Project ORAS PU Teambuilding Competition (See post #362)

Aliens

Beheeyem @ Leftovers
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Nasty Plot
- Signal Beam

Altaria @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Toxic
- Haze

Mawile @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Baton Pass
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Golem @ Choice Band
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

Lumineon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Defog
- U-turn

Dodrio @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Early Bird
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Frustration

For the Beheeyem set I have gone with SpD Nasty Plot which is a good blanket check for special attackers whilst also a good way for me to break Bulkier teams. Altaria was next because I wanted a good switch in to both Pawniard and Cacturne which can revenge kill Beheeyem pretty easily. Mawile gave me a good switch-in to Stoutland and a lot of other physical attackers that try to take advantage of Beheeyem's bad physical bulk. The next slot was originally Trapinch but after testing the team I realised I really needed another breaker and Golem can still benfit from Steel types being lured in by firing off powerful Earthquakes. Lumineon completed the core offering a water resist, defog and momentum to the team whilst I chose Dodrio as the last pokemon because it's a great revenge killer outspeeding most of the meta and benefits hugely from Steel Types being worn down.

SUBSPACE EMISSARY
Beheeyem @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Signal Beam

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 164 SpD / 92 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Slack Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fire Punch

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Pursuit
- Thunder Punch (For Water Types) / Ice Punch (For Altaria)

Leafeon @ Yache Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 1 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Floatzel @ Choice Band
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Return
- Ice Punch

Beheeyem has an huge offensive presense due to his high SPA and Analyitic, with his Defense EVs he is able to tank mons Such as Monferno, Bandless Leafeon to name a few. I chose to use CM so I could prepare better against Special Attackers, Ghost Type and Knock Off mons are the biggest threat against it. To beat Dark Types such as Pawniard and tank Special Attacks better I added Bulky Specially Defensive Monferno, with the great supporting move Will O Wisp, hhis EV Speeds help him to outspeed Pawniard and Pelipper, After that I needed something that could stand physical hits better (mainly Dodrio and stoutland) and that could use SR, Metang is perfect for this he also can Pursuit trap Mime and Grumpig Thunder Punch is a great lure fo Swanna and Floatzel and it makes him a great Monferno ally, then I needed a ground resist, that could live until the end of the battle. I chose Leafeon, as him Tanks Ground hits with no problem and can Knock Off support, also having a reliable recovery in Synthesis, My team is slow so I put 2 fast mons, Zebstrika being my electric immunity and Floatzel that is fast too and can Revenge Kill faster mons thanks to it's priority.

Vote! Your options are:

Aliens

Beheeyem @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Nasty Plot
- Signal Beam

Altaria @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Toxic
- Haze

Mawile @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Baton Pass
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Golem @ Choice Band
Ability: Sturdy
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

Lumineon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Defog
- U-turn

Dodrio @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Early Bird
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Frustration

For the Beheeyem set I have gone with SpD Nasty Plot which is a good blanket check for special attackers whilst also a good way for me to break Bulkier teams. Altaria was next because I wanted a good switch in to both Pawniard and Cacturne which can revenge kill Beheeyem pretty easily. Mawile gave me a good switch-in to Stoutland and a lot of other physical attackers that try to take advantage of Beheeyem's bad physical bulk. The next slot was originally Trapinch but after testing the team I realised I really needed another breaker and Golem can still benfit from Steel types being lured in by firing off powerful Earthquakes. Lumineon completed the core offering a water resist, defog and momentum to the team whilst I chose Dodrio as the last pokemon because it's a great revenge killer outspeeding most of the meta and benefits hugely from Steel Types being worn down.

SUBSPACE EMISSARY
Beheeyem @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Signal Beam

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 164 SpD / 92 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Slack Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fire Punch

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Pursuit
- Thunder Punch (For Water Types) / Ice Punch (For Altaria)

Leafeon @ Yache Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 1 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Floatzel @ Choice Band
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Return
- Ice Punch

Beheeyem has an huge offensive presense due to his high SPA and Analyitic, with his Defense EVs he is able to tank mons Such as Monferno, Bandless Leafeon to name a few. I chose to use CM so I could prepare better against Special Attackers, Ghost Type and Knock Off mons are the biggest threat against it. To beat Dark Types such as Pawniard and tank Special Attacks better I added Bulky Specially Defensive Monferno, with the great supporting move Will O Wisp, hhis EV Speeds help him to outspeed Pawniard and Pelipper, After that I needed something that could stand physical hits better (mainly Dodrio and stoutland) and that could use SR, Metang is perfect for this he also can Pursuit trap Mime and Grumpig Thunder Punch is a great lure fo Swanna and Floatzel and it makes him a great Monferno ally, then I needed a ground resist, that could live until the end of the battle. I chose Leafeon, as him Tanks Ground hits with no problem and can Knock Off support, also having a reliable recovery in Synthesis, My team is slow so I put 2 fast mons, Zebstrika being my electric immunity and Floatzel that is fast too and can Revenge Kill faster mons thanks to it's priority.
I know that ORAS PU has hella slowed down, so I won't be coming up with any more cores until Su/Mo PU in June. (Hopefully I'll be allowed to continue with it because this thread was decently successful.) However, if you want to start a new round, PM or VM me a core and I'll make a new week around it.

Thanks for all the support, guys! We got to 15 pages, which was the initial "goal" set by Magnemite. I was pretty happy about that.

Last edited:
Taskr wins! Congrats on winning our final normal week, and also congrats on winning the most weeks overall with 4!

Again, let me know if you want another week to build around a mon of your choice; I'll be happy to oblige. I was considering some of Anty's cool sets he posted, so I wouldn't be surprised to see one of those.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)