Pokémon GO

This method was extremely effective actually. As I mentioned earlier:
Double XP event + Lucky Egg + spinning an unseen Pokestop = 1K XP per spin. That's mad. Let's say you enter a major city centre that has thousands of unseen stops. Around 4/5 spins per minute = 120K+ XP, just for spinning. Definitely a good substitute when you're out of fodder for evolving :D
I did this today in a major city I hadn't been before. Got almost 150K XP doing this. Just spinning, nothing else to it. Damn, I'm definitely going to miss the Double XP event :(

Y'all ready for the Sentret of Gen III?

1512144944651.png

I think it's literally around the corner. I have a strong feeling they're releasing it after Ho-Oh is gone.

Nah i can already see Niantic screwing this up already. Would be a cool aspect indeed. But it’s gonna pick up regular Potions and Poke Balls. Id rather have nothing instead of those worthless items

In my opinion it would only be worth to keep a Pidgey-like Pokémon as my buddy if it's able to pick TMs/Rare Candies and such. Otherwise, straight into the trash.

Also, I'm deciding which legendary to choose as my buddy Pokémon. I'm walking T-Tar now but I've got plenty of candies. Should I go for Raikou because it's the best Electric-type that will ever be in the game?

I would say Mewtwo. But I’m assuming you dont have him yet. Man screw those EX raids. It’s too random. Been raiding multiple times every day - no EX pass, ever

Kid in my street who raided once - gets EX pass

makes me angry

Exactly... It'd be cool if Niantic at least labeled the gyms that qualified for EX raid potential instead of leaving it to the imagination. Now it just feels aimless and pointless, almost how the non-existing tracker felt like back in 2016.

To come back at your walking legendary question: dont do it. Fucking 20 km for what? 1 candy? Pathetic. Just use your rare candies on those legendaries and keep a buddy that you actually find cool and need candies for

I guess you're right. I think I'm then going to walk a Chansey/Blissey and rack up some candies in the hopes of ever finding a perfect IV one. It would be amazing to eventually have a 100% fully maxed out Blissey to defend gyms with :)

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If I read my sources correctly, the Christmas event should start in 2 weeks after Ho-Oh is finished and we should have double XP, double candy and a chance of a shiny cleffa from egg, hopefully that includes 3rd gen as well as the double XP along with new registration would be brilliant, we'll see. At the end of this last event, I'm happy to say I'm 1/4 on my way from level 39 to level 40 and had reserved over 1 million in stardust which I only intend to use with my essentially maxed out raid attackers that are needed for legendary raids and certain Tier 3 raids that could use some guaranteed help.

If I read my sources correctly, the Christmas event should start in 2 weeks after Ho-Oh is finished and we should have double XP, double candy and a chance of a shiny cleffa from egg, hopefully that includes 3rd gen as well as the double XP along with new registration would be brilliant, we'll see. At the end of this last event, I'm happy to say I'm 1/4 on my way from level 39 to level 40 and had reserved over 1 million in stardust which I only intend to use with my essentially maxed out raid attackers that are needed for legendary raids and certain Tier 3 raids that could use some guaranteed help.
Another Double XP event? That would be seriously amazing.

Are you actually looking forward to becoming level 40? Doesn't becoming level 40 take away all the main goals you have in this game?

Also, may I ask what your 'sources' are? I'd like to inform myself on these things as well :)

Draconius GO has PvP. It's just as shallow as you think it is.

PvP is not going to work in Pokémon GO unless they completely revamp how battles work, or make a new system specifically for PvP (which they won't do).

I wasn't asking for turn-based. That would never happen to begin with because Pokémon GO is a fast-paced game and Nintendo wouldn't allow it because it'd be treading too closely to the main series. You know what one of the biggest problems of the older generations was? Lack of punishment for switching out. That's what Pokémon GO is going to be like in PvP. Even worse because you can dodge in GO, slowing battles down even more. They need to make some serious changes to make PvP work, and I'm not getting my hopes up that Niantic would be competent enough to pull it off.

This is true, though I don't see dodging as necessarily a handicap. Maybe a few seconds of immobility on the part of the Pokemon being switched in mid-battle? I dunno just a suggestion; I don't think the battle style is inherently anti-PvP

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Another Double XP event? That would be seriously amazing.

Are you actually looking forward to becoming level 40? Doesn't becoming level 40 take away all the main goals you have in this game?

Also, may I ask what your 'sources' are? I'd like to inform myself on these things as well :)
I just looked again the the source that was shared in my facebook group and saw negative feedback on it, so until I see a more reliable source I'm not going to trust this information.
For those curious, here's the link: http://us.blastingnews.com/gaming/2...AFYI5MYvYmpuuCj1b4Vv2NaxM807qiDjy5k247gvCeq0_

We already had the double XP/stardust so I doubt it's all going to happen again so soon, we'll see. While achieving level 40 would be nice, I'm only going to make any push towards it when we have double XP events, otherwise I'm now at a level where I can essentially max out stuff. If there's anything else I desire more and seems to elude me is to ever get that ex raid invite that most all my other raid group partners seem to already have, some have gotten repeat invites while I never got one, so it's very frustrating not to get one even at gym locations where I've recently raided and some of the others that were in the same lobby got one while I still didn't.

I just looked again the the source that was shared in my facebook group and saw negative feedback on it, so until I see a more reliable source I'm not going to trust this information.
For those curious, here's the link: http://us.blastingnews.com/gaming/2...AFYI5MYvYmpuuCj1b4Vv2NaxM807qiDjy5k247gvCeq0_

We already had the double XP/stardust so I doubt it's all going to happen again so soon, we'll see. While achieving level 40 would be nice, I'm only going to make any push towards it when we have double XP events, otherwise I'm now at a level where I can essentially max out stuff. If there's anything else I desire more and seems to elude me is to ever get that ex raid invite that most all my other raid group partners seem to already have, some have gotten repeat invites while I never got one, so it's very frustrating not to get one even at gym locations where I've recently raided and some of the others that were in the same lobby got one while I still didn't.
That link you shared... I wouldn't take anything from that. I literally LMAO'd at the sources/videos they provided.
Just look at this video they provided. Nice clickbait thumbnail. Utter shit content:

lmao my stomach hurts from laughter

So in the end, I only caught 2 Entei because I'm too lazy having a lot of businesses and these days the weathers aren't friendly. Made only around 200k Stardusts, although I don't know what to use it for anyway, other than this nice 15/14/15 Espeon (sadly, 14 being the Atk) or last raid 94% Vaporeon, but still reluctant. Or maybe I should save for Latios-Latias when they come. And made only like 3 Lucky Egg evolve sessions and overall made only less than 1M EXP. Then again, being nearly in the endgame makes me lazy and I have Ultra Sun too....

Quick question

Are "normal" Pokemon obtained from raids in anyway different from random wild/hatched mons of the same species? I figure legendaries have some kind of IV safety net akin to the games, but aside from relative ease of access, is there any reason to pursue Raid Machamps compared to "regular" Machamps?

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Quick question

Are "normal" Pokemon obtained from raids in anyway different from random wild/hatched mons of the same species? I figure legendaries have some kind of IV safety net akin to the games, but aside from relative ease of access, is there any reason to pursue Raid Machamps compared to "regular" Machamps?
Raid Pokemon (both regular and Legendary) are subjected to the same system as eggs: They all have minimum IVs of 10/10/10 (67%) to 15/15/15 (100%) and come at level 20. Aside from that, they're the same as other Pokemon in that they share no special moves and the shiny-able species can be shiny (e.g. a Raid Sableye can be shiny).

Pursuiting Raid Machamp (and other things) is favorable for the IV combination being high and the fact that you save candies trying to evolve Machop into Machamp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)