Overwatch - Brigitte used FLAIL!

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Orisa is very fun to play and at the moment she's very strong, very used in pro play too. The shield is not stationary which makes you need a turtle defense or slow pushes but the low cooldownd and pull make her a nightmare to play against.

Roadhog right now is in a very good state, definitely my favourite offtank, the lower rank you got the strongest he is too, IMO.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What does everyone think of the new CTF?

CTF is one of my favourites in OW and I feel that the changes have made the mode feel a lot faster and intense. The fights happen more throughout the map now rather than trying to push through like one choke to get the flag. And it's more fair and more chance to deny a flag capture now rather than trying to chase a Primal Winston or som other high mobility stuff.

Team coordination seems even more important now. Builders are less annoying but new map has annoying turret sightlines, for both Sym and Torb. However, overall more fun I feel.

My gripes are that as usual they don't explain in game the new flag mechanics and timers.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
What does everyone think of the new CTF?

CTF is one of my favourites in OW and I feel that the changes have made the mode feel a lot faster and intense. The fights happen more throughout the map now rather than trying to push through like one choke to get the flag. And it's more fair and more chance to deny a flag capture now rather than trying to chase a Primal Winston or som other high mobility stuff.

Team coordination seems even more important now. Builders are less annoying but new map has annoying turret sightlines, for both Sym and Torb. However, overall more fun I feel.

My gripes are that as usual they don't explain in game the new flag mechanics and timers.
From the 2 games I've played of it, it feels better. Honestly just sudden death would be a really fun mini gamemode and new flag mechanics (no clue how the work) feel less inclined towards draws. I won one lost one, on the one I won I somehow capped as torb

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
Seoul Dynasty is just winning because they go up against easy teams. It’s boosting their win ration. They should go up against better teams to really show how good they are. I’m not calling them bad. I just want to clarify why they seem so good, even though they’re not

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yea lol. Let's not forget that LAV placed above / equal to SD in Stage 1 and beat them 3-0.

Please stop with the blind hate thanks.

qsxsqsxs

Wailord is less dense than air.
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Tbh I kinda hope that they're tricking us, and they made it seem like it was gonna be Brigitte but it isn't, that would be WILD

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
IT'S HAPPENING

For some reason, this doesn't mention her passive, which heals nearby teammates when attacking.
It does just indirectly when describing her flail. Haven't seen anything other than the website but its nice that they've seemed to have taken the clue and aren't making any more dps, also a very interesting support concept.

So Brigitte has been out for a couple hours now, and I think she is turning out good so far. Thoughts on good teammates, counters, general strats, etc.?

For some reason, I keep thinking Whip Shot is a stun. That's what I get for playing Roadhog a lot recently, lol.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think she pairs really well with a high burst HPS character like Moira, Ana and Mercy. I wouldn't be surprised if she took over a Lucio spot but speed is so important in this game. Ideally I'd put her with squishy characters like Tracer and Genji so they can dive in with armor. As for tanks I'm not really sure? She doesn't really "help" tanks in the way she helps DPS so it's up in the air, Roadhog off the top of my head would love the armor but all the other tanks have that trait anyway so eh.

I'd go Brigitte / Ana Mercy / Genji / Tracer / Hog / Orisa but that probably needs a bit more tuning than I'm capable of.

edit:
she also allows Doomfist more

sandshrewz

POTATO
I think Brigitte is viable on more compositions than I give credit for. But we'll see in due time. I think this is the first post-release hero where there's a lot of uncertainty as to how she'd be run? Did they ever reduce her Whip Shot cool down from PTR or something? I always thought it was longer. And it's kinda weird that as a projectile attack on Shift, it doesn't have a windup time unlike Sleep Dart and Chain Hook. I guess you get to fire it faster then which isn't a bad thing either, just takes some time getting used to.

Brigitte is a pretty fun hero to play for me, perhaps cos she's new and all. I keep forgetting to use Shield Bash though lol. I like Rally as a tempo support ult similar to Valkyrie. And woo it's cool that you can cast it while holding down shield. Great to have another peeling support aside from Lucio. I still think a lower Repair Pack cooldown with lower healing / armour would be better and less frustrating to play with and against though. Overheal is pretty annoying in the first place so /shrug.

Surprised people don't really instalock her that much actually. Looking forward to seeing her in pro play.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I like Brigitte about as much as rein (not even a little, melee only is just bleh) but facing her isn't too bad until she ults. Her ult is fucking nuts imo, like at least lucio has a progress cool down but her's sticks. which combined with her auto healing in frays and paired with literally any other healer, she and her team become nearly impossible to break without ulting with pharah or dva or something yourself. Idk, outside of that I really enjoy the game rn but I need another loot box event or something to come up to stay interested, or i'm gonna stop playing for a bit until anniversary loot boxes come around :/

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
She's pretty good! Dumped about 10 hours into her on the PTR but haven't really logged in since.

Also, probably going to avoid OW until they get rid of "avoid this player" cause I don't feel like 20 minute Que times again

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
So don't be a

- Woman

- Child

- Young Adult

- Off Meta Hero Main

Gotcha.
As far as I know you aren't a woman or a child and young adults (teenagers? Or just any 20 yr old?) are the bulk of the player base, so lol. Being a stubborn off meta hero main will net you some avoids, but you have to remember that each player only has 2 avoids so you have to be awfully noxious to have consistent 20 minute wait times just from avoids.

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
As far as I know you aren't a woman or a child and young adults (teenagers? Or just any 20 yr old?) are the bulk of the player base, so lol. Being a stubborn off meta hero main will net you some avoids, but you have to remember that each player only has 2 avoids so you have to be awfully noxious to have consistent 20 minute wait times just from avoids.

My girlfriend has gotten to the point where she ends up muting half the people she plays comp with because whenever she tries to speak she's shut down because "We got a stupid bitch on our team, great." Also, do you follow /r/Overwatch or the actual forums? People wanted this feature specifically to "stop people from playing off meta / one tricking".

This is another example of Blizzard promising you can't get punished for playing who you want but then punishing people for playing who they want...and now they're giving the community the option to single out people in game who they feel should be punished for minimal reasons.

Or.... you could not be the type of player that gets avoided?
There is no "Type" of person. You can literally "Avoid This Teammate" Anyone you want for whatever reason in hopes that it eventually results in some sort of minor punishment. I can Avoid female players, children, Mercy Mains, anything. It doesn't HAVE to be because they're being toxic.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
You seem to miss the fact that each person only has a maximum of 2 avoids, you can't just burn this on any one-tricker (which in comp are an objectionable influence) or woman (lol)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)