Other Metagames Teambuilding Shop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EV

Banned deucer.
I've resigned from this project so I can't do your team baconbagon . Someone else in the group will take it over or if you'd like I'd be happy to work with you separately.

baconbagon:

I removed Dragon Claw because it doesn't really add anything crucial in terms of coverage that the team doesn't already offer. Serperior is running Hidden Power Ground to walk over Heatran once it's weakened, and is a back up for if Earthquake is not executed correctly. Uhh Rotom-W carries good synergy, pivots in and out, checks Mega Scizor. Hippowdon sets Spikes to wear things down gradually and is a nice wall. Secondary check to Mega Scizor. Clefable checks Thundurus, is a late-game cleaner, spreads para, etc. Fits well on this balanced team. Stoutland removes entry hazards for Char X and is nice in general as a revenge killer and form of priority. Pretty flexible and straightforward team.

Replay:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/stabmons-242154172

Tier: Monotype fairy

Set: Ability,Magic bounce, Moves, Moonblast,diamond storm, Toxic,Protect

The reason I want mega diancie for my monotype team is that it makes a good lead being able to bounce back entry hazards such as stealth rocks,sticky webs,spikes etc. This helps make it so I don't have to waste a spot for a entry hazard pokemon. It also ha good stats and moves making it very desirable.

How I would play it: I would diancie as a strong early game pokemon used to get rid of entry hazards so I can switch out in safety. It would generally be an aggresive pokemon with moves like moonblast and diamond storm but still a defensive pokemon punishing switch outs with toxic and scouting/stalling with protect and the possible defense raise with diamond storm lowering the chance of a bullet punch OHKO. This would make a very mixed offensive/technical pokemon getting rid of set ups and stalls.

I would like your opinion of it's moveset how I use and/or how I should use it. Plus what fairies would most benefit from it and work with it.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Looked at the team and I have some suggestions

Sab: Set looks fine
Mandibuzz: Put 248 HP EVs so less rocks damage, change Toxic to Foul Play because you can't beat Roost SD Mega Scizor w/o it (and a ton of other things)
Tyranitar: Make its EVs Max HP + SpDef. Since it's your Rocker you want it to be bulky and you still 1-2HKO everything you want to KO w/o atk Evs. Change Pursuit to Fire Blast or EQ because everything on your team kills every Psychic out there and those two moves have more uses. No SpDef makes you much more Volcarona prone
Sharpedo: You have no mega so make that mega imo. Normal Pedo's frail and with with all of that damage from Sand and LO you're dying really quickly. Crunch hits a lot harder anyways
Hydreigon: Change Dark Pulse to Flash Cannon because you get 6-0ed by Altaria and Dark Pulse doesn't really hit anything important. (Earth Power can't 1HKO Diancie)
Bisharp: Set looks fine
Couple of suggestions to add on to this, think of them more as edits rather than solid changes, I usually like to run the OU standard for mixed Mandibuzz on Dark, something like 248 HP / 136 Def / 108 SpDef / 16 Spe with a +Def nature, this guarantees you'll never drop to 2 Focus Blasts from Lando-I from full health, and pretty much means you're comfortable switching into most special Fighting moves provided you have a way to deal with the threat. Mandi is still v. bulky physically so don't worry about that! My other suggestions are far more optional, and something to try out during testing, the first of which being Poison Jab on Sharpedo, it's slightly stronger than Poison Fang and let's you bop annoying Fairies not named Klekfi. I'd probably run it over Waterfall, but you try out different sets and see what works best. The other is just running some speed creep on your Sableye. Dark vs Dark matchups can be heavily influenced by who's Sableye can Taunt first if it isn't a Mega Sableye, and by running some Speed investment, you can maximise your chances in this matchup. 16 Speed is a nice benchmark.

dusk raimon

Banned deucer.
I don't have much time, but could someone build me a steel mono team around skarmory,doublade and heatran.

Skarm spikes set defensive, heatran as standard spdef rocker and swords dance doublade. Ty in advance!!!! (Sorry about short explanation of pokes for core and once again Ty in advance!)

Dr. Phd. BJ

aphasia
is a defending SCL Champion
OMPL Champion
Tier: STABmons
Possible Sets:
Recover + 3 attacks, Wish Passer, Rapid Spin Support, and Baton Pass download.
Reason: Mr. Duck is such a good mon in almost every tier with its astounding bulk with eviolite. It has pretty good abilities, speed control, and a surprisingly high special attacking stat (105). Porygon-2 is one of those few bulky pokes that can provide tremendous offensive pressure. 105 Special Attack with a special attack download boost is nothing to laugh at. STABmons gives it lots of great moves in Boomburst, Heal Bell, Rapid Spin and others.
Playstyle: Porygon-2 is so diverse, it can fit into any playstyle. I don't care the playstyle, as long as it is named Mr. Duck :^)

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Pokepat and Chaoseevee I made a team that included both of your requests! Shoutouts to Dream Eater Gengar for not letting me try any gimmicks you generic ghost ;(

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Charge Beam
- Stored Power
- Cosmic Power

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Defog
- Roost
- Heal Bell

As requested by Chaoseevee, Diancie is the Mega evolution for this squad. It will usually be your go-to lead, allowing you to use Protect to Mega evolve early on in the game, and offering Magic Bounce to prevent the opponent from getting up hazards. After that, it mainly functions as a wallbreaker, with Moonblast being an obligatory STAB attack and Diamond Storm is another STAB hitting from the other side of the phsyical/special spectrum allowing you to bop burds and special walls, as well as having that clutch defense raise. Remember to NEVER stay in on ANY Steel-type attack even if you have one or more defense boosts, as Mega Diancie will just die lol. Protect allows you to mega evolve safely, and is useful to scout for Steel coverage, or just scout the opposition's moves in general. Earth Power is coverage for Steel types, which otherwise wall your STABs. As requested by Pokepat, this team also includes BellyJet Azumarill. I changed Knock Off to Superpower in order to bop walls like Porygon-2 and Chansey. 124 Speed outspeeds 0 Speed Umbreon, so it can't Foul Play you first and you can KO it with Play Rough. Klefki is obligatory on most Fairy teams for its ability to beat SD Scizor with Foul Play and set screens to allow Azumarill and Clefable to set up easier. TWave is great for crippling faster threats, as well as allowing Togekiss to clean up in some cases with ParaFlinchax. Light Clay makes screens last longer. Next up is Clefable, with Dirpz's CancerFable set. Cosmic Power up, get a couple of Charge Beam boosts, then spam Stored Power and rek everything (if you do it right). Obviously it struggles with Dark, and to an extent, Ground, but if it starts setting up behind screens against most other types it can clean up late game quite nicely. Rest allows you to recover and remove status simultaneously, while Unaware prevents you from becoming set up bait while Clefable is asleep. Next up is Scarf Gardevoir, which is an excellent revenge killer. Moonblast and Psyshock are obligatory STABs that hit hard on both sides of the spectrum, and Focus Blast is good coverage for Steel-types. Healing Wish is great as a last ditch effort to get Mega Diancie or another teammate fully healed. Trace buys a ton of switchin opportunities (such as against Scald Gastrodon and Tbolt/Volt Switch Thundy-T) as well as allowing Gardevoir to revenge kill annoyances like weather sweepers and Landorus-I. Finally, Togekiss acts as a cleric and Defogger, while having the ability to hax with Air Slash. It is a very bulky mon that can survive many strong special hits. Roost is necessary recovery.

So that's the team! Hope you both enjoy it! n_n

For a long time, I quit playing Tier Shift. With the ban of Landorus I and Gothitelle, I stopped playing Tier Shift because I struggled to find anything to break Stall. The dominance of Stall keeps me away from playing Tier Shift until now.

So, after quitting Tier Shift for a long time, I am trying to get back to it again with the introduction of a new poke. I am currently trying to build a team based on this poke, but struggled with it. Because no one seems to know what's the best set of this poke (yet), ignore this request if it's too hard or seems unreasonable.

Metagame: Tier Shift
Sprite of pokemon

Item: I'd prefer Life Orb, but if Leftovers or Scarf is better, then feel free to change it.
Playstyle: anything

dusk raimon

Banned deucer.
Plz may I have a team for monotype, in the flying type built around:

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Whirlwind

Articuno @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Heal Bell
- Freeze-Dry

Ty in advance ;)

Tier: BH

Rayquaza-Mega @ Sky Plate
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Fake Out
- Sacred Fire
- Boomburst

Deoxys-Speed @ Lum Berry
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dark Void
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Description: Actually I wanted to adapt this team after the Primals ban, as it was the best team I've ever made. However, it went bad and I never got to ladder again. Since then, I struggle to build a successful team. On the mons, Mega Rayquaza is here because it is my favorite viable mon in the tier (Sacred Fire is the Steel-killing move of choice because the burn chance is cool and helps checking Imposter). Deoxys-S does not make a core with it, but it is a very good lead and I really like this set I made, as it is still very effective and catches most mons off-guard, so for now I've been using it on every team and I'm very happy with the results.
Playstyle: Any kind of offense

I am trying to build an offensive psychic monotype team around these two these two

Medicham-Mega @Medichamite Deoxys-speed @lightclay
Ability:Pure Power Abillity: Pressure
Evs: 4hp 252 Attack 252 Speed Evs: 252 hp 4 Def 252 Spe
Jolly Nature Timid Nature
-Bullet Punch -Light screen
-Thunder Punch/Ice Punch -Reflect
-Fake Out -Stealth rocks
-Zen Headbutt -Taunt

Description: The reason I want it to be these two are that deoxys-speed works as an effective lead being able to out-speed most pokemon in the tier being able to setup stealth rocks and with my set dual screens with light clay. But it is countered by diancie where medicham comes in Mega-medicham can easily kill diancie with bullet punch. However medicham is easy to revenge kill with almost anything. This leaves threats like Fast Flying types bulky fairies etc. I want to create a team like this to try out new playstyle
Playstyle: Offensive

It is me or no BH teams were built despite the requests?
Also I'd like to know if somebody is working on my team.

Sorry for being that impatient!

Ok, I think I've found an underrated sweeper in STABmons in the form of Mold Breaker Excadrill (it can beat Quagsire 1 on 1), but I'm not sure how to build a team for it. Here's the set:

Excadrill @ Air Balloon / Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Precipice Blades / Earthquake
- Stealth Rock / Rock Slide / filler

Desc.: This thing has a great ability called Mold Breaker, which lets its plow through Unaware (not that it already beats Clefable) and can even set up rocks on Magic Bounce mons. Shift Gear and STABs are self-explanatory. Excadrill's good natural bulk also allows it to not be revenge killed by the likes of Talonflame and FakeSpeeders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)