Overwatch - Brigitte used FLAIL!

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Today I've decided to play Sombra on one account. Besides a couple of matches where people told me to kill myself and threw, I won all games. I feel that Sombra is underrated right now, hack has a short cd and translocator feels like an incredibly goo way of movement right now.

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
tfw u have one of your teammates being insanely toxic and/or throwing for 7 games in a row

i need to like not play on weekends lol

I love Sombra, currently rocking a 73% winrate with her on my smurf, only beaten out by Reaper and D.va. The hack cooldown buff makes her soooo much more powerful, as does translocator cooldown buff - before she had too much down time, but now she really can be an effective backline harasser who can punish teams with bad support players by controlling heal packs. Also her damage is quite frankly underrated, it's not that bad, it's just inconsistent, but I do kill Mercy / Zen often with the SMG :). Oh also hacking Roadhog / D.va is sooo good and it basically a ton of free ult charge for your team n_n

Also I feel you with that toxic shit, had a guy raging sooo hard today in comp and then threw, calling us all bad >.> like stop....

HailFall

Playing sym on my alt for fun/to see how high i can get. Rn i have 71% winrate and got the alt from 2200 to 2500. Shes really fun tbh. People tend to tilt if I pick her on attack but if they dont throw the match or play badly because of tilt or something we usually stomp them lol. I'm surprised by how viable she really is, I think saying she should only be played on defense isn't true at all. Tele is crazy strong on attack, even if its harder to build that tele in the first place.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
There's a GM Symmetra main that fluctuates around 4.2k in EU that destroys every game people don't throw in. He gets the attacking teleport in places the defense has no business being, making their attacks a constant incessant wave that's hard to stop. Of course this wouldn't work in pro play, but it really works at most SRs.

HailFall

HERO UPDATES
Genji

• Removed the attack cooldown from Genji’s wall climbing ability, allowing him to engage with enemies immediately after completing a climb
Developer Comments: This is a quality of life change to make wall climbing feel better.

Hanzo

• Removed the attack cooldown from Hanzo’s wall climbing ability, allowing him to engage with enemies immediately after completing a climb
  • Storm Bow
    • Increased charge speed by 10%
    • Charged arrows now maintain their charge after climbing a wall, provided the button is continuously held
Developer Comments: Decreasing Hanzo’s draw time gives him more overall DPS, while also letting him fully charge an arrow and more quickly return to full movement speed when needed. And, like the change to Genji’s wall climbing, this is a quality of life change that will make climbing feel better.

Orisa

• Fusion Driver
    • Damage reduced by 15%
  • Protective Barrier
    • Cooldown reduced from 12 seconds to 8 seconds
Developer Comments: To help Orisa maintain the front line for her team, we’re reducing the cooldown of her Protective Barrier. This change also helps her reposition the barrier more easily when needed. To compensate for this new defensive strength, we're reducing her Fusion Driver's damage, as it felt too high.

Reaper

• Wraith Form
    • Ammo is now entirely refilled when Wraith Form is used
Developer Comments: Wraith Form is typically used as an escape ability after firing. This change gives Reaper a fighting chance if an enemy chases him down as he uses it.

Reinhardt

• Earthshatter
    • Effective height has been lowered from 3 meters to 2 meters
    • The height threshold of objects that Earthshatter can "climb" has been lowered from 3 meters to 2 meters, making Earthshatter less likely to climb tall objects as it "crawls" along the ground.
Developer Comments: Earthshatter tended to climb unexpectedly high, frequently hitting targets that were significantly above the ground. These changes help the ability stay more grounded.

Soldier: 76

• Heavy Pulse Rifle
    • Bullet damage decreased from 20 to 19
Developer Comments: Soldier:76 is in a much better place lately, but his damage output was making him a must pick, compared to similar roles.
New ptr up https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20722025

Soldier and Rein changes are good imo. Maybe Soldier needs to be nerfed a bit more but I guess its worth seeing how things turn out.

Genji can slash 10 times with dragonblade with a wallclimb bug on PTR lol, hopefully that gets fixed.

I'm a bit surprised by Hanzo buffs as I thought he was pretty much fine. Not sure I like this buff. He's gonna be able to just load up scatter, climb a wall, and surprise gib whoever is up top. I could see hanzo potentially being picked a lot more if this change goes live.

Idk why they nerfed Orisa's damage lol, hopefully it doesn't hurt her too much.

Reaper thing is pretty small but I guess its better than nothing. He might get used a bit more now with Soldier being slightly weaker.

People are saying this will be Pharmercy meta 2.0, idk if i buy that the soldier change will have that much impact. Worst comes to worst Widow always exists to heavily punish Pharah if she's not playing super carefully, though Widow is a liability against other things that can be run alongside Pharah (dive in general).

Hi guys, so with the season almost over, just wondering how everyone did? I feel like there used to be a lot of discussion here but not very much recently.

For me I placed at like 3950, was playing solo Mercy and hit 4250, then dropped far to like 3750, and then decided to pick Symm back up along with a bit of Lucio to get to 4133, which is I think where I'll be ending the season at. It isn't Top 500 unfortunately but hey it's still pretty good lol :) also I'm glad I went through that season and I realized my Mercy is trash lol, next season I'm going to be sticking with Lucio for KoTH and Symm for everything else, and then occasionally Winston / D.va if those two really won't work out. EDIT: Turns out I needed to play one more game, ended up winning though, now ending at 4155.

This season I also made an alt, I played randomly generated heroes using a number generator lol. Rn I'm 3697 although I might play a few more games before the season ends. My highest playtime was Winston, lowest was Tracer, highest winrate was Reaper, lowest was Orisa. It's funny because Reaper can (does?) work a lot like attack Symm since they're both close range with high damage outputs... maybe I need to start playing him more lmao xD

Last edited:

Joim

Pixels matter
We hang out mostly in the discord, that's why.
Well, I finish the season at GM, high of 4200, and that's mostly it. Decided to basically otp tracer next season :D

Hmm yeah I'm not good at discord lol :/ I just find it less fun to talk in than other chats idk why...
And nice on high 4200! Who were you playing mainly? And Tracer is fun, there are a lot of high GM / Top 500 Tracer mains on Xbox, she is very strong and I usually lose vs them low key >.>

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
fuk discord

free OW since I had to work through the previous one PogChamp

Learning 24 characters is gonna be a lot harder than Team Fortress 2's nine though

HailFall

I peaked 3112 this season, and im decayed to 3k right now. Honestly i was just trying to get enough points for gold gun at end of season lol. I might tryhard for masters next season we will see

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
Peaked around 4100 and decayed to 3600ish since I took a break for a while. Picked up Pharah and Tracer and hoping to get more practice in with Genji.

I'm thinking of getting either Winston or D.va... I don't know if I said but I ended up getting Lucio gold gun from my season 3 points... I want both Winston's and D.va's eventually but I'm not sure who to get first... I like D.va's personality more and I'm better with her (because I've played her about twice as much as Winston), but Winston's gold gun is way cooler (D.va's mech guns gold are kinda ugly low key) and I think I have more fun playing him. Although not by a ton. And D.va's skins are so good. But her mech gold gun is so ugly. Ahhhhhhh

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
cant get a golden weapon yet :( played so little this season cuz i took like a ~2 month break. i need about 15-20 more wins for a new golden weapon.

idk what to get tho, i already got 3 for my 3 fav heroes (ana genji pharah), my next would 100% be one of mccree, mercy, or roadhog probably

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)