Resource OU Teambuilding Workshop v4 (CLOSE)

H.M.N.I.P

https://youtu.be/pIr6TjG7Rko
is a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
GodZard-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage

Alright, so I have been using this ingame just because, plus I wanted something different from the normal stuff. I thought it was cool, Zard hitting like a truck with Swords Dance + Flare Blitz/Outrage. Obviously, Dragon Claw is an option, but I just wanted Zard to pack as much power as possible.

I wanted something fast to go alongside it, so I decided going with Weavilve or Scarf Jirachi. Went with Scarf Jirachi in the end.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Heart Stamp
- Healing Wish

Really, I just want GodZard-X to brutally murder everything and have his team take care of any threats and support him. I guess some entry hazard removal would be nice.
I'm taking this one. I might change sets a bit, though

So I see my core has been removed, which is entirely fine, it's been like 6 momths and Clone has been dead for a while. I just think it'd be nice to be notified when your core is removed from being worked on, just so I can know I'm able to make requests when and if the shop does open back up.

false

maybe this is heaven
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Past SPL Champion
KidKirby's core:

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Agility

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 240 HP / 96 SpD / 172 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass
- Roost

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 24 HP / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 184 HP / 72 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Flash Cannon / Hidden Power [Grass]
- Earth Power
- Taunt
Ok, so let me make one thing clear before I begin: Mega Ampharos sucks. In general, it's pretty bad Pokemon with almost no competitive niche in OU. The only way I think you'll ever get anything out of it is with NastyPass support, you might be able to, at least, get a few kills when facing stall this way.

So the first thing I did was change Mega Ampharos from Modest to Timid. Timid is needed to outspeed stuff like Mega Lopunny and Weavile at +2. If you want to have any chance to do anything with Mega Ampharos, you don't want to set up just to die to an Icicle Crash. I decided to pair Mega Ampharos with NastyPass Mew because in the rare chance you can actually pass it a Nasty Plot Mega Ampharos can actually do a little bit of work. Without it, Mega Ampharos is hilariously weak, it doesn't even OHKO Tornadus-T with Thunderbolt, and doesn't have any hope to threaten anything vaguely bulky such as Clefable, Landorus-T, or Heatran. So by this point, I'd already dedicated two slots to the NastyPass strategy, so I might as well go all in. With that in mind next up is Choice Scarf Keldeo, which is in my opinion, the single best NastyPass recipient that exists. Choice Scarf Keldeo hits a really incredible Speed tier, whilst also boasting mixed coverage with Scald and Secret Sword, and a more powerful Water-type STAB in Hydro Pump if you don't manage to pass enough boosts. If you think about how hard Choice Specs Keldeo is to switch into, imagine it it could hold 2 Choice Specs, and then also a Choice Scarf, because that's basically what this is. Its an excellent midgame breaker or lategame cleaner, doubling to function as the team's main Dark resist. After Keldeo, I needed a general Water and Electric resist, something that could check the likes of Manaphy, opposing Keldeo, Nasty Plot Thundurus etc etc. and I ended up deciding to go with Latios. Latios is obviously a fantastic check to all of the aforementioned threats, whilst also being another amazing NastyPass recipient, firing off +2 Psychics, or threatening with a +2 Draco Meteor, and then another neutral one. Latios checks all the stuff I need it to, and also removes hazards, so it fits perfectly in this slot. After that I needed a Sand check, bird check, Ground-resist, Stealth Rocker, so I turned the face of ORAS OU, and asked if he'd be so kind as to join my team. Everybody knows what Landorus-T does, it just blanket checks all the physical stuff, sets Rocks, and grabs momentum with U-turn. Lastly I was in need of an answer to Grasses such as Serperior and Mega Venusaur, as well as a general Psychic, Fairy, Dragon check. Heatran seemed to fit nicely on the team as a resist to all three, whilst also, yet again, being a good NastyPass recipient. I already had a Stealth Rocker, so Heatran had a freed up moveslot in which I decided to run either Flash Cannon or Hidden Power [Grass]. Flash Cannon hits Fairies such as Mega Gardevoir, Mega Diancie, and Clefable which can be somewhat annoying for this team. Flash Cannon is particularly useful for Thunder Wave + Calm Mind Clefable which can otherwise be a bit of a threat to this team. HP Grass hits Rotom-W and Quagsire, and gives you an incredible matchup when facing many bulkier teams.

This replay showcases the team decimating stall nice and quickly, one of the few things that Mega Ampharos can actually do, with other general replays here and here. I hope you like it!

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So I see my core has been removed, which is entirely fine, it's been like 6 momths and Clone has been dead for a while. I just think it'd be nice to be notified when your core is removed from being worked on, just so I can know I'm able to make requests when and if the shop does open back up.
Hey yeah my b, ill do it next time for sure, thanks for the advice. If iirc your core was based around Mega medi which we have plenty of those builds.

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Gallade-Mega @ Galladite
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance

Bisharp (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Crawdaunt (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 120 HP / 136 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 168 HP / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Hey Leooo_33 i just look in teambuilding and found this fun team for you, is around mega gallade + bisharp, an old but effective core. Lum on bish so you can beat slowbro even if it burn you, i follow it up with another physical dark type, so you can pressure Tank chomp and helmet lando/tang for gallade late game. Next is my rocker and fairy switch, and to finish this straightforward team is tornadus-t and lando-t, tornadus is my pivot for keldeo that's why the evs, and lando is my revenge killer and a 1 time switch for lopu/metagross, as it is offense you gotta play super smart, gaining offensive momentum with torn and lando. Hope you enjoy !

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion

Gallade-Mega @ Galladite
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance

Bisharp (F) @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Crawdaunt (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 120 HP / 136 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt

EVs: 168 HP / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Hey Leooo_33 i just look in teambuilding and found this fun team for you, is around mega gallade + bisharp, an old but effective core. Lum on bish so you can beat slowbro even if it burn you, i follow it up with another physical dark type, so you can pressure Tank chomp and helmet lando/tang for gallade late game. Next is my rocker and fairy switch, and to finish this straightforward team is tornadus-t and lando-t, tornadus is my pivot for keldeo that's why the evs, and lando is my revenge killer and a 1 time switch for lopu/metagross, as it is offense you gotta play super smart, gaining offensive momentum with torn and lando. Hope you enjoy !

Oh, thanks for the team! Looks like it's really fun and after using it a couple of times it seems to be still effective (or kinda I'm 1500's) so I'll be using it for a while :D

Cheryl.
let me just open this post by saying gourgeist is absolute garbage and the first team would function 10x better with a serperior over it. this took me a while to build as i tried various versions. i ended up building two variations of this team, both which were able to get me to a decent 1800 elo.

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Charizard @ Charizardite X
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Defog
- Recover

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Healing Wish
- U-turn

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab
- Thunder Punch
this team uses gourgeist (super edition) which uses leech seed to wear down the opponent's team to a point where charizard x can sweep. while earthquake charizard x seems like a better choice on this team since it kills gourgeist's number 1 counter, i came to a point where i realized most heatrans switch out of charizard. i missed roost more times than earthquake in my testing. landorus is an excellent partner for charizard synergy wise and it has hidden power ice for opposing landorus. getting up rocks is vital for gourgeist to beat talonflame 1v1 in the long run. jirachi is my only latios switch in so playing conservatively with it is important. it also provides a clefable check. conkeldurr is my primary breaker luring in clefable for gourgeist and breaking teams without sableye. latios is self explanatory so there isn't much to explain. this team would be 10x better with a taunt serperior since it improves this team's matchup against stall drastically.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Protect

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 SpD
Impish Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stone Edge

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Iron Tail
- Aerial Ace
- Ice Fang

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 112 SpD / 148 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish
this team uses the god, vincune. magnezone traps steels while gourgeist functions as a way to deal with keldeo which will defeat vincune with ease. gourgeist also spreads burns and seeds which help suicune in the long run. scarf garchomp used to be a subcoil zygarde but this team lacks speed. aerodactyl is your primary weapon against heavy offense and does around 70% to unaware clefable and altaria, the biggest threats to this team. jirachi provides rocks and gives suicune a second oppurtunity to sweep. this team got me higher on the ladder than the other team but i put this one below since it is almost completely reliant on vincune to win.
i only have one replay saved (1800 match): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-439616599

Modern meta is all about Dark types: Bisharp, Crawdaunt, Tyranitar, Weavile, etc. Cobalion takes advantage of this with his great defensive typing, good defenses, and reasonable speed. Looking for a team that can take advantage of these things, though no real qualms about play style or moveset. Thanks!

Crave (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Razor Sharp (Tyranitar) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Atk / 64 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Frame of Mind (Alakazam-Mega) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind

Before We Fade (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
EVs: 24 HP / 224 SpA / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Till It's Over (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
Happiness: 0
EVs: 240 HP / 152 Def / 92 SpD / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spore

Far Away (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
Used this in wcop semis vs k12themadchine

Chose this cobalion set because its a lot better than physical in the current state of the meta imo, and it takes advantage of the rise of dark types/MZor, and also defensive grasses like amoonguss and tangrowth. Cobalion's typing and bulk give it some unique advantages over keldeo, most notably allowing it to abuse defensive grasses as set-up fodder, also beating rotom 1v1 usually (focus miss *_*), being able to threaten fairies like gardevoir, diancie, and even clefable, and also sporting a really good defensive stat to go alongside CM boosting.

My team is designed to support cobalion in a few ways. Tyranitar is essential with cobalion imo, as trapping lati's and fat psychics is very helpful for cobalion, and it also pressures zards and talonflame. Rotom-W's defensive utility meshes very well with the two, and its ability to pressure in and volt switch out lati's so they can be trapped early is great. You can also lure in defensive grasses for coba to set-up on, or burn them and then volt to guss if it isn't the right time yet (this also helps with eq tang and such). Amoonguss's defensive typing is stellar with the team as it provides a reliable defensive answer to a lot of fairies (like clefable, azu, diancie, and even tanking psyshock from mgard to spore it, since cobalion needs a little chip + a cm to ko it). This gives cobalion a lot of breathing room and spore also offers set-up opportunities. Scarf Lando provides a necessary element of speed, a secondary ground immune, and in general is great with intimidate, u-turn, and a strong offensive presence. CM Megazam offers a faster and stronger sweeper/cleaner to pair with cobalion, and also gives the team another outlet to combat opposing spikes with magic guard.

What I really enjoy about this team is that I wouldn't replace cobalion with another member because I think cobalion is one of the best fits with the other 5. The closest thing I would consider is heatran, but cobalion offers speed and sweping potential, and its typing gels better with the team to take on threats like kyurem or weavile. This is very important to me as cobalion is a very niche mon, so I like that this team makes the most of what it uniquely offers.

to all the others i've taken requests from (Gammafire komet3 Raging Swampert and also blueman164 [if you want, the team bro fist used vs xray in wcop finals tiebreaker has an offensive mega zor, my attempts with zor weren't so great as I really missed roost even though i wanted all 3 attacks] , sorry for taking such a long time with them. I have worked on all of them but just didn't get results I wanted and haven't had time / motivation to continue working on the teams, although I do hope to complete them soon. If any other builder wants to take one of my cores and post it, feel free to do so.

H.M.N.I.P

https://youtu.be/pIr6TjG7Rko
is a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Holy157's request:
+

(song starts at 0;33)

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Heart Stamp
- Healing Wish

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Defog

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast

EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Description: Ok, first of all, pardon me for all the time I took for building this team. First of all, school started again here, so I don't have much time to join, it also recently started my football championship, so I'm pretty much busy in the evenings. Now, I'm starting with the purpose of this post. This team was a bit strange to build, in fact it took me just one afternoon to find all the correct members, and I've made just a few testings before I found the nice combination. Mega Charizard-X was the first member of the core: its set was a bit weird as Dragon Dance is one of the most broken boosting move for Physical Attackers, also, Zard has Tough Claws as ability, so at +1 it's already difficult to stop you from sweeping the opponent's team! (Also, if you want the absolute power, you should have changed Swords Dance with Belly Drum smd) Jirachi was a really cool fit with Zard, as it has speed control, it's a good Fairy lure, and, better than the others, it has the access to Healing Wish, which can give a second life to Zard if it's crippled. In this kind of teams, momentum is hugely important: Landorus can easily give it to this team. Its set is pretty self-explanatory, it has rocks, and the access to U-Turn, so that it can form a nice core with Jirachi. It is also a cool checks to threats like other ZardX or annoying physical attackers. A spinner/defogger is vital when you rely on mons that are x2 weak to it; Latios, then, was really cool: it provides Defog support, and it's a check to threats like Keldeo, Volcanion or ZardY. Latias might have been a cool option too since it might have been a second HW option. Having HW in Latias might have caused the use of a fourth move on Jirachi, or Trick: I really like in particular this one, in fact, it can give you a better match up against stall as it can cripple Zard checks like Quagsire, Seismitoad or Suicune. Team was now struggling against Dark-type spam: in particular Weavile, Mega Gyarados and Bisharp could have potentially 6-0'd this build. Keldeo, in order to check them, was now a forced fit. I've decided to go with the Specs set, but if you don't feel really comfortable with it, you can always choose the Rest-SleepTalk over it. At this point I thought that team looked too good to not be destroyed by something on this ladder. Didn't even have to think more than 10 seconds. I know what you're thinking: birdspam. Yeah, birdspam. It's just so sad that you have to force fits on a team just to counterplay a boring style. I've decided to go with Thundurus, as I really liked how he could have helped the squad with the priority Thunder Wave, in particular Zard X can benefit a lot from it as 319 isn't that high in this meta. Rotom was also a valuable choice but since the team was looking cool in this was I thought that fast momentum would have been better than slower one (in this case you have to run Volt Switch over Thunderbolt). Hidden Power Flying is also cool, compared to Keldeo's ability of luring annoying Ground types, since you can hit Mega Heracross, which has recently climbed the usage ladder, with a 4x effective move.

That's all for this post, good luck with this team.
:toast:

Last edited:

Nedor

thiccc
hey. making this post to say that i'm leaving this shop cause i really haven't been active in any way with me trying to focus on other stuff mon / irl wise. i've had a ton of fun making teams for all of you guys, & i genuinely hope that i left you guys with something, whether that is a more open mindset about teambuilding, more knowledge in a particular area you were struggling in, whatever it may be. working with all my fellow builders has been an absolute blast & i commend all of you for keeping this thread alive for so long now. huge shoutouts to all the owners of the past and current iterations of this project, my experiences with all of you have been sick.

to leave you guys with a few pieces of advice that i've learned throughout my time here cause this has definitely improved me with time; don't over-complicate what you know, focus on the fundamentals of the game, don't try to think about multiple things at once when building (this may vary depending on the skill level of the person), & if something isn't working for you, try something else. pce & much love ya'll

- nedor

false

maybe this is heaven
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Past SPL Champion
Zimzy's core:
Darmanitan @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 16 HP / 12 Atk / 228 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Defog
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

EVs: 72 HP / 204 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
If Sheer Force negated Flare Blitz recoil, Darmanitan wouldn't completely suck. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way, and Darmanitan completely sucks. This is something I came up with a little while back, but I forgot to post until now.

So the first thing I did with Darmanitan was change Stone Edge to Toxic because Stone Edge literally doesn't hit anything that you don't already obliterate with Flare Blitz, and Toxic can be nice to catch and wear down fat Water-types such as Slowbro and Suicune or Ground-types such as Landorus-T and Garchomp that will usually pivot into Darmanitan to take Flare Blitz. As far as partners are concerned, Mega Diancie seemed like a smart idea on many fronts, not only keeping Stealth Rock away, but also checking Pokemon such as Talonflame and Mega Charizard X, whilst in return, Darmanitan blows up defensive Steel-types such as Skarmory, Mega Scizor, and Ferrothorn whilst also just generally weakening just about everything just by clicking Banded Flare Blitz. I realised having Volt-Turn was probably going to be a smart idea when you consider that Darmanitan's bulk is next to non-existent and as such struggles to find switchin opportunities against pretty much anything. Tornadus-T seemed like a good pick as it checked some annoying Pokemon such as Serperior, Starmie, Latios, Keldeo, and Mega Venusaur whilst also providing momentum, and generally synergising well with Mega Diancie. Next I added Latios because I needed a proper Keldeo and Manaphy switchin, as well as something to check Electric-types such as Thundurus. I chose Surf as the secondary attack to lure Heatran, a Pokemon that can be problematic for all three of the aforementioned team members. Next I needed a Fairy resist, a check to the likes of Azumarill, Mega Diancie, and Mega Gardevoir. I opted to go with Ferrothorn, since that gave me a check to the aforementioned Pokemon, but also a reliable Stealth Rock user, and a backup Water resist to check the likes of Manaphy and Suicune. Lastly, Choice Scarf Landorus-T provided a reliable Ground immunity, a Choice Scarf user, and another means to grab momentum for my Darmanitan. I have Explosion over Knock Off because some bulkier Pokemon such as Clefable can be somewhat hard to pressure outside of Darmanitan, so having a way to pick them off can be very useful.

I didn't really take the time to ladder to get replays, so I only have these two. Hopefully you can get this to work :o Enjoy!

Zimzy's core:
Darmanitan @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 16 HP / 12 Atk / 228 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Defog
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

EVs: 72 HP / 204 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
If Sheer Force negated Flare Blitz recoil, Darmanitan wouldn't completely suck. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way, and Darmanitan completely sucks. This is something I came up with a little while back, but I forgot to post until now.

So the first thing I did with Darmanitan was change Stone Edge to Toxic because Stone Edge literally doesn't hit anything that you don't already obliterate with Flare Blitz, and Toxic can be nice to catch and wear down fat Water-types such as Slowbro and Suicune or Ground-types such as Landorus-T and Garchomp that will usually pivot into Darmanitan to take Flare Blitz. As far as partners are concerned, Mega Diancie seemed like a smart idea on many fronts, not only keeping Stealth Rock away, but also checking Pokemon such as Talonflame and Mega Charizard X, whilst in return, Darmanitan blows up defensive Steel-types such as Skarmory, Mega Scizor, and Ferrothorn whilst also just generally weakening just about everything just by clicking Banded Flare Blitz. I realised having Volt-Turn was probably going to be a smart idea when you consider that Darmanitan's bulk is next to non-existent and as such struggles to find switchin opportunities against pretty much anything. Tornadus-T seemed like a good pick as it checked some annoying Pokemon such as Serperior, Starmie, Latios, Keldeo, and Mega Venusaur whilst also providing momentum, and generally synergising well with Mega Diancie. Next I added Latios because I needed a proper Keldeo and Manaphy switchin, as well as something to check Electric-types such as Thundurus. I chose Surf as the secondary attack to lure Heatran, a Pokemon that can be problematic for all three of the aforementioned team members. Next I needed a Fairy resist, a check to the likes of Azumarill, Mega Diancie, and Mega Gardevoir. I opted to go with Ferrothorn, since that gave me a check to the aforementioned Pokemon, but also a reliable Stealth Rock user, and a backup Water resist to check the likes of Manaphy and Suicune. Lastly, Choice Scarf Landorus-T provided a reliable Ground immunity, a Choice Scarf user, and another means to grab momentum for my Darmanitan. I have Explosion over Knock Off because some bulkier Pokemon such as Clefable can be somewhat hard to pressure outside of Darmanitan, so having a way to pick them off can be very useful.

I didn't really take the time to ladder to get replays, so I only have these two. Hopefully you can get this to work :o Enjoy!
good to see i got beat by this team in one of the replays lmao (the first replay). thanks for the team and keep up the good work

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Latias @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Reflect Type

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

garchomp + reuniclus - I wanted to make it easier for reuniclus to clean up, so the first addition to the team was skarmory. Not only does the core benefit from skarmory's resistance to dark + dragon, spikes can wittle down the hp of opposing pkmn. heatran was added for key resistances plus it can aid the core against threats like rotom-w while giving defensive teams fits with its stallbreaking prowess. M-Latias adds to the miraid of resistances since this team was heading towards bulky offense. It's important to keep Latias healthy especially when your opponent has a fast electric type. From here it was apparant that garchomps set had to be changed to the defensive variant to bolster the defense against scizor, bisharp and etc. Alternatively you could keep garchomp's offensive moveset and just change heatrans to the 248 hp / 252 spe split. azumarill was added last for some extra power + defense against keldeo. OverlordDerp

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Keldeo-Resolute @ Rocky Helmet
Timid Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

latias + serperior + m-charizard - changed to mpinsir because it seemed like a much better fit when paired with serperior and latias, although you could possible swap both and still have a decent team. serperior eliminates major threats to latias and mpinsir, like hippowdon, rotom-w, and azumarill, to name a few. Things like skarmory, ferrothorn, and jirachi may still be a problem for this hard-hitting core so I added both heatran and magnezone into the mix. Both solidify resistances to ice, electric, fairy, and dragon. Lastly rest/talk keldeo was thrown in solely to defend against weavile/bisharp since both can be problematic. The team goal is pretty straightforward, trap and/or eliminate steels, ground, electric, water types with magnezone and serperior, then clean with pinsir. EchoesTV

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Stealth Rock

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Toxic

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 244 HP / 216 Def / 48 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]

m-loppuny + thundurus - jirachi was the first addition since it provided kety rock, psychic, ice, fairy, resist. jirachi also adds stealth rock, it's a decent spdef option and it can also restore thundurus or lopunny's hp with healing wish. Next up was latios since it's a great nuke that can serve as a dark type lure for lopunny to double into and ko. latio's mainly serves as a fighting check (mostly keldeo). heatran here bolsters the teams fire, fairy, ice, and flying resistances. it also serves as a check to bisharp/scizor as well as a stallbreaker. tangrowth was added last to protect against azumarill since it's a problem for the team. tangrowth is a great great defensive utility option.
TrueExcaKill

the explanations are pretty brief because these are second drafts that went through rudimentary testing to get to this point, like the op stresses you can alter the teams to fit your liking or to improve them. more coming soon.

some more, excuse the double post

Excadrill @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 36 HP / 32 Atk / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Rash Nature
- Rock Polish
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 72 SpD / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Sludge Bomb

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

bulky volcarona - I new I wanted someway to deter hazards to make it easier to play with volcarona, its effectiveness against steel types made it easy to partner it with diancie; since magic bounce makes opps think twice and volcarona is a counter for diancies biggest threats. next up was excadrill, I needed stealth rocks + a hazard remover + I wanted a hazard setter with longevity so the spdef route was the only way to go. here i felt we were water weak but at the same time lacking in immediate power so i went with cb dragonite. hits hard early game after volcarona forces out steel/grass mons. still needed water/fight resistances so amoonguss was next, its a counter for keldeo/azumarill which was definitely needed. rotom-w rounds out key resistances to flying/water/ground/ice, plus its a great utility mon. I opted for t-wave instead of will o wisp because the team is pretty slow plus twave is the best move in the game. hey yal

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Tyrantrum @ Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Head Smash
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Virizion @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Recover

tyrantrum - first thing i did was pair it with mega scizor to make things like diancie, azumarill, weavile, and bisharp easier to deal with. scizor can also sub as the cleaner if you want to break things early with tyrantrum. the next mon added was heatran for hazard support and resistances to ice/fire/dragon/fairy. its also good for dealing with opposing steels so scizor can be reserved more for fairies/kyurem. latias was added next for water resistance but its mainly there to check keldeo and other fighting types. virizion was next. i wanted an emergency water check plus i didn't want breloom to just come in on tyrantrum scizor or skarmory and just spore and sweep. virizion also helped with the bulky water weakness. skarmory is here to help check weavile and also to spread spikes to help tyrantrum clean outside of its general defensive usefulness. HailFall

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 244 HP / 216 Def / 48 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Psyshock

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Will-O-Wisp

Clefable @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunderbolt

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

lo clefable - another balanced team. tried to build this team in basic fashion to cover up the clefable moveset. the first thing I added was jirachi because it provided hazard support and resistance to steel, a clefable weakness. next up was spdef talonflame, bulk up + will-o-wisp seems like a great option since i can force out things like scizor, use bulk up, then cripple checks like landorus-t for example. starmie removes hazards and also checks keldeo among other waters. tangrowth is another water check + utility mon. lopunny was added last, here I wanted a speedy end game option so power up punch was a no-brainer. I chose ice beam > thunderbolt or focus blast since landorus-t might be a bit of a problem. Amane Misa

Last edited:

DennisEG

Civil Engineer

Hey Roscoe's Wetsuit i start building with this mon and tbh i was lost in the process because I always end up with some random cofag + standar team, so first i define the playstyle and found that a bulky balance was the best, the idea of this squad is stack hazards and setup a TR to break squads with Venu and Cofag. So the hazard core is Clef + Skarm with Spin support on Starmie, Starmie is a reflect type variant to kinda handle bish, also Clef is CM as well, because you know what they said, if there's a clef there's a way to win. Next is Heatran with EP and Taunt to handle taunt talon and stall as well. THe team is passive but tbh i couldnt found a better way to fit cofag so hope you enjoy !
Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Nasty Plot

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Careful Nature
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Iron Head
- Spikes

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 4 Def / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Reflect Type
- Recover

Venusaur-Mega (M) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 240 HP / 244 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Hello Yoshiblaze i really didnt have too much room for fun here, as this mon is already passive, however i feel the team is kinda BO/balance, first addition is LO Torn, as Sable struggle to cause massive damage without a ton of boost so an immediate power to break squads and stall early game is needed, next the defensive core in form on Latios + Ferro + Lando, this mons provide answer to most of the common threats, and support the squad thanks to uturn and defog. Last but no least is Scarf Keldeo just to revenge all the fast megas out there like mega man for example which could be annoying. Enjoy !
Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Calm Mind
- Dark Pulse
- Recover

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Taunt
- Superpower
- Heat Wave

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Surf
- Defog

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip
- Iron Head

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald

Hello BuzzkillAmpharos i made this squad pure HO, that mean you have to play super agressively and make some predictions. Scolipede is really good but as u said underrated, i choose SD over anything else because people tend to switch in its steels or lando against it so you can take this turn to sd up, protect is also good, so is BP to speed pass bisharp or garde so its up to you. Garde was my mega of choice just because force talon and steels out, so you can weaken them for scoli. Next is Lando provide rocks and momentum, great mon in general. The other breakers in the squad are SD Bish and HP Fire Starmie, as bait scizor, and bish for its strong priority and the ability of weaken bulky grounds. And last the revenge killer is Terrakion, terrakion check zards and bish which the team is kinda weak to it. ENjoy !
Scolipede @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Aqua Tail
- Poison Jab
- Swords Dance

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 8 SpD / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide

Hello Adamant Rotom-W i drop gunk and add mach as for me was more needed than gunk, fire STAB does a lot to fairies either way and have another members on the team that deal with them. My idea behind this squad was pair Ape with twave support as its speed isnt that great. Twave rotomw helps with birds and zard x which is a huge threat for the team, next is clef to deal with Lati@s and another twave support. Scarf exca is a great revenge killer that appreciated Ape removing landot with hp ice so it can sweep with eq late game, Venu + Latias are the glue of this team, venu to deal with Azu and rotom isnt that pressure and checks birds better, and latias a HW support in case somebody on the team needs a second chance to shine. Colbur so the team doesnt autolose to CBtar + zard Y. enjoy !
Infernape @ Life Orb
EVs: 100 Atk / 156 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast
- Mach Punch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Excadrill (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Venusaur-Mega (M) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Latias @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Psychic
- Healing Wish

Heya! First of all, I gotta say good job to all the teambuilders. All teams produced here are really fun to use, and I wish you to keep up the good work.

Now onto my request. I would like something featuring Gliscor and Ferrothorn. This is one of my favorite defensive cores while I'm building a team, and I often find myself relying a lot on them to deal with the multiple offensive threats of the metagame. As such, I hope you will manage to create an interesting team with them.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off / Toxic
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave / Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

The premise of this core is quite simple: to tank hits and to wear down and/or cripple the competition in order to let a wallbreaker or sweeper attack more easily. The two synergize quite well, with Ferrothorn breaking down opposing Water-types for Gliscor and punishing physical attackers, especially the ones that carry Ice Punch, while Gliscor helps out against opponents carrying Fighting-type coverage and Fire-types, like Heatran.

A Keldeo check would be highly recommended, since it can otherwise demolish this core. Feel free to change the spreads and movesets as needed.
I'll take this, since I have a build that's already completed with these two in mind. I might change Ferrothorn's item, though.

EDIT: ImMrFlubaDub I am still working on the Dragalge team. I got a bit distracted because of irl and school, but I'll put out a build soon enough.

Last edited:
Core:
+
by Darklatias92

Blame Googly for this one, I just asked him for a cringe-worthy song and he gave me that

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 200 SpD / 64 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Facade / Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 140 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 Spe
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Roar

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Recover
- Defog

Hey man, I just remembered that I had made a team with that core lying around in my builder and decided that it would work well for the core in mind here. The initial core of Gliscor + Ferrothorn struggles a lot with Bug Bite Mega Scizor and SD Bisharp, so I opted for Will-O-Wisp Charizard X to complement the two. Earthquake gives the team another way of taking out Heatran, which despite the numerous answers is still fairly annoying if they get all of the Toxic / Taunt plays correct vs Suicune. Ferrothorn initially ran Gyro Ball + Leftovers, but Mega Lopunny proved to be annoying enough to where Chople Berry became a viable option. I also opted for Facade on Gliscor to deal more to Breloom, Serperior and Landorus after a boost, which were surprisingly annoying during testing. Feel free to change Ferrothorn back to Gyro if you find Suicune + Gliscor to be enough to handle Mega Lopunny. Team is rolled by HP Fire + Surf Latios + Thundurus and is generally too slow to handle any sort of threat (hint: Serperior), so Choice Scarf Tyranitar is a good fit in the next slot. It doubles as a viable Talonflame check, too, which is nice when the specially defensive set can literally just Taunt or Wisp unboosted Suicune. Finally, the team needed a proper Secret Sword and general Keldeo switch-in, as well as hazard removal, so Latios was the most logical option. Also provides a bit of speed control and means of OHKO'ing Mega Medicham, Nidoking, and other fantastically annoying breakers.

The team still struggles a decent bit vs Serperior and Weavile, since Charizard can be 3HKO'd with a flinch or Stealth Rock and Ferrothorn lacks Leftovers. Avoid giving Serperior free set up / Substitute or try to waste Leaf Storms as best you can to weaken its chances of sweeping. Alternatively, if you're willing to sacrifice Suicune's physical bulk a bit here Vincune is a viable option that allows you to feasibly PP stall Serperior's Leaf Storms if you can force them to come in on you. It also provides a slightly stronger matchup vs stall, since you're able to PP stall the majority of their members with Pressure. A faster spread on Charizard to outspeed Mega Medicham and Heracross (if Jolly pre-Mega) is also viable.

Good luck! And sorry for double post guys

Hi guys,
First of all, please forgive my English, I'm a french native speaker...

I'm actually trying to build a M-Gardevoir balanced team And I've got some issues with its defensive core...

Gardevoir (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 0 Spe
- Transform

Here are the three pokemons I'm proud of, forming a good(in my opinion) offensive core. A strong wallbreaker - which is Gardevoir - paired with 2 interesting trappers. Indeed, I enjoy using ditto against tail grow manaphys, heatrans, who make him a strong and unexpected offensive threat for the opponent.
But, as I said, I'm still a beginner, and I still didn't find yet an effective combination of defensive pokemons which fits in this team.
However, defensive amoonguss looks like a good mon here, as the team need a pivot and appreciate its spore. but it still depends on you to use it or not.

Thanks for the help, and enjoy!
Venimous

Core: by garbos

/
Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 68 SpD / 172 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Superpower

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Hey garbos, this was a fun team to build. Mega Sceptile is a fun 'mon for pressuring common offense teams that rely on Mega Manectric and Mega Lopunny as their main speed control. One of its biggest issues, though, that it's easily pressured out by Weavile's Ice Shard and by Amoonguss, which walls it to kingdom come and will stay healthy forever throughout the game. Belly Drum Azumarill mitigates both of those issues by being able to beat Weavile and OHKO Amoonguss with a +6 Knock Off. It also provides the team with an actual switch in to Heatran, since you can't afford to be hard switching Mega Sceptile as often. The two 'mons are still relatively weak to Mega Lopunny and opposing balances with a heavy breaker like Kyurem-Black, so a fast stallbreaker Mew is a good fit here that also takes advantage of Sceptile's ability to lure Heatran. It's also very fast, which lets it check non Lum Berry Bisharp with Will-O-Wisp and Mega Heracross that have already Mega'd. 279 Speed outspeeds Adamant Excadrill outside of Sand and Timid Heatran, so that you can Wisp, Knock Off, or Taunt respectively. A Heatran of our own provides Stealth Rock, a primary Charizard X check, a Latios check, and a Calm Mind Clefable check alongside Mew. Taunt and Toxic are standard, but are essential for putting pressure on both Charizard formes. It also takes on non-Taunt Talonflame, which are otherwise a massive nuisance for Sceptile and Mew. Rotom-Wash is a necessary pivot for the team, providing a secondary bird check while also tanking hits from most Mega Metagross and spreading Will-O-Wisp. It also reliably takes on Sand Rush Excadrill, which otherwise has its way with the team bar Azumarill's Aqua Jet.

The last slot really is about which 'mon you're more inclined to lose to. Mega Charizard Y is a huge threat that otherwise bodies the team without Latios, but SubSeed Serperior is going to roll right through if you don't have Tornadus-T. I preferred running Tornadus in testing, but you can use Latios if you prefer. Either are essential for taking on Keldeo and Breloom, though, which have some fun otherwise. You can also try using physically defensive Mew if you want to handle Lopunny a bit better, but specially defensive is far more reliable at checking Kyurem-Black which kind of bodies most of the squad. Replay here against dukevesper who consistently ranges in the 1900s on ladder. Have fun man [:

I really love this team and i don't know how to thank you because you're the first one that really helped me. Sorry if i reply only now but i had abandoned competitive battling due to my incapacity to build a solid team. So thank you also for making me love this game again!!

Core:

Team Preview:

Importable:
Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Knock Off
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Lopunny-Mega (F) @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 20 SpD / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Description:

Hey, VKadenius! I'd like to start by saying that this is basically just TDK's Hoopa RMT with Nidoqueen over Hoopa and a few other minor changes, but that was neither the hope for the build from the beginning nor what I wanted it to end up as. I built this awhile ago so I apologize for not remembering the building process, but it probably went something like 'OK, so Rotom-W is practically mandatory on Lop BOs, which is what this will inevitably be—a bulky offense—so let's add that. Team gets owned by Specs Keldeo, which Pumps for free on Nido, so Latios fits well. Needed a Zard-X check, Lop/Weav switchin, etc., so lasts are Heatran and CM Clef.' I can go ahead and explain the not-so-standard move choices—Knock Clef will commonly catch Mold Breaker Drill which will otherwise terrorize the team to no end (can do that as well without its Scarf), Surf/HP Fire Latios helps break down Steels for Clef, and T-Wave Rotom can catch Zard-X which can otherwise really run rampant given that my only real check is Heatran.

Core:

Team Preview:

Importable:
Gyarados-Mega (F) @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Bisharp (F) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Focus Blast

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost
- Defog

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 20 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Description:

Also built this one awhile ago, sorry! Anyway, hey, UnawareUser! Got your darkspam team here. Took me a few teams to get to this product and I think it works pretty effectively (pretty typical of most Lati-Lando-Keld-Steel-Filler-Filler builds). Lati felt obligatory here, as it covers Keld (biggest threat to the core by far) while defogging for M-Gyara. In general, it's pretty tough to beat Latios' role compression. Scarf Jirachi provides an actually decent Draco switchin that can provide speed control and momentum. Also provides a crucial fairy resist, which allows it to check Garde, Clef, etc. (while Bish already checks Clef, it doesn't love switching into TWaves and whatnot, as they mitigate the chances of late game sweeps). Keld and Lando round out the team by checking darks and blanket checking things like sand offense, Lopunny (Ice Beam/Punch variants be damned), etc etc respectively. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)