OU stallin it up! [=

Okay, seeing as almost all of the competition has gone to gen 5, I've been working on a sort of unorthodox stall team. I want to stay away from any OU pokemon (meaning BL or below), but the team is made FOR fighting in the OU metagame.

What I wanted for sure was:
~Stealth Rocks
~Spikes
~Toxic Spikes
~Phazer/Hazers
~Spinner
~Spin Blocker

But that should be a given, as it is a stall team.

On to the team!

My Lead:

Cloyster @ Life Orb
Shell Armor
222HP/104ATK/4SPD/180SPATK
Quiet Nature
~Spikes
~Surf
~Ice Shard
~Explosion
Lead Cloyster, he's actually pretty viable for OU. His main purpose on this team is the spikes so I can stack my entry hazards. He hands most of the leads well, and if I'm not too sure I can just explode or switch out and bring him in later.
(Seeing as he doesn't last long, I've been considering lefties over LO)

Synergy:
Electric: Rotom, Claydol, Nidoqueen
Grass: Registeel
Fighting: Rotom, Nidoqueen, Claydol
Rock: Registeel, Claydol
Steel: Registeel, Milotic, Rotom

Every stall team needs a spinblocker right? I've narrowed it down to:

Rotom @ Leftovers
Levitate
254HP/252DEF/4SPATK
Bold Nature
~Rest
~Sleep Talk
~Discharge
~Will-O-Wisp
My spinblocker. God I love this thing. It a) absorbs status b) spinblocks c) spreads status via WoW. Aside from being a check to quite a few threats (Gyarados mainly), it also provides some handy resistances. If I had to pick the MVP of the team, it's definitely this guy.

Synergy:
Dark: Registeel
Ghost: Registeel

Now I have, my spinner:

Claydol @ Leftovers
Levitate
254HP/144DEF/112SPATK
Relaxed Nature
~Rapid Spin
~Stealth Rock
~Earthquake
~Ice Beam
There is nothing more annoying to stall than having to deal with opposing entry hazards. Since I'll be switching a lot, I want it to be safe. Claydol seemed to be the best rapid spinner for the team because he also has SR. Earthquake and Ice Beam are for coverage, EQ being a nice STAB.

Synergy:
Ice: Milotic, Registeel, Cloyster
Water: Milotic, Cloyster
Bug: Nidoqueen, Registeel
Dark: Registeel
Ghost: Registeel

Registeel @ Leftovers
Clear Body
254HP/168ATK/88DEF
Impish Nature
~Earthquake
~Ice Punch
~Toxic
~Explosion
This is my physical wall. However, he has always seemed to be the dead weight of the team. EQ/IP again for coverage, Toxic for status, and Explosion if needed (last second sweeps). Not too sure on keeping this fella, and possibly considering a ResTalk set.

Synergy:
Fighting: Nidoqueen, Rotom, Claydol
Fire: Milotic, Cloyster
Ground: Rotom, Claydol

Milotic @ Leftovers
Marvel Scale
254HP/192DEF/8SPD/56SPDEF
Calm Nature
~Surf
~Toxic
~Haze
~Recover
Milotic. Perfect for a stall team. She provides me with a hazer, both special and physical bulk, and Toxic for spreading status. Milotic always finds the most use in being a hazer, able to stop most setup sweepers.

Synergy:
Electric: Rotom, Claydol, Nidoqueen

And finally comes the Toxic Spikes:

Nidoqueen @ Leftovers
Poison Point
254HP/4ATK/252DEF
Impish Nature
~Toxic Spikes
~Earthquake
~Fire Blast
~Roar
Even though its defensive stats don't look promising at first, this thing sure takes a hit. Nidoqueen provides me with more entry hazards (toxic spikes), a phaze move, and EQ/FB for some attacking power. Nidoqueen is one of the most underrated pokemon imo, because it stops SD scizor and lucario right in their tracks and finishes them with EQ or FB respectively.
It will live anything they can throw at them, except for the rare EQ from lucario.

Synergy:
Ground: Rotom, Claydol
Psychic: Registeel, Claydol
Water: Milotic, Cloyster
Ice: Milotic, Registeel, Cloyster

That's my team! (Mods let me know if the descriptions aren't long enough)

RMT Rules said:
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it.
Please improve your descriptions as they are not quite up to Rule 3 of the forum rules.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You're swept clean by CM Jirachi, Machamp, Celebi, Gyarados to an extent, Dragon Dance Tyranitar, etc. and Starmie can spin all your hazards away and doesn't mind rotom switching into him because he'll gladly Hydro Pump rotom's ass for a guaranteed 2HKO.. Look at this calc:

252 SpAtk Starmie Hydro Pump vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Rotom: 67.11% - 78.95% (2 hits to KO)

And if Starmie's is using Life Orb then it's a guaranteed OHKO on Rotom after stealth rock damage, and 18% chance to OHKO without stealth rock damage.

Now, look at your Rotom's Discharge against Starmie:

0 SpAtk Rotom Discharge vs 4 HP/0 SpDef Starmie: 72.14% - 85.88% (2 hits to KO)

You see, not a guaranteed OHKO even after Stealth Rock. And if Rotom switches in as Starmie uses Hydro Pump then you can kiss your Rotom goodbye. Your lead Cloyster loses to lead Machamp so he can't really set up anything besides a layer of spikes. And if it's against Taunt leaders then, well, he won't set up anything.

Your team can be swept basically by most OU sweepers. My suggestion is to either use that team for UU or make an original OU team. I know it's fun to mess around in OU but I don't think you really can do anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)