Tournament Other Metagames Premier League V - Signups CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Hello and welcome to the 5th iteration of the Other Metagames Premier League! Like last year, we will have six teams. We will also have six formats (Balanced Hackmons, Anything Goes, Monotype, Mix and Mega, Almost Any Ability, and Sketchmons). Each team will play one another for five weeks, and week six we will have finals between the two top seeded teams.

The date of the draft will be announced as soon as we have set a time where all managers and myself can meet. Teams will have 80K credits for the auction with a minimum bid of 3K credits. Managers are required to draft players for all 6 slots and a minimum of 2 subs. Managers will not be participating as players.

The following are the team names, managers, and assistant managers:

The Accelerating Aegiblades - Uselesscrab and Peef Rimgar
The Bedroom Blisseys - The Immortal and Quantum Tesseract
The Five-Star Jolteons - Ransei and ScarfWynaut
The King Kois - Eevee General and Official Fissure
The Optimistic Mimikyus - Pikachuun and OM room
The Untitled Unfezants - Bondie and Dream Eater Gengar

Include the following information in your signup post:

Pokemon Showdown name:
Preferred OMs:
Timezone:
Foreseen inactivity:

The metagames you can sign up for are:
  1. Almost Any Ability
  2. Anything Goes
  3. Balanced Hackmons
  4. Mix and Mega
  5. Monotype
  6. Sketchmons
Every week's winning team will be given 2 points, ties will give 1 and loss will give 0. This is how it's going to progress and finally the teams with the 2 highest total points will duke it out in finals week. In the event of 2 teams being tied for the finals spot, we will have a tiebreaker round.

Tiebreaker round rules: The most played meta from usage stats plus one metagame picked by each manager will give a bo3 game between the tied teams, ultimately deciding who goes onto finals.

Visit the Other Metas room on Pokemon Showdown! and the Other Metagames Discord to discuss the OMPL and to tryout for teams.

Thanks to The Immortal for allowing me to host this year and have fun everyone!

Sweet Jesus

Neal and Jack and me, absent lovers...
Pokemon Showdown name: Sweep Jesus
Preferred OMs: Balanced Hackmons
Timezone: EST/GMT-4
Foreseen inactivity: I'll probably be travelling for half the tourney, but I'm confident I can get battles done and have mastered the art of teambuilding BH teams I can giveout if I really can't play a game.

Last edited:
Pokemon Showdown name: Skyzuma
Preferred OM's: Anything Goes, Balanced Hackmons, Almost Anything Ability and Sketchmons (Also I would like some teams)
Timezone: GMT +1
Inactivity: Not yet! Edit: Somewhere around mid august

Last edited:

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Pokemon Showdown name: Funbot28
Preferred OMs: Mix and Mega / Almost Any Ability / Balanced Hackmons / Sketchmons / Anything Goes / Monotype / STABmons
Timezone: GMT -4
Foreseen inactivity: Usually work weekdays from 9-4. Besides that I'm free

Italicized being my most expertise, but comfortable with all

E: all

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)