OU Player of the Week #9: -Snow

Status
Not open for further replies.

false

maybe this is heaven
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Past SPL Champion

Welcome to the SM version of OU Player of the Week! This project will feature interviews from some of the most accomplished and influential users in the tier so that we can learn more about them.
If there is a user that you would like to see interviewed be sure to let me know.

-------------

-Snow
most known for: 3-0 in the first wcop phase for two years in a row, building heat squads that somehow turn to work.
favourite pokemon: Mega Abomasnow
most used pokemon: Tapu Fini, prolly. SM lacks of reliable removers.

Can you tell us a litte bit about yourself outside of Smogon?
I'm a 20 year-old guy, currently working as singer (mainly Pop, Soul and r&b) and pianist in weddings and events, studying in a singing academy. I'm from south Italy but I'm probably moving soon cause I'd like to study on the other side of the nation. Music plays an important role in my life and helped me several times in many different ways, and I feel like it's going to be this way for the upcoming years. I'm currently a tenor in a huge polyphonic choir and I'm part of a huge Orchestra which is the biggest Orchestra of south Italy, and one of the biggest in the whole nation. I used to play volleyball, as setter, but I had to give up due to study and work, although I still play some friendly match in the free time. I'm curious as fuck and I like to read a lot about basically everything, especially music related stuff.

Where did you get your name from?
My original nickname was SnowCristal, but I changed it almost a year ago. As for the origin of the nickname, you have to know Italian pokéweb is divided into clans or stuff like that. I wanted to join one of these clans so bad, but in order to join it you had to do a test. I failed that test so many times that I decided to create a series of alts and "SnowCristal" was the one with a positive result, so I kept it.

How and when did you get into competitive Pokemon?
I could describe my first competitive approach as random. It was 2011 and I wanted to fight a friend on Wi-fi but for some reason I couldn't connect with my DS. I was about to give up but this friend told me there was another way to fight: Pokémon Online. I joined it with some random alt and lost against my friend (SubToxic Darkrai was way too much to deal with) but I kept using the simulator in order to try possible squads and re-create them on DS. Step by step I met friend on the simulator and it replaced completely the console experience. It was the end of BW1 when I started joining italian tuornaments and at the end of BW2 I joined Smogon in order to play Smogtours on the old but gold "Groudon's Grotto". Step by step I met a lot of funny friends on the site and I started joining the main tournaments, like OST, Frontier and World Cups, and finally SPL this year (Sharks n_n).

What’s your favourite generation of OU and why?
My favorite generation of OU was BW2-OU before Chlorophyl and Sand Rush ban. But with the current banlists, I'd say it's SM OU. It's still an unbalanced metagame, but I love how big and various it is. You can face stall, webs, bulky offense, rain teams, stall, aurora veils, screens, stall, sand teams, terrains... did I name stall yet? I like the way Z moves changed the whole building process. There are a lot of possible sets and options so unconvential building is the key for the success in a lot of matches. It will be without any kind of doubt the best metagame, if we manage to ban the correct things or at least nerf them somehow.

What’s your favourite playstyle to use and why?
For some reason people think full stall is my main playstyle lol. Actually, I feel like my favourite playstyle is balance. I think it's the playstyle that better suits the way I play. When I play stall I feel like I need an offensive presence in order to make pressure. When I play offense, then I feel like I need something solid to tank hits. So yeh, balanced is without any kind of doubt the playstyle I have fun with.

What are your thoughts on the current metagame? How do you feel about SM in comparison to ORAS?
Thanks to the the addition of new Pokémons and Z moves, SM is just a better ORAS. It's clearly more offensive (and stall vs stall is just a pointless fight that turns into an endless switchbacks war, or simply a Dugtrio trap run) than ORAS and I like all these Z moves baiting stuff and allowing you to nuke what is supposed to be a counter if used properly. ORAS is hazardz + random Calm Mind setupper right now, and I feel like it's just boring. Every team looks exactly the same, and it's annoying to face the same archetypes, but at least it's a balanced metagame.

What are your first impressions of Marshadow? Do you think it should be quickbanned?
A godlike typing, solid stats, good coverage, one of the best abilities out there, a 195 Power peculiar Z move and Spectral Thief. I wouldn't even think to prepare for it while building, cause it would be impossible. Quickban that thing, pls. No reason to stay.

Do you believe that anything else deserves a suspect test in the near future?
Dugtrio. That mole has to go, please. It's insane and turns every matchup into a coinflip. It can easily trap a good portion of the wallbreakers (you can still run Shed Lele or Hoopa, but let's be honest, they would just suck against both stall and regular teams) and let the other members stall you easily. Protean Ninja needs to be suspected too. It has a lot of different movesets and an insane coverage. You can't really think to a good counter for him 'cause it could always have the coverage move you wouldn't expect. And Lele is op too, it should be suspected at least.

You went 3-0 through Round 1 of WCoP. What do you think was the biggest factor that allowed you to have that success?
I think that being unpredictable in terms of building gave me a huge help. Talking to my oppos after the matches they told me they couldn't really predict me to bring the stuff I brought. I brought a Mega Tyranitar g1 (and now it started being popular as it deserves), an hail g2 (even tho my dear Aboma suddenly died 'cause of a Supersonic Strike Koko :c) and a Cresselia sun team g3. In all these games, unexpected mons and teams were the key that lead me to the victory. If there's something I really dislike is when people tell me not to bring "gimmicky" mons 'cause they will lead me to lose. Or, even worse, when people tell me I'm just trying to impress the others by using weird stuff. It's a team tournament, I wouldn't use a mon just 'cause it's funny. If I bring something that is not common, it's because I feel it will work against a specific oppontent or in general. And If I lose, it's not because I decided to bring weird stuff, but because it's the game: there are 800 Pokémon, you will always end up having a good or a bad matchup. This doesn't mean I'm going to bring Cherubi, next match, obv.

What are some of your favourite individual matchups from Round 2 of WCoP? Who do you think has the best chance to cause an upset?
I'm secretly (no more) rootin for LA and Europe. Their rosters is cool and solid even tho I feel like they're underrated. Sadly, they're currently facing each other but I'm expecting both their SM matchups to be straight gas. Usa East looks scary, but kinda overrated imo.

What’s one piece of advice you’d give to someone trying to break into the tournament setting?
My advice is: "Think out of the schemes". Everytime you'll let the others influence your thoughts about a fact, a Pokèmon, a set or an idea, that's where you're losing. And most important, don't let the "big names" scare you. Even when you face scary opponents, just think that they have nothing more than you actually have. A pc, a team builder, a mouse and a brain (uhm, this one is not taken for granted actually).

Who are some of your favourite people in the Smogon community?
I'm sure i'm going to forget a lot of them but...
Fatalitatis Sugarcult Lopunny Kicks DenisTheMenace H.M.N.I.P Miguelmart Adam the first Gondra Shogarth Kebab mlml Renny_ HQuaze NaCl nightcore Enki HQuaze Toxigen Znain The Idiot Ninja Sun Niky Celysi Vubon WhiteQueen Lord Outrage SparksBlade Pearl Isa MetalGro$$ Erzengel Kushalos Jimmy Turtwig Poek Trosko imsosorrylol M Dragon Count Riario Conflict Iloveleague Tricking Killua kun Bomber. Howkings Corckscrew Shiro. Coffe Choice Specs

Finally, can you provide us a team that you think reflects your current playstyle, with a brief explanation of how it works?

winter rhapsody (Abomasnow-Mega) @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 104 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Mild Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard

paradise lost (Magearna) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

v for valhalla (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Trick

life's lullaby (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt
- Moonblast

dark silver world (Kyurem) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Roost

the emperor (Landorus-Therian) @ Rockium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
This is one of the teams I used in world cup (against Sfarialas) and I think it's one of my favorite teams right now. It's offensive but defensive at the same time, allowing me to have safe switchins on most of the mons that OU offers but at the same time breaking easily balanced and bulky offense common cores.

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader
Hey man, first of all 'grats on wcop. Got a few questions:

I noticed you think Lele should be suspected, and I'm sure that although most people disagree, some also feel the same way. Do you mind delving deeper as to why you feel this way?

When it comes down to Pokemon, what would you classify as your favorite aspect? Examples include building teams, playing tournament games, playing the actual handheld games, sharing your thoughts with others, etc..

SM brought along diversity in the forms of all the different viable playstyles. What do you think is the most annoying playstyle to have to take into account when building, and why?

Unrelated to Pokemon: I'm planning on going to Italy while I'm in Europe this summer. Are there any cities or other places you recommend, especially any lesser known ones?

Grazie :toast:

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Hey man, first of all 'grats on wcop. Got a few questions:

I noticed you think Lele should be suspected, and I'm sure that although most people disagree, some also feel the same way. Do you mind delving deeper as to why you feel this way?

When it comes down to Pokemon, what would you classify as your favorite aspect? Examples include building teams, playing tournament games, playing the actual handheld games, sharing your thoughts with others, etc..

SM brought along diversity in the forms of all the different viable playstyles. What do you think is the most annoying playstyle to have to take into account when building, and why?

Unrelated to Pokemon: I'm planning on going to Italy while I'm in Europe this summer. Are there any cities or other places you recommend, especially any lesser known ones?

Grazie :toast:

Hi! Thanks man n_n let's answer to these questions.

1) I think Tapu Lele should be suspected for sure, but I'm not sure about what I would vote in that case. Lele is for sure one of the most prominent nukers in the tier: its coverage is naturally good and the terrain allows it to ohko almost everything is not resisted. I think it actually has some decent switchin such as Alolan Muk, Magearna, Celesteela, Jirachi and more, but it can easily nuke them all thanks to its large coverage and to several z moves. Z Thunderbolt will seriously damage Celesteela and Skarmory, Z Shadowball Jirachi and Bronzong, Specs Moonblast does serious damage on Muk and Specs Psyshock or even Z Focus Blast (there's a CM version of it too) can take care of Magearna or Heatran. There's an uncommon set that actually wins against every possible resist, and it is Z Nature Madness that istant pulls in range every possible switchin doing 75 %. I feel like it put a lot of pressure while building since you have to add all these steel types, and they're not even guaranteed to work. On the other hand, it's one of the few things we have that can pressure stall teams and deal with the Mega Sable + Chansey. And let's not forget you still need to add a steel type when you build (kinda forced) 'cause there are other tapus and fairy mons so...

2) I like playing tournament games. And I like to build for a specific opponent o tournament and guess correctly what kind of matchup i'd face. But there's one thing I love: use heat (rly heat) squads in ladder and see the reactions of mad ladder players trying to achieve the peak of their life.

3) Actually, stall is the worst thing to deal with. In a lot of cases you'll have to build a full-anti-stall-squad if you want to win against stall, but there are high chances you're going to lose against the rest of the metagame. And that's not cause stall is unbeatable etc, but it's because of that mole trapping everything is supposed to put a lil pressure on stall. Oh, also rain is something ppl always forget to take in account, until they face it. You better add sum serious water resist to your teams, in SM.

4) Italy is full of art. I'd say Rome and Florence for sure, but I'd suggest you to visit Sicily. It's a big Island on sud Italy and has a lot of history in it. There are greek temples (Agrigento), baroque cities, a lot of natural parks, the best italian food and amazing sea and beaches.

Prego :toast:

Nice to see your record in wcop so far, keep up the good work :]

I don't wanna ask you questions abouts mons, so instead I'm gonna ask you about football and music

Seeing as you're italian, how do you think the Italian side will fair in Russia '18?

Thoughts on Qatar '22(and FIFA as a whole)?

Are there any players that you'd like to see join Juve this summer?

Seeing as how I'm also a musician(vocalist and shit violinist), what advice would you give to those trying to pursue a career out of it?

This is a more personal question, but I'm 16 and currently in my school choir, production and band, and later down the line I plan to get more into r&b, jazz, as well as rapping. What advice would you give me personally to improve as a vocalist, or to adapt to these genres technically?

Kinda clichéd but what artists/songs/albums would you recommend that people should listen to?

Last edited:
Most underrated/overrated mon in OU?
Most undertated/overrated mega in OU?

How much do you agree with the viability ranking?

What are some weird sets that have 6-0ed you? What weird sets have YOU 6-0ed people with?

Policy aside, do you think banning spectral thief would nerf marshadow enough for OU?

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
omg is that WCoP legend and god teambuilder snow!?!?!?? As someone who strongly dislikes newgens, and therefore doesn't know much about the metagame, watching you bring out wild stuff every time in tournaments is pretty sick. Your games are probably my absolute favorites to watch in any given tournament. Keep it up! :D

And to stay on that topic: you said you started playing competitively in BW. Did you ever care to look back at oldgens? From what I understand you pretty much only play current gen, but how much of the first 4 gens do you actually know/understand? Which one is your favorite to watch and to play? Have you ever considering learning one? Gens 3 and 4 especially could use some of your creativity I think :v

And a question about music - what's your opinion on the latest trends with electronic music growing and evolving so much? I've seen some classical musicians be fascinated with dubstep back when Skrillex made it really popular, but there's obviously much more to be explored when you talk electronic music. Is it your kind of thing at all, or do you prefer to keep it traditional, with "real" instruments and such? If you do like it, what are some of your favorite tracks?

xray

how u doin'?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
wtf how can u say sm is a better oras when sm sucks and oras is great ._.

who are you looking up to as a player?

what do you think how come you are so successful with the weird shit you bring sometimes?:D

which two teams will make finals of wcop if not italy?

thoughts of snakedraft tour? and your favorite teammates in teamtours till now?

also why are u always so nice?n_n

Good to see you are still around snow :). Always a pleasure and I hope we battle soon. Especially with Mega Lopunny and Diancie soon to grace us again.

1. Who do you think is the craziest person on Smogon and Why?
2. Explain why fairies are the best type and why you are looking foward to the eventual release of mega diancie?
3. Who would win in a all out battle between Iloveleague and Imsosorrylol?
4. Do you miss Parahax spam?
5. Based on the questions Which anime or Game should I try next?

BTW I'm boring your Abomnasnow team for week 8 of Break this team :D. Just thanking you in advance.

Snou

Nice to see your record in wcop so far, keep up the good work :]

I don't wanna ask you questions abouts mons, so instead I'm gonna ask you about football and music

Seeing as you're italian, how do you think the Italian side will fair in Russia '18?

Thoughts on Qatar '22(and FIFA as a whole)?

Are there any players that you'd like to see join Juve this summer?

Seeing as how I'm also a musician(vocalist and shit violinist), what advice would you give to those trying to pursue a career out of it?

This is a more personal question, but I'm 16 and currently in my school choir, production and band, and later down the line I plan to get more into r&b, jazz, as well as rapping. What advice would you give me personally to improve as a vocalist, or to adapt to these genres technically?

Kinda clichéd but what artists/songs/albums would you recommend that people should listen to?

Finally, Dybala or Ronaldo?
Hi! Sry if I'm late, guys, but yesterday was a busy day. I'm not going to answer to the football related questions 'cause I'm not that much into football stuff. And I think that world has bigger problems than 11 overpaid monkeys following the same ball :[

1 & 2) Wow, Jazz! Nice to know there are other musicians here oml n_n
An advice uhm... well. I think that the best advice right now is to be careful and choose carefully where you're gonna study. There are a lot of bad vocal coaches and musicians and it always happens they're overrated af. If you vocal coach is not an expert, it won't be able to understand your weaknesses and it won't be able to teach you how to sing properly, according to a good vocal technique and breathe support, and you voice will be forever damaged. An advice to improve as a vocalist uhm. Jazz is def not my genre and It's not easy to give you an advice without actually hear you, but there are specific schools and academies for these genres so if you want that to be your work, one day, and not just an hobby, you should really think about it. Both r&b and rap need a lot of breathe support, they're kinda fast and you need a perfect breathe control so you should focus on doing specific exercises in order to improve your diaphragmatic support.

3) My favorite artist is Sia. She's prolly the only one that makes me cry even just coughing at a fucking microphone. Althought I love everything bout Sia, I feel like the first albums should fit your stile (she started singing in an acid jazz band, called "Crisp"). Here some song you should really listen.

- Breathe Me, Sunday, Natale's Song, Broken Biscuit - from Colour the Small One (2006)
-
Lentil, Lullaby, Day too soon, Soon we'll be found, Electric Bird, Death by chocolate - from Some People Have Real Problems (2007)
-
I'm in here (Piano version), Oh father, Bring night - from We are born (2010)
-
Dressed in black, Eye of the Needle, Big girls cry, Chandelier, Elastic Heart (acoustic version) - 1000 Forms of fear (2014)
-
Bird set free, Alive, Space Between, Broken Glass, Unstoppable + Midnight Decision (bonus track) - This is acting (2016)
- My love, Angel by The wings, California Dreaming, Free Me - Unreleased songs/Soundtracks

These are just some of my favorite songs/albums but you should listen to her whole production, for sure.

Most underrated/overrated mon in OU?
Most undertated/overrated mega in OU?

How much do you agree with the viability ranking?

What are some weird sets that have 6-0ed you? What weird sets have YOU 6-0ed people with?

Policy aside, do you think banning spectral thief would nerf marshadow enough for OU?
Hey! n_n

1) Probably Mega Garchomp. That thing is a beast and lacks of switchin :[
2) I swear, didn't ever follow any OU viability rank. I feel they're wrong most of the times.
3) I was 6-0ed by a CM/Iron Defense/Substitute/Draining Kiss Klefki in ORAS, once. That was embarassing af D: and about the weird sets I used in order to 6-0 ppl in OU uhm...

EQ Bulk up Gogoat, Swords Dance/Superpower/Aqua Jet/Return with Normalium Z Simple Bibarel, CM Z Hurricane Oricorio-Sensu, SD Aqua Tail Swift Swim Armaldo, Z encore Togekiss, Z Bulldoze Slush Rush Beartic, Sub/WoW/Seeds/protect Gourgeist and many others D:

4) I think it that thing should just disappear.

omg is that WCoP legend and god teambuilder snow!?!?!?? As someone who strongly dislikes newgens, and therefore doesn't know much about the metagame, watching you bring out wild stuff every time in tournaments is pretty sick. Your games are probably my absolute favorites to watch in any given tournament. Keep it up! :D

And to stay on that topic: you said you started playing competitively in BW. Did you ever care to look back at oldgens? From what I understand you pretty much only play current gen, but how much of the first 4 gens do you actually know/understand? Which one is your favorite to watch and to play? Have you ever considering learning one? Gens 3 and 4 especially could use some of your creativity I think :v

And a question about music - what's your opinion on the latest trends with electronic music growing and evolving so much? I've seen some classical musicians be fascinated with dubstep back when Skrillex made it really popular, but there's obviously much more to be explored when you talk electronic music. Is it your kind of thing at all, or do you prefer to keep it traditional, with "real" instruments and such? If you do like it, what are some of your favorite tracks?
Hey :3
1) I actually played some RBY tournament (and did not even that bad) and DPP at smogtours. I absolutely dislike gsc (old, stallish, ever team looks exactly the same and stupid mechanics) so I prolly played 2 or 3 games in gen2 in my whole career. And I think RSE is actually not even that bad even tho I'd prolly start learning dpp if I'd had to learn an oldgen.

2) I'm a big fan of everything is music, but I feel like real instruments are somehow perfection. That's why I prefer acoustic versions with maybe just Piano and Violins. One of my fav artists (Sia), btw, used to sing and write "electro-pop" songs at the very start of her career and I love that phase of her discopgraphy so I think even electronic instruments are somehow cool. Music is the reflection of the time we are living. Technologies and progress are what we're living today, so there's nothing wrong with Music being modern and contemporary. About my favorite tracks, just check the other answers n_n

wtf how can u say sm is a better oras when sm sucks and oras is great ._.

who are you looking up to as a player?

what do you think how come you are so successful with the weird shit you bring sometimes?:D

which two teams will make finals of wcop if not italy?

thoughts of snakedraft tour? and your favorite teammates in teamtours till now?

also why are u always so nice?n_n
Xray :3

1) Big fan of Ben Gay and Whitequeen :[. Actually, not a "fan", i'm an air conditioner.
2) I don't really know. I'd just stop saying they're "weird". Who says that Abomasnow is weird and Greninja is standard?They're so different and they both could work in their waqy :O
3) Uhm. East and Europe.
4) What the heck is that thing D: hit me in pm and explain pls. Uhm. I loved most of my sharks mates n_n Trosko, Vubon, undisputed, Kevin Garret, bomber, analytic etc etc :3 and my powc europe mates!
5) It's a secret no one will ever know.

Good to see you are still around snow :). Always a pleasure and I hope we battle soon. Especially with Mega Lopunny and Diancie soon to grace us again.

1. Who do you think is the craziest person on Smogon and Why?
2. Explain why fairies are the best type and why you are looking foward to the eventual release of mega diancie?
3. Who would win in a all out battle between Iloveleague and Imsosorrylol?
4. Do you miss Parahax spam?
5. Based on the questions Which anime or Game should I try next?

BTW I'm boring your Abomnasnow team for week 8 of Break this team :D. Just thanking you in advance.
Sup fam! It's been a while :3

1) Fatalitatis . He's actually one of my best friend here and one of my secret lovers. I love all his thoughts about everything is even slightly psychology related.
2) Because of the typing itself. Good immunities, resists and weird weaknesses. And for some reason, most of the fairy types have a good coverage that allows them to get rid of steel and poison types. Oh, and tapus, for sure. Diancie? One of the best fairies out there and it's no longer forced to run Protect so you won't have to pick between hp fire and earth power. And this means there's no chance to switchin. It will drastically increase magearna and celesteela's usage for sure. And let's not forget it has a 350 speed at turn 1 rn.
3) I think they would both lose.
4) I think I miss it as much as Italy misses tele. Still waiting for the 0-3 he predicted me and for the 3-27 Italy score at the first phase.
5) Watch Haikyuu!

Last edited:
What was going through your mind when u brought mega absol to spl ? i mean who does that

on a scale of -1 to -100 how would define the overall quality of user fran17

do u think u can bring Lycrancoc-M in a high stake much and win with it ? would you consider attempting it if you were requested ?

did u consider covering face down by red jumpsuit apparatus?

lastly, did u consider to not be a weeb? -_____-

Your probably one of the nicest persons around and an amazing teammate snow, i hope that kindness and determination never runs out bud

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
what do you think about the fact that you're just arms stolen to the agricolture?

thoughts on vubon? *-*

when will you start using again PU mons?

Snou

What was going through your mind when u brought mega absol to spl ? i mean who does that

on a scale of -1 to -100 how would define the overall quality of user fran17

do u think u can bring Lycrancoc-M in a high stake much and win with it ? would you consider attempting it if you were requested ?

did u consider covering face down by red jumpsuit apparatus?

lastly, did u consider to not be a weeb? -_____-

Your probably one of the nicest persons around and an amazing teammate snow, i hope that kindness and determination never runs out bud
Vubon :3

1) Mega Absol was actually one of the best megas against what Leftiez used to bring. He used to spam Ferrothorns, Landorus-T and fini as only bulky water (and a Knoffed fini = a shit fini) so I felt like Absol was a good choice. It was actually a cool choice, but I had a blind Pheromosa and I missed a HJK when the game was literally over so reep :c

2) In a scale between -1 and -100 i'd say "tele".

3) I don't like it that much tbh and I feel like it's not even that good but I used Plusle, Pachirisu, Emolga, Cherubi... so yeh, I can def use a Lycanroc if needed :o

4) wat

5) I'm not a weeb u moron -_-

luv yah

what do you think about the fact that you're just arms stolen to the agricolture?

thoughts on vubon? *-*

when will you start using again PU mons?
1) u random tricking

2) I don't even know how are you allowed to name him. Vubon is the truth.

3) when you'll get a brain

Matame

New Rules
So good oml

1. Why is toxigen the worst user ever?

2. How are you able to consistently push the meta with cool teams/comps.

3. Is there a secret to ur wcop godlike record this year thus far? How do u think ur doing

4. Lastly rate Italy /10

Snou

So good oml

1. Why is toxigen the worst user ever?

2. How are you able to consistently push the meta with cool teams/comps.

3. Is there a secret to ur wcop godlike record this year thus far? How do u think ur doing

4. Lastly rate Italy /10
Nice avy lmao :3

1) 'cause he's just 2km away from me but I have to schedule 6-7 months before if I wanna see him irl.
2) D: what kind of answer am I supposed to give you to a similiar question D:
3) yeh, tele insulting me right before the match or when my oppo crits me/i miss something. Even tho he didn't show up in the last match, for some reason. I think 4-0 is actually a good score D:
4) our sm lineup looks really strong O_o we struggle a bit in oldgens but we can win this!

Last edited:
replays of: top 5 games youve played (that best show off your creative teambuilding) and top 5 you've watched.

Everytime you'll let the others influence your thoughts about a fact, a Pokèmon, a set or an idea, that's where you're losing​
.​

i find this quite interesting because i feel like i get influenced quite a lot about mons and how how good they are etc. but anyway, does this quote mean that you do not believe or agree with the idea of viability rankings

Snou

replays of: top 5 games youve played (that best show off your creative teambuilding) and top 5 you've watched.
Hey! Searchin replays of all these games would take a lot of time, and I don't have it rn. But I can just link my 5 favorite games in these years, yeh :O

1) http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen5ou-60015 (BW2-OU) Snow vs Lavos Spawn
They were finals of Ruins of Alph and it was the last game of the bo3. I brought an Hail Balance and i faced a Volcarona Sun. One of the tougher matchups I've ever get but winning every possible 50/50 with victini against volca/trio I managed to win the whole thing oo

2) http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-173768 (ORAS-OU) Snow vs ABR
One of my favorite games ever, even tho I lost :O last year wcop.

3) http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-189904 (ORAS-OU) Snow vs Malekith
Once again, I was using my main ORAS Hail and I had to put a lot of pressure on his Metagross 'cause that set was really troublesome for the team. It was for r5 of an ORAS Smogtour.

4) http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-249411 (SM-OU) Snow vs Leftiez
One of my fav matches ever, despite the final sucks and shows how this game is a coinflip. Mega Absol alert! SPL oo

5) http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-295465 (SM OU) Snow vs Sfarialas
Last but not least, the second game of the first phase of this year world cup. I didn't know at all my oppo but he showed he was dam good and I only won cause I managed to defog in a weird way at the middle of the match.

i find this quite interesting because i feel like i get influenced quite a lot about mons and how how good they are etc. but anyway, does this quote mean that you do not believe or agree with the idea of viability rankings
That's not why I said. But if you think that a mon is good or bad just 'cause someone else told yah it's good or bad, then you're just a brainless random oo

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
how do you go about building around heat mons? like what is your thought process

does your mega absol team have anything for stall besides the x button? i remember trying to get reqs with it and almost succeeded but lost to a bunch of stall teams

thoughts on mega ampharos in ou when it gets released?

What do the Ev's on your team(ie. Abomasnow, and Magearna) do? What specific purpose do they accomplish? Looks like a nice and interesting team

Snou

how do you go about building around heat mons? like what is your thought process

does your mega absol team have anything for stall besides the x button? i remember trying to get reqs with it and almost succeeded but lost to a bunch of stall teams

thoughts on mega ampharos in ou when it gets released?
Hey! Sorry for the late reply :c

1) I think the best way to build around heat mons is just to treat them as common mons, with their own abilities. There isn't a specific way to build around them, you just have to figure out what are the main threats in the current mg (actually Magearna, Greninja, Lele, Volcarona, Zyg and sum electric resist) and then you basically have a decent team :O

2) Nop, but it wasn't meant for laddering. It was meant to beat Leftiez and I wasn't expecting stall from him, so being stall weak was "ok". I reached reqs using it too :O

3) Sadly, I don't think it's gonna be a good addition. There are too many tapus, Talonflame vanished so no reason to run it. Koko could have a Z Dazzling or a common dazzling so it doesn't even counter it properly. Its typing is really cool but I doubt it would fit the current metagame.

What do the Ev's on your team(ie. Abomasnow, and Magearna) do? What specific purpose do they accomplish? Looks like a nice and interesting team
Magearna outspeeds Mantine, so you can volt switch without letting it roost and then take x4 instead of a x2 (losing flying type). Abomasnow with this spread outspeeds Toxapex, Slwobro and Amoonguss and Skarmory in its regular form :]

Updated Kanto

Banned deucer.
How are you such a GREAT teambuilder? I don't think I've built a single sm team despite playing the tier almost every day. How do ya do it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)