Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

A semi trick room team. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated :). It is a team I made for Doubles OU in Pokemon showdown

im afraid the team doesnt quite match the rmt rules where you should put at least a 3 line description about each pokemon, but i'll slip a quick rate anyway:

first, and most importantly: frost breath + anger point strategy is unviable in doubles ou for a multitude of reasons, of which the main ones being the fact that its a very and widely known gimmick, which any experienced player should be able to stop from teampreview, making it rather unsuccessful. it's also prone to speed control (tailwind, trick room, thunderwave etc.., wide guard, and just walled by many common pokemon like ferrothorn and celeteela, making it very unviable, apart from the fact that both tauros and frosslass are unviable individually too

the second essential point: doubles ou is a metagame where the move protect is probably the most used move, in opposition to your team that doesn't include it. protect allows you to stall field effects like tapu terrains, tailwind and trick room, weather and so on, and also protects a pokemon while its partner does work. it also sheilds you from double targetting. in short, protect is too useful to be disregarded.

aegislash prefers running a special set in dou to be less vulnerable to intimidate, which is super common in the metagame, and the occasional burn. aegislash would be running 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def or 4 Spe up to preference (the latter being mine) . it runs dual special stab in shadow ball and flash cannon , king's sheild and either wide guard or substitute as last move depending on the team's needs. you might prefer wide guard to begin with

tapu lele isnt typically specs, and prefers either life orb or choice scarf or even sitrus berry for an item, since its usually slow or lacking of power, with life orb to keep its much needed versatility. you would run moonblast, psychic and taunt with protect, and can even run fightinium z if you wish to keep focus blast over taunt

mimikyu isnt unviable by definition, but it is not what it is in vgc, as its much less stronger in a longer lasting metagame, where spread is more common, therefore i recomend changing mimikyu to another member.

sadly, i will also add that heracross-mega is not exactly viable with the meta being infested with tapus everywhere, psychic spam, speed control and so on, rendering heracross mega hard to use.

overall, i dont think i can edit this team without destroying its main core so if i am to suggest replacements you would end up with a very different team. if anything you can start by keeping aegislash and tapu lele, and using the viability rankings list as a guide on what pokemon are good right now

really hope you take the critism contructively as destructive as it may seem, good luck! feel free to drop by the doubles ou room or even pm/vm me for help if you'd like it !

Last edited:
im afraid the team doesnt quite match the rmt rules where you should put at least a 3 line description about each pokemon, but i'll slip a quick rate anyway:

first, and most importantly: frost breath + anger point strategy is unviable in doubles ou for a multitude of reasons, of which the main ones being the fact that its a very and widely known gimmick, which any experienced player should be able to stop from teampreview, making it rather unsuccessful. it's also prone to speed control (tailwind, trick room, thunderwave etc.., wide guard, and just walled by many common pokemon like ferrothorn and celeteela, making it very unviable, apart from the fact that both tauros and frosslass are unviable individually too

the second essential point: doubles ou is a metagame where the move protect is probably the most used move, in opposition to your team that doesn't include it. protect allows you to stall field effects like tapu terrains, tailwind and trick room, weather and so on, and also protects a pokemon while its partner does work. it also sheilds you from double targetting. in short, protect is too useful to be disregarded.

aegislash prefers running a special set in dou to be less vulnerable to intimidate, which is super common in the metagame, and the occasional burn. aegislash would be running 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def or 4 Spe up to preference (the latter being mine) . it runs dual special stab in shadow ball and flash cannon , king's sheild and either wide guard or substitute as last move depending on the team's needs. you might prefer wide guard to begin with

tapu lele isnt typically specs, and prefers either life orb or choice scarf or even sitrus berry for an item, since its usually slow or lacking of power, with life orb to keep its much needed versatility. you would run moonblast, psychic and taunt with protect, and can even run fightinium z if you wish to keep focus blast over taunt

mimikyu isnt unviable by definition, but it is not what it is in vgc, as its much less stronger in a longer lasting metagame, where spread is more common, therefore i recomend changing mimikyu to another member.

sadly, i will also add that heracross-mega is not exactly viable with the meta being infested with tapus everywhere, psychic spam, speed control and so on, rendering heracross mega hard to use.

overall, i dont think i can edit this team without destroying its main core so if i am to suggest replacements you would end up with a very different team. if anything you can start by keeping aegislash and tapu lele, and using the viability rankings list as a guide on what pokemon are good right now

really hope you take the critism contrusctively as destructive as it may seem, good luck! feel free to drop by the doubles ou room or even pm/vm me for help if you'd li
Thanks I actually will try your suggestion thnx.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)