Pokemon-Amie Thread

What is your opinion on Pokemon-Amie?

• HNNNNNNGGHHH! ALL MY FEELS!

Votes: 78 36.3%
  • Very cute and helps with the Pokemon name. I like it a lot!

Votes: 62 28.8%
  • I guess it is cute. I'm a bit indifferent, though.

Votes: 47 21.9%
  • Meh...HeartGold and SoulSilver did better.

Votes: 23 10.7%
  • I don't have a definitive opinion yet.

Votes: 5 2.3%

• Total voters
Togekiss is so creepy in amie. Its special Amie cry is weird as hell. Jesus.

Tyrantrum and Rayquaza made me melt though. They're just so babyish and adorable ^_^

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Also, apparently Liz does not like it when I pet Amy. (Context: I use MKangaskhan in the Maison, nicknamed Liz and Amy.)
Yeah this is annoying, Kanga seems to like having it's belly rubbed, but you can't go near the baby so if you slip or whatever it gets super mad!

Gible is awesome though. He also loves having his belly rubbed, but that makes him open his mouth real wide which takes up the space where his belly was so it looks like you're just stroking his tongue. He also eats pokepuffs with one massive bite, and he eats a lot of them too. He's like Nibbler from Futurama.

I think it's because Kangaskhan thinks you're hurting its baby, which totally makes sense. However, I think that as its friendship (The one that controls Return's power; not the Pokemon-amie kind) increases, its reaction should change from angry, to neutral, to happy, to favourite spot.

I think it's because Kangaskhan thinks you're hurting its baby, which totally makes sense. However, I think that as its friendship (The one that controls Return's power; not the Pokemon-amie kind) increases, its reaction should change from angry, to neutral, to happy, to favourite spot.
If I may, I found Kanga's favourite rubbing spot to be the tips of the parent's ears. I also know for a fact that, despite high friendship and 3/5 hearts, she still doesn't like having the baby touched. She gives me a sad look similar to those of Lanturn and Goodra

I can't find a reason for me to use this feature since the Amie benefits don't work online or battle maison.
The game is already too easy as it is.

And I rather breed or battle online than spending hours petting or playing mini-games.
Also, as soon as I figured out to do Horde training for EV's, I stopped playing super training too.

I can't find a reason for me to use this feature since the Amie benefits don't work online or battle maison.
The game is already too easy as it is.

And I rather breed or battle online than spending hours petting or playing mini-games.
Also, as soon as I figured out to do Horde training for EV's, I stopped playing super training too.
Well there are plenty of people that see the game as just data (which is fine obviously).

I've developed a habit of playing amie for a few minutes with every newly raised team member as a bit of an initiation. GF obviously put a lot of time into this feature and it's full of fun little quirks and it really does make the game more immersive.

I really hope they keep this feature in future games. That being said, they should rework the ingame effects of Amie a little. The random bonus effects don't feel very rewarding, they make me feel like I'm cheating in an already easy game. Maybe instead have high affection occasionally restore some hp/pp/status AFTER a battle or something. That and a few vanity effects for Wi-Fi battles would be nice.

Really? NO SHAYMIN YET!?!?
I love how Land forme Shaymin looks really apologetic and sweet well Sky forme Shaymin has a permanent look of determination.
ALSO LAND FORME SHAYMIN SPROUTS FLOWERS FROM HIS BACK WHEN HE'S HAPPY!!!

I'd just like to say that Rotom-W is absolutely adorable in Aime. n___n Especially when it's all happy, it spins around and stuff!

Pokemon Amie adds in so much that a miniature feature like that does. I found out some neat information about it, as I've noticed through the affection level of Pokemon:
0-1 Hearts: No change
2: Experience Point boost
3: Experience Point boost
4: Experience Point boost, Critical chance increased, Raised Evasion, Free Shed Skin (remove Status Conditions)
5: Same as 4, with higher chances
Basically, the higher the affection level, the more benefits you receive. I'd spend 3-5 hours just playing the minigames because I couldn't stop on Endless (706 streak on Head It, try to beat that (-:) It's basically putting a game inside a game, something that I find a good deal (two-for-one deal). Playing around with your favorite Pokemon while trusting each other further is the best way to show your love for your Pokemon in a much deeper way. It's an amazing addition.

I played with virtually everything, including all the Pokemon I've bred competitively. My favorites are Gulpin/Swalot, Drifloon, and Riolu... but maybe because those three are my favorite Pokemon anyways.

Gulpin and Swalot are both really adorable in my opinion. They swallow their food whole, which is just d'awwww, and Swalot in particular enjoys a good tummy rub~

Drifloon is absolutely cuuuuuute. The fact that it has a mouth might come as a surprise to some people, but I just love its facial expressions and the way it moves its string-arm-thingies when it's happy.

I really love Riolu's reactions, and the way it smiles and swats at your hand and does this sort of victory leap when happy. I enjoy playing the face game with it (and just tilting my head at it in general). It makes such cute little noises too~
Lucario isn't as cute to play with (it looks serious most of the time), but it tends to give this sort of knowing nod (as if pledging allegiance to you or something?), which is cool. My Lucario (all three of them) and I are bros.

On a side note, Shedinja is really hard to play with because it can't eat anything... I'd recommend playing with Nincada before evolving...

Ferroseed looks quite motionless, but it somehow manages to leap in joy. Volcarona looks majestic and all, but it doesn't seem to react much to anything (though Larvesta is adorable) so I kind of got bored playing with it :<

Everything about Eevee is just too adorable. The way she prances around and looks at you, combined with her cry... *melts* I was almost ashamed to evolve her into Sylveon.

How can anyone find a safe spot to pet Ferroseed? The dude's covered in spikes!

One poke I will never EVER take into Amie... is Garbodor. Seriously, does anyone even LIKE that literal pile of garbage?

Man, ever time I try the face recognition thing, I have no idea where to have my head in relation to the screen, or how to avoid overtilting it so the camera loses sight of it. I think I've managed to do it a grand total of maybe 1 time.

And... wait... they respond to your voice?

Now that Bank's out, I can give my opinions on a few more mons.

Scizor (Link): Very chill, sort of like Lucario and Mewtwo, which I think fits his concept perfectly. I haven't found his favourite spot to be pet on, nor have I found his least favourite.
Weavile (Ninja): OMG her happy animation is awesome. She sort of strikes a pose and laughs. Likes to be pet on her crown; doesn't like to be pet on the feathers on the side of her head.
Staraptor (Newton): When you pet him he opens his beak really wide, which I think is adorable. He also almost always keeps his wings folded, the exception being when you pet his talons; he doesn't like that.
Gastrodon (Marie): Not nearly as cute as I thought she would be. SHE NEVER BLINKS! The only way you can tell that she's happy is by how she opens her mouth. Although her blobbiness is still much better than Goomy's.
Magmortar (Percy): Quite possibly my favourite out of all of them. You can't pet his shoulders (They burn your hand), but when he's happy he lets out a huge laugh. He also takes forever to eat the Pokepuffs.
Dusknoir (Polyphemus): Dusknoir is, in general, one of the spookiest Pokemon in the game. He likes being pet on his antenna. It's also awesome when you feed him and the big mouth on his stomach takes bites.
Celebi: SO CUTE. When she's happy she does a little twirl like a ballerina. I love it.
Latios: Incredibly awesome. Not only does he do an adorable smile when he's happy; he flies in a shuttle loop! Even though it doesn't relate to Amie, I can't wait for Lati@site to be released.
Serperior (Smugleaf): He's constantly moving, which is sort of awesome. Again, he's pretty chill, but I like how he looks all noble when you pet him.
Cinccino: *dies from cuteness overload*

Reactions: JES
Time for my thoughts on the Pokebank mons

Latias: Cute :D. Does a shuttle loop when happy. Likes being petted on the head, but dislikes being petted on the top wings.

Kyu-W: Don't touch his frozen spots, It'll freeze your hand. He also roars up to his left when happy. Likes being rubbed on the yellow part of his head.

Kyogre: Only opens his mouth to eat, and while your rubbing his white spots on his head, which he likes. Said smile is rather unnerving. Dislikes being petted on the bottom fins.

Lugia: Why is a giant Seagull trying to intimidate me? Likes being rubbed on his neck, and he does look rather imposing, almost as if he's glaring at you

Ho-oh: I expected this one to glare at me, but I was wrong. Likes being petted on his neck, but not the "crown".

Palkia: She looked like she wanted to beat me up. Likes being petted on her shoulders, but not her head. Roars when happy

Dialga: Likes being petted on his neck, but not his head. Now, Dialga just cracks me up, as his happy animation is him opening his mouth slowly, almost like a :D. Now, why would Dialga do that when his siblings roar...unless...(note to self: get a bow-tie)

Reactions: JES
Time for my thoughts on the Pokebank mons

Latias: Cute :D. Does a shuttle loop when happy. Likes being petted on the head, but dislikes being petted on the top wings.

Kyu-W: Don't touch his frozen spots, It'll freeze your hand. He also roars up to his left when happy. Likes being rubbed on the yellow part of his head.

Kyogre: Only opens his mouth to eat, and while your rubbing his white spots on his head, which he likes. Said smile is rather unnerving. Dislikes being petted on the bottom fins.

Lugia: Why is a giant Seagull trying to intimidate me? Likes being rubbed on his neck, and he does look rather imposing, almost as if he's glaring at you

Ho-oh: I expected this one to glare at me, but I was wrong. Likes being petted on his neck, but not the "crown".

Palkia: She looked like she wanted to beat me up. Likes being petted on her shoulders, but not her head. Roars when happy

Dialga: Likes being petted on his neck, but not his head. Now, Dialga just cracks me up, as his happy animation is him opening his mouth slowly, almost like a :D. Now, why would Dialga do that when his siblings roar...unless...(note to self: get a bow-tie)
The Lati@s are just adorable in terms of their reaction to affection, that little smile and shuttle loop is simply adorable.
As for Kyurem, it actually seems to lean into your pets when you pet the yellow part. I found that simply heart-warming.
Kyogre is as you say, a bit unnerving with those teeth.
Lugia is adorable, it has a look of "what are you doing?" almost all the time. That curious look it has just makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Unfortunately I don't have those last three, but when I do, I'm sure to comment on their "cuteness."

I also want to make it known here that Azelf as well as Celebi look absolutely adorable in Aime @_@ They like dance around and stuff when you pet and feed them, and it's really cute!

Weavile just kills me, its all sassy yet cute at the same time. My weavile is definitely one of my favourite partners EVER (also the the first thing I ev trained)

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I've been using this over the last two days for an experimental run through my game. I'm not really sure on how the different areas affect the Pokemon, supposedly there is an audible difference between bad places and good places (not that you can hear it).

I found a really good guide on reddit believe it or not for affection which worked pretty well. I ended up getting up to 2 hearts on all my mons pretty fast. I even managed to complete the face game :O I have been hearing people are really struggling with that. Just make the expressions super super huge.

Bergmite can freeze your hand if you touch the top of its head which is pretty cool. Most Pokemon I have used just like their faces rubbed :/ That or bellies... Which is pretty normal for most animals I think :| Nothing totally odd as of yet!

Oh: My best score is 777 lol.

I've been using this over the last two days for an experimental run through my game. I'm not really sure on how the different areas affect the Pokemon, supposedly there is an audible difference between bad places and good places (not that you can hear it).
It is, a higher rubbing pitch indicates that the pokemon likes being rubbed there, while a lower pitch indicates the opposite

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Gothitelle: likes to do the arrogant aristocratic laughter when it's happy. If you drop the food in front of it, its eyes look despair when watching the food go on the floor.

Goomy: Soooo squishy.

Swirlix: Energetically bounces up and down when its happy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)