Panda And The Puff(Peaked Number 1)

Who's more real?

• Total voters

Ajna

i tell my ppl i don't need love but
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Panda And The Puff
So, this is the first RMT I've ever done so bear(no pun intended) with me. I have had a ton of success with this team on the ladder so I thought it would be cool to share it with you guys and maybe get some advice in the process. So without further adieu, here's the squad.

In Depth With Sets

Escavalier @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Pursuit/Drill Run
So I chose Escavalier because it checks and counters some of the biggest threats in the tier such as Meloetta, Dragalge, and Cresselia. Assault Vest helps Scav check the powerful special attackers in the tier while giving him the ability to switch moves unlike the banded set. The last slot is a toss up between Pursuit and Drill Run. Pursuit enables you to trap the likes of Meloetta and weakened threats while drill run helps you hit Cobalion and other steels.

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost

Pidgeot is extremely good in the tier right now but I haven't seen anyone run this set. With Pidgeot's decent bulk and ability to force switches it finds lots of opportunities to defog throughout a match. As my team lacks a boosting sweeper Pidgeot will usually be cleaning up the last few mons on the opponents team. Having a mon that can wallbreak, defog, and clean is a great luxury to have.

Pangoro @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Punch

Panda is my favorite mon in the tier at the moment because of its sheer wallbreaking power. Pangoro pretty much 2hkoes the whole tier with the correct coverage move. Pangoro works really well with the team because it breaks down mons that Pidgeot can't consistently break through like spdef Mola. The move set is pretty self-explanatory. Knock off is a nice stab that deals great power and removes items, superpower is the nuke attack that almost nothing can switch into(especially with scrappy), Gunk shot hits Fairy's like Aromatisse, and lastly Ice Punch hits Gligar.

Whimsicott @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-Turn/Stun Spore
- Encore
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain

Whim is the momentum grabbing glue mon. It creates lots of switches and generally just annoys the opponents team with Stun Spore and Encore. Personally I've been loving Encore and Stun Spore but U-Turn is definitely a more reliable way of getting Panda in but doubling works just as well. Encore greatly helps against Substitute Mega Sharpedo and Slurpuff. Whim is also my go to check for Sharpedo but you have to watch out for Poison Fang which is something I've seen more and more lately.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Rhyperior is on the squad to setup rocks, check exploud, and check birds. Rhyperior can also come in on cress to get up some free rocks then roar her out. Rhyperior is a solid rocker for any team because of its great bulk and ability to shut down bird spam.

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

And here she is, the most annoying mon in the tier. Alomomola has good bulk on both sides helping it to check Pidgeot, Clawitzer, etc. It passes fat wishes which greatly helps out my team. Alomomola helps keep Escavalier and Rhyperior healthy so that they can check what they need to throughout the whole match. If you let the fish die early on in the match, you will be worn down by the insane amount of special attacking threats in the tier and subsequently will most likely lose the match.

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my team! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :]
Pangoro @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Punch

Whimsicott @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stun Spore
- Encore
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Escavalier @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost

Last edited:

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ajna for most garbage nigga alive 2K15.

On a serious note, I can't offer much help along the lines of the team, but just a few things you might want to do aesthetically.

1- add a teambuilding process. People like to see your thoughts when putting together a team, and if you had any different pokemon before the final product

2- Explain the EVs for each pokemon. Most should understand the purpose of each EVs, but not every RU player (especially inexperienced ones who look to RMTs for teambuilding ideas) what 104 speed on Esca creeps, why you'd run Adamant on Panda when it's powerful with Jolly etc. It really helps those who might want to look at this team for inspiration or advice.

3- Mega Shark is banned, so remove that from Whimsicott's mentions

4- Looks like Escavalier's description is offset. Might just be BC I'm on mobile. I'll recheck soon.

5- switch Pursuit and Drill Run on Escavalier.

Hope I could make this at least look pretty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)