OU OU Suicune

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
:ss/suicune:
Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Protect

Phenomenal bulk in conjunction with Pressure makes Suicune a devastating wincon. This set makes the most out of this ability with the use of Substitute and Protect in tandem with Leftovers for recovery, which allows Suicune to stall out the PP of moves that may threaten it. This can make it incredibly hard to take down, especially after a few Calm Mind boosts. Scald can burn potential threats like Rillaboom and Ferrothorn. As it is vital for Suicune not to be afflicted with status effects, Aromatherapy Clefable and Heal Bell Togekiss make for fitting partners, as they can cure its status ailments; additionally, Poison-types like Toxapex, Galarian Slowking, and Nidoking can absorb Toxic Spikes. Suicune also enjoys Grassy Terrain support from Rillaboom, as it provides additional passive recovery. One of the biggest roadblocks to Suicune is Toxapex, as it is able to use Haze to reset Suicune's Calm Mind boosts. However, stalling out Haze's PP can pave the way for other potential wincons like Calm Mind Clefable. Furthermore, Knock Off users like Clefable, Toxapex, and Ferrothorn, and especially Trick + Choice Scarf Clefable can impair Toxapex's ability to hold back Suicune.

Last edited:
(I’m p sure i’m still flying press qc for cg so I’m p sure this still counts as a stamp)

This is fantastically written, but there’s one small section I disagree with - under status absorbing you mention blissey as an aroma / bell users, but after using it myself, I really don’t think it’s necessarily the best mention here since it’s just a bit too niche or generally just unreliable. I think replacing it with mentions of NP bell kiss would work a lot better here given that the two of them actually have a lot of good synergy both offensively and defensively and you don’t necessarily have to sacrifice anything vital on either mon for them to actually support one another.

Good stuff, and happy holidays!

QC 1/1

curiosity TFP QC was updated pretty recently and you aren't on the team anymore. I'm not in charge of that, but you could probably take it up with Estronic if you're still interested.

Therefore, it also appreciates partners that can lure in and eliminate Toxapex, such as your own Toxapex with Block and Spite or even Whirlpool Urshifu-R or Fire Spin Cinderace.
Whirlpool Urshifu-R and Fire Spin Cinderace are so niche I'm really not convinced they're worth mentioning. They are incredibly gimmicky. Toxapex with Block and Spite is definitely not unviable by any means, but I find that it is incredibly hard to run alongside Suicune. I would recommend removing this sentence.

On top of that, a big part of Suicune's niche is definitely PP stalling Toxapex's Haze for other potential winconditions like Calm Mind Clefable.

Knock Off users like Clefable, Toxapex, and Ferrothorn are surely worth mentioning too, as removing Toxapex's Black Sludge makes it much harder for it to switch into Suicune. You could mention Trick + Choice Scarf Clefable specifically too.

Like curiosity said, this is good. 1/1.

Milak

Stoïque fierté
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Add
Remove
GP 1/1
once done :blobthumbsup:
:ss/suicune:
Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Protect

Phenomenal bulk in conjunction with Pressure makes Suicune a devastating win condition wincon. This set makes the most out of this ability with the use of Substitute and Protect in tandem with Leftovers for recovery, which allows Suicune to stall out the PP of moves that may threaten it. This can make it incredibly hard to take down, especially after a few Calm Mind boosts. Scald is the attack of choice as it can burn potential threats like Rillaboom and Ferrothorn. As it is vital for Suicune not to be afflicted with status effects, Poison-types like Toxapex, Galarian Slowking, and Nidoking Aromatherapy Clefable and Heal Bell Togekiss make for fitting partners, to absorb Toxic Spikes, as well as Aromatherapy Clefable or Heal Bell Togekiss as they can cure its status ailments; additionally, Poison-types like Toxapex, Galarian Slowking, and Nidoking can absorb Toxic Spikes (talked over this on Disc). Suicune also enjoys Grassy Terrain support from Rillaboom, as it provides an additional means of passive recovery. One of the biggest roadblocks to Suicune is Toxapex, as it is able to use Haze to reset Suicune's Calm Mind boosts. However, stalling out Haze's PP can pave the way for other potential win conditions wincons like Calm Mind Clefable. Furthermore, Knock Off users like Clefable, Toxapex, and Ferrothorn, and especially Trick + Choice Scarf Clefable can impair Toxapex's ability to hold back Suicune.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)