Project ORAS Rarely Used Teambuilding Competition V5 [Week 31 -Voting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Kableye is the winner!

You next Pokemon is...

THIS IS THE MOST BROKEN POKEMON THAT YOUR EYES WILL EVER SEE!!! THIS FUCKING MONSTER HAS A BROKEN CHOICE BAND / LIFE ORB SET THAT MAKES THE FOE DISSENEGRATE!!!! IT ALSO HAS A DEFENSIVE SET THAT WILL LITERALLY KILL YOU IF YOU TOUCH IT!!! YOU MAY THINK YOU CAN HIT IT ON THE SPECIAL SIDE BUT ALL YOU GOT TO DP IS PUT ON THE MOST BROKEN ITEM OF ALL TIME, ASSAULT VEST!!!

SUBMISSIONS ARE FUCKING DUE ON JULY 2'ND

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Since no one posted team I'll be moving onto the next mon

Aggron is one hell of a wall breaker when using Choice Band. It has a powerful STAB move in Head Smash that becomes recoiless when combined with its ability. Coverage in Low Kick and Ice Punch also puts normal rock resist like Registeel and Flygon in a tough position as they may get severely damaged / OHKOed on the switch.

Submission are due July 26'th

Alright! So this is a sort of offensive team based around Aggron that also utilizes multiple win cons including Aerodactyl. Beginning with a classic Choice Band Aggron, I realized that Aerodactyl had good offensive synergy with it, being immune to Ground and being checked by Steel-types and bulky mons, which Aggron wears down i suppose. Aerodactyl is also great for speed control. Next, Virizion provides a Scald switch-in and a wallbreaker / wincon, plus an Electric switch-in. Slowking is the team's main wall / pivot and is very important for checking Medicham, Emboar, Hitmonlee, Meloetta and other threatening mons. The only problem is when Slowking gets statused and then it can't do its job for much longer. Hazards is what I really had in mind when I thought of adding Aerodactyl, so Omastar happened to be a solid fit, wielding Stealth Rock and Spikes. The decision to run Hitmonlee was based off of Omastar, because I wanted a way to remove hazards and keep mine own on the playing field. Lee also provides another way to break which is cool.

Okay so I recognize that this team has a few problems. It doesn't lose momentum easily, but has a fragile defensive core, if you can even call it that. Aggron happens to restrict teambuilding a lot so this team was hard to build. I'm relatively satisfied with the way the team is right now and it's great at facing offensive builds, BUT stuff like Mola and defensive Venusaur and Registeel builds seems to be a problem, especially with resistances in the back and hazard removal support, since this team doesn't directly threaten Flygon. I'll gladly take suggestions to improve the team; however, it has been doing remarkably well so far!

Savage beast (Aggron) @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Heavy Slam
- Low Kick
- Fire Punch

call of the wild (Aerodactyl) @ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Wing Attack
- Roost

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

kindly old king (Slowking) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock

Omastar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

Hitmonlee @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin

Last edited:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Started with Aggron and added Calm Mind Virizion since it acted similarly to the Tyrantrum + Virizion core I loved dearly. King was added to slow things for Aggron and pivot into Fire, Psychic, and Fighting-types. Next I added Fight to better deal with Virizion and non scarfed Fire-types. Also traps Magneton which is stupid this meta. Delphox with Trick + Calm Mind, if you Calm Mind on a predicted switch you can bluff it and snatch a KO on stuff like Aerodactyl which could be a problem. Finally Diancie checks Dark-types, gives Stealth Rock support, and lures in Flygon occasionally with Shuca.

Natural Disaster (Aggron) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Heavy Slam
- Ice Punch
- Low Kick

Verdant Blade (Virizion) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Coral Calamity (Slowking) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Shura (Dugtrio) @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Substitute
- Stone Edge

Kitsune (Delphox) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Switcheroo
- Calm Mind

Hope (Diancie) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell

Time to vote!!!
Rollout Shuckle
Take Azelfie

Deadline is July 7'th

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Take Azelfie

In order to gather some more attention in this thread Id recommend a freebie round (allow everyone build a team of their liking), that can do the trick. And dont be ashamed of advertising your stuff :V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)