Persian-Alola (QC 0/3) (Complete revision done)

[OVERVIEW]
-Fur Coat improves Alolan Persians defense to a pretty decent level.

-Good utility movepool, along with an insane speedstat and some HP-investments will allow Alolan Persian to be a great utility Pokemon.

-High lead-potential

-Low base stats, except speed makes Alolan Persians purposes limited.

-Alolan Persian is not really suitable for specially defensive and offensive builds, because of its stats, it will be outclassed by others in these situations.

[SET]
name: Lead/Scout
move 1: Taunt
move 2: Foul Play
move 3: Toxic / Hypnosis
move 4: Parting Shot
item: Darkinium-Z
ability: Fur Coat
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
-Taunt counters most other leadpokemon as it prevents Stealth Rocks, Toxic Spikes and Spikes from being used.

-Taunt shuts down recovery move spam stallers very well.

-Foul Play shuts down opposing physical damage dealers fairly easily.

-Foul Play gets a STAB-bonus for even more damage.

-Parting Shot is a great way to scout and run away any time you want.

-Parting Shot offers great utility and has a wonderful Z-move.

-Toxic kills stalling and tanky opponents.

-Hypnosis shuts down scary sweepers, but is risky because of its accuracy.

Set Details
========
-Fur Coat gives Alolan Persian 314 defense with only 4EVs in defense.

-Invest fully in Persians low HP-stat to optimize its tankiness.

-Don't invest in attack as it doesn't increase Foul Plays damage.

-Maximize Alolan Persians speed to take full advantage of it; you can will be able to use Taunt first and get away scouting any time you want.

-Darkinium-Z gives access to Z-Parting Shot, which fully recovers the HP of the Pokemon you switch to.

Usage Tips
========
-Use Alolan Persian as lead and Taunt instantly to prevent Stealth Rocks, Toxic Spikes and Spikes, if you expect any of those to be used.

-Use Parting Shot when Alolan Persian is in danger and switch in a Pokemon that can tank the shot with ease.

-Parting Shot along with Persians high speed stat allows great scouting.

-Foul Play is a great move to stop physical damage sweepers.

-Hypnosis along with Alolan Persians high speed stat is also a great way to shut down sweepers.

-Switch in Alolan Persian when facing a recovery move spam stallers; Taunt but also Toxic will stop them very well.

-Use Z-Parting Shot if you have an almost dead Pokemon on your team that you'd like to be fully recovered.

Team Options
========
-Alolan Persian works great with tanky Pokemon it can safely Parting Shot to, like; Claydol, Vileplume, Garbodor, Steelix, Bastiodon, Jellicent and especially Slowbro.

-Alolan Persian can prevent Stealth Rocks from being set up, so Stealth Rocks-sensitive Pokemon like; Charizard, Oricorio, Golbat and Vikavolt can safely be used.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
-Technican, Special, Alolan Persian, Life Orb with Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, Water Pulse and Hidden Power (Flying) could work, but Alolan Persians low special attack stat makes this moveset easily outclassed.

-Switcheroo with Choice-item can really mess up an opposing Utilitypokemon. It could be built in the Technican Special moveset by replacing Nasty Plot by Switcheroo and Life Orb by Choice Specs, but it doesn't really fit in any other Alolan Persian moveset.

-Switcheroo with Flame Orb can shut down physical sweepers very well, but this is very risky as it drains Alolan Persians own health. Besides, it doesn't fit in any Alolan Persian moveset.

-Fake Out gives you a free shot, but doesn't deal that much damage as it doesn't get the STAB-bonus; there are better purposes for your moveslot.

-U-Turn could replace Parting Shot, but it doesn't give access to Z-Parting Shot and Parting Shots other utility. Besides, U-Turn doesn't really do any damage when used by Alolan Persian. The only advantage of using U-Turn instead of Parting Shot is that Taunt won't be able to interfear with your escape.

-Swagger is an option that drastically increases Foul Plays power when used together. Unfortunatily it's not really a reliable strategy, because if the opponent doesn't hurt himself during its confusion, the doubled attack could be a huge threat.

Checks and Counters
===================
-Choice Scarf sweepers are a huge threat as they outspeed Alolan Persian; even though the defensive investments Alolan Persian still can't tank strong attacks. Choice Scarf Hitmonlee is a good example.

-Toxic kills Alolan Persian over time and has no way of recovering from it by itself.

-Paralysis slows Alolan Persian a lot, so it will be outsped by sweepers or either Taunted by other Pokemon.

-Whimsicott is Alolan Persians biggest counter because Prankster will allow Whimsicott to use status moves first. Alolan Persian could either be Taunted or either Whimsicott could Switcheroo a Choice Specs towards him.

-Trick/Switcheroo along with a Choice-item are very dangerous for Alolan Persians. Beware of the following Pokemon that this strategy is occasionally used on; Meloetta, Mesprit, Rotom-Mow and Rotom.

-Xatu is also pretty scary because Magic Bounce bounces all status moves back towards you.

Last edited:
I did some revision on my first Alolan Persian analyses and updated it to the current meta-game. Since I had a very long break in competitive, I'm not fully aware of the current meta-game, so I needed some more time to figure out the best moveset for Alolan Persian. I did keep up with the Pokemon games though, but of course that doesn't keep your knowledge up to date. I spent my last two evenings testing the best ways to use Alolan Persian in NU and I had some pretty great success with Alolan Persian with my latest Alolan Persian moveset. I probably sent my last Alolan Persian analyses from WIP to QC a bit too quickly, because not everything was optimized yet and even yesterday already I wanted to makes changes to the post I made the day before, so that's my bad. I'm also sincerely sorry for calling Smogon forums a trash place and such, since it's not true and even if it was, I shouldn't have said it anyways.

However, moderators should learn to communicate with the analysts rather than just locking up their topics, giving them no chance to defend their own thoughts nor correct their possibly made mistakes. Locking topics with no communication is not only extremely disrespectful, it doesn't really make anything better either. I've active on several forums for a long time and from experience I know leaving a topic open for one more day really doesn't make the forums untidy or confusing; I think this is your reason to delete posts so quickly. On the other hand, it's really frustrating for your analysts as they did some hard work and you just throw it in the bin like it means nothing. I'm sure all analysts rather correct their posts rather than rewriting everything and I'm also sure they would very much like their work to be respected at least. For instance if you make a simple post by telling me; “Hey Strahssis, this is not going in the right direction; I think you should think more in this direction. Why exactly did you choose Move A over Move B? Please go over your analyses again and optimize it where you can. We appreciate your efforts, let's see if we can make this work. Sincerely, Moderator” it would be very much appreciated. Besides, it will provide you with an improved analyses, if possible of course, which is the whole point of it; uploading the best analyses on Smogon possible. Your should really try it out; the positive results will surprise you.

So, if you see anything in my analyses that might not look right, give me a hint and I'll find out what is right.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Prankster does not affect Dark Types as of Gen 7, making Whimsicott's prankster advantage moot. Also remove mentions of unviable 'mons like Bastidon and Charizard if you don't want to get reassigned again

This was reassigned already, you don't just get to do it again without talking to the mods. Its clear reading over this analysis that you arent familiar enough with the Pokemon to write the analysis. The complete lack of setup sweepers mentioned in team options is a huge red flag. Before you contribute more to C&C, please read the rules. I'm locking this thread again. If you post another analysis for Persian-Alola you will be infracted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)