Pokemon Duel (Formerly Komaster)

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Also known as Pokemon Comaster

Basically it's a bit like chess and cards.
Different chess pieces have different functions that is somewhat like cards.
It will feature AI function.

Will be availabe spring 2016 (ie: soon)

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Kinda looks like something they quickly through together due to pressure from investors to make more mobile games.

Can't say I'm interested but I hope it does well. The better these spin-off games perform the more likely Nintendo places more effort into developing Pokemon games.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Update: I downloaded it yesterday.

Things I like:
1. The graphics are gorgeous. The characters who talk to you do wink their eyes, no matter how minor they are.
The 3D Pokemon look very cool in this. Way cooler than Pokemon GO graphics.
2. It's funny how they give you 3 Bidoof to start with. Bidoof must be insanely common
(and useless).
3. It's able to spark discussion in Asia. Everyone's talking about it now, even those who don't normally play Pokemon.

But I'm not happy with :
1. how there are only 4 EX Pokemon (Charizard, Venusaur, Palkia and Dialga) , and each have only 0.5% chance of dropping from the lottery. (ie: A total of only 2% of obtaining an EX Pokemon. That's even lower than notorious games like Fate Grand Order or Chain Chronicles)
2. Very little Pokemon available in lottery.
3. Loading loading loading loading.... (More than 1000 files. Imagine that)

First SM came in Europe five days later because, then Europe got Magearna later in a convoluted bullshit manner while America got it a day early in a simple straightforward way, and now damn near all Europeans get left out from this game. That's like 3 middle fingers in just over two months. What's next, releasing Pokébank everywhere but Europe and making us wait an extra month? Because now I can see that totally happening.

First SM came in Europe five days later because, then Europe got Magearna later in a convoluted bullshit manner while America got it a day early in a simple straightforward way, and now damn near all Europeans get left out from this game. That's like 3 middle fingers in just over two months. What's next, releasing Pokébank everywhere but Europe and making us wait an extra month? Because now I can see that totally happening.
What do you mean by excluding nearly all Europeans? I thought it was released everywhere in Europe, as me as a European can play the game just fine.

What do you mean by excluding nearly all Europeans? I thought it was released everywhere in Europe, as me as a European can play the game just fine.
Spain, France, Belgium, Germany, and possibly others don't have the game. That's a lot of big countries.

Also Bank came out... while Europeans were sleeping. Still counts as a middle finger. Thanks for nothing, pals. Just once screw out America instead, that'd be swell.

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I've been playing this game when I have time/the servers allow. It's actually really fun and pretty balanced for a freenium game! I think it's the perfect game for me because it rewards players that play it in small sessions throughout the day. The pack system is really cool, giving you several avenues for collecting a bunch of different figures. I'm closing in on 1700 on the ladder, but I'm sure there will eventually be players that have the best cards in tandem with the best figures as opposed to right now where everyone is kind of just learning how to play.

My tips for anyone getting started:
  • Any figure that has a large section of their attack wheel as useful purple attacks will be your friend. Seriously, I've been using Spinarak that has over 50% of its wheel as a 2 star purple move Constrict (applies Block to the opponent) and a Poison-inducing move and it is an extremely reliable goal keeper.
  • Mobility is big! I've fought a ton of guys on the ladder that clearly spent about 50 bucks on the game already with a team of legendaries that can only move 1-2 spaces. People like this are very easy to beat because the nature of the game is getting your piece to the end, not winning battles! 3 space movers are really vital, both offensively and defensively, and I only really like having 1 one space mover as a piece to secure my side of the field throughout the game.
  • Pokemon with powerful Gold attacks are very useful to have around. The game's battle system works on a kind of rock paper scissors dynamic where purple beats white, gold beats purple, and white and gold will be judged based on attack power. The reason purple is so good is because, aside from the pikachu you start out with, hardly anybody runs Pokemon with Gold attacks. Anything Gold move with a power >40 is above average in my opinion.
  • Never forget you have the ability to defeat a Pokemon by surrounding it on all sides with allied figures. This is explained in the tutorial, but I rarely see people on ladder effectively using it. It's a shame, too, because it's probably one of the most important mechanics in the game.
My team right now is Pikachu / Bulbasaur / Electabuzz / Spinarak / Tropius / Butterfree. Out of the 6, I wish I had better replacements for Bulbasaur and Butterfree, but they're pretty decent. I haven't spent any money on the game and I have almost 4 rows of figures now, so maybe I'll see if I missed anything super viable on there.

Oh, I'm also getting close to being able to buy my second sextouple pack with how huge the login bonuses have been for gems. My first ex pull out of it was a Snorlax EX and it sucks. It has a 120 power move, but it can only move one space and it has a purple that includes self-inducing sleep. Pretty disappointing D:

They are really improving things after maintenance periods. My current team is lv 3 Squirtle (to secure my goal), Blastoise, Deino (evolving all the way to Hydreigon), Raikou, Drudiggon and lv 5 Shuppet.

Greatly enjoying the game. Its quite generous with the gems, so I've already been able to open 3 sex-tuple packs.
Also pretty sure its shoehorning me into hyper offense, as my four EXs so far have been Mew, Keldeo, Genesect, and another Mew.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
i got this game a couple days ago and it's surprising how enjoyable it is. imo it has some flaws tho:
  • battle system is kinda luck based, you can't guarantee that your mon will use a certain move
  • stuff you get is pretty luck based too, i haven't gotten a rare figure except from guarantees on booster packs
  • the timer system sucks, you only get 5 minutes which can easily cause you to lose in a more drawn out game. they should give you like 5 seconds to move before the timer starts counting down
  • ohko moves are the most broken things in the game
  • only a fraction of the mons are currently available
but i mean not everything is bad
  • aesthetics are amazing. they managed to take the "toy figure" style of rumble and make it not awful. background stuff is also surprisingly detailed
  • the game has balancing factors in place (lati@s leave the duel permanently when kod, dialga palkia reshiram and zekrom have limitations on when they can enter the battle, rayquaza and giratina are really slow) which is cool. legendary birds are stupid tho
  • surround kos are also a good idea
  • time based boosters are probably the best part of the game, once you get far enough i think you can basically guarantee a rare or higher figure every 48 hours or something
  • cards can be used to improve your chances at critical points so you have less of a chance to get lucked
if you're starting out playing this game, do not get the quadruple packs, get the sextuple ones instead. it might take longer but there is a very distinct difference between rare and ex (source: dratini)

i started this game a couple days ago and it's going all right, flygon was able to carry me up to around 2000. this morning i rolled deoxys a and it's probably the most broken thing except for maybe shuppet or magmortar. don't play it too much tho because that is a bad idea but yeah i think it's a pretty good game and it deserves more attention

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)