Project ORAS OU Underdog v3

Edit: Forgot diggersby existed which has more attack power than marowak :pirate: but marowak is cooler, has more defence and not being weak to fighting is something over diggersby and still manages to get the kills it wants anyways
Diggersby tho?

Another option is Trick Room. Now, your various setters (Cress, Slowking, Reun, Cofag, Hoopa-C, etc.) tend to not like Knock Offs themselves, so ideally your team is Marowak+one or more setters+Dark resist (+other stuff). Trick Room itself suffers as a playstyle due to the lack of an auto-setter or item extending its duration, meaning your setters must be able to hold their own offensively. (Fortunately, most of the common ones can do so.) But TR allows you to invest in bulk due to the lack of Speed EVs, thus greatly increasing Marowak's staying power. Marowak's 45 base speed, a liability under standard conditions, becomes godly under twisted dimensions, and with the added bulk it can live even the strongest priority hits--Band Talonflame does 66.6 - 78.7% (vs. 252/4), Band Weavile's Ice Shard does 52.4 - 62.9%, LO Bisharp's Sucker Punch 47.2 - 55.8%. (Marowak can then easily nail all of these with the appropriate move.)

Diggersby tho?

Another option is Trick Room. Now, your various setters (Cress, Slowking, Reun, Cofag, Hoopa-C, etc.) tend to not like Knock Offs themselves, so ideally your team is Marowak+one or more setters+Dark resist (+other stuff). Trick Room itself suffers as a playstyle due to the lack of an auto-setter or item extending its duration, meaning your setters must be able to hold their own offensively. (Fortunately, most of the common ones can do so.) But TR allows you to invest in bulk due to the lack of Speed EVs, thus greatly increasing Marowak's staying power. Marowak's 45 base speed, a liability under standard conditions, becomes godly under twisted dimensions, and with the added bulk it can live even the strongest priority hits--Band Talonflame does 66.6 - 78.7% (vs. 252/4), Band Weavile's Ice Shard does 52.4 - 62.9%, LO Bisharp's Sucker Punch 47.2 - 55.8%. (Marowak can then easily nail all of these with the appropriate move.)
Thanks man for pointing out Trick Room, just built a trick room team around marowak and it works like wonders so you made now do a part 2 trick room edition on marowak

Marowak: Part 2 Trick Room Edition (the better version imo)

Marowak @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Bonemerang
- Double-Edge
- Fire Punch

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Def
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Cresselia @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 220 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Lunar Dance

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Def / 16 SpD
Brave Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Diancie @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast

In my last post while working on it I honestly just completely forgot about diggersby being a thing and actually outclasses marowak in most situations, thankfully thanks to jordanthejq12 for pointing out trick room, I didn't give up on marowak and made a cool trick room team around it while not a great play style, marowak's bulk and attack power and while bad speed works amazing under trick room which is a big and an actual advantage it has over diggersby, investing 252 hp and 252 atk, Brave and 0 speed ivs works best for marowak as it enables to be bulky, strong and while being under trick room outspeeds so many pokemon barring ferrothorn and priority attacks, also from my last marowak post I still reccomend having sword dance, bonemerang, fire punch and double edge as the marowak set but you can also run alternatives moves like knock off over double edge but doubles edge just hits flying type mons alot better and more powerful as well while fire punch still hits tangrowth, skarmory and ferrothorn.

Any good partners for marowak?

Pokemon that can set up trick room like cress and reuniclus are very good, cress provides a nice lunar dance which is good recovery option for marowak and frens while reuniclus is good for extra power for team, Diancie is very good partner as it sets up rocks and yet trick room again, pokemon that can abuse trick room and helps resists dark type and ice types pokemon like azumarill and mega heracross

What threats marowak?

Now since this time you'll be using marowak under trick room, the main weaknesses is trick room itself since it only lasts for 4 turns and pokemon I mentioned previously in my other marowak post on this thread like strong special attackers like latios and very strong physical STABmons like crawdaunt and azumarill, finally you have to be aware of the rare scald burners like quagsire and gastrodon but you can always get re healed by cress and still does a lot of damage even being burned.

However for this marowak set for trick room teams, being extra bulky really helps marowak becoming a monster in the battlefield and honestly still works even without the trick room support and can tank hits from mega lopunny, mega charizard x (without a dragon dance) and excadrill while marowak just easily finishes these pokemon off, I recommend giving marowak a go and its super fun to use

Here is a replay of marowak demolishing up landorus-t, taking out excadrill and weakening keldeo while having -1 in one game while not the best of replays, It still shows of the power of marowak.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-439241915

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
My thoughts on some of the mons:
- Earth Power is one of the few reasons to use this over other offensive Grass-Types. It shines against the balanced teams that are based of FWG cores because the Grass-Type is often either Ferrothorn or PDef Tangrowth and the Fire-Type is often Heatran or Talonflame. Talonflame of course isn't in favor of Shaymin, but some good checks to it like TTar and Rotom-W pair up pretty well with Shaymin. In my opinion Shaymin works better than other Grasses like Serperior against these teams because it is able to beat both Ferrothorn/Tangrowth and Heatran and has Natural Cure so pokemon like Rotom-W and Slowbro can't cripple it. If you're not weak to these FWG balanced teams, just use Serperior or Tangrowth; if you're going to use Psychic, just use Celebi and if you're going to use HP Rock / HP Ice just use Serperior.

- Not worth using over Seismitoad. I know that it has more bulk (9% physical, 13% special) but that doesn't weigh up against the higher speed (base 60s, mzor, specs zone, some azu's), Knock Off and Water Absorb Seismitoad has to offer. Roar is something Seismitoad doesn't have but if Roar Swampert actually improves your team there went something wrong before in the teambuilding phase.

- I don't really see why I won't just use Diggersby, Landorus-T, Garchomp or Excadrill as my offensive Ground-Type. Trick Room is a gimmicky playstyle to begin with and there are better wallbreakers available than Marowak. It doesn't have the utility to check threats to Trick Room like pokemon such as Mega Hera, Mega Amphy, and Tyranitar or the ability to perform outside of Trick Room as well as Crawdaunt and Azumarill.
---------
Some Underdogs I like to use:
- Mentioned this before in a post in the Metagame Discussion thread. Does well in this metagame filled with Mega Sableye, Zard-X, Birdspam and other physical wallbreakers like Weavile and Mega Lopunny. Post here

- Putting these together because I like to use them as a core. Scrafty isn't as 'good' as it used to be because pokemon like Clefable, Mega Heracross and Mega Pinsir are used more than ever before. The Bulk Up set (Rest / BU / Knock Off / Drain Punch) can still be surprisingly effective against bulky offensive teams. It's pretty weak without a few boosts but it's not too difficult to get those because it can set up against pokemon like Heatran, Lando-T, Mega Sableye, Rotom-W and Scarf Excadrill. I like to use Doublade with Scrafty because it can counter and Pursuit trap stuff like Mega Medicham, Mega Gardevoir, Jirachi and Latios, while also being able to cripple pokemon like Landorus-T and Talonflame with Toxic. Sets

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus

Tornadus @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 76 SpD / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

So this set is basically made to sweep/wallbreak bulky offense and hyper offensive teams which are running around a lot in the ou meta at the moment. It can beat a ton off stuff 1v1 which is the key for this set to work at all, it beats strong hitters like metagross on the switch-in, lopunny, latios, excadrill, talonflame, tornadus-t, life orb weavile and beats other more passive pokemon like clefable, scizor, slowbro, jirachi, sableye, basically anything which isn't an electric or rock type, making dugtrio or status setters like mew, heatran to status or ko these pokemon for it to sweep, and defog/spin support is very important. I also think this set is the best shot for tornadus-i in this meta as tornadus-t just does everything else it can do better. the pokemon it competes for spot on a team is bulk up talonflame, but tornadus has the edge in both not being 4x rock weak or weak to water types (aqua jet) it also has priority bulk up and can achieve pseudo gale wings with prankster sleep talk.

the ev's does some amazing things considering rocks is off the field!

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Icicle Crash vs. +1 248 HP / 16 Def Tornadus: 299-354 (82.8 - 98%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Ice Punch vs. +2 248 HP / 16 Def Tornadus: 152-180 (42.1 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Mega Lopunny Return vs. +1 248 HP / 16 Def Tornadus: 151-178 (41.8 - 49.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (ice punch is weaker btw)

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 76 SpD Tornadus: 304-359 (84.2 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 76 SpD Tornadus: 294-346 (81.4 - 95.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

the speed ev's are for base 100's the defensive ev's are now obvious.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-448089258

Hello everyone, i was redirected here from the OU metagame discussion thread so i'm just reposting what i said there.

Wanted to share a team i've been using recently that seems to be putting in work

*edit*
hey guys i was looking through all the other posts made to this thread and i realized mine was a bit lazy, so i took a look at the viability ranking thread just to look at what weezing can switch in on and it occurred to me that weezing seems to function as a worse rotom-w switching in on certain foes and burning them, but with out volt switching so i tried to find ways to justify using weezing over rotom so here's what i've come up with so far, firstly weezing functions similar to the dual status klefki thats so popular in ubers, neutering powerful threads with will-o similar to t-wave, and toxic wearing down bulky threats, also it takes certain hits far better then rotom-w allowing it to 1v1 some mons far better then rotom

here are some mons that weezing can deal with
+2 252+ Atk Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing: 164-194 (49.1 - 58%) -- 64.5% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery i originally decided to use weezing because i was watching a replay where ben gay used weezing and i saw it tank a +4 stone edge from landorus
252 SpA Mega Diancie Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Weezing: 120-142 (35.9 - 42.5%) -- 95.8% chance to 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery can't beat this mon but can switch in and beat a weakened diancie
252 Atk Mega Lopunny Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing: 109-130 (32.6 - 38.9%) -- 10% chance to 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
+2 252+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing: 136-162 (40.7 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing: 122-146 (36.5 - 43.7%) -- 99.5% chance to 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
+2 252 Atk Mega Heracross Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing: 225-270 (67.3 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery can't beat but can switch in and burn
+2 252+ Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing: 238-282 (71.2 - 84.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery can beat if talon switches in with stealth rocks, weezing toxics as it roosts because venoshock 2HKOs after this
+3 252+ Atk Altaria Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing: 129-152 (38.6 - 45.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recover can potentially beat any set except for special
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Technician Breloom Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing: 147-174 (44 - 52%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery can potentially beat any set
[\HIDE]

what makes weezing some what viable is its ability to be a more of a offensive in the role of a defensive pivot, while it can't take hits from some mons it can takes hits from others and be threatening with the threat of having to switch into either toxic or will-o venoshock is used because it can beat clef if it switches in on toxic, and explosion is used to grab momentum, because of this pokemons lack of recovery i think its better played more aggressively. When i made this team i kind of thought of it as a bulky offence team disguised as a semi-stall team i'm not sure if i'm getting my terms right, but i think you guys get the gist of it.

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic
- Venoshock
- Explosion

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 36 HP / 220 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell
- Moonlight

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Crawdaunt @ Splash Plate
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Goodra @ Draco Plate
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake

wanted to build a team around weezing, figured wish passing alomomola would help to patch up its lack of recovery, the clef set is a bit dumb i'll admit, i just made it that way for role compression, mega-sciz is a great blanket check for a bunch of mons, really helps in stopping mons like mega ala, or latios from wrecking my team, craw is my go to stall breaker, with a splash plate crabhammer 2HKOing unaware quag and clef, picked Goodra because i needed something to stop nasty plot thundy, and other electrics, ended up putting in a lot more work than i thought it would, most of these sets i grabbed from the smogon dex analysis guide thing, and tweaked a little, best change i made was swapping thunderbolt on goodra for eq, made heatran go from straight up walling my whole team to being not much of a threat. Team is weak to a lot of stuff, such as dragons (my answer to char is toxicing it with weezing, then protect stalling with alo) and gets work down easily, so it'd be really cool if a pro player could test it out and make some changes. here are some replays if any one is interested, just used the first games i played.

Last edited:

3d

継続は力なり
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender

Tornadus @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 76 SpD / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

So this set is basically made to sweep/wallbreak bulky offense and hyper offensive teams which are running around a lot in the ou meta at the moment. It can beat a ton off stuff 1v1 which is the key for this set to work at all, it beats strong hitters like metagross on the switch-in, lopunny, latios, excadrill, talonflame, tornadus-t, life orb weavile and beats other more passive pokemon like clefable, scizor, slowbro, jirachi, sableye, basically anything which isn't an electric or rock type, making dugtrio or status setters like mew, heatran to status or ko these pokemon for it to sweep, and defog/spin support is very important. I also think this set is the best shot for tornadus-i in this meta as tornadus-t just does everything else it can do better. the pokemon it competes for spot on a team is bulk up talonflame, but tornadus has the edge in both not being 4x rock weak or weak to water types (aqua jet) it also has priority bulk up and can achieve pseudo gale wings with prankster sleep talk.

the ev's does some amazing things considering rocks is off the field!

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Icicle Crash vs. +1 248 HP / 16 Def Tornadus: 299-354 (82.8 - 98%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Ice Punch vs. +2 248 HP / 16 Def Tornadus: 152-180 (42.1 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Mega Lopunny Return vs. +1 248 HP / 16 Def Tornadus: 151-178 (41.8 - 49.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (ice punch is weaker btw)

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 76 SpD Tornadus: 304-359 (84.2 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 76 SpD Tornadus: 294-346 (81.4 - 95.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

the speed ev's are for base 100's the defensive ev's are now obvious.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-448089258
I've been testing with this set a bit, and why not use 208+ speed on torn for mega pinsir. I guess it does lose out on living Latios' draco but if this set is supposed to "wallbreak" you don't really need the spdef to tank latios' draco, thats just my opinion though feel free to let me know what u think.

• The Bad Krooko :

Aaah, you guys dont know how much time i have waited for a tread where i could post this :]
I have been testing krook on the OU meta since XY ( when i joined ) and i got to a conclusion.. It can work.
The sets i will be comentating are in this paste : http://pastebin.com/5QJswius

1- Scarf Set: altho pretty bad in krook's native tier, the scarf set is the one who most shines in the OU meta, thanks to its typing and good speed for a scarfer (its niche over ttar ), krook is able to reliably revenge kill many things, like exca, mega manectric, raikou and mega meta ( assuiming it has took some chunk like 25% ) ttar, mega zam and regular too ( assuming sash is broken ), and many other things after chip damage. This krook set can actually sweep a team that has its pokemon weakened ( dont believe me ?? http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-430900514 ) but its not the better part, its biggest point on the tier is pursuit, being able to remove lati@s is huge, and krooko often forces them to not to drop the draco on the fear to be revenge killed by this. The last moves i would use most as fillers, aerial ace for hera ( weak move tho, but it can cath it off guard ), fire fang for scizor M, Edge for flying types, superpower for lop and rocks for support ( altho its not nice to have it, if you dont have another setter.... ).

0-Good teamates :
-Mags (yeah, ton>zone, NFE is power ) are real usefull, trapping skar, scizor, ferro and treatening clefable with their powerfull flash cannon, gives krook free switchs too by just volting.
-Pokemon that like lati@s been gone, like amoonguss, M venu, Bro, Rotom, keldeo and other really like krook's job to pursuit and pressure them
-Hard hitting pokemon like heracross, pinsir, keldeo, Y zard and others help krook, punching holes on the oponent's team for the rare sweep

0- Scarf Krook's outclassers and counters :
Weavile- Just can run an atacking item to hit hard, and so outclasses it as pursuiter, but cant sweep
Ttar- can switch into the latibros and has more atack, but does not have krook's speed, cant sweep and does not have knock
Bulky pokemon that can recover on krook/take too little ( landot ) are hard to break, altho they usually hate gettin knocked off

2- defensive set. this one i found out to not be that much of a thing, but it can still wall some things like zard X, tar and driller

Good parteners- pokemon that like powerfull fisical atackers like xard and sand cores gone, or the teams who would like to have a taunt SR lead, that can beat skarm and others

outclassers - 100% outclassed by landot besides the fact that it has roar and taunt

Shouts : mencemeat : for building the krook team i use now, ericaroselia : just a good fren afterall, you need them :], and LuckyRyu ( dont know his smogon :- , that has helped me a ton to become a (i consider myself ) medium player of this game.

Last edited:

Poliwrath has always been an interesting Pokemon to me and has always been fun to use. I haven't used it as of recent but it still pretty much function the same as it always will. Poliwrath does a nice job being able to handle key meta threats like Tyranitar, Landorus-T, Keldeo (situational), Bisharp and others. It has a very nice defensive typing giving it a good set of resistances. It has access to moves such as Scald and Circle Throw letting it be a nice defensive Pokemon on certain teams. Some of the things that doesn't allow Poliwrath to thrive is the lack of reliable recovery as it has to rely on Rest to be able to heal itself.

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Circle Throw
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Probably the only Poliwrath set actually worth using for its ability to fill in weaknesses to some of the Pokemon aforementioned. Due to Poliwrath being weak to common types such as Flying, Pokemon such as Zapdos makes good defensive partners with it, being able to provide good defensive utility such as Toxic, or be able to defeat Pokemon like Ferrothorn which would otherwise force Poliwrath out. One of my friends (just couldn't say he was a random bad scrub since I'm using his team for examples) playerW17 showcased Poliwrath in a nice M-Latias squad which was actually similar to a team I built when I wanted to use Cro-Keldeo, but that's a whole different story.

Tadpole Wall (Poliwrath) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Circle Throw
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Barbed Wall (Ferrothorn) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Magma Wall (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Dragon Wall (Latias) @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Reflect Type

Thunder Wall (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 68 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Discharge
- Roost
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Fluffy Wall (Clefable) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Heal Bell

His original post can be found here

Hopefully I don't turn out to be the only one posting at this point :(

Anyways, back in the introduction of XY, brought one of my favorite Pokemon, whether it be design wise or to use. Gourgeist has a unique typing (Trevenant is bad so i like to pretend that it doesn't exist) backed up with a large enough movepool to do what it needs to do, and some good defensive stats. With its typing and defensive stats,and movepool, Gourgeist-Super (or XL if that tickles your fancy) because a nightmare for common physical attackers to deal with such as Garchomp, Landorus-Therian, Breloom, and a bunch of others, with access to Will-o-Wisp and high defense stat. To make things better for such a defensive Pokemon, it has reliable healing in Synthesis allowing it to live longer and terrorize your opponents.

Gourgeist-Super @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Frisk
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play

The set above allows Gourgeist to be able to tank physical attacks and heal up whatever has been done. Me personally, I like to use Foul Play to be able to stop Pokemon with attack boosts but other moves such as Rock Slide, and Seed Bomb are all options. I prefer Colbur Berry on Gourgeist for a reliable way to get Will-o-Wisp off onto Knock Off users such as Bisharp. Leftovers is an option if you feel more comfortable with passive recovery.

This is a pretty fun stall team I built recently. When I first was building, I wanted to use something really different from what was all being used currently. I honestly got tired of seeing M-Sableye. I decided using Gourgeist was cool and then just built around that. I decided M-Swampert was a cool partner for it because of their type synergy and their ability to help each other with Pokemon they trouble against. Gourgeist also helps M-Swampert gets its own passive recovery with Leech Seed if the opponent decides to stay in, or help it with set up opportunities with Will-o-Wisp or chipping down targets with Foul Play when they switch into it. The rest of the team all falls in order, Chansey being a good Stealth Rocker for the team and soaking special attacks, Alomomola being another reliable defensive Pokemon and passes fat fishes, Zapdos being my main Pokemon for birds, and Skarmory for fairies.

Gourgeist-Super @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Frisk
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled

Alomomola @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 36 HP / 220 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Scald

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 68 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Spikes

A

Joker fan
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus

An often forgotten relic of BW, Cloyster can still become a massive threat, but not by using the ever so powerful Shell Smash, which is often a pain to setup.

Terrakion Sux (Cloyster) @ Choice Band
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Rock Blast
- Explosion

Cloyster, when equipped with a Choice Band becomes a fearsome wallbreaker that can actually 2HKO a lot of relevant pokemon, especially on stall. Icicle Spear and Rock Blast are your standard moves, Ice Shard lets you pick off things, but the cool move I want to talk about is Explosion. Explosion can pave the way (if used correctly) to severely weaken a pokemon like Clefable which allows your team members to sweep.

252+ Atk Choice Band Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Skarmory: 210-245 (62.8 - 73.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 112 Def Mega Sableye: 210-245 (69 - 80.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 245-290 (62.3 - 73.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 365-435 (51.8 - 61.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Teammates: Magnezone/Ton is definitely appreciated as it's able to remove Steel Types which Cloyster doesn't usually like, speedy pokemon that appreciate wallbreaking are also generally good partners for this. Scarf Lando-T can sponge electric attacks and bring this guy out via U-Turn on a forced double switch, etc.

Replays
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-462323778 (Boom Cloyster seals the game by putting toed in SR range)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-462325310 (Cloyster deleting Lando-T which made it easier for the team as it prevented rocks and it helped M-Lop in the long run)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-462322812 (Cloyster bopping Tornadus and putting Manaphy into RK range of Scarf Lando-T

PET OYSTER (Cloyster) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Skill Link
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Rock Blast
- Explosion

ALARM CLOCK (Magnezone) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

MY SISTER (Lopunny-Mega) (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Quick Attack

FAMILY CAR (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

MY DAD (Jellicent) (M) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic

MY MOM (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)