Project ORAS OU Team Preview Analysis Workshop v1 (Round 6: HHM's M-Meta Hazard Stack Balance)

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- U-turn

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Screech
- Stealth Rock

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 44 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off
Basically, my thought process when thinking of this build was, "p2 is a crazy person, so let's go off of that". Starting off, specs hydra is a very potent breaker that can tear through bulkier teams once a couple annoying mons are taken out of the game. Specs U-turn on Hydra into Dugtrio really helps out here because Screech Dugtrio can reliably eliminate and kill Chansey without praying for it to be rocks instead of toxic, which is really nice, and Dugtrio can trap annoying mons like max hp lefties tran aside from beating chansey into the mud. With Flash Cannon, hydra can easily lure in Clefable, who would otherwise wall the set. Duggie has rock tomb to help out the team vs dd zardx, since dd eq variantss can absolutely curbstomp the team lol, and dug sets rocks so that heatran has a moveslot freed up to run its bread and butter stallbreaker set. Heatran is running the aforementioned stallbreaker set and can really put a ton of pressure on Spdef Talonflame, who can potentially revenge kill Hydreigon if you let it get weakened. After tran, bulky SD MSciz was added so that Weavile wouldnt dick the team and be a blanket check to stuff like Surf Latios and MGarde so that the rest of the team could have some breathing room against those mons, and it helps a lot with azumarill, another annoying threat. LO Latios was added to compliment Hydra as a breaker and put a ton of pressure on conventional Dragon switch ins, especially since it's packing HP fire to lure in steels that may try to take it on, allowing both dragons to spam draco. After that, Torn-T was added to take on Keld a bit better and absolutely dick on stall even more than the team already does, adding yet another special wallbreaker, completely overwhelming all special walls in the tier, even Chansey. Hope I was right :]

Last edited:

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Roost

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
IVs: 21 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Memento
- Reversal

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Taunt

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave

This team is certainly a volt-turn team without the volt part. This is in order to trap certain mons like tar, tran. First is life orb hydra with roost for longevity and fire blast. Next is standard duggy to trap mons and to trap and kill weak mons. Next is stallbreaker heatran in order to deal with talon and fairies. Next is bulky sd scizor with u-turn for support of dugtrio. Latios for a hazard control and a keldeo check. Finally av torn, for again dugtrio support.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'll take a guess at ABR's team. Bit rusty so might be way off but I guess we'll find out

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 244 Atk / 12 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Shadow Ball

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Fire Punch
- Iron Head

Started off guessing Ice Beam Lopunny given it's a set I saw ABR advocate in the WCoP set dump. Not too much to guess with Lopunny besides the last move so yeah. Latias I figure is gonna be kinda standard, think maybe Tbolt since fat waters are annoying. I assumed Manaphy would be a stallbreaker variant because if its TG 3 atks the team will struggle with stall unless it's BandTar which is gonna have problems with Dugtrio. Based on that assumption I picked ScarfTar, I am a little skeptical that it actually is but it helps trap Latios a lot better for Manaphy than Band which is susceptible to Surf. Rocks Lando to not get rolled over by a lotta things. Jirachi as SubToxic to lure bulky waters/grounds for Lopunny, and Fire Punch gives a secondary Scizor check outside of Manaphy.

Potentially wrong about a bunch of stuff - once you make one assumption that's wrong it'll kinda send everything in the wrong direction. That said I feel the most confident about Manaphy being a RD variant even though EBall makes a ton of sense on this team

Reactions: dk

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Naive Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Defog

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Fire Punch
- Pursuit

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Psychic

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Body Slam
- Healing Wish
Overview: Jirachi struck me as the most effective scarfer, so that's what it is. Body Slam lets it be an emergency check to stuff, and cripple Talonflame and Tornadus-T more effectively. It can afford to not run a bulky set since the team has Lando for rocks and Tyranitar for Lati@s. Latias could stand to be boltbeam to soften up Ground- and Water-types for the physical half of the team, and it's also the defogger, but the team gets hella weak to Bisharp if Lop is out of commission so it's also Colbur Berry. Mega Lop probably enjoys a second breaker alongside Manaphy, and Scarftar would just make the team too Clefable-weak, so Ttar is Choice Band with Fire Punch to eliminate Def-invested Mega Scizor, which irritates almost everything, and also Ferrothorn, which will live a Superpower from full and ruin Ttar afterwards. It's not the scarfer bc it needs to help with Wisp Talon and Jirachi is there to help with Lati@s. Lando-T is a standard defensive rocks set, since that's what checks the things that the team looks weak to. It's not Healing Wish because Jirachi is. Manaphy needs to hurt stall, including Grass-types (esp. Mega Venusaur), so it's TG+Rain Dance+Scald+Psychic. Last but not least, Mega Lopunny is standard with Ice Beam to beat Lando-T. Not Ice Punch, because the team doesn't really like common Rocky Helmet users at all.

Most confident in: Item choices. I'd bet money on Scarf Jirachi + Band Tyranitar.
Least confident in: Latias. No idea what I'm doing there, honestly, because I'm not sure I've ever used regular Latias in a competitive environment. I also can't tell where the Bisharp answer is, which is why Latias has sort of a stopgap feel to it.

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- U-Turn

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 21 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Stone Edge
- Reversal
- Earthquake
- Screech

Heatran @ Lum Berry
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Defog

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Iron Tail
- U-turn
- Knock Off
Overview: I remember P2 telling folks in the teambuilding competition thread to run Specs Hydreigon + Screech Dugtrio to break stall, so that's probably what they're on too. Hydreigon's U-Turn keeps up momentum and brings in Dugtrio, while Flash Cannon lets it lure in Clefable. Dugtrio is the only thing standing between this team and +1 HP Ground Volcarona, so it's Stone Edge to help out in that department, and since it doesn't have room for Endure it's a Sash set. My own Duggy+Hydra team runs Mega Scizor to help with Lati@s and Weavile and use U-Turn on them, and I also gave it Swords Dance to let it be a finisher after some walls are broken, so I figured that's what it does here too. Heatran's gotta be the rocker, and I don't feel like it needs to stack up on Toxic+Taunt because Hydra+Duggy is what breaks stall for the team, but Magma Storm is still really nice for generating a reliable Dugtrio switch-in, so it's offensive Magma Storm. Lum Berry gives it a better shot versus T-Wave Clef so it can get that Magma Storm off more easily. Plus I this team doesn't really NEED another Ground immunity lol so Air Balloon isn't needed. It foregoes Flash Cannon for Stone Edge, just so it's not setup fodder for Talonflame. I just added standard LO Latios since it's the defogger and dragon spammer and I don't fuck with three-attacks Latios so one's recovery. Dugtrio covers a lot of Latios checks anyways. LO Latios is an exploitable Keldeo check, so LO Tornadus-T steps in to help and give the team yet another U-Turner. This team is heavily irritated by physically offensive HP Fire Mega Diancie, so it uses Iron Tail as a lure and pretty much seals the deal vs. Clefable.

Most certain of: Specs Hydreigon + Screech Dugtrio, just on account of the team's builder. Also, bulky SD+U-Turn for Mega Scizor, since I can't think of a compelling reason to run any other set.
Least certain of: The Heatran variant. Lum Berry is admittedly more my personal spin on it than something I would expect the opponent to have, but even discounting that, I'm mostly guessing w/r/t what permutation of moves and spreads this Heatran has. Tornadus-T might also be running a more conventional set, for all I know.

Last edited:

I think lop is running Ice Beam as ABR wrote a bit about it and High Impulse used it in wcop too. Then, we have latias which is Healing Wish to support Manaphy / Lop (It could run Tbolt because of bulky waters but i dont think it fits well here). Next is Choice Band Tyranitar which Gives a solid answer to stall paired to Manaphy Rain Dance / Tail Glow / Shadow Ball Or Energy Ball or Ice Beam. The team struggle a bit w/ Phys Tang so Ice beam is probably the last. (TG 3 Attacks works too, psychic could be used as Ttar traps latis). Lando is phys def for handle physical attackers like Lop / Exca which litteraly sweep otherwise. At last, i see two possibles sets of Rachi. First is Sub Toxic which lures phys tank Like Hippo / Slowbro for Lopu, And Choice Scarf which gives a revenge killer whose the team needs one, and another Healing Wish Support. So i would opted for Scarf Rachi just because Oras is faster than other metagame and not play a Scarf Would sick a bit

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Naive Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Shadow Ball / Ice Beam / Energy Ball

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Healing wish
- Heart Stamp
- U-Turn
- Iron Head

Last edited:
I seem to have misplaced my importable of the p2 team (p2 please message me the import when you see this lol), so we're just going to announce the winner of the ABR team for the moment.

That being said, bludz's entry is the winner for the ABR team.

Lopunny Offense built by ABR
Lopunny-Mega (F) @ Lopunnite
Naive Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Beam

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Energy Ball

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 25 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Toxic

Scolipede @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 232 SpD / 28 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- Megahorn

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Manaphy @ Lum Berry
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam

Espeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Morning Sun
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Dazzling Gleam

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake
- Smack Down

Whimsicott @ Eject Button
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Memento
- Stun Spore
- Tailwind
Well that's a scolipass team if I ever saw one. Scolipede passes speed and Substitutes to any of four setup sweepers. It's fast enough to outspeed Megazam at +1 and has SpD to tank two Flamethrowers from Clefable because why not. It runs Leftovers since there isn't enough crit abuse among the recipients to justify Lansat Berry. Espeon breaks stall with CM+Stored Power, and it's physically defensive because it can just boost everything else and it needs to survive priority. Mega Heracross is SD+Three attacks because it'll get speed and subs, and I see no compelling reason to run any other set. It outspeeds Scarf Lando-T at +2 and maxes out Attack to get as many OHKOs as possible. Manaphy should be able to OHKO Quagsire and Amoonguss, which can make boosts go away, so it's TG+Scald+Energy Ball+Ice Beam. Max SpA and Spe to function well without a speed boost. Lando-T uses speed boosts most effectively with Substitute+Bulk Up, which basically make it a fuckin monster; I know this from experience. I prefer Smack Down because otherwise that's just free turns for Flynite and it's also good against Rotom-Wash. Adamant to help against Quagsire, and enough speed to outpace Sandcadrill at +2. Whimsicott is probably the backup plan, carrying Prankster Tailwind, Memento to give setup opportunities, Encore to disrupt setup leads, and Stun Spore bc it's the next best thing to the yellow magic itself, and Eject Button makes it that much easier to generate free switches.

Most confident about: BP team; sets of Espeon, Scolipede, and Manaphy.
Least confident about: Whimsicott. I'm just doing a stab in the dark there, since it's an odd choice to leave the team with no rocker.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Crunch

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Rotom-Wash @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 220 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Healing Wish
- Roost

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Looking at this team, it appears to be your typical Sand team with Excadrill and Mega Lopunny carrying out offensive duties while the rest do the supporting. I'm going to assume Excadrill uses the standard Swords Dance set with Rock Slide as the 3rd attacking move to hit Zapdos, which is getting popular recently. Then, I put Ice Punch on Mega Lopunny so that it can get rid of Landorus-T, Garchomp and Gliscor which Excadrill really hates. Latias carries Roost so that it can check Keldeo more reliably while Thunderbolt allows it to put the hurt on Manaphy, Suicune and Slowbro without relying on Draco Meteor.

Since Scizor looks very threatening at this point, Flamethrower is added on Clefable to lure and heavily damage it. Fast Rotom-W with Rocky Helmet is used to get chip damage on Scizor and Landorus-T while also checking Bisharp better. Since everything else is used at this point, Tyranitar is added to provide Stealth Rock. Chople Berry is used to take on Mega Alakazam better.

However, this team that I guess is really weak to Calm Mind Slowbro, Calm Mind Suicune and Stall so it's probably not this build.

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Not looked at any submissions so far. Gonna do the Scolipede team. Like, some parts (not many though) have 2 possibilities 'cause that's how I'd deal with uncertainty on team preview, but yea I think I have it right for the most part.
Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Moonblast
- Stun Spore
- Memento

Scolipede @ Black Sludge
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- Megahorn

Espeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Morning Sun
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Dazzling Gleam

Manaphy @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 124 HP / 4 Def / 8 SpD / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Atk / 24 Def / 100 Spe OR 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Soft Sand / Power Herb
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish / Fly
Standard Whimiscott is a really cool concept to run alongside ScoliPass honestly; it's ability to really mess with more dangerous setup opponents (namely ESpeed DNite, if it wins the Sub 50:50 that is) with Encore is a hugely useful asset as a whole. I believe it is likely Memento+U-turn so that it can retain momentum after Encoring something (also means that after it Encores something Scoli could potentially use it for a free Sub if they stay in for whatever reason) while Memento is just good for ensuring that final sweeper is able to attain any boosts+subs that it needs. Stun Spore isn't that necessary because Scoli invalidates the need for speed control, although I could see it possibly being used on a team with Attract Scolipede for its ability to reduce the activity rate of male Pokémon to a measly 37.5%.

Scolipede is bog standard. Listed EVs outpace Mega Alakazam at +1, Megahorn stops it taking a shit all over the team. Is there really anything else to explain here? FWIW I think Attract is far too situational relative to Megahorn given the archetype's typical Alazakam weakness. Espeon is also bog standard and idt it really needs explaining other than that I know it's Dazzling Gleam because otherwise Xatu would probably be used in it's place for it's Fire-type coverage. It may carry HP Fighting>Morning Sun to not be completely cockblocked by Tyranitar, although it is unlikely considering that it still needs a significant number of boosts to net the KO without SpA investment.

Manaphy carries Sitrus berry so that it can escape the range of priority attacks if it takes a strong hit setting up. The listed investment allows it to outpace Mega Tyranitar before a boost--extending to allowing it to beat Choice Scarf Latios at +2 speed--while also being as strong as possible, and Surf is better than Scald because you want to deal as much damage as possible (that and it 2HKOs Chansey with a modest nature). Max speed timid is a possibility to tie with scarfed base 100s at +1 as well as with Charizard-X that have an equal boost count to it, and the defensive EVs hit a Sitrus Berry number while also ensuring that it's SpD stat is one higher than it's defense stat on the off chance someone brings Download Porygon2/Porygon-Z for some reason.

Mega Heracross is SD so that it can become disgusting to try and take on with speed boosts. The listed speed investment outpaces 8 Spe Rotom-W before a boost while also allowing it to beat Scarf Latios at +3. That said, it can also run enough speed to beat Jolly Crawdaunt at +0, which allows it to outpace more stuff at +2 speed. Max attack vs. 136 Atk depends on if you value bulk to set up with the ability to break everything up to a specific target (in this case, calm Clef) or power to break unaware Clef/aid general sweeping power more.

Landorus-T hits the same speed benchmark as Manaphy and is SD to make it threatening more quickly. Both Rock Polish and Fly are valid options here, the former making it less reliant on Scolipede to deal with faster teams (I like this variant a lot) and the latter allowing it to beat Tangrowth while providing a stronger and more accurate neutral option than Stone Edge vs. a lot of un-grounded Pokémon. Power Herb is an option to stop flying resists from messing with you when you aim for Tangrowth (you can use Stone Edge for neutral hits until it comes out onto the field), but if you carry Rock Polish then Soft Sand is the best option for the nice EQ buff and resultant sweeping ability it brings.

Last edited:

Lopunny-Mega (F) @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Ice Punch
- High Jump Kick

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Tyranitar (F) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Excadrill (F) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpD
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost
- Healing Wish

Speed creep galore. Rotom outspeeds Lando with 12 speed EVs, max speed Adamant Band Tyranitar outspeeds Lando with 8 speed EVs and slower Rotoms. HP Fire Latias with max SpAtt lures in Scizor, Ferro and Skarmory which are troublesome. I picked Roost for some sustainability. Balloon Rock Slide Exca gives a temporary but real ground immunity and the ability to hit birds and deals with Birdspam+MB Exca. Ballon, two levitaters, MG Clefable and no rocks-weak pokemon made me decide against any hazard removal.

I put in Rocks Clef to better set up rocks vs Mega Sableye teams, which the team could abuse nicely with Tyranitar... and I am losing my mind if it's Calm Mind or a lure Flamethrower. On one hand I feel that Calm Mind Clef is a great way to add another win condition, on the other I gotta say that it has three of them and they're all potent enough... I'll go with no CM, Rocks + Flamethrower.

And everyone bar the washing machine is female to not fall in love with Scolipedes

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Beam
- Fake Out

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split/Thunder Wave

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave/Flamethrower

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Roost
- Defog/Psyshock

So this team looks to have very standard sets, it seems clear Landorus-T is the scarfer and Heatran the rocker.

Lopunny probably has Beam as there's no Healing Wish on the team so it doesn't want to take unnecessary Helmet damage.

Rotom looks standard too, I dont think it needs to be fast on this team, I slashed TWave with PSplit in case Clef is 2 attacks, but I doubt it is.

Clef needs to be CM as this team needs another win con, I opted for yellow magic over Flamethrower, however Excadrill could pose a problem for this team as Scarf Lando can't switch in on it too often so Flamethrower does make sense too.

Latios I'm not really sure, I put Surf so you beat Ttar and then Defog but considering the team has no SR weaknesses and 4 mons are immune to all other hazards I could definitely see it being 3 attacks Roost Latios.

Most sure about:

Scarf Lando, Beam Lopunny and SR Tran.

Not sure about:

T-Wave on Clef or Rotom, Defog on Lati.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Heatran @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Taunt
- Toxic

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Calm Mind

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Surf

I really wanted to make PowerBeam Tran to lure, trap and kill fat waters to help with the Bunny sweep. It's a swing for the fences but I feel it's cool and kinda fitting. I ended up fitting rocks on Clef with CM in the combo that I feel that gave the best chances to stallbreak, while scarf Lando and Lop beat offense. Latios is luring things that usually switch into it with Surf and aims to lure Skarm with T-Bolt. I opted for no Defog. 4/6 of the team are immune to spikes anyway.

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Toxic Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Roar

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Roost

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Defog
- Iron Head

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower / Rest. yes, Rest

BoltBeam Latias and scarfTar give this stall team two nice safety valves of speed and counterplay against stallbreakers. I decided I didn't want Rocks on Hippo to make it easier to set them vs Mega Sableye teams, so I gave them once again to Clef. Instead, I made Hippo into a nice "fuck Talonflame" set with Sand Force to get more power, and Toxic + Stone Miss to kinda beat both the Taunt variant (catch dis edge) and the rest of them (catch this Toxic") since Suicune can also hande the non-Taunt ones as well. All of the team bar Ttar has recovery so I decided to make Clef into a non-Wish Heal Bell cleric and escrew Unaware for Magic Guard. In general I believe the team will be able to sustain itself enough and finish the job relatively faster and more actively than a full-stall team (two fast things, trapping, CM Suicune+spikes), and with three phazers, a T-waver and a revengekiller it won't create that many setup opportunities (hopefully). So, I want rocks Clef to improve the stall matchup and help Suicune with hazards. I slash Rest on Ttar as a funny way to preserve its heath with Rest + Heal Bell. Calm Clef because the team is really fat on the physical side.

Ok Sand Force is a swing to the fences.

I corrected the non-slack off and put all new text in orange. Strikethrough for the older one that goes out the window. Gg me for missing the Slack off on Hippo the first time and thanks to Mitchhhhhh for telling me xD

Last edited:

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Heatran @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Taunt
- Toxic

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Calm Mind

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Surf

I really wanted to make PowerBeam Tran to lure, trap and kill fat waters to help with the Bunny sweep. It's a swing for the fences but I feel it's cool and kinda fitting. I ended up fitting rocks on Clef with CM in the combo that I feel that gave the best chances to stallbreak, while scarf Lando and Lop beat offense. Latios is luring things that usually switch into it with Surf and aims to lure Skarm with T-Bolt. I opted for no Defog. 4/6 of the team are immune to spikes anyway.

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
- Stone Edge

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Roar

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Roost

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Defog
- Iron Head

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower / Rest. yes, Rest

BoltBeam Latias and scarfTar give this stall team two nice safety valves of speed and counterplay against stallbreakers. I decided I didn't want Rocks on Hippo to make it easier to set them vs Mega Sableye teams, so I gave them once again to Clef. Instead, I made Hippo into a nice "fuck Talonflame" set with Sand Force to get more power, and Toxic + Stone Miss to kinda beat both the Taunt variant (catch dis edge) and the rest of them (catch this Toxic"). All of the team bar Ttar has recovery so I decided to make Clef into a non-Wish Heal Bell cleric and escrew Unaware for Magic Guard. In general I believe the team will be able to sustain itself enough and finish the job relatively faster and more actively than a full-stall team (two fast things, trapping, CM Suicune+spikes), and with three phazers, a T-waver and a revengekiller it won't create that many setup opportunities (hopefully). So, I want rocks Clef to improve the stall matchup and help Suicune with hazards. I slash Rest on Ttar as a funny way to preserve its heath with Rest + Heal Bell. Calm Clef because the team is really fat on the physical side.

Ok Sand Force is a swing to the fences.
This might be an oversight, but you don't have Slack Off on Hippo ;)

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Gonna go ahead and update the slate. I'll announce winners of the last round shortly.
The tension's killing me man

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Quick Attack

Heatran @ Power Herb
EVs: 176 hp / 92 spa / 240 spe OR 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Solar Beam
- Taunt

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 42 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Softboiled
- Moonblast
- Healing Wish

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Latios @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Some kinda unorthodox stuff on here so I'll explain it a little.

Adamant Lopunny gives lots of teams an immense headache to the point that I kinda feel like it's beein built around here. It also makes picking off Mega Charizard X an easier job due to the extra power behind Quick Attack/Fake Out than Jolly Lop has, and the team doesn't really feel that weak to the stuff that Jolly actually achieves over it barring, like, Torn which eventually loses to double prio anyway while also being susceptible to both para and Volt Switch (not to mention Rotom p. consistently comes in on it).

HerbTran is there because currently the only way of consistently breaking fat waters is Latios. That said, you need to be aware that it doesn't beat VinCune. Rotom is p. standard so I'll just chuck it in here rather than giving it its own paragraph. I considered both fast Sitrus and double status but I think being able to recover and semi-consistently switch in on Torn is important on an ada Lop team. It provides a slow Volt Switch to get Latios and Lopunny in on stuff.

Clef is Bold 'cause fuck Weavile and LO+Psyshock Latios. It also has Healing Wish because why the fuck not. HW Clef is hella underrated so yeah it's nice to have in the back to heal something up back to full, and it's especially nice if you need Latios to take a hit from something, most notably helping with the Keldeo matchup. T-wave 'cause this team's speed control is ada Lop.

Lando provides a second slow U-turner while also dealing with the issue of Stealth Rock. I originally had Scarf but then I realised the team had no speed control+Rotom as the only slow VoltTurner for Lop/Lati so I swapped SR out for T-wave on Clef 'cause I like HW and gave this thing a helmet set. It's also nice because the team otherwise loses to sand and Zard X.

Latios is specs 'cause it's the best set. HP Fire is used in the last slot because when ur only way of breaking physically bulky Mega Scizor consistently is Tran (which it won't stay in on) then it's nice to have a way to bait it in.

Things I'm least sure on:
  • HW Clef
  • Ada Lop
  • Pain Split Rotom-W

Last edited:

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave/ Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Roost

Standard lopunny, probably its best set to cause all around damage. Not much innovation needed for this pokemon. I decided to go with offensive rocks tran because it does really well vs steels like bisharp, and scizor which the rest of my team doesnt like to deal with. Killing scizors means that my clefable is free to setup, and thats is one less switch in that lopunny has. The rotom outspeeds standard defensive lando and can slam it with a hydro pump to weaken it for lopuny. Outside of that its the main bird check and bulky pivot of the team, stealing momentum with volt switch. The clefable evs let it always get 3hko'd by lopunny return and cripple it with a thunder wave. It is also the kyurem b check, lati switchin and win condition of the team. Scarf landorus gives us more speed outside of lopunny, a better drill check than rotom and a good cleaner/ revenge killer. We dont need the defensive set because rotom + clefable. I chose to not run defog as the team isnt really weak to spikes, and since latios is the main water check it needs roost or it will be worn down too quickly.

Last edited:
Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost
This uses a Standard Lopunny set to Mega Evolve for free and to sweep the team. Landorus is used to stop physical attackers and to scout the team by using U-Turn. Latios is used for hazard removals and as a wall breaker. Clefable is used as a physical wall and as a sweeper. Rotom-Wash is used as a physical wall and to whittle down physical attackers with Will-o-Wisp. Heatran is used for hazard setups.

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume / Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Defog

First off starting with Lopunny, this is pretty standard Lopunny but I decided to use Adamant due to how common Azelf has become and allowing Lopunny to be able to defeat it without allowing Stealth Rock up. Lopunny-Mega also likes the additional power getting more damage off on bulkier targets such as Landorus-Therian, Zapdos, etc. I went with standard Pivot Rotom-Wash as it handles birds pretty nicely which this team may tend to struggle with due to Landorus-Therian not being Defensive. Rotom-Wash allows it to lure in Chansey which then leads into my next set, a mixture of Stealth Rock Heatran and stallbreaker. Toxic and Taunt allows Chansey to be lowered down easily and cannot support the rest of the team. Toxic in general is a really good utility move to have to eventually let the rest of the team pick off targets easier. Calm Mind Clefable was added for a reliable win-con and offensive support with Thunder Wave, which also compensates for Lopunny not running a Jolly Nature. Latios provided Defog support and I chose two STABs but decided to go for Surf instead over Hidden Power Fire because of how popular Pokemon like Offensive Tyranitar and Heatran have come in. They are running a lot less bulk than they previously had in other metas which allow Latios to 2HKO them both. Landorus-Therian is a good Offensive pivot with Rotom-Wash and revenge kills stuff.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Protect

Latias @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Recover

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

So just glancing at this I'm seeing Volcarona, ZardY+Pursuit, and Hydreigon+Duggy as obvious stallbreaking cores that could run through this team. Iron Head Kyurem-Black hurts too. Also, there's three potential Calm Mind users, but standard stall teams carry answers for two of them, so I would consider this team to be short a breaker. And you did say that this is semistall, didn't you? Enter DD Mega Ttar, which can hit +1 and put all of these on their back foot... except Dugtrio but what the fuck is Dugtrio counterplay honestly? Dumbshit uncompetitive ability fuckass. Ahem. The coverage gives it the most power against neutral targets and lets it perform against Quagsire and Lando-T.

Now, if for some reason you want sand up all the time, you could use Sand Stream on both Hippowdon and Tyranitar, but honestly, you don't -- you might if you were running Magic Guard Clefable, but you're not. Tyranitar is the one of the two that can actually benefit from its own Sand Stream, so Hippowdon gets Sand Force, and also Stone Edge to make the most of it and keep Talonflame off the field for as long as possible. For reference, Sand Forced Stone Edge reliably OHKOs Tornadus-T after Stealth Rock, while unboosted Edge doesn't. It's physically defensive because you already have some good checks to Electric-types, but the Mega Pinsir, Zard X, and Excadrill matchups are a lot less secure.

Wait, why are you not running Magic Guard Clefable? Because otherwise Serperior, Manaphy, and NP Thundurus can all potentially run you through otherwise, and also it's the cleric by process of elimination. Those are all special attackers, so Clefable is SpD, and it has to run Wish+Protect because this team has Sand and Manaphy can run Rain Dance. You still lose to Modest Surf Splash Plate Rain Dance Manaphy though.

Crawdaunt. This fuckin. Red lobster motherfucker. Is a threat. It needs to have a reason not to click Knock Off and Crabhammer all day long. So, Mega Latias should be able to OHKO it, and Suicune should be able to stall it out a lil bit. Suicune is a Vincune set, which incidentally helps you against traditional stall teams a bit. Latias runs a pretty standard offensive defog set, except with Colbur Berry to do a little better against Crawdaunt and mixed Thundurus and escape a Pursuit once -- Pursuit-locked mons are REALLY good setup fodder for Tyranitar.

Now I know what you're thinking, why isn't Skarmory the defogger so Latias can run a cool Healing Wish? Well, Clefable already has Wish and Heal Bell, but the real answer is Spikes. Golly, does this team like Spikes. Mega Tyranitar adores them for certain (since just about all of its checks are grounded), and they make things easier for Suicune too. Anyways, Skarmory is non-negotiably SpD to check fairies, and it's running Spikes, so it's a standard Spikes set.

Sorry for the delay guys! We've all been very busy irl and with school.

For last round, Martin. won for the Scolipede entry! I'd offer a winner to the Lopunny team but there was only one submission, and I'm not going to award wins in absentia of competition. For this round, entreflores was closest on both his prediction of the daddy's kisses and Valentine teams!

EDIT: I missed one of the submissions for the round previous to last. In light of that, entreflores was the winner for the Lopunny team as well!

EDIT 2: Importables from last round:

NEW SLATE: Hydreigon Spikestack by Hector Hard Mode

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)