SM OU OU Team (Magearna+Hoopa-U) (Peak 1720)

(Click on one of the sprites above for the import)

Hello! Thanks for checking out my second RMT! This team is built around Magearna and Hoopa-U, and could definitely use some touch-ups. This team has peaked at 1720 elo on the ladder. Not much else to say, let's get into the team.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch

When I first started building this team, I chose to use a Hoopa-U + Magearna core. The reason I chose to use Hoopa-U is because of it's ability to hit defensive Pokemon hard, 2HKO'ing common Pokemon used in stall such as Sableye-Mega, Toxapex and Skarmory with Hyperspace Fury, while also dealing with a variety of Pokemon with its physical move pool. Hoopa-U is an amazing wallbreaker.

Magearna @ Electrium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shift Gear
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind

I chose a Electrium Z Magearna because in this team, most people don't expect my Magearna to be a setup, leading to one use of Shift Gear and a likely sweep depending on their remaining mons. T-bolt and Ice Beam deal with a pool of mons that could otherwise stop it, including Lando-T, Toxapex and Zygarde. Electrium Z can deal a high amount of damage if I haven't set up CM yet or got any boosts from Soul-Heart.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Defog

I chose Mega Scizor as my defogger and a physical wall, with the well-known Bullet Punch / U-Turn for STAB and pivoting. There isn't much to say about this Pokemon in particular. I just switch it in at the correct times, defog and pivot out. With its bug/steel typing, it can resist things unique sets like Protean Physical Greninja. U-Turn adds momentum.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 28 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This is another physical wall, and my rock setter. This checks threats such as DD/Coil Zygarde, Mega Lopunny, etc. U-Turn is used to take advantage of Lando-T's low speed stat, allowing for an easy switch-in. EQ is a STAB move that is standard for any Landorus, and HP ice is used for opposing Landorus-T's and Zygardes.

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Tangrowth is used as another well-known Assault Vest user, checking threats to this team such as Keldeo and Greninja, and other threatening Special Attackers. Earthquake is used specifically for Heatran & other steel types that could otherwise easily switch in. Without Tangrowth, I would have a huge hole in my team because of the amount of special attackers it checks.

Greninja (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Low Kick
- Ice Beam

Scarfed greninja is mainly used for speed control, while sometimes adding a surprise element to scarf users such as Lando-T. I mainly used rock slide for threats such as Gyarados, Volcarona and Charizard-Y, while using U-turn for momentum and Ice Beam for threats such as opposing Lando-T's, Zygarde and Zapdos. Low Kick is something I have been testing with and have been considering a change to Spikes/Gunk Shot.

Thank you for checking out my team! Please leave detailed suggestions :)

Rosa_Serperior-300x169.png

-Scorcha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)