Pokémon GO

I have a little concern with Gengar. I have always believed he can suddenly become a powerful tank when the types allow it, but when it doesn't... this is also why I held back from upping my Gengar, when I rarely need anything aside of my high level picks, making him mostly only for Raids, and I skipped Machamp thanks to having teammates to help T'tar without needing many 'champs....
I heard a Lv38.5 Gengar dies in 4 undodged Confusion from Raid Alakazam?. It's not farfetched to think he would almost literally get OHKOed by Mewtwo as soon as he's out.

And since we talk about Lati_s, I'm afraid they might add extra coverages for them. If there suddenly be Thunderbolt from them, Gyarados won't last long either. Although then again, this is now going into baseless speculation and I just cross it because this is about one of my most favourite 'mon ever.

I might consider upping him later, but not in near future with stardust starvation (This event helps, but they most likely will go to Golems).

breh

強いだね
for anybody wanting to tl;dr that: gyarados resists fighting, therefore it's ok vs. zam with focus blast, and resists water therefore it's ok vs. lugia (even though at this point you might as well use lapras / cloyster)

in practice neither of those matter unless you're trying to solo zam (nobody wastes raid passes on it anyway) or have just barely insufficient people for lugia (unrealistic scenario)

I still think gyarados is bad and especially a waste of stardust, at least in its current state. it's kind of permanently screwed out of STAB quick moves due to its moveset, too. The Bite/Crunch gyarados I have I will use against lugia not because it's the best option, but because I (unlike people that have full teams of high level tyranitar) do not have enough better dark type attackers.

speaking of dark attackers, I think tyranitar is probably the safest pokemon to power up. it will continue to be useful for a couple gens moving forward because psychic legendaries are common.

Gyarados is good filler if you have one from the old gym days and lack superior Ttar DPS. Hes also a viable slot against Lugia which carries Hydro pump. I would not power up one anymore however.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Motivation Decay for <2999 CP Pokemon was a bug and this has been fixed by Niantic. They presumably now decay the same way as regular 3K mons did before. This change IS live and you should notice your defenders be noticeably weaker in the morning.

Raikou, Entei, Suicune, and Mewtwo now have catch rates. 2% as with Lugia. No word on Ho-oh yet.

YASSSSS
Regionals in European cities!
Im so glad Niantic sucks at making these events, at least they can apology the best way (first all damn bonuses for 5 days, then this?)

in CERTAIN european Cities.... so the one you are probably not in lol

ad CP decline changes.. spare me the BS... need to hold a gym for 8h 20... 3000 CP + you were toast after 5h...

Motivation Decay for <2999 CP Pokemon was a bug and this has been fixed by Niantic. They presumably now decay the same way as regular 3K mons did before. This change IS live and you should notice your defenders be noticeably weaker in the morning.

Raikou, Entei, Suicune, and Mewtwo now have catch rates. 2% as with Lugia. No word on Ho-oh yet.
That explains, I was routinely dumping berries to a Dragonite in a gym near my room and see that when I came back the gym is in the smallest.

Really though, on this, I hate to complain, but as people say, gyms difficulty is basically nonexistent. Major cities with turnover in minutes aren't very affected, but outskirtish area like mine somewhat does. This goes in favour to people in desolate areas, but they should not give us even easier difficulty, they should give us reason to attack in the first place. They never give us direct incentives for attacking at all (outside of EXP and chance to get coins). Stardust for attacking even limited daily is a good thing. Then again, many of us are guilty for attacking with no enough reason (breaking gyms that was built in minutes downtown).
At this rate even having legendaries in gyms are great, I need more blood actual challenges than winning at most 18 times (unless opposing team is defending with berries, understandable when it's downtown hell)....

That explains to me at least 5 KOed Pokemon that was placed just some hours ago. Oh well, the Badge EXP is still good anyway....

I'll patiently wait for Raikou so I can quietly solo Vaporeon daily at outskirts when campus life starts to screw me out from joining legendaries. I expect that they would extend the beasts to 3% catch rate too unless they don't rotate them like the birbs. After all, in main series, they all trio/lesser legendaries have same (ugh low) catch rate, don't they?

Last edited:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
PsychicAcademic You're not wrong. The new decay rate formula basically makes any "viable" defender just drop to time rather than attackers; the gameplay formula of Niantic right now is very skewed where priorities should be to reward attacking. The endgame right now just seems to be to high-five random strangers after a raid and hope you get a Legendary... That's not exactly very engaging now, is it? I would welcome at least legendaries in gyms at this rate as, w/ berry spam, you can have some semblance of challenge at least. And yes, the legendary beasts are a lesser trio; I'm assuming they will adjust the catch rates to 3% once they are actually implemented.

Also, 1000 posts!

Mexican Groudon and Amigos:

Everyone that is/was here is/was very important to me at one point. Most of us have moved on with our lives but you guys are awesome people and I wish we could talk more like the old days.

Jin Of The Gale: One of the OGs, among my closest friends for many years now. I would love to be around more so we can catch up on random shit. Keep being you dude.
CrushinDefeat: Genuinely miss your antics and your overall jolly mood. You are hilarious and always brought a smile to my face, hope life is treating you well.
Spy: Indians smell; probably among the first people I confided when I was brand new to PS. You got really far and I really admired the dedication you gave this place lol; I really hope you're doing well.
Kayo: Come back you ;_; I went to you for a lot of advice and you lightened up the mood pretty fucking well in every situation. Miss you :(
Sigilyph: You are passionate about a lot of things and I could see that you strived to make me a better person as a whole. I really wish I had that first quality, it really means a lot.
Quote: You're a (BAN ME PLEASE) BUT in any case you're one of my closest friends on this site, we've been through tons together. Talking DBS with you is also one of my favorite things to do lol
BreadHeroDan: Daaaaaaaan the man! I miss you, probably the most level-headed and down-to-earth person I've ever met. Really wish you would drop by.
Snowy: I hate aussies! You're weird man but watching you ladder was fun, talking OU with you was fun. I should catch up with you at one point; we lost touch over the stupidest thing lol.
AM: You were absolutely hilarious, I love your dry humor and sass; reminds me so much of myself. Would have loved to gone out for a drink at one point lol.
Eyan: EYAN! Think I said this but seeing you change and grow as a person was one of my favorite aspects about our friendship. In general, you're a nice guy and are looking out for others a ton. Except for those who don't like Xurkitree: You don't get a pass here.
Feliburn: Stall should be banned from tournaments. You're a really chill dude and I really enjoyed our convos.
HiMyNamesL: Rip you. We hit it off as friends pretty fucking quickly and playing SM early was an absolute blast lol. One of my favorite people to talk to.
Rekeri: You are adorable; it's a shame you dropped out so unexpectedly. Great person overall.
Kalalokki: Cut and dry but you really get the point across when you have to. You're someone I can confide a ton of shit in and consider very close to me. Also, thanks for the kickass banner B)
Winry: Come back please ;__; One of the nicest people I know, wish you would hang with us more. You ARE a weeb though so that cuts you back a bit.
ADVANTAGE: You're honestly one of the newer additions to this list but sincerely, I've had tons of moments and laughs with you it's p crazy. You're a horrific ladderer though.
anto: Te quiero mucho, anto. Eres sinceramente una de mis mejores amigas y hemos tenido demasiados momentos juntos.
Vapo: So much for that meetup, right? :P You're a great person too, and someone who's very prone to being annoyed / teased and that's pretty fun!
EpicNikolai: My best friend on this site without a doubt! I love you so much man; we have been through so fucking much and there is no other person that has as many positive qualities as you do. You already know what I think about you but <333
Trickster: I nominated you for mod, and look at where you got. Probably the person I spent talking about PS the most lol, but we had a lot of good times in the end so fuck it :)
Ace: You suck tbh. Talk to me more though, you are lowkey hilarious.
Zodiax: literally who~
sirDonovan: You're one of the nicest guys I know; always willing to be an ear when I needed. Thanks for everything :)
BulbaSword: Fucking rip man, you've been gone for almost 2 years or so. You were a pretty sensible person and a funny guy. Please come back :(

Transmuter: You were never formally added here but you are also one of my closest friends here; 1 of 2 people I constantly talk to in this day and age and I'm genuinely really happy whenever we take a moment lol
SteelEdges: i am legend. I also never formally added you but same applies here; one of my closest friends. I'm pretty happy for you and how your life is turning out to be; keep doing what you're doing!
ante: We go way back, you're one of the people I can confide in things a ton and are extremely dependable. One of my role models in this site for sure.

(makeup):

(makeup) tennisace atomicllamas TalkTakesTime Sweep shaymin jrp Aurora Sam Raseri ryan Arcticblast Scotteh Cherub Agent

Mostly including the ones that talked the most since those are the ones that I remember: You guys were fucking awesome and this was one of my favorite chats. Sadly died but all the calls and conversations in the thousands were great and I wish I could relive this again.

Tournaments:

Scyther NO Swiping GXS Jack Dalton TraceofLife Shiba duck Alter Natalie. Always! Jetpack BreloomMyHomie Xlstevo Bean Darnell Jarii Pottie Scippen. Royalty Vacate imas

There are far too many names to keep track off here given my ~4 year tenure, but these mentioned are the staff I was/am close with. You guys, and the entirety of the staff, made my time here really enjoyable, and are almost family. <3

WiFi:

ZeroLuxGiven Lord Marcel Kaushik Dratias Sondero 5FingerMachPunch MetalDC Animusi Sipanale Resident That Guy castaways ih8ih8sn0w MochaMint Angeela Hack_Guy Osiris Cynara

Yeah there's also too many to list here but all of you know what I think about you given I shouted you guys out in my WiFi leave post. You guys became my second family; basically my main one for nearly a year. Too many moments shared with runs and life in general.

For the rest of the staff, I truly admire the amount of work you guys put into the room; I consider it the hardest room to staff in the entire site and to do what you guys do is not easy.

THP:

Astara Weight of Rain evir Hallowed Thoughts Saburo phil pookie kupo brownisaur Amingo Omega-Xis Neart

My favorite room, hands down, to directly staff. While the Golden Age of THP is honestly gone, that was the period that I most enjoyed; not only did I get to meet a fuck ton of amazing people, but I grew so much as a person and I want to thank the people who brought me in (Sigilyph and Neart/Strength) for introducing me to this amazing room. The staff here do NOT have it easy and this is also a demanding room; but the pros far outweighed the cons in my eyes and it was well worth coming here.

Pokemon Go:

HxH Hisoka Nysyr SnowyTheGlaceon Soccer Ghostel GoodMorningEspeon Ciran Grumpig

I talk to you guys fucking daily so there really shouldn't be much introduction; I absolutely love this game for the social aspect and you guys have made it so much more enjoyable. You guys are true hardcores and I hope we can keep playing this together while having good times for a long while.

Spanish Translations Project:

Hikari Iyarito y todos los contribuyentes

Con ustedes dos + la ayuda de anto, esto se hizo posible. El proyecto ha llegado lejos y estoy feliz de haberle dado comienzo de alguna manera. Gracias por dedicarle el tiempo a una parte del site que ayuda integrar a una comunidad tan grande.

Global Staff:

Go away stingy fuckers you had your shoutouts lol; if you're already mentioned here you are extra important.

If I forgot you for some reason, I'm sorry! I've met so many great people on this site it's literally impossible for me to remember all of you; shoot me a message if you caught wind of this and want to catch up!

Thanks for all the awesome moments!

Last edited:
well the fun continues... done 2 raids at local gyms.. I now can no longer battles those gyms without constant "network errors"

Hey guys, I've playing this game a long and I have a doubt about it: With the new raid tool, there is a way to know the IV from the Raid Boss before battle with it? I'm looking for a 100% IV Magikarp, but, with 1 a daily pass is hard to get that, not counting that I almost never get one from the eggs!
Any help is appreciated

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Hey guys, I've playing this game a long and I have a doubt about it: With the new raid tool, there is a way to know the IV from the Raid Boss before battle with it? I'm looking for a 100% IV Magikarp, but, with 1 a daily pass is hard to get that, not counting that I almost never get one from the eggs!
Any help is appreciated
No, it isn't possible. You can only determine CP once you beat it and you see it on the catch screen (or after you catch it if you need an IV tool).

breh

強いだね
Articuno was a pain but Moltres just kindly walked into pokeball #2. Be patient with it and wait until it's low + attacks; it's hard to hit when it's high.

Still need a lugia tho

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Complete opposite of an experience lol. Out of 19 raids done, less than 50% of them have ended with a Moltres in my hands. I lost a 98% due to this which is pretty disheartening lol

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
He came back:

The exact same IV Moltres showed up on my 2nd raid today, and this time I succeeded. Repping my mascot! Never doing another one of these again lol

great a pathetic spoofer, or a guy who was playing fair until about 20 minutes ago turned spoofer, honestly do not understand why Ninatic do nothing about this. they are stealing coins and booting players out of gyms who have only just taken them in some cases.. basically stuff people will quit for, therefore less people to raid with locally.

I think it would help if everyone put phalanx on mute. He's the only person I've ever ignored on smogon and I don't regret it one bit - the only thing I regret is clicking "Show ignored content" when someone responds directly to him and I want to understand what's going on.

great a pathetic spoofer, or a guy who was playing fair until about 20 minutes ago turned spoofer, honestly do not understand why Ninatic do nothing about this. they are stealing coins and booting players out of gyms who have only just taken them in some cases.. basically stuff people will quit for, therefore less people to raid with locally.
I don't know how stealing coins can even happen. You see, at least you don't live in large cities where gyms break just in minutes, starving everyone of coins. I'm at least lucky to live in somewhat high outskirts, but once I go down... naaaaah....

I had Vaporeon mooks kicked out in less than 5 minutes. I accept that as reality.

because we have a lot of people who pass by, get gyms once a day.. this guy is rocking up and starving everyone of the overnight coins, and this also has a knockon effect of spoiling it for those players, players needed for raids etc. so by taking these gyms (over a wide area) and the times they hit, they are essentially stealing 7+ gyms for overnight, they don't actually need, and anyone who takes it down for their own overnight coins, get booted out, this is the suburbs, I have traced the route they take, talking 2 towns worth of gyms about 15 in total.
They don't do raids here, why should they stop everyone else who does the raids, earning coins for passes?
The system needs to change so a player can EARN them by actually doing stuff, gym system doesn't work when you got people playing 3-4 different games. got the greedy territorial players, the badge players and the coin players all 3 can not function together because they want different things.
the Large city gyms are holding here for some reason, something to do with raids blocking everything up, and people spending all day going around doing them.

got My Moltres.. exactly the same as Articuno, 1st ball on raid #2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)