SPOILERS! Poipole and Naganadel

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can still get Naganadel by the time you fight the Elite Four, though, since the Move Relearner is chilling at the Pokemon Center right before you enter the building to fight them.

you just need a Heart Scale (which you can farm at Route 9)

Apparently serebii's pokedex has Naganadel's base speed as 127, not 121, which makes more sense. I'm not sure which website has the right information, so is it possible that 121 speed was a mistake or a typo?

Ok since I said something about Stak and Blace, let's dig these guys now!

Poipole, the "Most Disappointing thing GF ever released" Pokémon

Not gonna lie, when I read "UB" and "can evolve" in the same sentence, I overhyped.
An UB. Poison-type. That can evolve. And had almost all its stats ending with 3.
This thing would have been a monster in LC imo, taking a spot as an offensive mixed Poison-type, which is now lacking I suppose, hitting jump points in Atk, SpA, and Spe.
BUT GAMEFREAK DECIDED TO GIVE IT AT LEVEL 40, AND IT CAN'T EVEN BREED. DAMN! YOU HAD ONE, ONE, JUST ONE JOB GAMEFREAK.
Now, I can see this thing floating somewhere around PU, but its stats aren't exceptional for a lv.100 metagame where there are better options for offensive Poison-types.

Naganadel, the "Hey guys I'm a 2k17 MegaBeedrill" Pokémon

Beside the name (Naganadel sounds difficult to pronounce), Naganadel is basically a +5 HP / Def / SpD Poipole. What a defensive upgrade. And its Atk stays the same. A wasted evolution, one can say. So why running this UltraMegaBeedrill instead of the Eviolite younger boi?
What I loved the most from this UltraMegaBeedrill is that it is a Dragon-type (so say yes to Draco Meteor) which naturally sits just one point above MegaSalamence. And the SpA of a Nihilego, and the Poison-type of Nihilego.. Basically, it fills the role of a Choice sweeper better than Nihi (and I love Nihi so much, I have one tattooed on my right arm) because it is a Choice Specs guy boosting its Speed, or (even better) a Choice Scarf user boosting its SpA after each kill.
121 means it can outspeed everything from Jolly MegaMence to Brave 0 IVs Stakataka, and has all the tools it needs to sting the opponent's team. Dual STAB, only resisted by Steel-types which are hit by Heat Wave / Fire Blast / Flamethrower, and Thunderbolt to nail Toxapex (who could otherwise being annoying to deal with since it resists Fire/Poison and can take a Draco Meteor).
Nonetheless, it gets Nasty Plot. Much like overkilling things with +2 Devastating Drakes, +2 Draco Meteors, or Sludge Waves.

Ok since I said something about Stak and Blace, let's dig these guys now!

Poipole, the "Most Disappointing thing GF ever released" Pokémon

Not gonna lie, when I read "UB" and "can evolve" in the same sentence, I overhyped.
An UB. Poison-type. That can evolve. And had almost all its stats ending with 3.
This thing would have been a monster in LC imo, taking a spot as an offensive mixed Poison-type, which is now lacking I suppose, hitting jump points in Atk, SpA, and Spe.
BUT GAMEFREAK DECIDED TO GIVE IT AT LEVEL 40, AND IT CAN'T EVEN BREED. DAMN! YOU HAD ONE, ONE, JUST ONE JOB GAMEFREAK.
Now, I can see this thing floating somewhere around PU, but its stats aren't exceptional for a lv.100 metagame where there are better options for offensive Poison-types.

Naganadel, the "Hey guys I'm a 2k17 MegaBeedrill" Pokémon

Beside the name (Naganadel sounds difficult to pronounce), Naganadel is basically a +5 HP / Def / SpD Poipole. What a defensive upgrade. And its Atk stays the same. A wasted evolution, one can say. So why running this UltraMegaBeedrill instead of the Eviolite younger boi?
What I loved the most from this UltraMegaBeedrill is that it is a Dragon-type (so say yes to Draco Meteor) which naturally sits just one point above MegaSalamence. And the SpA of a Nihilego, and the Poison-type of Nihilego.. Basically, it fills the role of a Choice sweeper better than Nihi (and I love Nihi so much, I have one tattooed on my right arm) because it is a Choice Specs guy boosting its Speed, or (even better) a Choice Scarf user boosting its SpA after each kill.
121 means it can outspeed everything from Jolly MegaMence to Brave 0 IVs Stakataka, and has all the tools it needs to sting the opponent's team. Dual STAB, only resisted by Steel-types which are hit by Heat Wave / Fire Blast / Flamethrower, and Thunderbolt to nail Toxapex (who could otherwise being annoying to deal with since it resists Fire/Poison and can take a Draco Meteor).
Nonetheless, it gets Nasty Plot. Much like overkilling things with +2 Devastating Drakes, +2 Draco Meteors, or Sludge Waves.
Did you seriously ask why use Naganadel instead of Eviolite Poipole?? lol
not getting much in the way of defensive upgrades is meaningless for Naganadel. It gets great boosts in SpA and Speed, has a decent STAB combo with just the right coverage to boot. Whereas Poipole was already confirmed to be awful since its reveal due to its status as a pure Poison - there are no good pure Poison types, and Poipole follows the trend. It gets walled by pretty much anything immune/resistant to Poison and, due to being a NFE mon, has bad stats. Naganadel is leagues apart from its pre-evo.

not getting much in the way of defensive upgrades is meaningless for Naganadel. It gets great boosts in SpA and Speed, has a decent STAB combo with just the right coverage to boot. Whereas Poipole was already confirmed to be awful since its reveal due to its status as a pure Poison - there are no good pure Poison types, and Poipole follows the trend. It gets walled by pretty much anything immune/resistant to Poison and, due to being a NFE mon, has bad stats. Naganadel is leagues apart from its pre-evo.
I think it was supposed to be a rhetorical question.

It was a clear joke lol sadly, Naganadel has just 5 points more in defenses, I know a Eviolite Poipole sucks lol don't worry ahah

Just realized "Poipole" is like the old timey gangster/Three Stooges way of saying "Purple":

"Wise guy, eh? What's with the poipole suit? N'yuck-n'yuck-n'yuck!"

And it is a pretty purple pokemon... anyway, looks cool, can't wait to try it out.

Not gonna lie, when I first saw Poiple, I was incredibly disappointed, and sadly, that disappointment hasn't abated at all. I don't think I would EVER use it when I can use Naganadel instead. Now, Naganadel... Naganadel is a Pokémon I can get behind. A fast powerful dragon with plenty of coverage moves for the Pokés that can cause it problems. YES MY DRAGONY FRIEND, WRECK EVERYTHING WITH YOUR POISONS!

Just played a couple games with it. Not gonna say its broken, but its good. Thing is, as soon as you send this mon out you know your opponent is gonna make the hard switch to Heatran/Av Mag/Tar and the omnipresent Lando shits on all of them, even Ash Gren, so making the double has almost no drawback, and with Hazards up (that the same Lando and Gren can put) those counters/checks are no more.

Not gonna lie, when I first saw Poiple, I was incredibly disappointed, and sadly, that disappointment hasn't abated at all. I don't think I would EVER use it when I can use Naganadel
You have to evolve it first. You're talking like it's an Unova Pokemon that evolves at level 80 or a seperate Pokemon that isn't related to it.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
It's possible the stats have been changed since the review copies went out to fit with the prime number theme, double check when the final release comes tomorrow.
Cartridges are usually sent out and prepared a month or two before the game's release. During the remaining time before launch day, the developers could work on a day 0 patch. USUM doesn't have one.

You have to evolve it first. You're talking like it's an Unova Pokemon that evolves at level 80 or a seperate Pokemon that isn't related to it.
Well, Naganadel was revealed a day or two before release, whereas Poiple was revealed a few weeks before that. Right from the get-go, Poiple looked very underwhelming, with no indication whatsoever that it would evolve, especially since no other Ultra Beast seemed to be able to. We only figured that out when Naganadel was revealed.

Poipole is the best designed Pokémon in Sun/Moon. It’s honestly the only reason that I pre-ordered my copy of Ultra S/M. Not sure how anyone could be disappointed by its beautiful design, but that’s not my problem to get over. It’s too bad that you can’t move to the other worlds where Poipole is the favorite starter of most of The Pokémon trainers and snag a lv5 Poipole.

Well, Naganadel was revealed a day or two before release, whereas Poiple was revealed a few weeks before that. Right from the get-go, Poiple looked very underwhelming, with no indication whatsoever that it would evolve, especially since no other Ultra Beast seemed to be able to. We only figured that out when Naganadel was revealed.
If you couldn't tell it was going to evolve the second you saw it being used by a Recon unit I don't know what to say. It screamed NFE. Didn't expect what it turned into though.

Poipole is the best designed Pokémon in Sun/Moon. It’s honestly the only reason that I pre-ordered my copy of Ultra S/M. Not sure how anyone could be disappointed by its beautiful design, but that’s not my problem to get over. It’s too bad that you can’t move to the other worlds where Poipole is the favorite starter of most of The Pokémon trainers and snag a lv5 Poipole.
It's just a techno/slime MegaBeedrill

Naganadel is definitely a super nice mon to see, though I think it's unfortunately not going to see a lot of use in in-game stuff since we only get one Poipole and can't IV check it on obtaining. On showdown though, oh boy I can't wait to play around with this bad boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)