HTML Pokemon-Overdose

Hey everyone, I'm just here to do a quick promotion at the request of the website developer.
Although the site isn't finished it promises to be very worthwhile.
Think of it as all the useful sites rolled into one and with a very smooth design.
After checking it out, please comment any suggestions!
Admin please remove if not allowed.
www.pokemon-overdose.com

Hi, and welcome to smogon.

Normally I would delete this thread since it's not your own project.
Since you're posting on behalf of the developer, please include a more detailed description of the project.

Hi, and welcome to smogon.

Normally I would delete this thread since it's not your own project.
Since you're posting on behalf of the developer, please include a more detailed description of the project.
Hey thanks, OrdA. I've just sent the developer a link to the thread so he can give you more details. :)

Hey guys, may I get a warm welcome as well? :D

So I am the developer and on a mission to spread the word for my little baby.

Quick introduction of myself:
My name is Donnie, I am 35 years old and a webdesigner/developer based in Munich, Germany. Currently I am employed at one of the biggest media networks in Europe und have worked on sites like "The Voice of Germany" and "Germany's Next Topmodel". And in the past year I was in charge for a pretty big site generating over 4.500.000 unique visitors each month where I had to deal with stuff like tracking, ads, geolocation, video integration (not just adding YouTube links) and other stuff.

I am a huge Pokémon fan since day 1. I mean literally day 1. I am 35 years old... I watched the very first episode on the very first day when it aired here in Germany :D. And ever since those little pocket monsters just keep coming back.

My little baby pokemon-overdose.com

Let's get this straight right of the bat... I am a huge design nerd. So I use a couple of other Pokémon database sites everyday myself. The data they provide is great.. but the packaging isn't. In my opinion. I appreciate sites that are user and mobile friendly. Over 70% of traffic these days is coming from mobile devices and most sites just didn't make the switch. And if they did... not in a way I that pleases me.

So that is what I am trying to solve. A modern looking Pokémon database that is user and mobile friendly and that provides the same quality of data as the other sites.

The site is currently in development. This means I am still adding most of the data. Once everything is in there I will start developing calculators and other stuff. Like a catch rate calculator, a breeding simulator, a team builder etc.

One other big thing is that I am building a site primarily for the fans. I am not just promoting the site but asking for feedback. And I really mean that. I posted the site on Facebook and asked for feedback. People made feature requests and gave feedback what on the site could be improved or said where the data was entered incorrect. If I thought the criticism was justified I tried to fix that part of the site. And most of it was justified. I am not the only person using the site and sometimes as a dev you can't see the forest for the trees.

Since is the technical thread (I think)... here are the tools the site uses:
- WordPress for the backend
- The frontend is just basic PHP, CSS (Flexbox), jQuery
- The site is also set up with React but not in use (so I will be including/using that in the future)
- Algolia search service
- Cloudlfare as a CDN

Hope that is enough project description. :D

I'd be very happy if you guys could share the crap out of my site and give me feedback if you like it or not and what you think needs improving!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)