Pokemon preferences

Status
Not open for further replies.
I been trying to build and find a good ubers team and I've googled a lot of teams for ubers but they are all from 2012-2014 so i feel they are now outdated. I have my own team set up if anyone wants to know what my team and moves are you can pm me on here.

Anyways, does anyone have a prefered team set up they think is the best for ubers because I am getting so fustrated I do good for a few battles then I get beaten so easily....

hi LO psychic type (Sableye) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Metal Burst
- Toxic
- Recover

Wallin' Since 1999 (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Hydrogenceus (Arceus-Water) @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Recover

OpTic's Innovation (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 32 HP / 148 Def / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Geomancy

PTRdon (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Stalltwo (Mewtwo) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

hi LO psychic type (Sableye) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Metal Burst
- Toxic
- Recover

Wallin' Since 1999 (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Hydrogenceus (Arceus-Water) @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Recover

OpTic's Innovation (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 32 HP / 148 Def / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Geomancy

PTRdon (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Stalltwo (Mewtwo) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover
is there a prefered method like a starter/opener, tank. Like in which way do these pokemon work great together. I tried it just now and had no idea what to do first. lol

There is actually a new thread coming up that will include updated samples. In terms of the sample thread of 2014, Sample HO and Absolute Control are doing quite fine, the mega aero lead one is outdated and not really that good. The other teams are decent. There have been workshops in the past and those teams are still decent, ORAS is a pretty old metagame as far as generations go. You can also check the smogdex for a particular ubers mon to see what goes well with it to give some insights on not just the metagame but how to play around with the particular sets. The smogdex for uber mons has recently been updated as of August 2016. Also recognizing different playstyles is pretty good to such as Hyper Offensive, Bulky Offensive, Balance, Semi-Stall, Stall. For example the team the guy gave you above is semi-stall. The lead will usually consist of opening up with Sableye-Eye and using fake out so you got a bouncer against set-up mons. The point mainly from the looks of it is as any other stall team, set up as much as possible and whether the opposing team down through pressuring the difference is that xern is the sweeper and the team seems to revolve around making it possible for xern to come in and sweep or another playstyle such as PHRD (Phazing Hazard Residual Damage). Stall teams are sort of tricky to get to know especially semi-stall, so HO teams are usually recommended but it really depends on what kind of playstyle you enjoy using since they are quite good and straightforward, http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-ou-sample-teams.3571343/#post-6787292 happy battling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)