SM UU OU's Former Champions

Hello everyone, and welcome to my first RMT! UU has always been my favorite tier, for some weird reason (Infernape totally isn't in this tier). Plz forgive me if I mess up, as this is my first RMT. Hope you enjoy.

Teambuilding Process

I began with this core. I really wanted to build around these Pokemon and Scizor helps Gengar alot by killing all of its weaknesses. Gengar just destroys.

I needed a Fire resist that could live a hit or two for Scizor and still hit back very hard. Starmie fit the bill, also clearing out entry hazards and keeping us safe from the unsuspected Sticky Web (oh how i hate u with a burning passion).

Next, I wanted a glue Pokemon that could stop setup sweepers, hold the team together, be a dick (look at that face. he doesn't give a fuck about anything), and just be a good tank overall. Regenerator really helps him do his job well.

Setup sweepers were still looking pretty scary, because a Bisharp or Mega Aerodactyl with multiple boosts won't hesitate rip apart my team. Enter Unaware Clefable(also known as the counterpart of Gengar). It basically just holds up against setup sweepers in case Scizor and Amoongus die. It also passes huge Wishes to teammates and heals them of status, which my team hates. So Clefable certainly isn't a one trick pony. It's a master of 3 trades.

Finally, I wanted a secondary wincon that was OU once. Raikou fit the bill,
hitting quite hard after a Calm Mind or two. It also takes special attacks quite well, which is good considering my walls are defensively orientated.
The Team

Nerfed and Nerfs (Gengar) @ Life Orb
Ability: Cursed Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Icy Wind

Gengar is one member of the two mon core that I built this team around. He is the nuke coming in to slay everything he hits neutrally. He revenge kills mons that can wall Scizor like Raikou and Magneton. He also provides speed control with Icy Wind. If I have to sack something, I can bring him in, Icy Wind the opposing Pokemon and go out to someone who can take advantage of the speed drop on the other mon. He can also ruin the plans of scarfed mons on the switch. Shadow Ball and Sludge Wave are powerful STAB moves, while Focus Blast hits mons that cannot be hit hard by my STABS. Icy Wind is for speed control. The EVS are pretty basic, maximizing how hard I hit and how fast I can hit. Life Orb makes him even stronger.

Bugsy Bot (Scizor) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch

Scizor is the other member of the 2 mon core I built this team around. Scizor is my usually my wincon. I'm using the bulky variant so I can get more Swords Dance's up and then sweep without worries. Scizor checks Psychic, Ghost, Dark and Ground types for Gengar. It has a standard bulky set trying to make him as bulky as possible. Swords Dance is for setting up. Roost heals Scizor and allows for more Swords Dance's. Bug Bite and Bullet Punch are for STAB and are boosted by Technician. Leftovers is passive recovery.

Misty's Death Star (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

Next up is Starmie. It acts as my Fire resist for Scizor. It can take neutral hits surprisingly well, while still hitting back very hard. Hydro Pump is STAB. Ice Beam and Thunderbolt are coverage, although Psychic can replace any of these moveslots according to your team's needs. The EVS let it hit as hard and fast as possible. Life Orb boosts its damage output. Starmie is also a great wallbreaker that can take a hit or two. Analytic also boosts its damage output if it is outsped.

Poke Mart of Doom (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This is the glue Pokemon of my team. The one that holds the team together and stop a potential threat in seconds. It is also my bulky pivot and go-to Pokemon when I want to play some switching mind games. Spore is an amazing move that can put a stop to a threat in seconds. Giga Drain is for STAB and recovers damage lost. It also hits Swampert really hard. Clear Smog is to stop Amoonguss from being setup bait after it has used Spore and prevents from being setup on when Taunted. Hidden Power Fire is to hit Steel types. Regenerator is why Amoonguss is so great healing it from danger position to a I can tank 5 more hits when u switch. Black Sludge is to recover lost health. While the EVS and nature helps it be physical tank.

Innocent Cutie (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Wish

Here is my other wall, Clefable. It is notorious for stopping setup sweepers all across the UU Metagame and walling a big portion too. It can also pass ridiculously big Wishes to its teammates and also heal them of status. It is designed to be a physical wall, as there aren't too many special setup sweepers in the UU Metagame. The EVS are pretty standard for a physical wall. Aromatherapy allows it to heal status, while Protect and Wish make for reliable recovery, stalling and scouting capabilities, and the ability to heal teammates. Moonblast is for a attacking move that can possibly stop Pokemon boosting their Special Attack.

Shere Khan (Raikou) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Finally, we have Raikou. Raikou was added as my secondary wincon. Its EVS make it as strong and fast as possible. I also added him because he can take special hits, which is good because my two dedicated walls are physically defensive. Calm Mind allows him to boost up both his attacking prowess and defensive capabilities (i repeat alot of words). Tunderbolt is for a powerful STAB. Hidden Power Ice is for those Ground types and Dragon types. Shadow Ball is just good neutral coverage.

Threatlist

Arcanine with a combo of Crunch and Flare Blitz does threaten a good portion of the team. This is further aggravated if it outspeeds Starmie and kills it.

If Scizor is has been knocked out, stall can prove to be annoying.

This is the end of my RMT. I hope you all enjoyed! Here is the importable. http://pastebin.com/tjjcLdUP

Is really weak to Darmanitan,i suggest Hippowdon > Clefable,Hippo not only can manage Scarf Darmani(which can 2hko all your team with flare blitz and you have no check for it)but can manage Bisharp and Maero,and can setup rocks which your team lacks of and makes a great core with Amoongus.
Raikou Z-Ghostium > Leftovers,once you set one CM you can hit a lot of things with Z-Shadow Ball.
U-Turn > Bug Bite on Scizor this really helps you gain momentum and posible switch ins to Raikou for setting up and hitting and run from threats for Sciz.
In general i think your team is Okay,Amonguss can act as Pivot to Spore and switch for posible setup of Sciz and Raikou.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Whirlwind is for Maero,EVs are to survive one +1 SpAtk HP Ice and it survives to +2 LO Bisharp´s Knock Off.

Thanks for the rate, I never noticed the darmanitan weakness mostly because I don't see a lot of them. I will definitely try it out. Thank you!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)