Project OU Next Best Thing Week 10: Mew (Voting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 mews both with good results in high ladder. Like i was mentioned one is AV mew (timid) with max spa. It has the moves psychic, fire blast, ice beam, and earth power (these are clearly for the many many 4x weak mons in ou and that usually will at least 2hko if not flat out oko). Other is the same thing but its nasty plot, psychic, aura sphere and softboiled z mew. fire af
Post about av mew only ur allowed

Thunder Pwoell

Banned deucer.
Post about av mew only ur allowed
What else would you like to know about it? You're not 2hkod by draco(u do 60% with ice beam though), u tank a lot of hits, and u get surprise kos. And can sweep games. You do need support though and be careful. It can disrupt games but you have to know what it does. You also can do niche moves like thunder/thunderbolt, vacuum wave, knock off, sludge wave, etc. or make it physical. Ice/earth power is really nice though.

What else would you like to know about it? You're not 2hkod by draco(u do 60% with ice beam though), u tank a lot of hits, and u get surprise kos. And can sweep games. You do need support though and be careful. It can disrupt games but you have to know what it does. You also can do niche moves like thunder/thunderbolt, vacuum wave, knock off, sludge wave, etc. or make it physical. Ice/earth power is really nice though.
Write a submission post about it in this format if you think it'll be mews next best set, and see if the public agrees when the voting takes place :
Try following this submission format if you're lost or whatnot: Sprite, set then explanation about what the set does, Evs and why its good in the current meta or something along those lines.

Latias (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

This M.Latias was first seen during olt, on Liones and DANN3 team primarily during the second cycle. What makes this set so nice, is its speed combined with it great natural bulk and scary coverage combonation of Bolt Beam Fire, this set is both hard to ko and switch into. This set is very similar to Zapdos's Roost 3 Attacks set, and shares a lot fo the same traits, being exceedingly hard for more offensive orientated teams to deal with that lack Ttar, and this has already been proven an effective strategy.

Thunder Pwoell

Banned deucer.

Thunder P. (Mew) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Synchronize
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power

It's a cleaner or lead disrupter. Do not underestimate it's power or bulk. You're in a good position of being really bulky and moderately strong on the special side. You do 90% to koko, and oko scizor, ferro, gliscor, and you live dracos, and ash grens dark pulse. If offensive tran u oko. This is my set but its v team dependent. You can use Thunderbolt, energy ball, sludge wave/gunk, whatever you want to solve your needs. No other mon can do this. Its v versatile and can sweep given the right params. You need to be fast though.​

Reserving anti lead mew

Mew @ Expert Belt / Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Defog / Taunt

The idea of this Mew is to prevent SR, which it does extremely well. Fire Blast is for Ferrothorn, and also allows it to take on various bulky steels such as Celesteela and Scizor. Ice beam covers lando-t, as well as the rarer gliscor, garchomp and hippowdon. Earth power hits heatran, while also being more reliable against excadrill than fire blast as it doesn't miss. Defog allows you to remove hazards if you are against something like yache lando that tanks your attack, while taunt is another option for mons like smeargle which have spore or stuff you cant break, like clefable or araquanid. Life Orb can be used over expert belt, although ebelt is better as it gives you more longevity and allows you to bluff a defensive mew (provided your opponent doesn't notice this has a higher power output due to max SpA and ebelt).

Last edited:

Thunder Pwoell

Banned deucer.
Reserving anti lead mew

Mew @ Expert Belt / Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Defog / Taunt

The idea of this Mew is to prevent SR, which it does extremely well. Fire Blast is for Ferrothorn, and also allows it to take on various bulky steels such as Celesteela and Scizor. Ice beam covers country-t, as well as the rarer gliscor, garchomp and hippowdon. Earth power hits heatran, while also being more reliable against excadrill than fire blast as it doesn't miss. Defog allows you to remove hazards if you are against something like a few country that tanks your attack, while taunt is another option for mons like smeargle which have spore or stuff you cant break, like clefable or araquanid. Life Orb can be used over expert belt, although ebelt is better as it gives you more longevity and allows you to bluff a defensive mew (provided your opponent doesn't notice this has a higher power output due to max SpA and ebelt).
lol why not just run psychic for offensive presence or roost. I also like how a lot of our sets are essentially mine lol... actually.... TBOLT

lol why not just run psychic for offensive presence or roost. I also like how a lot of our sets are essentially mine lol... actually.... TBOLT
Psychic is an option, but it doesn't really hit any rock setters (which is all this set is really taking on). I nearly gave roost a mention but to run roost you have to drop a coverage move which makes you lose to another rock setter (which makes this set useless as you may as well just run a defoggers with an actual offensive presence over it in that case). I'd rather run volt switch than roost honestly, at least it keeps momentum. The key difference between this set and yours is defog, which is a pretty big difference imo.

Disruptive Scarf Mew

Mew @ Choice Scarf
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- U-turn
- Ice Beam / Knock Off
- Super Fang

Choice Scarf Mew is a set that doesn't see much play in the OU competitive game as Mew's primarily role is to act as utility for Stealth Rocks, Taunt, Defog, etc. Its somewhat difficult to have a Scarf Mew Set since it suffers from 4 Move Slot Syndrome and depends on what your team needs. Will-o-Wisp is a nice move on scarf Mew user that can disrupt offensive mons such as Mega-Medicham, Mega Gyrados, Mega-Pinsir, Tapu Bulu, Landorus-T, Excadrill, Zygarde and non-scarf Kartana. Wisp can also help Mew lure in Pursuit trappers such as Tyranitar and Weavile. Initially, I was thinking of Volt Switch, but U-turns help you deal with Tyranitar and other Mews a bit more easier, and the necessary damage can be good momentum for other teammate matchups. Here is where things get a bit messy, and again, it really depends on team composition. Ice Beam is a great move against the common Landorus-T, pesky Zygarde matchups and Mega Pinsir. Knock-Off can be used as an alternative to enable teammates have better matchups with opposing bulky mons without items such as Bulu, Fini, Heatran Tangrowth, and Zapdos. Lastly, as a cool idea I came up with, Super Fang allows Mew to deal 50% of current HP to anything that isn't Ghost. It can alleviate matchups against bulky / stall mons.

Last edited:
trick room lead mew
1517849385381.png

Mew @ Mental Herb / Colbur Berry / Kasib Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

This set is sort of like lead uxie but you have explosion + taunt instead of memento + magic coat. Max HP lets you eat a specs dark pulse from gren if it hasn't transformed, and explosion kills it which is super nice since gren is a huge issue for trick room. overall its a fun set if u don't like standard trick room.

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 336-396 (83.1 - 98%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

edit: I found a replay! Its rly old tho.

@ below, yeah sash would also work but min speed lets u boom first under trick room, or prevents defog/setup after you've set up trick room.

Last edited:

Thunder Pwoell

Banned deucer.
trick room lead mew
View attachment 100667
Mew @ Mental Herb / Colbur Berry / Kasib Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

This set is sort of like lead uxie but you have explosion + taunt instead of memento + magic coat. Max HP lets you eat a specs dark pulse from gren if it hasn't transformed, and explosion kills it which is super nice since gren is a huge issue for trick room. overall its a fun set if u don't like standard trick room.

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 336-396 (83.1 - 98%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Why not run sash and max attack/speed then? If ur going to explode the hp seems like a waste. especially since you're probably going to taunt first.

Z-Transform Mew

Mew @ Normalium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 176 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Spe
- Transform
- Will-O-Wisp
- Ice Beam
- Roost

For those who don't know, Z-Transform fully heals Mew before it transforms. I've used it in a few games and it was ok. The spread allows Mew to survive one Dark Pulse from Ash-Gren, +1 Bug Buzz from Volcarona, avoid 2HKO from scarf Kartana etc. 20 EVs in speed to creep Bisharp and IVs are adjusted to give HP ice after transformation. How it works: Mew tanks a hit from an opposing set up sweeper, fully heals itself and transforms with Z-Transform, then tries to anti-sweep.

Here is a replay in which Mew transforms into Mega Scizor and gives the opponent's team some problems.

Last edited:

Z-Transform Mew

Mew @ Normalium Z
Calm Nature
- Transform
- Will-O-Wisp
- Ice Beam
- Roost

For those who don't know, Z-Transform fully heals Mew before it transforms. I've used it in a few games and it was ok. The spread allows Mew to survive one Dark Pulse from Ash-Gren, +1 Bug Buzz from Volcarona, avoid 2HKO from scarf Kartana etc. 20 EVs in speed to creep Bisharp and IVs are adjusted to give HP ice after transformation. How it works: Mew tanks a hit from an opposing set up sweeper, fully heals itself and transforms with Z-Transform, then tries to anti-sweep.

Here is a replay in which Mew transforms into Mega Scizor and gives the opponent's team some problems.
Wouldn’t 30 attack IVs be better if you want to take advantage of a physical attacker?

Super Fang Stallbreaker
Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 156 Def / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Super Fang
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Soft-Boiled

A long time ago, Mew was known for its Taunt WoW Stallbreaker, which fell off hard ever since the nerf to burn as it was just too passive. Super Fang fixes the passivity problem. Come in on any bulky mon, Taunt if need be, take a huge chunk of their HP with Super Fang, Knock Off their recovery for fun, and laugh at their family. Repeat until they forfeit because they can't touch it. Can't touch Sableye though, so go pair it with something else that can like Clefable or something. Calcs are irrelevant because everything dies to Knock Off after 2 or 3 Super Fang.

Last edited:

Z-Transform Mew

Mew @ Normalium Z
Calm Nature
- Transform
- Will-O-Wisp
- Ice Beam
- Roost

This set is just amazing. Tried it today in the ladder with a balanced M Venu team and easily got to 1950+ in less than a hour (started with 1800). Take so many oponents off guard and counter sweep then. I'm in love with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)