RMT Pink Bows

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Well, this team was in part inspired upon seeing Deck Knight’s Vaporeon in action. However, whereas he described his Wish support meant to refuel offensive “glass cannons,” I became interested in using a much more bulky combination. If you’ve been in the PS room within the past week, you might have heard some talk about bows or BOWS; Bulky Offense + Wish Support. So far I’ve made two BOWS teams, and am now posting what I believe to be the better one. BOWS essentially works by stacking multiple high HP Wish users alongside hard-hitting attackers that can still tank hits in their own right. I’d also like to highlight the typing synergy of the team as a whole. Especially when Wish passing and switching so much, having no shared weaknesses throughout the team is very helpful. It is also my intention to add this team to the list of Sample Teams for Entering the CAP Metagame at some point after discussion within this thread.

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Assault Vest + Max Attack Landorus is one of the very best examples of a Bulky Offensive Pokémon, in my opinion. If I don’t foresee any ice of water-STAB attacks, then he’s usually a good lead. Knock off helps cripple a number of things switching into him. U-turn provides a nice switch out against slow threats, and deals super effective damage against Colossoil and Tyranitar. Earthquake is mandatory for STAB, and will deal impressive damage against things that don’t resist it. Stone Edge is perhaps the least useful move of the bunch, and it primarily serves to hit Flying-types, and is also the greatest damaging move Landorus has for Tomohawk.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Defog
- Roost
- Bug Bite

Mega Scizor covers Landorus-T’s ice weakness quite well. Aside from that, Scizor provides great utility as a Defogger, which its teammates appreciate. Bullet Punch hits fast and hard with Technician, and Bug Bite provides a second STAB and a way to hit Psychic and Dark types (and a niche benefit of eating Sitrus Berries for Cawmodores switching in). Roost is for general longevity, and it eases the burden by the Wish passers at times. Scizor struggles the most against Heatran, however, as he can’t clear hazards with him on the field and can’t threaten him offensively at all.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SpA
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Toxic

This Chansey is total Taunt bait, and if you want to avoid being this way you could swap out Toxic for Seismic toss. However, as it stands now I prefer to try to toxic common taunters, such as Tomohawk, as they attempt to switch into Chansey. Wish provides massive recovery for teammates, and Heal Bell is vital in removing status effects. Protect just has great synergy with this moveset, and between my Wish passers working together, they have enough protects to stall out a Taunt user.

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 SpD
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Toxic

Alomomola is pretty much the only Pokémon I trust to reliably Wish pass back to Chansey in the event that the standard cleric needs some healing of her own. The EVs here provide a good Leftovers/Stealth Rock number, all the while still providing great physical bulk. Speaking of physical bulk, Chansey greatly appreciates having such a physical wall to be paired with as a Wish passing partner. Toxic serves the same general trend as with Chansey, but Knock Off is chosen in place of Scald because it becomes crucial to knock off the items of the opponent’s defensive core to break past them. For this very reason, Alomomola has a good shot at slowly chipping away at Heatran’s health, who will fail to break through Alomomola’s bulk without a burn from a fire move or a special defense drop for Earth Power/Flash Cannon. Furthermore, in the event of Roar, Alomomola can usually send a massive Wish pass to a teammate anyway. As an ability, Regenerator is also incredibly useful and allows Alomomola to heal its teammates and itself at the same time.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Calm Mind

Whereas Chansey is the special wall and Alomomola is the physical one, Sylveon is EVed in defense in order to provide mixed capabilities. Hyper Voice with Sylveon is the team’s main counter against Tomohawk. Furthermore, with the invested defense, Sylveon has potential to take out or at least severely weaken Colossoil. At the same time, its natural special bulk means that it’s a great counter to Cyclohm, too. Though its Wishes aren’t nearly as big as those from Chansey or Alomomola, it is still able to provide support for the attackers of the team and being able to heal oneself is never a bad trait either.

Mollux @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Eruption
- Lava Plume
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt

Scarf Mollux is my Cawmodore counter, and a pretty good one at that. Beyond that, Mollux provides general fire support and typing synergy with the rest of the team. Keldeo is one of Landorus-T’s greatest threats, and if choice and/or lacking Hidden Power Ground it usually will have a hard team dealing with Mollux. This in particular is one of the reasons why Mollux was chosen for the team over similar scarfers such as Volkraken (not having a double electric weakness on the team is great, too). Eruption does insane damage, and with two Knock Off users on my team, it even has a good shot of taking out a weakened opposing Chansey. All of the Wish support that this team provides also allows Eruption to be much more reliable than it otherwise would be. Lava Plume is to fish for burns, and is a general go-to move if a switch is predicted and the opponent lacks any Fire-types. Sludge Wave nails some fairies pretty hard, and Thunderbolt allows Keldeo and Tomohawk to be regretting staying in if they so choose to.

Some replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/cap-143132135
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/cap-142463688

Last edited:
You bastard, you actually posted the team. You KNOW it gives me absolute cancer. (not a funny joke i know dont bite my head off cancer diagnosed people).
Evs are incomplete on Scizor, missing a crucial 1 point in a stat that could win you the game. In all seriousness, it really looks like a good team. Scarf Mollux gave me the worst scare ever. Looks like a solid team, look forward to getting asswiped by it in the future :D

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Oh wow, thanks for letting me know about Scizor missing 4 EVs. I think I'll put them into speed, since then he can win speed ties with Arghonaut. And thanks for the compliments on the team :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)