Other Metagame of the Decade [Decade 1 - Shitmons V Weedmons]

Status
Not open for further replies.

EV

Banned deucer.
Let's see how much more we can drag out the faux metagame analysis of Final Destination!

Also, if someone wants to post a viability ranking in this thread, go ahead.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Let's see how much more we can drag out the faux metagame analysis of Final Destination!

Also, if someone wants to post a viability ranking in this thread, go ahead.
S Rank: The Immortal
The Immortal is honestly an awesome "Pokemon" in this format. The fact he can /forcewin himself every battle doesn't even give his opponent a chance! He should be banned.

A Rank:
B Rank:
C Rank:
D Rank:
E Rank: Xerneas
Xerneas is honestly an awful Pokemon in this metagame! It has never been able to KO a match, and while it is a great wall, it's so passive that it can only PP stall Pokemon.

After trying to get a match out of MAXIMUM HYPE for 10 hours and only getting 2 I think most ppl are faking. Also the person I fought both times was doing nothing but trying to stall so I asked if he was Adrian. He immediately forfeit both times after I asked him that so I'm pretty sure it's him. Glad to be undefeated tho.

What I gleaned from those battles is:
  1. people have no creativity and just want to use the best mon in the tier(Xerneas)
  2. this metagame RRRRRRREEEEEEAAAAAALLLLLLYYYYYY needs a species clause because it's just way too hard to adequately prepare for 6 Xerneas
All in all I really enjoyed those battles but plz ban outrage .crithx

I would like to wholeheartedly thank you for introducing the best metagame Smogon has ever seen to Pokemon Showdown. I just had the most exhilarating 288 turn battle of my life, and I couldn't be more thrilled. Mr Bones Wild Ride is the masterful creation of a genius, exemplifying perfect levels of balance, strategy, and entertainment. Its restrictions are its greatest accomplishment; only by having no option in Pokemon or moves can an objectively perfect tier be created. One could draw great parallels to the game of chess, though I think anyone who prefers chess over this fantastic metagame is simply blinded by nostalgia, or simply has poor taste. Furthermore, the strategy involved in chess could never reach the level of complexity demonstrated by this tier, and the satisfaction gained after a long match of thoroughly outplaying your opponent is simply unmatched.

Never get off Mr Bones Wild Ride.

Even though this is likely an April Fools joke, can we please make this a real thing Joim ? Its just so fun to have these ridiculous metas

We might want to lower the time selection frame though.

EDIT: I have found literally the best meta ever for OMotD
TOLETAZZA
No items, Toletazza only, Ireland.
Toletazza is obviously a Grass/Ireland type, and learns the move RACIST STEREOTYPICAL IRISH DANCE which forcewins. It is the race to speed tie.

Last edited:

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
And we're back, bros. Once again, I've used my time for complex tasks instead of the OM forums. I've had to work on having great holidays, getting drunk on import beer, and so on. Needless to say, I had to check on my beloved Other Metas... Just to find that @Eeevee General and The Immortal have made this place even worse, if that's possible.

I'm calling it a day and using my Smogon admin powers to overrule them. I hereby reinstante the OM OF THE DECADE. Feel free to discuss which one of the two epic, basically perfect metas deserves to be played in Showdown for the next ten years, give or take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)