Resource ORAS OU EV Spread Compendium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
AV Hoopa-u:252 Atk/16HP/240spd adamant , 16hp for maximize recovery with drain punch ,his investiment in spd+AV allows him to enter on many special shots

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 16 HP / 240 SpD Assault Vest Hoopa: 122-146 (40 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 16 HP / 240 SpD Assault Vest Hoopa in Sun: 141-166 (46.2 - 54.4%) -- 54.3% chance to 2HKO

Last edited:

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Gardevoir and Medicham should have their primary natures be Modest and Adamant, respectively. They're wall breakers first and foremost and appreciate having the extra power more than they appreciate speed tying other base 100s.

I personally use:
252 Atk / 8 Def / 248 Spe Jolly on Mega Gyarados, it's the only poke (bar Milotic who never run full speed investment) who sits on 81 Speed tier and it won't need the extra point in speed, because even after a DD it'll outrun 145+ by 1 point. I know it's not much of a difference, but that one extra defense point could make the difference between winning and losing a game :]

I personally use:
252 Atk / 8 Def / 248 Spe Jolly on Mega Gyarados, it's the only poke (bar Milotic who never run full speed investment) who sits on 81 Speed tier and it won't need the extra point in speed, because even after a DD it'll outrun 145+ by 1 point. I know it's not much of a difference, but that one extra defense point could make the difference between winning and losing a game :]
I'm not sure what a good neutral damage check would be, but:
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gyarados: 217-256 (65.5 - 77.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 8 Def Mega Gyarados: 217-256 (65.5 - 77.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gyarados: 240-283 (72.5 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 8 Def Mega Gyarados: 240-283 (72.5 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

For the most part, the 4 EVs make zero difference, and you've sacrificed your ability to win speed ties with other max speed Mega Gyarados in exchange for a defense EV that makes virtually no difference. The odds that your Gyarados will be facing another Mega Gyarados is probably much, much greater than the odds that that single defense point will ever matter, thus I don't see why you'd bother moving that EV at all.

Iirc double dance terrakion was one of the best terrakion sets in early ORAS OU.
While I'm not sure how good it is now, it's worth a mention IMO
Adamant
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def

16 HP / 240 Atk / 252 Spe Adamant or 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe Adamant

are viable on Mega Medicham if you want to avoud a OHKO from Mega Pinsir's Quick Attack

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Mega Pinsir can guarantee a kill after two Stealth Rock switch-ins (one switch-in is a roll in Medicham's favor) or one layer of Spikes (also a roll but in Mega Pinsir's favor) and people try to preserve it until late in the game so it can sweep. I'm not sure if there's a point in running the HP investment, especially with how hard Mega Pinsir has fallen from usage.

Last edited:
I don't think it's very relevant anymore.
I don't think so. If it wasn't mentioned in the analysis I don't think it's worth a mention.
In this thread, you may suggest EV Spreads and Natures for Pokemon of all ranks, with the exception of E-Rank.(standard or otherwise). If the Spread and Nature you are suggesting is not standard, you must provide rational reasoning for why these non-standard Spreads are viable and effective. You must also provide as of what the Spread does.
?

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
AV Hoopa-u:252 Atk/16HP/240spd adamant , 16hp for maximize recovery with drain punch ,his investiment in spd+AV allows him to enter on many special shots

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 16 HP / 240 SpD Assault Vest Hoopa: 122-146 (40 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 16 HP / 240 SpD Assault Vest Hoopa in Sun: 141-166 (46.2 - 54.4%) -- 54.3% chance to 2HKO
Changed :)

Change the spread on Wallbreaker Mega Gardevoir to 8 HP / 16 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe. This spread allows you to take 2 LO Psyshocks from Latios if you're at full, while also being able to take 1 Hydro Pump from Specs Keldeo after SR.

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 8 HP / 16 Def Mega Gardevoir: 117-139 (41.9 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 8 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gardevoir: 207-244 (74.1 - 87.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Life Orb Attacker
76 Atk / 180 SpA / 216 Spe
Naive Nature

76 EVs go into Attack to allow Tornadus-T to specifically OHKO Tyranitar and Excadrill with Superpower and to be able to deal some damage with its other physical move, U-turn. 216 Speed investment with a Naive nature is all it needs to outspeed Pokemon that are base 115 Speed and under, such as Choice Scarf Tyranitar. The rest is dumped into Special Attack so that Hurricane can hit as hard as possible. Finally, Life Orb is the item of choice, as it bolsters attacking power, and the recoil isn't much of a problem due to Regenerator.
There is some EVs missing, I think you mean 252 Spe.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
The EV spread is fine and it explains why it's at 216. 252 could be an alternative spread if you really wanted it, but there's nothing wrong with the listed one.

On Assault Vest Slowking, as an alternate EV spread, can you include 40 HP, 252 Sp. Attack, and 216 Sp. Defense? I calculated it wrong earlier, but this is the spread that avoids the OHKO from +6 Manaphy's energy ball.

Also, on choice specs Dragalge, can you mention 216 speed EVs to speed creep 164 speed Azumarill?

While I do agree that max speed should be run on thundurus, it is not because of tornadus.
Nobody runs Tornadus-I
I didn't say tornadus-I. When I just said Tornadus, I was referring to therian. We weren't discussing thundurus at all, I'm not sure where you're getting the thundurus part.

AraEDIT: No double posting

Last edited by a moderator:
Another spread for Life Orb Hydreigon could be 16 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA / 232 Spe. With a neutral speed nature, this lets you outspeed all neutral speed Kyurem-B, hits a Life Orb number, and the extra are dumped into attack, although they could really be put anywhere.

There's no point in adding EVs to “hit a Life Orb number”—Life Orb numbers are for Pokémon which actually invest in bulk and end up at 10n+1 or 10n+2 HP, where dropping a few EVs or using an IV of 29 produces the same bulk but less recoil damage from Life Orb. The extra 4 HP provides no significant bulk to make up for the loss of the speed-tie on opposing Hydreigon, and the 8 Atk EVs don't hit any useful KOs.

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yay you finished it :)

KidMagic just a note, I know you haven't done it yet, but try not to include Speed creeping sort of things, for example a user above me stated an alternate spread for Dragalge to outpace 164 Speed Azumarill, but that's just dumb because this sort of Speed creeping will just result in the target, e.g Azumarill, to run more Speed, and as a result turn into a cluster of "creeps".

Infernape has new, revamped sets: here
Conkeldurr has a new set (LO): here
In brackets after the "Literally Satan" on Gothitelle, add in Choice Scarf just for clarity. I was trying to be funny when I wrote the original analysis o_o
Sylveon is missing sets?
Slash Adamant after Jolly on Life Orb Breloom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)