Player of the Week #2: CoolStoryBrobat

Sam

i say it's all just wind in sails
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

CoolStoryBrobat
Favorite Pokemon: Sandslash
(didn't see that one coming, did you?)
Most Known For: Modding the UU PS Room
Most Used Pokemon: Cobalion
namehtmas: Tell us a little about yourself

CSB: I'm a 21 y/o black guy who's kinda just an ordinary dude for real lol. I'm not going to school at the moment (laziness is a big force of nature in my life) and I work part-time at a grocery store. Aside from that I just like chilling with my friends, watching/playing some sports, having a good time, drawing, making music, cooking now and then, studying the Bible with people, and playing video games. When I'm not doing that however, I'm on the block hustling bricks in the trap and going hard in the paint.

namehtmas: What was your first pokemon game?

CSB: My first Pokemon game was actually Pokemon Red, and I got hooked instantly. I was 10 in 4th Grade and wanted to see what all the Pokemon hype was about so I borrowed my friend's Pokemon Red version, and got so hooked on it I ended up keeping it like 3 months before I gave it back lol. Ever since then I've been a big fan of the series.

namehtmas: How'd you ascend to top mod on the server?

CSB: I kinda just hung in Lobby and just talked about whatever the discussion was if it interested me. Next thing I know I ended up getting Voice. Bout a month or so later I got Driver, and then Mods some time after that. Course you don't just get promoted for talking, but being a good chat presence and all that...don't let yourself get dragged into pointless arguments and unhealthy debates, be a good example for other users to follow, and just be cool. That's pretty much the secret to being promoted lol.

namehtmas: What made you play UU?

CSB: I actually started off messing around in VGC when I joined Smogon, during Gen V, but I got tired of seeing the same Pokemon over and over (as a result Amoonguss is now my most-hated Pokemon) and started moving to the standard 6v6 formats. Even then I got real tired of OU for similar reasons, and I noticed a lot of my favorite Pokemon who were less commonly seen in OU were UU, so I played it for a bit and got a feel instantly.

namehtmas: Who are some of your favorite people on Smogon?

CSB:
Honestly I was never really with just giving shoutouts to specific users because there's a whole lotta people both within and outside the UU community that are really awesome peeps. Put it like this, if you're reading this and we were on good terms last time we talked, you're on this list. :]

(I will give a big shoutout to Psychotic I guess. Always looked up to that guy, great and innovative player who believed in me when I wasn't so sure of myself)

namehtmas: What would you tell new players?

CSB: I would tell new players in general before you get yourself into anything, lurk. Read the info wherever you can, see not only what better players are doing, but also how and why they're doing it. Learn the basics of whatever you're trying to get into before throwing yourself into it; play the game, don't let it play you. And for the love of Lipton Peach Iced Tea make sure you strive to improve once you get something going...Don't be that low ladder guy everyone hates to run into because he uses some unexpected stuff that shouldn't actually work 9/10 times.

namehtmas: What are some of your favorite moments from modding the server?

CSB: I think my favorite moment was when UU came out of Beta stage and started off with retesting Thundurus-T. He was a fun guy however broken he was. In fact you know what the entire meta around and even a little bit before that time was when UU was at its best. :[ #Freevile2014 #UnlockTheKeys2014 #BringBackZapdosLatiasAndKeldeo

namehtmas: Favorite movie?

CSB: I love a lot of movies, but I'm gonna have to say Four Brothers. Real nice classic movie, it struck me cause I'm the youngest out of four brothers and whatnot.

namehtmas: Does Le'Veon Bell do a good Carlton?

CSB: You know it :]

#SteelerNation! Thank you CoolStoryBrobat! I'll be back next week (I promise) with another UU player. PM me your nominations!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)