Tournament oras nu revisited minitour [won by Watchog]

Status
Not open for further replies.
approved by TLs

hello!
Since ORAS is close to ending, I thought that it would be great to change our tier a bit. So I decided to make some changes by using the RU open stats. With that said, here are the drops from RU to NU that you will be able to use:

Absol
Delphox
Exploud (Banned)
Cofagrigus
Hitmontop
Accelgor
Eelektross
Togetic
Cinccino
Clawitzer
Ambipom

what is rising from NU to RU:

Gurdurr
Scyther
Weezing

Identity

If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming. Any battler worth their marbles has more than one team. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any forceful scouting. There is a difference between "ipl is known for using stall" and "let me follow ipl around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

Timer Clause

Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.

Disconnections

If a player disconnects and either player contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle. If it is agreed between players that this is not feasible due to unreasonable battle length, highly improbable circumstances, or some other reason, the player who did not disconnect may choose to rematch with either the same teams or (the option to use) new teams. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment. Do not do it.

everything else is standard oras nu, with the same clauses.
signups will close @ ~10 pm gmt+1, october 15th.
games will be best of 3

subs will be highly encouraged during round 1.

signups:
Earth
Arifeen
nv
Orphic
carcy
Drangonn.
Watchog
Capt. KnightWalker
~Eternally
pancake
sanjay.
PursuitOfHappiny
Threw
TTFTW
cyanize
rozes
Martin.
Zarif
AV8
cryalot
wishes
Peli

Last edited:
dropping a few sample teams to make everythin easier, idk if they are v good but yea if u wanna use them, feel free!

hit and run (Rhydon) @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn

heavy hitter (Ambipom) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Low Kick
- Knock Off

roses (Mismagius) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Hex
- Pain Split

queen of (Garbodor) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Focus Blast

the gas (Grumpig) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

station (Lilligant) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Healing Wish

ok so i just wanted to make a kind of ambipom+spikes team, similar to kangaspikes. started off with ambipom+rhydon which is just a standard necessary rocker, then added mismagius b/c i feel like having a way to spinblock and stallbreak at the same time is pretty nice and important. grumpig gets a cool niche in this tier since it can check delphox which is a pretty deadly mon thanks to its dual stabs + grass knot, so i added it. finished the team w scarf lilli for some speed control + it can lure in water type mons which is cool as well.

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn

Togetic @ Eviolite
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass
- Dazzling Gleam
- Roost

Combusken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

Xatu @ Charti Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Roost
- Grass Knot
- U-turn

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Focus Blast

i thought that togetic nastypass would be a cool thing to abuse so i started with that. i wanted to pass np to combusken b/c speed boost plus that looks pretty strong. i needed a rocker so i went with rhydon, standard thing that checks cool stuff like scyther, swellow etc. i like garbodor b/c it helps against absol which is probably gonna be a huge threat, alongside spikes support + fighting check. always appreciated. moving forward, i thought that having something like ludicolo would fit pretty well here, so i added that. at the end of the day dd don is quite a bitch so i went with charti+gknot xatu which looked pretty cool. probably not the best team but a fun one!

Pinsir @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- X-Scissor
- Rock Tomb
- Earthquake

Accelgor @ Life Orb
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Seed Bomb

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Signal Beam

Grumpig @ Choice Specs
Ability: Thick Fat
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Signal Beam

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Scald
- Air Slash

ok so accelgor has an incredible speed tier and ok spatk so i thought itd be a cool lo attacker. i wanted this team to be kinda offensive so i went with pinsir as a leader rocker, i find it p cool b/c of mold breaker. with that said, i decided to add garbodor b/c i like this shit. as always, it checks a lot of physically offensive mons in the tier + has access to spikes. then i went with rotom b/c i wanted some kind of speed control and i thought it'd fit well there, plus it can lure malamar and shiftry thanks to signal beam. grumpig, again, has a good niche in this new-ish tier since it checks delphox. i decided to go with a specs set this team. ended up the team with mantine b/c it looked cool, i love subtoxic and i think it works well.

have fun lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)