Gen 6 [OU] Hyper Offensive Team

Introduction

I like to introduce you guys my hyper offensive team in GEN 6 OU. I had some really nice results with it. 20 Wins / 4 Loses. The last gen I played is 6 thats why I think I can start with playing Gen 6 OU.

Pokémonsprite_445_XY.gif

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

My lead entry and one of my core pokemon. He is very bulky and take some hits to put out Stealth Rocks. He is a very nice counter to any Attacker due to his Rough Skin and Rocky Helmet. If I see a pokemon which is weak to rock I like to dragon tail the lead entry of the enemy to put out some extra damage with stealth rocks. Thats one of my core pokemon and the best leader in my opinion. Earthquake is a nice reliable STAB move to put out damage and fireblast covers a nice amount of pokemons.

Pokémonsprite_663_XY.gif

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 44 HP / 244 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Probably one of my core Pokemons. With Stealth Rocks laid out and some extra damage done, Talonflame can sweep over alot of Pokemons in the midgame. Sometimes I can lead with Talonflame and go into U-Turn into someone else. I rarely get to use Tailwind though and I think I can expand his moveset with a nicer coverage. But Talonflame is doing his job very well and I dont see much room for improvment personally.
Pokémonsprite_184_XY.gif

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 12 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Waterfall

Azumarill is one of my core Pokemons next to Garchomp and Talonflame. Belly drums lets me do some crazy damage in the midgame to weaken the enemy or even OHKO. Due to Azumarills speed I rarely use Waterfall and Play Rough (more often against Dragon checks) cause the speed is just not enough. Sometimes I also have difficulties to Belly Drum, cause I get damaged too much.

Pokémonsprite_065_XY.gif

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Hidden Power: Ice
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

Alakazam is one of my speed and special attack monsters next to Gengar. After the enemy team is weakened by my whole team and optimally by stealth rocks aswell, I put in Alakazam as late game revenge killers. Due to his his special attack he can kill alot of pokemons with his raw power. If enemies have stealth rocks out he is basically OHKO.

Pokémonsprite_497_XY.gif

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Hidden Power: Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare

Very nice late game sweeper. It outspeeds almost anyone. I get to use Serperior very often. It has alot of versatility. If I face something what cant kill me I just load up with leaf storm and if I think I cant kill them but the rest of my team can, I just go Glare to cripple the enemy team.
Same thing applies to Simsala. Very similar to Gengar. Although I dont seem to use more often than Gengar. Unlike Gengar he doesnt die too fast because of his magic guard and his sash.
128px-Pokémonsprite_094_StSd.gif

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Gengar is one of my speed and special attack monsters next to Alakazam. What applies to Alakazam basically applies to Gengar aswel.I rarely get to use him though. I have the feeling that he gets taken down way too fast and doesnt cover enemies aswell as Alakazam and I think he is the weak link of th team.

Problems

My main problem I think is Gengar and Alakazam. I rarely get to used them relatively to the other Pokemons. Gengar dies very fast without doing anything sometimes and I also believe that those both revenge killers are doing pretty much the same and I need some more diversity between those two.

Also if I face a Ice-Pokemon in the lead and he OHKOs my Garchomp my entry hazard is gone and I struggle with OHKO everybody afterwards.

If enemies put out Stealth Rocks aswell It seems to cripple my whole team as Talonflame gets a bunch of damage and probably kills himself with recoil soon.

Sometimes its hard to Belly Drum with Azumarill because she gets too much damage too fast.

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Heyyos! Wow your team actually looks really really early gen 6 where using CB Talonflame and Azu were the in thing to use. However, I can see that you want to use a good mixture of fast paced mons in your battles so let me see what I can do to help you with that.

>>>

Firstly, it's a huge waste not to use a mega on this team because mega is mega. Looking at your team, due to it's nature as HO, it means you can opt for two notable Megas for your team - Mega Lopunny and Mega Scizor. Since your team has two very knock off weak mon, lets use Mega Scizor in your team over Serperior. With HO being the theme, you want to be able quickly overwhelm your opponents as fast as possible and Mega Scizor retains some defensive utility due to it's typing and allows you to sponge knock offs due to the properties of mega stone. Offensive Mega Scizor covers a wide spectrums of threats and grants you a switch in for those Ice type leads that you expect to anti-lead you (i.e - Froslass)

>>>

If you want to focus your core on Talonflame and Azumarill, I think it's safer to opt for a strong offensive defogger in the form of Latios. It has the same incredible speed tier as Gengar and it gives you a reliable defogger. On top of that, since your team doesn't have a proper water check other than azumarill, it's natural for it to rack up a lot of damage before you can properly sweep with it. Therefore, by using Latios as your water check, you can soft check things like Keldeo a lot more safely and easily. Dual stab allows you to bypass a lot of common threats and helps you break fatter walls.

ahh the glorious talonflame. personally I am a huge lover of this mon in gen 6 but I do believe the set you are running is simply not as good as it should be run. CB is strong but it forces you out of flexibility so it's not as strong as it should be on your team. This mon has so much potential and flexibility so I think running itemless offensive SD is a lot more better than running CB because it gives you less recoil damage and allows you to act better as a revenge killer and sweeper.

lastly, just a slight update, magic guard nullifies effect damage which includes stealth rocks. This means that Alakazam won't be affected by stealth rocks, thereby keeping it's sash intact even if you switch it in on rocks.

anyway hope you enjoy the little changes I have given you and stay safe during this pandemic and time of uncertainty.
Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
IVs: 29 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Defog

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)