OU Teambuilding Workshop [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's possible (since I already requested a team here), I'd like to request a team based around AgiliDos :

Zapdos @ Electrium Z
Ability: Static
EVs: 148 HP / 252 SpA / 108 Spe(can be tweaked I suppose)
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave

(set taken straight out of the Creative/Underrated sets thread, credits go to Treble Clefable for posting it there)

I've played Zapdos countless times in ORAS as a defogger, but I'm actually curious about its offensive capabilities. Imo this set has some god cleaning or even breaking power, so I wonder what good it could be.
Also, as an additional wish, I'd like for the team to include Tapu Lele, but please consider that a minor factor when building.
Also I suppose I don't have to specify which ladder I want the team to be built for now.

They already did 2 teams with that just in case you haven't seen them yet

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sm-ou-teambuilding-workshop-open.3600036/page-3#post-7303254

false

maybe this is heaven
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Past SPL Champion
-------------
mega absol + sd talonflame offense

requested by: paper dreams
-------------
i honestly really struggled making this into a competitively viable team without being painfully generic. webs was the first thing that came into my mind, but webs have been done literally a million times already so i decided to try taking it in a different direction. you said you were ok if it was a bit experimental so i hope this is ok (*•̀ᴗ•́*)و ̑̑

mega absol definitely isn't the most viable pokemon in ou, but it boasts the ability to deter stealth rocks, while also being able to then threaten those stealth rockers with its coverage moves. keeping stealth rock off of the field is obviously a key component of enabling talonflame to perform effectively, so you have to play pretty aggressively with mega absol, don't be afraid to hard switch it into things like ferrothorn or landorus. talonflame is good in some matchups and completely useless in others. just hope and pray for the bulky grass + fini + sd landorus type backbones since those are usually the ones that talonflame has the best time facing. the slight ev change is because talon doesn't really need to run maximum speed since no other team is running talonflame, and 8 hp evs actually help with rolls from zygarde's extremespeed and choice scarf tapu lele's psychock so that seemed worthwhile to me. choice band zygarde wears down common defensive pokemon such as landorus-t, the only real pokemon that it struggles with are bulky grasses such as tangrowth, which talonflame can use as setup fodder. the priority is also really useful combined with talonflame's supersonic skystrike and mega absol's sucker punch you'll rarely be outright swept by any one setup sweeper no matter how safely it sets up, which means you can afford to play a bit more recklessly. tapu fini provides defog support as well as a switchin to ash-greninja, which unfortunately will force talonflame out every time. scarf heatran provides a resists to grass, psychic, and ice while also being a means of speed control. in the tests i did with this team i consistently found heatran one of the most useful members of the team, whether it was pivoting into tapu bulu, mega medicham ice punch/fake out, or luring ground types like garchomp and weakening them for talonflame and zygarde. lastly, yache landorus-t provides stealth rock, and a check to threats such as medicham, swords dance landorus, and tapu koko. a jolly nature is necessary in order to best combat the aforementioned threats while also allowing it to act as an independent offensive presence.

Last edited:

Nedor

thiccc
yoyo, i was planning on putting these out earlier but all the squads made on my phone disappeared into the pool, so i had to remake / edit some stuff. better late than never; here are the teams n_n

requested by: matthewc20090
core:

import: https://puu.sh/vtSr0/8ab8fe530a.txt

yo, i haven't played around with m-sharpedo too much in sm aside from anti's week 1 spl team so i thought it would be a fun choice. its certainly hella fun to use as a pokemon but it requires a few things; bulky waters / grasses (tangrowth, rotom-w, ferrothorn) weakened and teams weakened in general since it does not have fantastic bulk to take multiple hits to fire back. concluded on crunch / psychic fangs / poison jab as my coverage to be capable of breaking toxapex / keld among other fightings along with unaware clefable / other fairies like tapu fini which supports other sweepers on the build. i prefer adamant over jolly on this team because the scarfers that do revenge kill me, i can set up on with celesteela / exploit with spikes or a free attack. started off with sd dragonium rocks garchomp which is my favourite set for it currently due to its ability to lure in defensive staples in the tier and offensively keep up momentum with sr. it also weakens / ohkos pdef landorus-t which is appreciated due to the lack of waterfall on my set. the great speed tier it possesses allows me to rkill mons like zard-y, m-medi, tapu lele, and zygarde is a big one as well. following the goal of wearing down checks, i went with knock + spikes ferrothorn for a few reasons. firstly, it provides a check to m-meta, ash greninja, tapu koko, etc., which are tough to manage on offensively based teams. second, with knock off, its capable of removing opposing ferrothorn, celesteela, and tangrowth's lefties / rocky helmet which helps the process of wearing shit down. ferrothorn is too good to pass up in sm due to how much it can provide to any team. ideally in the next slot, i wanted something that can benefit from the current team support as a sweeper seeing as m-sharpedo won't always be the optimal win condition in a matchup. i thought autotomize celesteela fit quite well as an extra ground resist / secondary steel for dragons, steels, and fairies. as i already had the zmove in garchomp, i made celes sitrus berry as it stays out of range of a plethora of scarfers / priority / attacks in general which allows it to get out of hand quickly, especially with beast boost. next came 3 atk taunt tapu lele, pretty much here to set terrain to block priority users, pressure / weaken ferrothorn, scizor and the like, and most importantly provide something to cripple stall / fat teams further. if you're finding stall too much of an annoyance, shed shell to avoid dugtrio is a fine option over twisted spoon, i just like the extra damage yknow. scarf twave latios last seeing as speed control is limited with this build, twave is largely there for volcarona / sweepers i can't ohko, but also has the utility of paralyzing fat steels / fairies to help out with other members. overall pretty fun team, hope you enjoy :)

requested by: JuanchoTacorta
core:

import: https://puu.sh/vtX7T/be83ed0742.txt | https://puu.sh/vu7GQ/f8ff2aded4.txt

sash alakazam caught my eye the second i saw the request. i think i've used this specific set maybe once throughout my ~2 years playing competitive mons, but it looks like a very interesting poke in sm ou. i went with counter + twave to manage physical and special sweepers alike, seeing as psychic + shadow ball is enough coverage due to the team support included. from the beginning, i knew i wanted to make use out of alakazam outside of a revenge killer, so i added spikes ferrothorn to chip at teams throughout the game for a potential win condition just by spamming psychic. also, dealing with tapu koko, m-metagross, and greninja which can all force me out helps as a sturdy defensive backbone. knock off is nice here for ferrothorn and celesteela's leftovers / in general removing items. i wanted to go a different path with this team (i.e not mega metagross lol), so i wanted to try mega gyarados which seemed to fit what i was going for thus far. abusing spikes, knock off and twave support helps a ton, it can also get out of hand quite quickly, break stall on its own and as a bonus, most scarfers struggle to ohko it. next, originally was a simple defog latios to help mega gyarados and stuff like keldeo / offensive grounds that i can pivot into or revenge kill. i then made it scarf to function as a reliable rkiller seeing as alakazam only has one focus sash. last two slots were sorta decided together; sd flyinium rocks landorus-t provides a proper ground resist / pivot into stuff like zygarde, pressure fat shit (especially bulky grasses / overwhelming waters like rotom-w for gyarados) and intimidate is always good. the first puush link has a spread that i altered from tdk to help with dd zardx, while the second is faster for heatran + zygarde since it can be a nuisance. zone traps steels to help zammer, mgyara, lando-t, and latios as the offensive core. pretty neat team. o also the magnezone spread helps further with lele and greninja.

requested by: GnralLao / ericaroselia / Aaron_ramsey08
core:
|

import: https://puu.sh/vu834/0d4e77fa13.txt

yo, this is the (updated) team i built alongside my spl pal TDK for zamrock during whichever week. if my memory serves right, i'm pretty sure we were originally discussing specs magearna against him, but ultimately decided tr against his typical offenses. so, since this is an updated version and the build was made a while back, i can't remember the specific process but i'll do my best. trick room wp magearna is super fun as in a single turn it can be faster than your opponent's team with a high spatk stat under its belt due to its excellent bulk. however, the set we went with needs stuff like mega scizor and ferrothorn and bronzong if you count that as a pokemon weakened greatly, and the core of sd a-marowk + sd garchomp + taunt nm tapu fini accomplishes that quite well. marowak was far better in the pheromosa era for obvious reasons but it still does a good job at pounding stall / fatter pkmn in general. if you play offensively with it, you should be doubling into stuff like tangrowth and mega scizor frequently. scarf greninja works fine in general due to the broken shit in the tier, but like scarf keldeo or latios could work fine. celesteela rounds out the team as a fat steel for stuff like lele and a proper ground resist considering magearna is not assault vest. the team is pretty good and i enjoyed it quite a bit in spl despite not taking the W. heres the second version with scarf chomp + lorb greninja > scarf greninja + sd rocks garchomp: https://puu.sh/vu8wU/3609da3f8c.txt

requested by: DiegoP / imsosorrylol
core:

import: https://puu.sh/vu8Qa/a1b3f6ad15.txt

nothing super special with this team in all honesty, just a simple bulky offense that runs off of overwhelming teams with hard hitters until something can clean up. again, sd rocks garchomp is a set you'll be seeing quite a bit from me depending on the cores i take. this thing just keeps up the momentum of the original core, provides a crucial fire resist for stuff like heatran and zard-y, and a good enough speed tier for breakers like opposing lele. m-meta is literally the best pkmn right now; it fits this perfectly as a bulky steel for certain threats + it benefits from the fact that np hp flying thundurus and sd dragonium garchomp lure in ferrothorn + tangrowth with ease, giving it an easier time. also, mega scizor is demolished by the first three one way or another. tangrowth provides a check to koko, zygarde, lando-t, greninja and the crew. knock off is dope for lefties and shit, strongly consider hp fire to improve ferrothorn matchup since spikes can be annoying to play against. scarf keld patches up team with guaranteed speed for stuff like volcarona and dd zardx, benefits from how well grasses and stuff is pressured; simple stuff. twisted spoon lele might be overdoing it in the wallbreaking department, you can try your original request of choice scarf as a secondary cleaner with keldeo, but i do like it as it is. hazard removal is annoying but if you can pressure setters with taunt lele, focus blast / tbolt thundurus and sd garchomp, you should be good to go.

requested by: 100 Hoes Kaido
core:

import: https://puu.sh/vu9kx/bf81a06c14.txt | https://puu.sh/vu9qf/887d4c10f9.txt

yea, after trying out a lot of zard-y teams, i started agreeing with the stuff you said in the description of the request. after building and testing repeatedly, i found that the most common theme in the teams was a weakness to mega pinsir / strong flying types in general seeing as mega metagross could not be used in the slot, lol. my first priority with this pokemon was hazard removal, and i felt like recover / draco / hp fire | psyshock latios would be good in terms of beating down lando-t, chomp, ferro, and other setters. in the third slot, instead of landorus-t which is a go-to option in this situation, i decided on rocks knock off clefable for a few reasons. firstly, a consistent switch-in / answer to any zygarde variant is absolutely requried on char-y teams, and i felt tangrowth would take up an important slot. secondly, knock off enables me to remove toxapex's black sludge, chansey's eviolite, and just items in general to help zard-y punch holes in the opponent's team. third, pivoting into mega medicham is sorta retarded right now and pdef (bold) clefable helps a TON with that, while with lando-t you're sorta forced to play ice punch games. in general, it offers crucial support to the team and has been consistent in its job. fourth was occa berry spikes ferrothorn; i'll get into the set in a second, but the team just needed a steel / bulky grass type for mega metagross, koko, and greninja which runs through the squad. occa berry gyro ball / twave (respective versions above) allows me to manage hp fire lorb greninja, hp fire tapu lele, and even fire fang m-mawile slightly better which is quite important. gyro ball crushes lele and some speed boosters, but t-wave does have an all around good matchup vs. stuff like tangrowth to neuter it a bit. as i talked about the mega pinsir weak teams previously, i wanted something to consistently manage it along with a better ground resist, and stumbled upon 3 atk pdef zapdos. this set has always seemed cool to me and it fit in with the team quite well. however, i ended up changing latios to 4 atks specs and latios to roost / hp ice / defog / discharge as i wanted more breaking power behind the team. specs latios does a good job of taking advantage / luring in some zard-y switch-ins like toxapex for example. scarf keldeo always a nice glue on teams to provide a potential win condition, greninja check, you know the drift. i think its an alright team, probably the hardest request to build with atm o_o if you wanna try some zardy stuff for yourself, you can test stuff like band zygarde, defog fini, band bulu, sr uturn jirachi, scarf excadrill and potentially hoopa as a strong breaking core. hf with the team.

tht's all from me for now, sorry this couldn't be done earlier. pm me if any questions as always, hope u enjoy.

v1: https://hastebin.com/tefuwocape.diff
v2: https://hastebin.com/ludokopifo.diff

hi Fish078. you can use specs or scarf but i used specs in my av magearna version because i thought it was fun. the question is whether or not you want a passive aggressive team. metagross is a no-brainer with magnezone in the back. nice defensive backbone in fini/lando-t to complement. wanted to use ghostium cofag since my team needed some type of multimatchup oriented sweeper & a check to medicham since that pokemon is broken,,, was able to get 2 accounts in top 10 so you can search "ballislife 2.0" & "vertex" for replays. ladder was stall-less today (ha!), so try smack down+earthplate landorus-t if you get them.

fun team & hope you enjoy. extra cofagrigus team here (courtesy of nedor!)

Last edited:

v1: https://hastebin.com/tefuwocape.diff
v2: https://hastebin.com/ludokopifo.diff

hi Fish078. you can use specs or scarf but i used specs in my av magearna version because i thought it was fun. the question is whether or not you want a passive aggressive team. metagross is a no-brainer with magnezone in the back. nice defensive backbone in fini/lando-t to complement. wanted to use ghostium cofag since my team needed some type of multimatchup oriented sweeper & a check to medicham since that pokemon is broken,,, was able to get 2 accounts in top 10 so you can search "ballislife 2.0" & "vertex" for replays. ladder was stall-less today (ha!), so try smack down+earthplate landorus-t if you get them.

fun team & hope you enjoy. extra cofagrigus team here (courtesy of nedor!)
Thanks so much I'm really looking forward to testing this out congrats on the top 10 by the way.

TMan87

We shall bow to neither master nor god
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Hi, just wanted to point out that Team #20 (around Togekiss built by Vertex) isn't clickable in the Team Archive, unlike every other team.

EDIT : similar case for Team #10.

Last edited:

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Zygarde @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Extreme Speed

Magearna @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Shift Gear

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rock Slide

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Stone Edge

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

DownAbove sorry for the wait here you go.

I changed up the sets a bit as I suggested I might. Not really a fan of LO Zygarde 'cuz it really appreciates using its bulk to set up so I went with a weird tech in Sub Aguav Berry. Sub is really cool just for dodging random status moves and setting up on Toxapex and whatnot. It's cool too cuz after a DD you can Sub to intentionally proc your berry and get back a lot of HP. Functions kinda similar to Sitrus Zygarde although it's not double dance. For Magearna I really like the boltbeam + Fight Z set because I feel like it hits a ton of the metagame hard and nails a lot of its natural checks like Ferrothorn, Heatran, Magnezone, and so forth. After that I added Phys Def Tangrowth to handle Mega Metagross primarily but it also helps with mons like Garchomp and Zygarde. I have Rock Slide to prevent Zard Y or Volcarona from getting free switchins cuz those are threats man. Next up Scarf Keldeo was needed as a real Greninja check since Tang isn't AV, plus a general speedy revenge killer for stuff like +1 Volcarona. Afterwards I wanted an offensive rocker that applies pressure to defensive builds off the bat since the other mons are setup sweepers not really breakers. SD Lando-T fit the bill, and I ran with Earth Plate since Magearna is the Z move user. I have Knock Off to remove Shed Shells from Skarmory mainly just so you can trap it with Magnezone, freeing up Lando to put in a ton of work against stall after (Unaware Clef does not wall EPlate!). Specs Mag covers a weakness to Tapu Koko and helps get rid of Celesteela which is a massive bitch for the team. Honestly it's Specs just cuz I wanted another hard hitter and also because I really wanted to kill Steela lol.

I got a few mixups you can try if you're interested. Smack Down Lando is sorta better at pressuring builds without needing the Mag support, and you can also run Stone Edge which is a fine option as long as the opponent isn't Shell Skarm. AV Mag is an option to better deal with Magearnas and Greninjas and so forth. If you don't do that, AV Tang is also an alternate choice if Metagross gets banned but 'til then I would not recommend making that change. You can toy with the Zygarde set as well, and Sleep Powder is definitely an option on Tangrowth too.

Enjoy!

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader

Zygarde @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Extreme Speed

Magearna @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Shift Gear

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rock Slide

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Stone Edge

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

DownAbove sorry for the wait here you go.

I changed up the sets a bit as I suggested I might. Not really a fan of LO Zygarde 'cuz it really appreciates using its bulk to set up so I went with a weird tech in Sub Aguav Berry. Sub is really cool just for dodging random status moves and setting up on Toxapex and whatnot. It's cool too cuz after a DD you can Sub to intentionally proc your berry and get back a lot of HP. Functions kinda similar to Sitrus Zygarde although it's not double dance. For Magearna I really like the boltbeam + Fight Z set because I feel like it hits a ton of the metagame hard and nails a lot of its natural checks like Ferrothorn, Heatran, Magnezone, and so forth. After that I added Phys Def Tangrowth to handle Mega Metagross primarily but it also helps with mons like Garchomp and Zygarde. I have Rock Slide to prevent Zard Y or Volcarona from getting free switchins cuz those are threats man. Next up Scarf Keldeo was needed as a real Greninja check since Tang isn't AV, plus a general speedy revenge killer for stuff like +1 Volcarona. Afterwards I wanted an offensive rocker that applies pressure to defensive builds off the bat since the other mons are setup sweepers not really breakers. SD Lando-T fit the bill, and I ran with Earth Plate since Magearna is the Z move user. I have Knock Off to remove Shed Shells from Skarmory mainly just so you can trap it with Magnezone, freeing up Lando to put in a ton of work against stall after (Unaware Clef does not wall EPlate!). Specs Mag covers a weakness to Tapu Koko and helps get rid of Celesteela which is a massive bitch for the team. Honestly it's Specs just cuz I wanted another hard hitter and also because I really wanted to kill Steela lol.

I got a few mixups you can try if you're interested. Smack Down Lando is sorta better at pressuring builds without needing the Mag support, and you can also run Stone Edge which is a fine option as long as the opponent isn't Shell Skarm. AV Mag is an option to better deal with Magearnas and Greninjas and so forth. If you don't do that, AV Tang is also an alternate choice if Metagross gets banned but 'til then I would not recommend making that change. You can toy with the Zygarde set as well, and Sleep Powder is definitely an option on Tangrowth too.

Enjoy!
Team looks sweet, thanks man! Will definitely play around with it. That Zygarde set is crispy :]

Lillie (Nihilego) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This is the basic set for Nihilego. I really like this as a late-game cleaner once checks are out of the way. Power Gem and Sludge Wave are STAB, Thunder is for coverage for water types, and Hidden Power Fire is coverage for Steel types (iirc). It is really underused and I love this thing.

Shantaé (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- Fire Punch
- U-Turn

This is a different core. Jirachi is really underrated in OU, being the best abuser of Serene Grace in the tier. Iron Head and Heart Stamp is STAB that flinch often with Serene Grace, Fire Punch is for coverage and U-Turn is momentum. I am a huge fan of HO, which is why this set lacks Healing Wish.

Again, these two are the base for two separate cores. Please make them both HO, as that is my personal play style.

Hi builders and OU community. Too early to request a Mega Heracross team?
With teams Baton Pass, Stall and Trick Room on high this beetle arrived at a very interesting time to metagame.
Mega Heracross has a ''free switch'' in Tangrowth, and who better than Zygarde to force entry into that cool mound of vines?
Zygarde is a strong wincon, helping to weaken Landorus-T to Mega Heracross, or even a Glare support for other faster threats.

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Rest

Zygarde @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Glare / Toxic

If I am well-remembered, this is a set similar to that used by ABR in ORAS (not exactly the same EVs), with Rest punishing extremely passive Stall teams.
Zygarde Band to click Thousand Arrows 95% of the time.
If necessary, please do not hesitate to change sets. Thanks in advance.

in the hills

spreading confusion
is a Top Artistis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mega Heracross + Alolan-Muk
Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Atk / 112 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Rock Slide
- Pursuit

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 240 HP / 136 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missile
- Substitute / Swords Dance / Rest / Earthquake

Since Mega Heracross gets released tomorrow. Mega Hera appreciates something that can handle fairies and especially fast Psychics like Mega Zam and Lele. EQ can be used on Mega Hera to bop Toxapex

Last edited:

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Requesting a team around Hoopa-U

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magician
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

I've been trying to build something solid with this mon for a long time with little success to say the least. Building around a breaker that is too frail and weak to U-turn to deal with Offense as well as being easily trapped by Dug to do anything with Stall is tough. I guess it's because it isn't even that good lol maybe this isn't even its best set, I've experimented with band with p much the same success as well as with Scarf. I don't mind a different set as long as it works well tbh, I just want to see what a more experienced builder can come up with. Thanks in advance n_n

The Loog Noog

Banned deucer.
Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower

Could someone please build a team around this Tapu Bulu set for me? It seems really fun to use with Mega Metagross gone and seems like a really strong breaking option for teams that need counterplay to bulkier teams with +2 Bloom Doom doing insane things like OHKOing AV Tangrowth and overall being a downright scary move to throw out vs any team, regardless of how sturdy their resists are. Thanks in advance and have a wonderful day builders! :]

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I requested this team before and obii built a very fun team for me back then, but only a week or so after the team was finished one of its centerpieces was suspected. And now that it has officially been banned, I'd like to request another team around Buzzwole and Celesteela

Buzzwole @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab
- Thunder Punch

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

The concept is simple. Buzzwole is a great check to most physical attackers in the tier due to its ridiculous natural bulk, and hits insanely hard as well. Celesteela blanket checks every special attacker in the metagame, which Buzzwole greatly appreciates. The sets in the hide tag are simply the sets obii used before, any set is fine.

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat

Magearna @ Life Orb
Ability: Soul Heart
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Moonblast

Mega Pinsir is normally stopped by Pokemon like Skarmory and Celesteela, both of whom can be lured by Life Orb Thunderbolt Magearna, which threatens a 2HKO after Stealth Rock. Mega Pinsir also forces out Pokemon like Mega Scizor, Heatran and Ferrothorn which this Magearna struggles with.

I'd be fine if you wanted to change the set or call this core junk lol

Last edited:

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
-
-
-
-

Sup teambuilding workshop, it's been a minute. Core is pretty easy to follow, Mew does really well as a Psychic resist rn and takes on the likes of Lele and Medicham. Heracross is something that Sabella and I just wanted to build around. New toy syndrome is nice and all but I think it does have some potential in this tier, we were thinking more along the lines of AoA Heracross but select the moves as you please.

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Steam Eruption
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
As we all know, Volcanion is a powerful, overlooked and underrated Wallbreaker, it is also one of my favorite Pokémon so I'd love a team built around it! The set is quite simple, Overheat is prefered over Fire Blast or Flamethrower for the extra power specially since Volcanion is likely to switch out after attacking, and Sludge Bomb is for Tapu Fini. After I was done with Volcanion, I realised Bulu partnered very well with Volcanion, since it takes on the bulky Water-types and the Dragon-types that Volcanion fails to hit, Bulu's set is quite standard tbh, so not much to mention here. If possible, try to build the team as Bulky Offensive, as that's the playstyle that these mons work best in.

Btw, If necessary feel free to change EVs and/or moves. Happy building :)

Last edited:

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice] / [Fire]
- Thunder

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric] / Focus Blast / Icy Wind

Nihilego + Keldeo goes well together as Keldeo breaks through fat grounds and steel types which Nihilego struggles against while Nihilego hits flying, grass and fairy types which Keldeo appreciates having removed, Nihilego I made scarf so you can revenge kill Tapu Lele, Koko and Non Charti Berry Volcarona easier while I made Keldeo specs to punch whole teams hard which can help Nihilego sweep later in game.

I will give the option to make Nihilego either hp fire or ice while Keldeo's last slot can be anything so be free to pick the last move slot.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Taunt

There's an analysis for this set and I'm really curious as to how it will function in this meta. It's an interesting wincon against bulkier teams. I don't have any meta trends or anything that would make it particularly viable, I just think it's an interesting set that I want to try out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)