Project ORAS PU Teambuilding Competition (See post #362)

Approved by Magnemite
Latest incarnation stolen from Take Azelfie
Most recent active thread here by Anty (as tradition, original post will be mostly copypasta)
Sweet art credit Reigaheres

teambuildingcompbanner.png

Hello and welcome to the fourth edition of the PU Teambuilding Competition! The goal of this project is to observe and better understand how experienced PU players go about building their teams around a particular core. It's also a great way to improve and refine your own teambuilding skills, or just simply learn how others do it! Anyone is free to participate and I encourage as much discussion as possible; however, I'd like to point out that you do not have to post a team to contribute to this thread. Feedback is allowed and actually preferred in this thread, so if you have comments or concerns about someone's team, don't be afraid to post it! The process is as follows:

Each round, I will choose a core of two Pokemon (or only one Pokemon sometimes). It is then up to you to build a team around it, designing sets, teammates, roles, and everything in between. Identifying weaknesses, strategies, and so forth are key parts of teambuilding and I'm quite interested to see how that carries through in this thread. I also hope to emphasize a lot of creativity with this as well—new gems and underrated Pokemon and cores are popping up all the time, and hopefully this thread can bring about a lot of new discoveries about the metagame! After the submission period is over (which will be about four days) I will announce the voting period, where you will get two days to vote on what you think is the best team. By the end of the voting period, the votes will be tallied and team with the most votes will be archived in the Hall of Fame I will be posting below, and the process will start again with a new core.

In case you decided not to read those two paragraphs, the submission process will last four days, and the voting process will last two days. I would like to keep this thread moving; however, this is subject to change if people feel like they're being rushed.

Ground Rules:
  • Your post should not offend my sense of aesthetics and/or morals. Keep insane sprites to a minimum (please no anime clips of mons, basically) and nothing too huge. However, a few sprites of the team members would be helpful as a sort of overview, but it isn't 100% required ('-'). Overall, use common sense.
  • When posting a submission, keep both your team and your description in hide tags to minimize the amount of scrolling needed to get through a page. Nobody wants carpel tunnel due to your laziness.
  • Make sure you have a description of how the team works. We want to understand your though process through the creation of the team. It's fine and dandy if you spend an hour making your team, testing, reworking, and post it, but we don't need to spend the same amount of time figuring out how your team works.
  • Follow Wheaton's Law. This basically means don't insult other people if you think their team/certain set on their team are suboptimal. Instead, politely point it out like a civilized person so we can all be a bit happier. If you disagree with someone, discussion is encouraged.
  • If you decide to make edits to the team, please note the edits in the post. You're allowed to edit as much as you want until voting starts. (Tbh I won't really mind minor edits, but earlier is better.)
  • Finally, be creative! Use unconventional mons and/or sets if you think they work the best for your team (please no outright memes though.) In other words, make cool teams!
Whew!

Teams currently being built around:

Scheduled weeks of this project have concluded. See you in Sun and Moon!

Last edited:
Last edited:
fswa.png

Pop Style. (Floatzel) @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Ice Punch

I Got The Keys. (Leafeon) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Synthesis
- Swords Dance

Go Flex. (Grumpig) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Thunder Wave

Too Young. (Stunfisk) @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn

Champions. (Lapras) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Freeze-Dry
- Substitute
- Toxic

Guwop Home. (Vullaby) @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 SpD
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Floatzel- Part of the core including leafeon which we were building around. Hydro was chosen since its a really strong STAB move while ice beam was chosen to damage bulky grasses such as Quiladin and Gourgeist-XL and Tangela which Leafeon like to have removed/weakened. HP Electric to damage the likes of Pelipper and Swanna which both are very good checks too leafeon. Now Ice Punch was just for damaging roselia which walls this set.
Leafeon- The mon that rounds out the core and also the one who usually sweeps. Leaf Blade was chosen as strong stab, Knock Off for nice utility, Swords Dance to boost its attack which helps for the sweep. Synthesis too provide some reliable recovery and also a better ground check.
Grumpig- Grumpig is a very cool partner to this core since it helps with the Rotom weaknesses (both spin and frost) and also freeze dryers such as Lapras and Articuno. Psychic is strong STAB, Focus Blast hits those pesky steels (even tho you never hit ;). Thunderwave slow down mons for leafeon such as Floatzel, Simisear,etc. Shadow Ball hits ghosts, opposing Grumpigs, and Metangs.
Stunfisk- I Noticed a Pawniard and Monferno weakness while also needing a rocker it also prevent voltturn from stuff such as Ninjask and Zebstrika. Earth Power and Discharge were nice stab and Discharge has a nice chance to paralyze. Stealth Rock limits switching and really not much to explain. Yawn may seem weird but it's nice and causes alot of switchin and mindgames (also annoys tf out the opponents.
Lapras- At this point i noticed i was still very weak to ice types as well as water types lapras seemed to fit so i added it in. I am not using the typical specs lapras since i wanted it to switch moves freely whilst still checking what it needs to so sub-toxic also annoys balance/stall. Hydro is just very powerful stab and Freeze-Dry may be weeker than Ice Beam but it hits Water Types supereffectivly which is a plus.
Vullaby- I needed a defogger and a grass check since Leafeon and Simisage wrecked so vullaby fits the bill. You may be wondering about the spread but it lives 3 focus blasts from full from Modest Cacturne which is also a threat. Foul Play is used to hit physically powerful pokemon or sweepers. U-turn Provides some nice momentum. Roost is for longevity and Defog for getting rid of rocks

P.S Having no normal check can be kinda tough but typically you can play around them with stunfisk and vullaby.

Last edited:

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam

Leafeon @ Choice Band
Ability: Leaf Guard
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Frustration
- Aerial Ace

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Discharge
- Toxic

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Floatzel @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Beam
- Aqua Jet
- Frustration

I chose to take the sets from the post unchanged. Choice Band Leafeon should weaken the opposing team early-game, while Floatzel cleans up mid- to late-game. So, first thing I choose Aerial Ace on Leafeon to catch Monferno on the switch. The opponent will most likely notice Leafeon is Banded at some point in the game; the plan is to switch out of Moneferno a couple of times to lure them into thinking Leafeon can't touch it and then use Aerial Ace to get that surprise KO. To do this, however, a reliable Monferno switch is needed. The most reliable I think is Stunfisk, and it can also provice Stealth Rock, paralysis, and Toxic support. A weakness to Ice is more than evident, especially to Freeze Dry. To partially solve this problem I chose Cryogonal, which is able to check both Lapras and Articuno, and it's also able to switch into the latter, outspeed it, and use Recover before it acts. I choose to run Toxic on it because otherwise it cannot deal damage to them in return, but in most cases it will force special attackers out and having a switch-in poisoned providing residual damage for Floatzel and Leafeon, which greatly appreciate it to get KOs more easily. I though about running Spikes for the same reason, though most viable Spikes users either have a bad typing and stack too many common weaknesses (Roselia, Quilladin), or have too little offensive presence (Smeargle, Glalie), hence the choice to run double Toxic. Pawniard is my next choice since it can deal with Clefairy and Duosion, two Pokemon that otherwise might easily set up given the proper conditions. Pawniard also somewhat deals with Ninjask and Zebstrika thanks to Sucker Punch, since both these Pokemon, especially the former, can become annoying. Misdreavus is my last choice; finding something that can reliably deal with Golem can be surpiringly difficult, but Misdreavus is pretty good at it and is a decently powerful special attacker in general. Double status capitalizes on Hex and, again, greatly helps both Floatzel and Leafeon. The given Speed EVs allow it to outspeed Cacturne and paralyze, burn, or attack it before it acts, though pay attention to Sucker Punch. Lastly, both Pawniard and Misdreavus can check Normal-types in case Stunfisk is weakened already or has fainted (which should not happen if Stoutland or Dodrio are still around)

Problems: Machoke, Monkeys (though can be played around since it's easy to understand which set they are running), physical Floatzel if not dealt with appropriately, ladder specials like 252 HP 252+ Def Raichu.
Apparent problems: lack of solid resistances to types like Fire and Water, but with a bit of common sense and careful play all the problems go away!!

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun

Breathe of Wild (Leafeon) @ Yache Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Return

Sail (Floatzel) @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Toxic

Grave Keeper (Dusknoir) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Silver Bullet (Metang) @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

Trail Blaze (Monferno) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch

Ectoplasma (Rotom-Fan) @ Expert Belt
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hidden Power [Water]

Physical Floatzel seemed redundant so I added special with Toxic because fuck Audino. Yache Berry + SD Leafeon can lure and beat some of Floatzel's problem while also being a sweeper. From there my process got all jumbled up. But I'll skip that and just say what I have right now. Dusknoir was added to pressure Misdreavoud, Grumpig, and Metang while adding priority, decent Boufallant answer to which is neat. Metang was added for Poison switch in and defensive response to Mr. Meme and answer offensive Psychics. SD Monferno to beat down Gourgeist for my teammates and add a powerful priority. Life Orb makes me puke so I used Eviolite. Rotom-Spin helps with checking Ground-types with its immunity, wisp, and EBelt + HP Water. I also need momentum because that's the type of player I am. Terrakion told me to change HP Grass to Water for Camel so s/o to him.

Last edited:

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Leafeon @ Yache Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Return

Floatzel @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Beam
- Aqua Jet

Lapras @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt

Vibrava @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost
- Earthquake

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Carbink @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
Leafeon is the late-game sweeper. It should generally wait to set up until the other team is weakened and all the faster pokemon are eliminated. The offensive combination of Floatzel and Lapras is intended to wear down the opposing team in preparation for Leafeon to clean up. Specs Lapras should be used very early in the match to rip holes in the opponent's defensive core. Floatzel is pretty flexible and can be played at any point during the match, but is generally best in mid-game after Lapras has done its job. With Lapras doing most of the work early on, it needed something that can switch into Electric attacks. Vibrava fills the role of Electric and Ground immunity, as well as Rock check and hazard control. It can switch in on a number of pokemon that will try to revenge kill Lapras or Floatzel, defog any hazards away, and pivot out using U-turn to keep up momentum. Mr. Mime is primarily on the team to provide a reliable Healing Wish, which will usually be used to heal Lapras and get it in safely for another round of wallbreaking. Of course Mr. Mime can function as a revenge killer too, but it's mostly just a suicide cleric. Carbink is a fun wall that I use as my Normal switch-in, hazard setter, and overall check to special attackers. It has pretty good type synergy with the rest of the team because Lapras can switch in on Water attacks and Vibrava can switch in on Ground or Steel attacks. Grass is a bit of a concern, but Vibrava can take unboosted Grass moves reasonably well and then switch out to Floatzel, which revenge kills most Grass types. Carbink is also a great check to Zebstrika, Dodrio, and Vullaby, all of which need to be eliminated before Leafeon can set up.

To be perfectly honest I've only tested this team a little because I haven't had much time and I won't have much more time before the deadline. However, I did get a great replay against ShuckleDeath. The replay was before I added Earth Power on Carbink, so dealing with Probopass was a little more problematic than it should have been.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-419646984

Floatzel @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Brick Break
- Ice Punch

Leafeon @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor
- Synthesis
- Knock Off

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dark Void
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Parting Shot

Electabuzz @ Eviolite
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Mr. Mime @ Life Orb
Ability: Soundproof
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball

Magmar @ Eviolite
Ability: Vital Spirit
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Mach Punch

This team is Hyper Offense based around Smeargle's Sticky Web. As this is HO I decided not to use a Defog/Rapid Spin counter and to just rely on my teams offensive pressure to deter such moves. (I did think about Misdreavus but decided that Mr. Mime's better stats and typing would allow me to check more threats, namely Muk) Floatzel is a very powerful mon with the Choice Band on and he is also my fall back with Jolly if my webs do somehow get removed. Leafeon has high defense which is very useful when you don't have a real wall and can switch in on many physical attackers. It also completely shuts down Golem which I have been seeing more and more of lately. Electabuzz is generally my anti Defog/Rapid Spin, between Thunderbolt and Focus Blast most of the Spinners and Defoggers get OHKOed. Electabuzz, along with Magmar also have increased defenses which is quite useful on this team. Finally, Magmar is my counter to three of the top threats in PU, Rotom-F, Cacturne and Leafeon. I used him over Simisear predominately for the increased defenses. This team has an answer for all of the Pokemon ranked A+ or better on the rankings besides Stoutland. A typical Stoutland will be able to KO one of my Pokemon before I wear it down. I did run into a problem with Sand Rush Stout but decided that very few people use it and wasn't worth countering. (I faced the same guy twice on the ladder smh).

My entry in the Float + Leaf core building challenge

sets
S-pecial (Floatzel) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Leafyisfaraway (Leafeon) @ Yache Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aerial Ace
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade

Fabulous (Rapidash) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Drill Run
- Wild Charge
- Megahorn

cryolat (Cryogonal) @ Never-Melt Ice
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Freeze-Dry
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Voltlyfe (Zebstrika) @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

It's been (Mawile) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass

Description

S-pecial (Floatzel) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

I've been wanting to use taunt floatzel for a while now because i wanted something that will always stop cosmic power/sub/baton pass/ taunt or thunder wave lopunny, so this was the perfect oppurtunity. Ofcourse running taunt means that this Float will need to be special which is why it is. It's Hydro pump + ice beam functions as this teams offensive answer to gound/fire/grass/flying types hp electric is for swanna and pelipper as well as opposing water types at low health. Taunt is used to shutdown mons that depend on their non attacking moves to function Clefairy and the afformentioned lopunny come to mind.

Leafyisfaraway (Leafeon) @ Yache Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aerial Ace
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade

Leafeon forms the other part of the core and is this teams set-up sweeper, leafblade is it's powerful stab and knock off and Frustration are nice coverage. Aerial Ace is a lure for Ferno since this team really hates that thing. Can be used as an antilead to golem bluffing the bulletseed.

Fabulous (Rapidash) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Drill Run
- Wild Charge
- Megahorn

So i figured i'd finish the float/leaf core with a fire type and eventually i settled on a scarf dash, it's here first and foremost as an offensive check to Rotom-Frost. It's ability also lets it turn this teams fire type weakness on it's head, threatening to drill run most offensive fire type move users and to flare blitz any WoW-ers, though you have to watch out you don't get predicted as dash like most mons on this team doesn't like taking hits. Megahorn over the recently popularized baton pass because Mawile already has it + it's my only bug move which is nice for those psychic types.

cryolat (Cryogonal) @ Never-Melt Ice
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Freeze-Dry
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Cryo is the teams rapid spinner and semi special wall. HP ground was chosen over HP Fighting because the team was still fairly weak to Monferno after being worn down, so i figured another lure would help with that problem, this does mean that Cryo loses it's ability to 1v1 other special ice types like subwisp rotom-f and other Cryo's (though it is faster), so beware.

Voltlyfe (Zebstrika) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I realised I still needed an electric immunity and a voltswitcher so i figured i'd combine them into one thus the explanation for zebby in this team. I also noticed that Fire + Electric can really do wonders against opposing teams once most SR-setters are gone, just watch out for the Flygon line and this thing will be A OK.

It's been (Mawile) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass

And finally the rocker/normal resist/SD passer of the team Def Mawile is pretty passive espicially compared to the res of the team, but since it's job is to neuter various offensive mons, it makes up for it because this means it will then usually get an opportunity to either set up rocks or SD up and baton pass away. It can also do this against other passive mons like Gourgeist preferably those with physically offensive moves. Knock off is to cripple mons that rely on their item which as this thing doesn't mind getting statussed

Replays (please note that the nicknames may not be the same)

EDIT: i should probably note that this is an offensive team meaning it mostly relies on it's offensive checks to deal with mons.

Last edited:

To be honest, I had little experience with Leafeon cause I'm a Jumpluff advocate so this was a new thing for me. I decided that I wanted to use Banded Leafeon with Bullet Seed as it puts so much pressure on offensive teams from turn 1 preventing a lot of suicide leads like Golem, Smeargle, Rampardos etc. from setting up their hazards. A lot of offensive teams rely on that Stealth Rock chip damage to get important KOs. Since I was banded Leafeon, I went with standard LO Floatzel with Baton Pass to gain momentum. Next I decided to use Regice to help against Rotom-S and Rotom-F then added Grumpig to help check Monferno and provide Thunder Wave + Taunt utility along with Regice's Thunder Wave. Lumineon was added as with the team I knew I would be switching a lot so I wanted some Defog support while being able to handle strong rock types if I got outplayed with Leafeon lead such as Golem. Lastly, electrics were really scary, especially Nasty Plot Raichu so I added Camerupt as I also needed Stealth Rocks for le damage on switch ins. You still get dicked by Nasty Plot Surf Raichu so pray that Floatzel hasn't lost its vision that match and lands Hydro Pump.

Leafeon @ Choice Band
Ability: Leaf Guard
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- X-Scissor

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Baton Pass

Regice @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Grumpig @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

Lumineon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Toxic
- U-turn

Camerupt @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Protect

I only have one replay because I forgot to save them in the tournament I participated in. This is from the finals: FUCK SDEF ARTICUNO http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-420131255

Leafeon @ Yache Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Aerial Ace

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Mawile @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Stealth Rock
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Monferno @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Mach Punch

Dusknoir @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

-Leafeon provides me a great offensive sweeper while also checking ground and rock type pokemon, decided to use the classic swords dance set, i considered choice band but an extra sweeper is always cool since mawile may end up being defeated, After that, i decided to add Floatzel. Ended up using the special set because my team was quite lacking special attackers. At this point i realized that the team was pretty weak to electric types, Zebstrika can remedy that and it forms a fast offensive core alongside Floatzel, Mawile is used for two things: Stealth Rock and Baton Pass plus it deals with Vullaby and attackers like Dodrio and Stoutland, 3 pokemon on the team may receive a baton passed swords dance boost, one of them is Monferno and i decided to go with Choice Scarf to make the team faster Monferno is also nice because it helps the team beating Pawniard and Special Cacturne, he last member of the team is Dusknoir is a strong attacker, blocks Boomburst from Chatot and traps Mr.Mime and Grumpig, easing the matchup against them.

Last edited:
Breathe of Wild (Leafeon) @ Yache Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Return

Sail (Floatzel) @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Toxic

Grave Keeper (Dusknoir) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Silver Bullet (Metang) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

Trail Blaze (Monferno) @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch

Ectoplasma (Rotom-Fan) @ Expert Belt
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hidden Power [Water]

Physical Floatzel seemed redundant so I added special with Toxic because fuck Audino. Yache Berry + SD Leafeon can lure and beat some of Floatzel's problem while also being a sweeper. From there my process got all jumbled up. But I'll skip that and just say what I have right now. Dusknoir was added to pressure Misdreavoud, Grumpig, and Metang while adding priority, decent Boufallant answer to which is neat. Metang was added for Poison switch in and defensive response to Mr. Meme and answer offensive Psychics. SD Monferno to beat down Gourgeist for my teammates and add a powerful priority. Life Orb makes me puke so I used Eviolite. Rotom-Spin helps with checking Ground-types with its immunity, wisp, and EBelt + HP grass. I also need momentum because that's the type of player I am.
Fix HP Water in the description and you're welcome!

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
goddamn. that's a lot of fuckin teams.

My favorite of the teams is probably either Acast's or Rebel Pawniards' but one that I like that I think looks real good too is Terrakion's

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Terrakion's definitely stands out to me the most despite the wimpy floatzel set

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)