Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

It is 1.33x. It is most likely just a minor bug in the damage calculator, but the game boosts it by 1.33x. In the case of Flare Blitz, plug it into the damage formula and you get this:

252 Atk Tough Claws Zard-X vs. 0 Def Azumarill: ((2*100+10)/250)*(359/196)*120+2)*1.5*0.5*1.33=186.162=186
252 Atk Life Orb Zard-X vs. 0 Def Azumarill: ((2*100+10)/250)*(359/196)*120+2)*1.5*0.5*1.3=181.962857143=181

Idk if you apply Tough Claws directly to the BP, but if you do the output is 185 so it's minor at best.
Yeah, you'd apply Tough Claws directly to the BP instead of at the end like Life Orb which is why my submitted outputs were slightly different, but the range was the same. So yeah, it does 185 damage max if it's truly a 33% boost. I guess I should submit this as a bug in showdown's calculator?

Hey guys how can I make well built team ? Like for example to reach the higher parts of the ladder ? When I build teams there are just some standard ass bullshit. I also am a newer player who ony reached 1600 Elo once. But getting some tips would help me alot more :) so any help is appreciated.
Remember that good teams is only half of the equation to make it to the high ladder-- neither the team nor the battling skills can be lacking, so having a good team does not guarantee you high ladder. Another note is that in order to build good teams, it's really the battle knowledge that backs up all the decisions made, and so being a good battler is a big part of building the best teams. Personally, teambuilding is something I learned naturally just by laddering for a long time and constantly tweaking/making new teams.

To simply put something very complicated so that you have some sort of aim while teambuilding: good teams tend to be able to cover a very wide variety of threats in the tier so that they have good matchup more often then not.

or you could check this nifty guide for a few tips, even though it is a bit outdated.
My guide is immortal at least the conceptual parts should still be good.

In all seriousness if you scroll down to WCAR's amendment to the guide (the Hyper Offense Guide, post 4), at the bottom there's a "Final Checkpoints" thing which I find extremely useful for covering a wide variety of threats. Also the BreakMyTeam (linked in the guide) is good for checking weaknesses.

I want to stress that there's a whole lot more to good teams than threat coverage but trying to fit everything in is definitely the most difficult part.

I may be missing something since i cant believe that nobody has seen this before but

Timid Tentacruel 252 hp/252 spe
Item: lum berry
-scald
-acid spray
-rapid spin
-rest

This thing speed ties or outspeed if modest Char Y can only be 3HKO under rocks (its always 4HKO if not). Not to mention that if you predict the switch in and char has to roost it gets a completely free -2 drop on defenses, know what? Scald 2/3HKO under sun and im not counting the acid spray damage... cannot post the calcs because im on my celphone. Is it way to sketchy?
Also it can work as an status absorber to scout t waves or willo's so it does not become dead weigth versus not chary teams.

EDIT: sorry for the WOT but english is not my mother language and in suck at things like this in my own language so go figure

n.n rattata

Banned deucer.
Is Flare Blitz Victini any good? I soft resetted the event which does not have V-Create. Like, is the ability to stay in for multiple turns good in exchange for the extra power?

May be jumping the gun a bit but I would like to know what will happen once Gen 7 hits? Are we going to start off with everything in OU like we did this generation with things like Deoxys, Blaziken, Mega Kangaskhan and friends running around in OU together with new toys like Alolan forms and Z moves? Speaking of which, are the Alolan mons going to be counted separate from normal forms like Rotom and its various forms?

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
May be jumping the gun a bit but I would like to know what will happen once Gen 7 hits? Are we going to start off with everything in OU like we did this generation with things like Deoxys, Blaziken, Mega Kangaskhan and friends running around in OU together with new toys like Alolan forms and Z moves? Speaking of which, are the Alolan mons going to be counted separate from normal forms like Rotom and its various forms?
ive heard tdk is keeping a lot of things banned, not sure what the exact list is though. Also i would assume that yes, alolan formes will be tiered seperately as they have different typings and likely different movepools.

Any tips on how to avoid tilt in between tournament rounds? It's extremely frustrating when money is on the line and you start out pumped only to not be able to land hypnosis and you just have to hit yourself with confusion twice in a row. I just went extremely tilted game 1 and after winning r2 via skill (though not in my a game as I'm still pissed off over r1) you lose r3 because the frustration is still really in you.

Sometimes it happens in r1, sometimes it happens in finals, I really need tips to avoid tilting when you have to do matches very quickly.

Any tips on how to avoid tilt in between tournament rounds? It's extremely frustrating when money is on the line and you start out pumped only to not be able to land hypnosis and you just have to hit yourself with confusion twice in a row. I just went extremely tilted game 1 and after winning r2 via skill (though not in my a game as I'm still pissed off over r1) you lose r3 because the frustration is still really in you.

Sometimes it happens in r1, sometimes it happens in finals, I really need tips to avoid tilting when you have to do matches very quickly.
Take a second and realize that it's a silly game filled with tons of inherent flaws that prevent it from being a seriously competitive game (see: hax).

First I want to ask why are you putting money on a line when Luck is a known facter in this game and 2 If you want to avoid Hax Just spam T-wave clef to get a speed advantage or Play Stall where Hax issue are less of a problem. At the end of As fun as pokemon is its still a game with flaws (Which itself is just advanced mathematics coupled with a healthy dose of rock paper scizzor and Gambling covered by cute creature's). Just accept that sometimes you'll get hacked

Hi guys, im new arround here. Just checked the OU Viability Ranking and Mega Latios is in the Blacklist. Why? And why Mega Latias isnt?

Hi guys, im new arround here. Just checked the OU Viability Ranking and Mega Latios is in the Blacklist. Why? And why Mega Latias isnt?
Because Mega Latios is totally outclassed by its base form due to it having a better damage output with Life Orb and overall better utility due to being able run Scarf/Specs/Lo etc. Mega Latios' extra bulk does nothing for it and the only thing it does slightly better is a dragon dancing set which is just outclassed by every other DDer.

Mega Latias' massive bulk enables it to perform better than Latias in a number of roles, such as a Calm Minder or a blanket check to a number of threats, and as such, it actually has a decent niche in the metagame.

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Easiest kind of team to climb with?

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 128 HP / 128 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Skill Swap
- Explosion

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Stone Edge
- Quick Attack

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Sleep Talk
- U-turn

Manaphy @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 6 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

Dragonite (F) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
this is a really common hyper offense team by xtra with some edits by AM (hope hes okay with me posting this though idk why he wouldnt be).

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Protect / Fake Out / Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Knock Off

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Counter
- Roost
- Defog
- Spikes

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Recover
- Curse

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 96 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Sludge Bomb
pretty standard stall thats easy to ladder with if you have a lot of free time and enjoy losing to manaphy.

Is there anything I can add to an offense/balance team (a mon or core) that can net (relatively) easy wins against this team? Ideally something that can also beat Blissey variants and Talonflame+Tangrowth variants, but I'll take anything that cuts down on laddering time.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is there anything I can add to an offense/balance team (a mon or core) that can net (relatively) easy wins against this team? Ideally something that can also beat Blissey variants and Talonflame+Tangrowth variants, but I'll take anything that cuts down on laddering time.
No one runs blissey variants, but any Crawdaunt set smashes that team into smithereens regardless of the variant lol.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ABR stall is 6:0'd by Rest Mega Heracross so that's prolly your safest bet imo. It's not even like it's bad versus balance either 'cause it gives it more longevity without mandating smth like Alomomola.

the variety of stalls right now make countering one type of stall redundant. the only advice i can give you is making good plays and using pokemon that have an easier time getting rocks against the archetype like heatran and clefable.
you have a multitude of breakers like diggersby, cb kyurem, crawdaunt, heracross, then stallbreakers in vincune, cm stored power clefable, and lol bulky subdd m-gyarados. some are going to win while others will be more prediction reliant. heracross will have trouble with unaware clefable stalls and kyurem can be trapped by dugtrio. cm stored power clefable needs amoonguss out of the way. if you really want a guaranteed answer, i'd suggest stone edge pinsir + magnezone but even that can be played around and stone edge pinsir sacrifices a lot against other playstyles, so using it to beat one archetype is not a wise move.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I know it's not the perfect Nature, but is Naive usable for Latios if it knows Earthquake?

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Hasty or even Timid is better because it makes better use of Latios' p. good special bulk.
Hmm, my first thought was that Naive would have been better than Hasty because of Priority Moves, but you do have a point about the Special Bulk. I figured that even with an Attack reducing Nature Latios would KO anything it wanted to with Earthquake. The reason I'm asking about natures other than Timid for Latios is that on my current Emerald Save File the roaming Latios is Naive. I think it's worth catching and teaching Defog to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)