Shelgon: Rock Break++
Magikarp: Dragon Sweep
Shiny Magikarp: Dragon Shriek
Wurmple: Bug Combo
Ho-Oh: Nosedive
Raikou: Astonish
Entei: Mind Zap
Suicune: Chill

All done.

Last edited:
Has anyone caught Serperior yet? And if so, who did you use? This thing has a low catch rate, so if I go with items for the catch I wanna get this right

Has anyone caught Serperior yet? And if so, who did you use? This thing has a low catch rate, so if I go with items for the catch I wanna get this right
I went itemless with all-maxed M-Beedrill, Gulpin (Poison), Tentacruel (Poison Pact), Muk. Failed first time but managed to finish with 7 seconds left and caught it on super catch power (56% ish). The board reset towards the end caught me off guard though.

Unfortunately, I don't have a Poison team ready, so Serperior either has to wait or I'll need items.
I haven't tried other teams, but a Mega Start for SM-Rayquaza is strongly recommended if that's what you have in mind. The barriers at the top restrict you from mega evolving early if you don't have Mega Beedrill. Not sure if that's all you'll need, though.

Drop rates are atrocious, by the way. Trying to grind up Conkeldurr.

EDIT: Welp, Conkeldurr's rates are 12.5%, 6.25%, 0.78%

Last edited:
I haven't tried other teams, but a Mega Start for SM-Rayquaza is strongly recommended if that's what you have in mind. The barriers at the top restrict you from mega evolving early if you don't have Mega Beedrill. Not sure if that's all you'll need, though.

Drop rates are atrocious, by the way. Trying to grind up Conkeldurr.

EDIT: Welp, Conkeldurr's rates are 12.5%, 6.25%, 0.78%
It seems to vary a lot. Skarmory has a 25% rate for a PSB, Gulpin a 50%, I don't think the patterns are based on anything in particular besides maybe base power? Still not sure if I should continue Gulpin, switch to something like Skarmory, or grind coins to max Tornadus-T

June 20th new content
Thundurus-Therian High-Speed Challenge; costs 400 coins, drops PSBs
Sinnoh Cap Pikachu High-Speed Challenge
Shiny Gyarados Costume Pikachu Great Challenge
Shiny Gyarados Pokémon Safari (Shellder, Cloyster, Shiny Magikarp, Shiny Gyarados, *Magikarp Costume Pikachu, *Gyarados Costume Pikachu, Pidove, Tranquill, Unfezant); drops EXP Boosters

Returning Content
Gyarados Great Challenge; drops PSBs
Arceus Ultra Challenge; costs 2 hearts, drops PSBs
Daily Pokémon Are Here #8 [Grimer (Alola Form), Dewpider, Sandshrew (Alola Form), Brionne, Oricorio (Pa'u Style)]

Future Content
TBD

New Pokémon
Thundurus-Therian: Electric-type, 70 BP, Risk Taker
Sinnoh Cap Pikachu: Electric-type, 60 BP, Block Shot
Shiny Gyarados Costume Pikachu: Electric-type, 50 BP, L-Boost
Magikarp Costume Pikachu: Electric-type, 50 BP, Swap++
Gyarados Costume Pikachu: Electric-type, 50 BP, Power of 5+

Last edited:
Finally got Magikarp Pikachu to appear on day 3 of the update. Unfortunately it popped out of a Poké Ball at 28%, then a Great Ball at 56%, then another Great Ball at 56%, and another Great Ball at 56%, then one more Great Ball at 56% before fleeing. Luckily I remembered to quit the game so it doesn't save.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
New Content
Unova Cap Pikachu Great Challenge
Shiny Gyarados Competition (RESTRICTED TO NORMAL- AND ELECTRIC-TYPES, NO MANECTRIC OR WINKING AUDINO)
Luxray Great Challenge (Drops PSB's, RML's)

Returning Content
Latios EB

Future Content
Kalos Cap Pikachu Great Challenge
Deoxys-Attack Great Challenge
Regirock Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Jirachi Once-a-Day (Drops PSB's)
Cresselia Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Shiny Rayquaza Safari (With Shiny Rayquaza Pikachu)
Rayquaza Pikachu Once-a-Day
Daily Pokémon #9 (Drops Coins)
---
Alola Cap Pikachu Great Challenge (In next patch, two weeks time)

Event Pokémon
Unova Cap Pikachu: Base 60 Electric-type w/ Barrier Shot. Can take up to five Raise Max Levels, gets Hyper Bolt by Skill Swapper.
Kalos Cap Pikachu: Base 60 Electric-type w/ Cloud Shot. Can take up to five Raise Max Levels, gets Hyper Bolt by Skill Swapper.
Rayquaza Pikachu: Base 50 Electric-type w/ Dragon Talon. Can take up to five Raise Max Levels.
Shiny Rayquaza Pikachu: Base 60 Electric-type w/ Dragon Talon. Can take up to five Raise Max Levels.
Deoxys-Attack: Base 80 Psychic-type w/ Psychic Combo.

EB Prizes
Lv15: 1× Time +10
Lv25: 1× Exp. Booster M
Lv40: 1× Mega Speedup
Lv50: 1× Latiosite / 1× Mega Speedup
Lv60: 1× Exp. Booster M
Lv80: 1× Exp. Booster L
Lv90: 1× Skill Swapper
Lv100: 2× Raise Max Level
Lv125: 1× Mega Speedup
Lv150: 2× Raise Max Level
Lv175: 1× Skill Booster M
Lv190: 1× Mega Speedup
Lv198: 1× Skill Booster S
Lv199: 1× Skill Booster M
Lv200: 4× Raise Max Level

All done.

Spent week one last update getting all the Main Stages captured / S-Ranked and spent the last week getting back to full coins from broke while getting the event content dealt with. Not a bad way to spend two weeks without an EB or a Competition.

Last edited:
Getting real sick of all these Pikachus. I forget if Latios was a particularly annoying EB, but with SL5 Azumarill and a SL3 Pixie Power I'm hoping I have the means to do this one without TOO much trouble after draining my coins on Tornadus grinding and S-Ranks (still missed catches, but not sure if any are important). Evidently heard SL grinded Cross Attack+ can be pretty good with Luxray, but I'm not sure I can spare the Coins for it with all this stuff to pay through.

This EB looks like it's going to be really annoying with tons of blocks throughout the stages, not to mention 198-200 all being boss stages, each with 18,080 HP more than the last. I don't think I'm going all the way, despite needing those RMLs after having spent a large chunk of mine on the past update. Might just stop at 150 and spend the rest of the week grinding Luxray who, oh look, can take 10 RMLs...

I love it when I'm prepping for a 5-match Azumarill, only to get trolled by skyfall starting a combo just before I make the match.

On another note, this EB is seriously repetitive.

I'm quitting this EB after I clear stage 150. I want to farm Luxray a bit more for that Cross Attack+ before it ends in 2 days, and I'm way too dry of coins to manage 4 boss levels after 150 anyway.

July 4th new content
Deoxys (Attack forme) Ultra Challenge (costs 500 coins)
Pikachu (Kalos Cap) Appears
Pikachu (Rayquaza Costume) One-a-Day (drops PSBs)
Rayquaza (Shiny) Safari Returns with New Pikachu Costume (Sandshrew, Sandslash, Barboach, Whiscash, Zigzagoon, Linoone, Shiny Rayquaza, and Shiny Rayquaza Costume Pikachu)

Returning Content
Regirock Challenge (costs 400 coins, drops PSBs)
Cresselia Challenge (drops PSBs)
Daily Pokémon Are Here #9 [Pyukumuku, Oricorio (Sensu Style), Mudbray, Dartrix, Oricorio (Baile Style)] (drops EXP Boosters)
Jirachi Once-a-Day

Future Content
Mega Shiny Rayquaza Competitive Stage
Mamowine Appears

New Pokémon
Deoxys (Attack forme): Psychic-type, 80 BP, Psychic Combo
Pikachu (Kalos Cap): Electric-type, 60 BP, Cloud Shot
Pikachu (Rayquaza Costume): Electric-type, 50 BP, Dragon Talon
Pikachu (Shiny Rayquaza Costume): Electric-type, 60 BP, Dragon Talon

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)