Pokémon GO

So, the 20 new Pokémon will be out in 1 hour from now right? I'm so stoked actually. Encountering that first Feebas wil most likely make me reminisce about R/S/E again. I remember it as if it was yesterday... Fishing on the left of Fortree City... T____T

well, new stuff out, and spawns boosted for other gen 3's by the look of all the starters, even found my first 2 seedots, and meditite

I have gotten report that Feebas is rare, is it?

Ugh... looks like I'll have to hope to find some good one before it's summer. I want outstanding Milotic to stand besides my Vaporeon navy....

Ugh... looks like I'll have to hope to find some good one before it's summer. I want outstanding Milotic to stand besides my Vaporeon navy....
Yeah it's pretty rare. However, yesterday when it was heavily raining here I caught about 4-5 in my neighborhood. So the weather boost definitely makes it spawn a bit more often.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader

Yea it's for sure the rarest non-evolved Pokemon, but a bit more common than stuff like Unown, Tyranitar, etc. Rainy Weather really helps with those spawns.

I regret to inform that Relicanth is exclusive ;( to New Zealand. Snorunt can be shiny if no one caught wind of that yesterday. Eggs have most of the new mons (except Relicanth, ofc) + Gen 1 starters are in the 5K pool.

**** man, Relicanth is one of my favorite Pokémon from Gen III, why did they have to do this. Especially in such a small part as New Zealand, what are the chances of people traveling there? The whole regional thing was already bullshit in my opinion, and this only made it worse.

Still strong, maybe not worth powering up but already stronger than most your Alakazam I assume
Im waiting for like 8 remaining Pokémon for the Pokédex atm

How is your Pokemon for Hoenn ?

Here's my missing pokemon

Sceptile (Torchic / Mudkip are plenty here ... not our green lizard)
Lotad Lombre Ludicolo (Seriously 0 !!!)
Gardevoir (and I have to gather candies for Gallade too :()
Breloom (Grass typre are very rare here except Seedot)
Slaking
Azurill (F*** Egg !)
Wynaut (Same !)
Mawile
Carvanha Sharpedo
Wailord (400 candies ? OH GOSH)
Whiscash
Crawdaunt
Feebas Milotic
And of course Absol & Groudon because I never met people for raids

Maybe if it was raining there will me more Water (Lotad, Carvanha, Wailmer, Barboach, Corphish, Feebas lines) but it's the HOTTEST December in Paris ever seen

Absol being on a raid is annoying, but I need all those as well, torchic is the new murkrow, no sign of shroomish, no sign of lotad.

Congrats! Still wishing for my EX pass. At least you got it :)
Thanks! That's true. I'm sure you'll get yours eventually! I was genuinely surprised when I received the invite as that particular gym had never hosted an EX Raid before. Perhaps you'll get yours when you least expect it just like I did.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Did my first Mewtwo, 2218 which is ~80%. Not a bad Christmas gift given I got rid of 200 Rare Candies with it.

This system should be scrapped if it takes this long for seasoned players to even have a shot at Mewtwo. So many people that don't even have one... I feel for them.

I'm sort of happy Mewto doesn't really have a place in the current meta game. That way I can live with the fact I don't have one myself, haha.

Working towards my first Wailord as my neighborhood has a lot of Wailmer when it's raining. I'm going to max out a good Wailord, just for the sake of having a perfect one. Its size is enough reason already to use it imo :P

Call it humble, not horrible. Then it doesn’t sound so bad.

Mewtwo will be possibly Mega evolutionable, and by that point it won’t really matter, suddenly MM-X is the best Fighting Type, and MM-Y is the best Psychic type. Plus a low Mewtwo is Better than a no Mewtwo.

Is there an advantage for Walrein over Lapras?
IIRC Lapras is a bit bulkier, but Walrein deals a bit more damage.

Also, Spheal is pretty common thus making Walrein much easier to power up than Lapras.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Getting 2 Kyogre is probably a lot of investment - if you already have some Ice-types (Lapras, Walrein), it's probably prudent to just power up a Waterfall / Hydro Pump one and then wait for something like Mamoswine that will dethrone Kyogre in DPS with something like Powder Snow / Avalanche. Kyogre's usefulness in the metagame is even higher than Groudon's though, so it should be an extremely high priority target for raiders.

Walrein / Lapras are similar, and it comes down to what Fluke said. Walrein got screwed in moves, so a legacy Ice Beam Lapras will usually both carry its weight offensively and be better defensively than Walrein is. They are Entei / Moltres levels of comparable basically.

Mewtwo's main role in the metagame is being the best generalist for all out damage and some of the best counters to certain bosses. Certainly has use but the metagame isn't aching for it and you can accomplish what it does with other, more accessible crap. I'll probably max out mine if I never get another Ex Pass...

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Kyogre has more bulk than Palkia and specializes as a Water-type more rather than taking mixed options; I think it's superior to what it has to counter. Palkia has boons over it for sure but for strict Water-type usage I think Kyogre edges it out.

Walrein / Lapras are honestly so similar that I think Ice Beam Lapras just has a slight boon over it. Pure preference - if you can dodge both Blizzard and Ice Beam well, then it's not like either outdos the other. If you can't dodge Blizzard consistently then Walrein will pack more of a punch. Offensively, 2 bar moves (Ice Beam) offer more mileage by saving energy unlike 1 bar moves... Stuff like that.

Why bother with Mamoswine? For one it's infinitely more accessible than Kyurem is (especially when you can catch level 35 ones), and two, Gen 5 is ages away. Granted, this second argument can be made for the Dragon slayer Kyogre set and Mamoswine, but I consider being able to use a Level 35 Ice-type off the bat much more convenient than powering up a level 20 Legendary, esp when Pilo itself is actually not a horrible option of an Ice-type while Mamoswine gets here.

I don't believe the "power up only what the strongest is" personally. You don't have to care about power-up costs because the gens are so far away you will make up what you used in stardust, and more. Example: All the time you spent without a Water-type Kyogre because you wanted to wait for Palkia is raids you have missed, damage bonus you have lost, raid bosses that have fled, etc. I will always max out what is relevant this gen because waiting for something like Kartana to come out in Gen 7 just to say "oh it's the best Grass-type I'm gonna wait for it" is genuinely limiting. Maybe for more constrained playstyles that don't get a lot of dust, the argument makes more sense.

What the fuck is up with the dodge bug? Why does it still exist? You dodge a charge move, the move misses, but the game registers it as a hit, thus making your Pokémon faint while it's actually still alive. Your Pokémon then becomes unusable until it actually dies. When is Niantic going to fucking fix this? It's literally a game breaking bug.

no idea, I got it myself again, and when are Niantic going to realise that weather boosting is a right royal pain in the backside when everything is under 50% catch rate, and actually boost great/ultra ball rates.

Yeah it's really irritating when you dodge a charged move yet your Pokémon still takes full damage from it and faints. Don't understand why that is happening.

Also, I can't really complain about the weather boost. Sure the catch rates of boosted Pokémon will be lower, but the boosted CP and IVs can be quite worth it. With the frequent rainy weather I get, I caught a level 33 and a level 35 Mudkip today, both with good IVs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)